• Published 23rd Jul 2014
  • 1,418 Views, 23 Comments

What Happened Last Night!? - DemonBrightSpirit



So, I let my step-brother convince me into going to a party. It led to the worst thing I've ever experienced. I didn't get hit on or taken advantage of. No, I just ended up stranded in the freaking land of talking ponies!

  • ...
5
 23
 1,418

There's Something You Don't See Every Day!

I checked my phone again. It only read 6% battery remaining. Even if Sam's friend could help, what were my chances of them tracing my phone before it died?

"Oooh! There's something you don't see every day!" a strange voice sounded. I snapped my head over to see Twilight standing there and a...thing. It was some sort of Frankenstein monster! It was like someone sewed a bunch of animal parts together to make...a Frankenstein monster! In a flash, the thing was standing right next to me! Unlike the little horse-things, this thing was bigger than me!

"This looks neat!" he said, snatching away my phone!

"Give that back!" I demanded as I tried to grab it, but he vanished again.

"Discord!" Twilight shouted. "That belongs to her. It isn't something for you to play with."

"But it seems so fun," he said. I followed his voice to find him lying on a rafter with the phone up to his ear. "Hello. Who is this?" A pause. "I'm Discord, chaos incarnate!" he bellowed. Another pause. "Uh-huh… Uh-huh… Oh! No, she's fine. A bit grumpy, but otherwise—"

"Sam? Is that you?" I shouted up at the thing. "That damn thing took my phone!"

It slinked down, somehow standing upside down with his...feet…? He was standing on the beam, but he was upside down! The guy was so big, that standing there like that, he was right at my level. "Hey, I'm on the phone," he hissed at me keeping a...paw over the phone's mic. He then rolled his eyes. "Rude!"

Before he had a chance to ignore me some more, my phone glowed purple as it launched out of his...claw, and started hovering in front of me. I noticed Twilight's horn was glowing, too. Tentatively, I wrapped my fingers around the phone and the glowing stopped. I immediately brought the phone to my ear. "Sam?"

"Jenifer, are you okay?"

"Fine! I'm fine," I replied, huffing as I looked between Twilight and that thing. "That...thing took my phone, but I got it back."

"Wait, what thing?"

"If there was a word for it, I would tell you. There isn't a word for it."

I could hear him groan on the other end. "Are you all right though?"

"I'm fine."

"Good. Now just—"

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I pulled the phone back just in time to see it shutting down. "No! No, no, no, no!"

I tried in vain to resurrect my phone, but to no avail. "Please tell me you...have a plan…" I trailed off as I looked back to find that Twilight and Discord were both gone.

"They left to go out back, dearie," the portly pony behind the counter told me.

"For the love of… You are not abandoning me, too!" I shouted, heading out the door.

I made it about halfway.

The stupid door frame was just low enough to catch my forehead. I recoiled, covering my head with both hands. "Damn! Son of a whore!"

After leaving the bakery muttering more curses, I found Twilight and Discord in the alley they say I was found in.

"Wow! I have to admit, this is some fine craftsmanship," Discord said, seemingly examining...thin air.

"You're telling me that you had nothing to do with this?" Twilight asked.

"Not at all," Discord replied. "I'm a bit jealous!"

I marched straight up to them. "What the hell are you two babbling about?"

Twilight sighed before pointing a hoof at the empty spot they seemed interested in. "There is... How to explain this? Uh, well, there's a distortion in magic here. It must've been left behind when you came into our world."

"Oh, it's not just magic." Discord snapped a finger, and suddenly I could see a swirling distortion. It was like there was glass, or water, or something gently swirling and tumbling through the air. "All of space-time has been altered here." Discord floated up behind the distortion, making him look even more bizarre.

"It would've taken an incredible amount of magic to leave a scar like this!" Twilight said, marveling at the swirly-thing. "See? This has to be from where you came into our world."

"Yeah," I said, dismissing it with a wave of my hand, "I don't care. Can you send me home or not?"

Discord rubbed his chin before shrugging. "Nope!"

Twilight nodded. "It might have been open long enough for you to pass, but now I'm afraid that there is no way anything can get through."

"My phone calls got through!" I held up my phone for emphasis.

"Oooh!" Twilight sat back and clopped her front hooves together like she was clapping. "I'd love to witness how that works! Try it!"

I rolled my eyes. "Love to. Only one problem. My phone died, thanks to that thing!" I shouted, pointing at Discord. "And, unless you have a charger tucked away in your little tree house or here on Gingerbread Lane, I can't recharge it!"

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Gingerbread Lane is on the other side of town."

I lost count of how many times I'd facepalmed, so I'll just call this one "a lot and one more."

"A recharge, huh?" Discord said, taking my phone again. He fiddled with it for but a moment before throwing it back at me. I barely caught it.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?"

He scoffed. "What a way to thank somepony." He just waved a talon and vanished from sight.

Rolling my eyes, I glanced back down to my phone.

It was on!

Comments ( 6 )

Discord, walking wall socket. I like it.

4834697 Maybe he could rent himself out as a charger?

4835052
He could hang out at an airport and hold on to people/ponies electronics. Not his fault if you forget to pick it up though.:trollestia:

4838212 Sounds about his speed.

I SWEAR TO CELESTIA I WANT MOAR :raritycry: :raritycry: :raritycry: :raritycry: :raritycry: :raritycry: :raritycry:

Surprisingly, this is the first human-in-equestria I have read where the human is female. Too bad its cancelled.

Login or register to comment