• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 3,600 Views, 102 Comments

Ananomogamous - The Psychopath



The horseman, War, is sent to Equestria by an invading force. How will he return to his own world?

  • ...
13
 102
 3,600

Ivamora Draygon

War looked around the white walls that he found himself botched behind, and saw an entrance to the castle right in front of him. It was blocked by two puny guards. This wierd world wasn't where he needed to be. If he wanted to stay, he would, but he did not, and the faster he left, the better. So, as he approached the entrance, the two guards fearlessly blocked the individual with their spears.

"Halt! You do not have permission to enter the castle. Leave at once!" yelled one of the guards.

The Watcher flew out into the open, only to shock the ponies even more.

"War, we have no time to lose. Dispose of these guards and be through with them. Perhaps that supposed "cursed" one will get us back once we take these "elements"."

To those words, the guards eyes widened, and the alert rang. As quick as lightning, War and the Watcher found themselves surrounded by tiny little white equidae equipped with all manner of weapons. War exhaled a large amount of air, causing some of the guards to flinch. Watcher rubbed his scrawny hands in anticipation.

"While I appreciate your bravery, I suggest you stand aside." War said coldly.
"What are you doing? Just kill them already and we'll be done with this." Watcher said while gesturing towards the guards.
"You don't scare us beast. You and that skinny pet of yours."
"PET?!"
"You were warned, and you should fear me."

War took out Chaoseater and spun around like a cyclone, cutting apart all material and objects around him, and tossing everything far away. The guards behind the entrance quickly closed the door. One kick, and the door was blasted to pieces. The unicorns standing further away formed a triple-layered barrier and started to throw bolts right threw it. War took out Mercy and started firing. Mercy is a weapon with infinite ammo and the ability for continued firing, thus, War kept firing and firing until a guard was foolish enough to try and sneak behind the horseman. War grabbed the guard and threw him in the air. Using his tremor gauntlet, War punched the guard through the barriers, shattering them. The guard also knocked out the unicorns and dragged them with him.

War was having much fun here. Seen from outside, the entire castle was shaking and rumbling. There were even portions exploding by some unknown means, although pieces of furniture and metal would often leave through the holes. When the horseman finally arrived in front of the massive wooden doors leading to the throne room, he literally ripped the doors off their hinges. In front stood two alicorns.

"Ah?" said the Watcher.
"How dare you attack my subjects and my kingdom!" yelled Celestia.
"I have no time for this. Give me the elements and I will be able to return to my home."
"No. We shall not give them to you!" screamed Luna.

The two alicorns readied their magics as War readied his glaive. Throwing it almost idiotically, the weapon flew abve the princesses' heads. Looking back down, Luna mocked:

"Ha! With poor marksmanship like that, you will not defe-"
*BAM*

It would seem that the glaive's purpose was to saw a hole in the ceiling right above the two alicorns, who were now underneath quite alot of rubble.

"Quite impressive the destruction that you leave in your wake, horseman." Watcher muttered as he floated above the two squirming alicorns.

War ignored the sprite and walked up the mount to the throne. A dabbled golden thing with red cushions, now damaged by the debris of the door. War ripped it off it's hinges and threw it through the wall, causing even more mass destruction. There was a very deep and dark hole underneath that throne, and it was big enough to accomodate War's girth. Without hesitation, the horseman jumped down the hole and landed with a very loud *crack*. The gray stone bricks beneath him being lifted high into the air. Directly in front of him lay the "jewelry", also known as the "elements of harmony". Grinning at the sight of these ridiculous things, the horseman grabbed each and every one and crushed them within the grasp of his giant gauntlet, stocking them within a pocket dimension. Instead of looking for another way out, War jumped up and grabbed the walls of the "well" he jumped through and climbed up with the strength of his arms, the feet being of no use here.

As the horseman jumped back out, he spotted Chrysalis and her changelings talking with the Watcher. War moved forward and dropped the elements in front of the buried princesses.

"No!" mumbled Celestia.
"Quiet! Now then, send us back to our world queen." Watcher said in irritation.

The queen looked at War in envy but, somehow, opened the portal back to War's world. She only muttered "Ananomogamous" in an inaudible tone. The portal looked like Samael's creation. Still orange, with black emanations akin to bats.

"There we go. I've upheld my end of the bargain. You are free to return to your world."

War squinted and jumped to the side as something green and jagged charged at his chest.

"Oh? You knew?"
"Your lies are not enough to fool me, changeling. You tried to trick me into tipping the balance of this world in your favor. I only followed because I knew you could sen me back to my world. Now you try to kill me? Bad move."
"Hmhmhm! Yes. And with the powers I absorbed from the surrounding villages, even YOU cannot stop me! The only being to have killed the Ivamora."
"The what?"

Celestia and Luna finally forced the rubble off of themselves. Their eyes were bulging wide.

"But...nopony has managed to defeat it, let alone kill it. Do you know what you've done?!" screamed Celestia in panic.

The sound of cracking stone could already be heard, and the sights of enormous green vines started to climb the walls and windows outside.

"Whenever the Ivamora is killed, it lets out a seed. That seed is known as the Ivamora Draygon. It was growing all over these areas after some foals had killed the first as it was still growing. The ensuing destruction was terrible." Luna said.

Chrysalis chuckled.

"I can easily defeat it with my new powers!*clink* AAAAH!"

The Ivamora Draygon had burst through the surrounding walls and had grabbed the changelings unprepared. Dangling from the legs, Chrysalis tried to zap it with her magic. To her surprise, it wasn't affected.

"What?! Why isn't it working?!"
"You idiot! It is immune to magic!" shouted Luna while trying to cut the incoming vines with her magic.
"WHAT?!" yelled the changelings.

War looked at what he had started. He needed to stop this. It would restore the balance, and his own world needed him quickly. Straga was growing stronger by the minute.

"I will stop this."
"What? But you-"
"It is for the balance."
"...fine...but hurry up." complained the Watcher as he returned to War's gauntlet.

Before the captured changelings and te fighting alicorns, War changed into his chaos form. Charging forward and jumping out the window, one could see that the Ivamora Draygon had spread all across Canterlot, the massive head staring at War from the center. It fired several of it's yellow petals at the horseman, who simply ran through the blades. The plant started to attack with it's other heads, biting itself in the process. A house was thrown into the air as War ran along the oversized vines. The horseman caught it, umbued it with his powers, and threw the thing full force at the main head, who became stunned for a few moments. Jumping on another of the flying houses, the horseman jumped on this would and finally through hiself down the throat of the Ivamora Draygon. The creature started to look around confused, but felt itself being torn apart. Thrashing about, the creature barfed War in the direction of the portal. The ensuing collision and dissappearance of this sent out a shockwave that literally desintegrated any remains of the plant.


War finally dropped withint the black walls of the tower of souls. Traversing a door which was encrusted with the orange energy of death, the horseman passed over an unstable bridge created from stone fragments temporarily held aloft by the souls underneath. Having continued through, the horseman found himself in the main room of the tower. In the middle of the room floated an angel imprisoned by what looked like three armored, stone skulls.

"Azrael..." War announced. The angel looked up.


Sorry about this bad and rushed ending, but I had to finish it.It didn't end up like I wanted it to, as War isn't exactly the best of characters to work with. Meh. Experimentation, experimentation...TO THE NEXT STORY!

Comments ( 35 )

great story and all but to short if you ask me. no real fight or what so ever. no offense.

still a great story

it was an interesting combination, could have been longer.
for the next one you can use death, which would be really epic
anyways here's a mustache for an awesome story :moustache:

Meh, it was okay.

Kinda wished there wasnt a rushed ending but otherwise good

855604 Darksiders. It seems I forgot to put that in the description.:facehoof:

Try getting death to come here, or maybe War returning to this realm.:derpyderp2:

870709 I'll try. But the problem is, War doesn't have much of a personality besides destroying things, being silent, and violent. He isn't easy to work with, especially as he's a horseman of the apocalypse.

870890 what about Death?

879990 The game hasn't come out yet, but I have a feeling that Death actually has more personality than War.

881681It's out now, and He has an awesome sense of humor

1836284 Dude, this story has LONG since been forgotten. I don't pay attention to it, especially seeing as I finished it. I suggest you don't read any further anyways. I wanted to make a big story loyal to War's personality, but that was just the problem. HE HAS NONE. Only Watcher was good enough for me to play out, but War was out of bounds. If I ever get Darksiders 2, then perhaps Death will have a more rich personality, but I've been told that the only difference is that he has humor.

5347178 Dude. That comment is from two years ago. He got the answers to his question already.

By the way, I haven't gotten a comment on this story for just as long.

5347415 I like War, because he mainly keeps focus on what he does.

Try doing a "re-do" of this story with Death plz, if not..... (._.) Okay... :raritycry: :fluttercry: :raritydespair:

7037456 Good grief. I forgot about this. The last time people asked me (which was a long time ago), Darksiders 2 hadn't come out yet...or I didn't have the game. Now I do, but, I feel this story didn't turn out right because there wasn't much to do with War as he didn't exactly have a personality. Spooky Scary Ghost guy had it all. Might be different with Death.

7038822 Not now. I haven't been invested in the Darkside series for quite some time. Plus, I'd need to think up a proper story.

523558 on this day.... alll the 'Y U NO's were used

7038433 sooooo...... no Death forever? :twilightblush:

If not, okay then Im ok with that, awesome story and I liked (liked as in lil green thumb) it

7038865 I'm honestly not sure I could make a sequel. I mean, this story just came from the word 'Ananomogamous' plopping up in my head one fine day.

I still have other stories you might be interested in, in-case you want something else to read.

7039084 :rainbowhuh: whut tha hay? How would that happen?

*is sitting around*
The voices in my head wisper a word to me, "Ananomogamous..."
"Ananomogamous," I slowly repeat out loud. "That seems like a good title where that is a spell that summons War into Equestria by Crysalis in an attempt to steal the Elements and lotsa shit happens. Hmmmm..... better write this down before I forget."
*writes 9k+ word fanfic that everyone loves except the haters who hate everything*

Yeah, seems legit :coolphoto:

7039209 Pretty much how it works for me. I'm writing a novel (a real novel. Might experiment with the idea here to see how testing works in familiar territories) where the main character is a child who accidentally became a lich and is fleeing from the Lunar Necromancers through a fantasy world and who derives his necromantic powers from the various moon phases, hence the name 'Lunar Necromancer'. I've devloppe dit quite heavily.

How did the idea come? From me adjusting my eyelashes.

7039382 O_O I wonder if this is how Twilight feels about Pinkie logic/ Pinkie physics... / Pinkie sense

On a side note: I need to regrow a few tufts of hair on my head because they... uhhh... fell off cuz a... octopus snatched a razor and tried to decapitate me in a desert... in Antarctica :applejackunsure:

7040098 That was a squid. They live in deserts.

7041461 How? It looked sorta like a polar bear but it had a sign that said 'I am oktopus, plz beleeve mee' dangling around its neck :rainbowhuh:

7042003 *gets uncomfortably close to your face* Shhhh. No tears. Only dreams now.

7042138 *scoots closer*
........ BATHE IN THE MEAT CHUNKS!!! *attempts to do eye surgery on you with a rusty pizza cutter*

7043827
*pulls out buzz axe*
'This is gonna get messy...'
"WHO WANTS THE FIRST SLICE!!!!!" :pinkiecrazy:

7039382 I found this again. Respond to this msg or something when the book comes out

7706778 Oh, that was about another novel. I made a second one. It's on inkitt right now if you're interested.

7706854
Interesting. I never saw this reply. 4 years later...Did I ever tell you the title through PMs?

Login or register to comment