• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 1,732 Views, 60 Comments

Mantle of Responsibility - The-DerpSide



Storming off as Rarity pines after Trenderhoof, Spike becomes...something more....The Didact of Sacrifice

  • ...
3
 60
 1,732
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 36 )

Well, the talk the princesses will have with Spike will be an interesting one at least.

4975607

you can say that again. However, next hapter is mosty Spike's reunion with Moondancer, and the chapter after that will be his meeting with the princesses

Spike x Moondancer and Twilight!

First comment! This is Cool Spike setting up shop where there be a thret later in the story also I vote moondancer you make a good point with luna and the other dragoness but maby I still thinking about twispike good luck!!!

Lance blazer

Im still gonna say Spike x Dragoness

Spike x Moondancer.

Because I've yet to see a single one of these. NOT ONE. Seriously, I don't understand how fan made ponies get a lot of fame, yet Moondancer isn't even in any of this. Derpy was originally nothing BUT an animation error in the background that became popular and thus, Hasbro decided to include her so as to sell more toys and thus, I just can't understand how this is even possible.

Button Mash was popular for a time and he too was just a background pony. This just makes NO sense whatsoever. Someone PLEASE explain this to me.

Spike&Luna: Celestia might say, "Does a princess not deserve love as well? Does the fact that she has power mean that all that care for her are seeking to control such power or to help use it for certain gains? Is this not the very reason she sought power in the first place: because she was NOT loved?" or something like that...

Spike&Dragoness: I mostly see it that his egg was only abandoned because it was stolen (unknown by who, where, when (could've even been so long ago that the dragons you were talking about are actually his great-grand-niece(s) and/or nephew(s)) , if parent dragons are/were alive at the time, or even how many eggs were in the clutch) and as for finding the dragon, possibly during his travels to re-activate the tech of which most species have at least 1 major town within, and some techs that aren't in one (which he gives to the ones that most need it) he stumbles upon a dragoness loner when he's "in her territory", when he's really waiting for his men to finish recon for the nearest towns for this abandoned tech...

and 1 last thing: the pic would've been a lot better as a diagram of the inside/layers of it, because as it is, it's practically indistinguishable from a planet that's ... what's the right word? I can only recall from The Dragon and The Force where whole planets are each just one big city: no grass or natural land, just metal buildings...

Is it at all possible for a Spike x Dragoness and Moondancer?

Well I leaning towards Luna and about the king/prince there are many titles you can use meaning that he's her mate but he just doesn't hold power over the political aspect ect ect

Spike x Twilight

4976184

A shield world is simply a planet surrounded by layers of metal

4976040
Derpy was pointed out to the animators by a fan an she-in a way-became a game between the animators and fans. A "Where's Waldo?" character.

Button Mash was a side character colt playing an arcade game in the "hearts and hooves" day episode that appeared for about two seconds. A fan gave him a backstory-connecting the audience and show-.....until Hasbro lawyers forced him to shut it down.

That was a stupid move on Hasbro' s part. In a way, hey cut off a good way to advertise their own show and got a lot of people mad at them. They did not go after "fan works" giving their series a negative view- such as a the " .MOV" series.

4977400 I understood that, but I was simply saying that the picture looked indistinguishable from a planet who's whole surface was metalic

4978139

That, unfortunately, was the best one I could find. The only other ones of it "opening" the gateway into it prevented the inside from being seen due to the orange "scanning" light

4978169, I can understand that, which is why I suggested a diagram that explains the sections/parts of it

4978179

Couldn't find those either.......that was my first search

4978047 Good. Now someone explain to me why they've done next to nothing regarding Moondancer. Hell, she even appeared in a pannel during one issue of the IDW comics.

4979915

she was mentioned in episode 1 as Spike's first crush.

After that, I don't know. ?...maybe legal issues? She was a Gen 1 character.

4976040 yea he has a point the only Spike x moondancer fic is on spike's gals I find it cut even thow I don't know her so well she sowns fun

Lance blazer

When is the next chapter coming

>spike is angry
>walks away
>meets a forerunner

Well that escalated quickly.

I know this story was made before season six but instead of an OC dragoness use Ember instead.

hello, hope you add more ^^

Spike x Moondancer

SPIKE X OC DRAGONESS.

Another one with potential abandoned.

8721553
Not abandoned.

Technical issues

8730014
OMNI:Really!!!
MIND:He just finished saying that.
OMNI:Oh.........FOLLOW!!!

one thing that would be cool is if the castle in the crystal empire is actually a forerunner key ship because it looks a lot like one

A pretty interesting story.
Wished it continued though.

I vote for Spike x Luna, I just love that ship.
As for the issue it might bring with "the night one-upping the day by getting a lover" thing that would make some ponies angry, I can see Celestia intervening and putting her hoof down to shut those ponies up. Telling them "Can you please let my sister have this? May I need to remind you that she and her night was stuck in my shadow for so long? So you are basically telling me she isn't allowed to step out of my shadow and get something? She isn't allowed to have happiness??" or something. She basically lost Luna for a 1000 years because the ponies took her for granted pretty much(and also Celestia not noticing Luna's pain before it was too late iirc), she would probably want to make sure Luna gets to shine and step out of her shadow and shine in her own way or something. Like learning from her mistakes that led to NMM and now will defend for Luna to have happiness.
I can also see Celestia also going "Seriously? You are threatening to plunge me and my sister's country into war and potentially threaten innocent lives just because you are salty that Luna has gotten a lover and I didn't yet? Are you kidding me? My sister isn't allowed to one-up me for once? I don't mind if she has gotten a lover before I do, if she's happy then I am happy."
Would be heartwarming and hilarious to see Celestia shutting those ponies up from being worked up about Luna getting a lover.
Yeah, I am aware they might be specifically upset about Luna getting someone who's really important(such as Spike as the bearer of the Mantle of Responsibility) but really Celestia would remind the ponies that Luna deserves to have something to one-up her for once since Luna was stuck in Celestia's shadow for many times.
(EDIT: Well.. hope this came out correctly..)

10160239

I appreciate your comment! I will certainly take that into account.

I don't know if you saw my newest blog post...but I explain on it what is keeping me from writing, and I would appreciate your help

Spike x Luna for me bro.

10794044
I love Spike x Luna big time

I love your story

I have to vote Spike X Moondancer, because both are Knowledge interested

Spike x Moondancer

Login or register to comment