• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 3,599 Views, 102 Comments

Ananomogamous - The Psychopath



The horseman, War, is sent to Equestria by an invading force. How will he return to his own world?

  • ...
13
 102
 3,599

The next six "hearts"

The deeper into the forest War went, the more suspicious he grew. Obviously, this "Celestia" as of a high status, something he cared less about. However, she also seemed to arbor the motifs of the sun. For someone so akin to the angels of the first realm, she seemed to adore darkness very much. That, and her "warriors" seemed deadly afraid of the horseman. The weakest of demons would attack the horseman head-on without even thinking twice. The fact that these guards seemed somewhat stronger than those same demons was inexcusable for their fears, so this must have been a ploy. Even Ruin had his doubts.

The horse suddenly slowed down as the ground strated to transform into murky waters. The further War ad ruin went, the more apparent the scenery became. It was very dark with lots of swamp plants and weird little stems ending in a bulbous yellow ball. The ground was barely anything left of the ground, mostly seeming to be made from water now. The surrounding cliffs were carved out to make what looked like dried-mud homes. Several little faces were poking out as "Celestia" turned around to face the horseman, who was now walking in the mud alongside his mount. Ruin seemed irritated by the inability to see the flames constantly emanating from the bottom of his hooves. This was reflected by the fact that he kept lifting his hooves and tried to kick off the murky substance.

War was readying something as "Celestia" spoke "dearly", almost seductively, to the horseman as she walked around him.

"So, you are the one who has been invading my domain?"
"Yes."
"I must thank you. I...my people here have been cursed, and we can no longer go into the normal environnment because of my Döppelganger and her evil sister. Look at what most of us have become." she said as the changelings came out of their hiding places.

War crocked an eyebrow, and slowly approached Celestia, who was seemingly "crying". She gave a hidden grin, but felt something hit the side of her face, only to find herself in a hole through the wall. The horseman had another gauntlet around his right hand. It was the tremor gauntlet. With the face of a demon on it, the gauntlet could control the powers of the earth, causing shockwaves and such. It even increased War's physical prowess.

As "Celestia" tried to figure out what had just happenned, the being in front of her punched the ground firmly, causing the surrounding changelings to tumble to the floor, and have a wave of the mud fling up as the wave of energy caused the "houses" to fall upon the princess. War jumped casually onto the pile and pulled the wounded being out, only to toss her back into the mud. As the deity of the sun coughed up some dirt and dust, she looked up to see the giant towering above her.

"Wh-what are you doing?"
"Stop your mind games." he said menacingly."This is not your form. Reveal your true self, or I'll force you to." the horseman ended with the tremor gauntlet slowly inching towards Celestia's neck.

"Okay! No need to go so far."

The guards and "Celestia" returned to their original selves, although the "guards" were cowering behind their queen, who grinned frustratingly at the horseman. Even as she stood up, he still leaned over her without any effort.

"What do you want?" he asked coldy.
"I just want you to help us. We really are cursed, and I'm sure that only you can help us."
"Hmph. I have no time to play around with pitiful black specks."

War started to turn around, aiming for his mount, but queen Chrysalis stopped him with a call, the side of her face still swollen from the shock of the gauntlet.

"I know how to send you back to your world." she said with a grin.

War's eyes widened as he heard this, and he quickly grabbed the changeling queen by the throat as he took out his scythe and aimed the tip at Chrysalis. The changeling's eyes grew in size as the purple tip grew closer to her.

"Y-yes. I can take you back, but you must do something for me."
"Fine." the horseman said as he threw the queen back onto the ground, making a nasty splash in the process.

Queen Chrysalis took the moment to massage her neck, the very fibers having been crushed by a merciless hand that reeked of blood. The two didn't notice the other two changelings going towards Ruin, who was now trying to burn off the murky waters from his hooves. As the changelings looked up at the brimstone mount, the mount looked back. These changelings adorned a sneaky look, indicating a sinister idea hiding within their minds.

Meanwhile, Chrysalis started to speak, while receiving the threatening pressure from War.

"You have to get six jewels known as the "Elements of Harmony" from Canterlot castle. I can transport you directly to it, but you will...*cough*...end up right in the middle of the army laying there."
"I need to return to my world as soon as possible...hurry up with your spell already."

*BAM*
"AAAAAAAHHHHH!" yelled two flaming changelings who flew right by War and Chrysalis. The two ignored these fireballs.

"Good. They are currently held within the vault room. If you go through the throne room, a secret passage should be just underneath the throne. Find it, bring the jewels to me, and our people will be freed."

War frowned even more.

"Fine, but hurry up, I don't wish to stay here any longer than I should."
"Do not worry. Call that beast of yours away and we will be able to send you within the castle walls."

War didn't even move that Ruin returned to whatever world he was connected to. Chrysalis smiled "beastily" as some sort of rune formed right underneath War. He looked down and tried to discern whatever language it was written in. To his surprise, it was neither a language of man, demon, or angel. It was unknown. However, Chrysalis and a few other changelings surrounded the horseman and started chanting something strange. In a sudden burst of energy, the mud started flying and surrounded War almost entirely as he became blind to the outside world. As soon as his "funnel" prison dumbed down, he found himself standing on fresh green grass surrounded by tall white walls of purity, all while being stared at by several golden-armored ponies.


Chrysalis stood back up from her muddy perch, sweat trickling down her forehead. The look of insanity reflecting from her eyes disturbed and worried the others. One of them stepped forward as she was pushed by the others. Her teeth were chattering and her limbs were flailing, but she gathered her courage and said:

"M-m-m-my queen? What now?"
"Now...while Celestia and Luna are distracted with that big brainless oaf, we'll feast. We can do much with just a few hours. Come!" Chrysalis yelled as she expanded her thin wings.

The hours started to fill with confidence as they left Morvis, their home area of Everfree. War was going to have much fun with what he was about to do, and what would follow.


This is a cliffhanger chapter. That's why it' so short. Trololol!