• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 1,555 Views, 41 Comments

Bride of Draspaina - DragonKing



Twilight had a bad date with Flash, and now her Brother gets captured by the Dragon Kingdom. She exchanges to be the dragon prince's bride for his freedom. Will she love him or not?

  • ...
5
 41
 1,555

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The next Morning, Draco was looking over the whole castle to check up for the upcoming ball with Nightbane to his right and Frostfang to his left. "So how are the perforations going?"

"Everythings looks in order your highness, Claw brought a lot his meats to the castle and will soon be cooking it, Ironworks is in his shop making some things for the castle, and Lava taking security very tight around here."

"Has his men received word of our side of Crystal mountain?" Draco asked.

"They reported that nothing was found and they say they still can't find anything. That drake must have seeing stuff." Frostfang said.

"I highly doubt it." Draco sighed as he then saw a purple alicorn walk down the stair, with a baby dragon at her side, and couldn't help himself but walk up to her. "Twilight." He said smiling. Then he smile turned into a frown as he noticed that she was looking glum. "What wrong."

"What?" She asked as if she was in a daze.

"I asked you what's wrong you look a little down." Draco answered her looking concerned.

'I can't tell him that I went into his room, took the book that hides the truth of the Crystal Empire and teleport it back this morning before he notices something. What should I do?' She thought to herself. "I guess I'm just a homesick, It's been sometime been sometimes since I didn't see my friends."

"I see." Draco said. "If you like, we could go and visit them." This news shocked Twilight, Spike and Frostfang.

"Really? But don't you have your court meetings and preparing for the Ball?"

"Don't worry, I trust everydrake in the castle is capable without me as for the court meetings, I'm sure Frost and the other nobles can handle them while I'm gone. Won't you?" Draco turned his head to his most loyal of guards.

"Your highness, I think this is not such a good idea, I mean the other nobles can't rule in your place." Frost explained.

"They are not ruling in my place they are looking out for their citizens and themselves, they should learn to have a backbone on ruling and besides, I'm not going to be long. I also have to invite the ponies of Equestria here." Draco said. "We don't even know where to send out the invitations."

"If it helps, I'll send a letter to my friends and to the princesses to know that we are coming." Twilight asked as Draco gave a nod. She turned to Spike who already had a paper and quill in his hand. "Dear Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. I want to inform you that me, Spike and Draco are coming to Ponyville to stay for a while for a ball that me and Draco have planned. Sincerely Twilight." She annoyed as the baby dragon wrote everything down and blow his green fire as the message evaporates.

"There now everything will be prepared, let's get going." Draco said ready to leave.

"I'll ready the carriage sir." Frostfang about to walk out on them till Draco stopped him

"Nonsense, I'm flying there on my own."

"But your highness how-"

"I'll turn big, that way Twilight, Spike and Nightbane can climb on my back and we can get going." He interrupted the elder drake. "Take care of the kingdom for me when I'm gone." Walking out as the baby dragon, alicorn princess and wolf were right behind him.

At the Crystal Empire, the Mane Five were in the Library looking for answers to King Sombra's past.

"This stinks! We've been at here for days and no answers!" Rainbow Dash throw a book at the nearest self.

"No need ter take it out on the book Rainbow." Applejack stated.

"Still, it's a shame that we didn't find any answers on King Sombra's past, It's like all records of him just vanished." Rarity piling all the books together back together.

"Or on his wife, now that I think about it, I didn't even see a single book talking about the rulers of the crystal empire." Pinkie popping out of a pile of books.

"I hope that Twilight has a bigger chance than us." Said Fluttershy.

Then a letter appeared out of thin air like the last one. Knowing that it's coming from Twilight, Rainbow Dash took the letter and began reading it. She then has her eyes opening very wide. "She's coming to visit ponyville today!"

Everypony cheered at this news then took a frown at the realization.

"We got to get back to the train y'all!" Applejack running out as the others followed her.

"Why did she sent a letter out of the blue?" Rainbow Dash asked

"Maybe she found something out." Fluttershy said while running.

"Maybe, but the letter also mentioned a ball."

"A b-ba-ball!?" Rarity shouted out of excitement that it seemed her eyes were shining. "She probably wants me to make her a dress for such an occasion, though I will have to make for us all. It's not everyday we get invited to something like this."

"Well I hope that it will be better then the Gala." Applejack countered. "Don't get me wrong Y'all but don't want a repeated event happening."

Everypony else nodded in agreement as they made it to the train station and with in luck they happen to catch the next train back to Ponyville.

Draco, Twilight, Spike and Nightbane were on one of the balconies,getting ready for their trip to Equestria.

"So you ready." Draco ask with a wing wrapped around his mare.

"Yes I am." Twilight blushed. "I can't wait to show you around town and my favorite places."

"I can't wait either." Draco taking his wing off her and began enlarging in size as he levitated off the ground by a foot. "Get on." As he was now tripled in size and all three of them jumped on his back.

"Ok, were on." Twilight informed him as she saw Spike grabbing one of his spikes and Nightbane biting into another.

"Hold on tight now." He said as he flapped his wings real hard, taking the skies above them heading south of the Crystal mountains.

"Wow." Twilight said aloud as she saw Draspaina from a really high altitude. "I never knew it was so pretty here."

"It's something isn't it?" Draco asked flapping his wings even stronger. "I might be saying the same thing with Equestria when we arrive."

"I think you'll like it there, but try not to eat any meat in front of any pony, I mean I know dragons eat meat but can you at least eat something else while we're there?"

"Not even fish?"

"Not even fish."

"Alright, I'll try to keep myself under control, but hay is not part of my diet. Draco said flying over the Crystal mountains.

"Don't worry we have a whole lot of wheat and grain that you can substitute it with." Twilight smiled. "I'll make sure that I tell Celestia when we visit Canterlot."

"Good to hear." Draco now flying past the Crystal Empire. His face went from joy to serious as he looked down at the kingdom. 'Never thought such a beautiful kingdom has such ponies who let their queen die.'

Twilight saw the look on his face then noticing that blow them was the Crystal Empire. 'It must have been hard for him. But why didn't King Shadow Nova stop Sombra from enslaving the empire?' "Um, Draco?" She said as his head was slightly tilted to her.

"If your going to ask me about Sombra's wife I'm still not going to answer."

"No, I wasn't going to ask about that. I wanted to ask why didn't your father stop him from enslaving the ponies?"

"That, I can answer." He said while looking ahead. "If you were to fight your old friend and knew that it was wrong for a good cause, would you stop them?"

Twilight then looked utterly in thought of what he use said. "That's actually very hard. If your friend does something that looks bad to others but is actually good, is um... it's...uh. Can you make it more simple?" As she rubbed her temple.

"He couldn't fight his best friend."

"Oh that makes a lot more sense."

"Not only that, but if he attacked the Crystal Empire, then both Princesses Celestia and Luna would attack him and drag into another war, which he did not want."

"That does make a lot of sense since he did gain the title of Warlord."

"Yeah, but he was a respectful warlord, the people loved him. Sometimes I wish I could be like him."

"You'll be better." Twilight said which gave the green dragon an appreciated smirk as she returned it. "Hey I can see Ponyville by now." Looking afar by as she noticed her castle in the distance.

"Made it." Pinkie flopped down outside of Ponyville station.

"I hope we made it before Twilight." Rainbow Dash looking around as she took the air and saw something coming this way. "Hey what is that?" Squinting to get a better look. "It looks like-"

"A DRAGON!" A pony shouted as he pointed at the sky and everypony screamed and ran around town.

"Call the Wonder Bolts!"

"Call Royal Guard!"

"Call the Princesses!"

As soon as Draco landed in the center of town, with his passengers getting off, He turned to his usual size and saw that everypony was still running around. "Is it like this when dragons come?"

"Well yeah but that was when they actually did harm to the town, it even happened when Luna was here on Nightmare Night." Twilight informed him.

"Oh, Well time to settle things down before it gets out of hand." He step forward a few feet, breathed in and shouted at the top of his lungs. "EVERYPONY STOP!"

As soon as he shouted, all of Ponyville citizens stopped running and screaming.

"Good." Seeing that everypony was staring at him with uncomforting stares and looks. "Now that I have your attention, I am Prince Draco of Draspaina, I came here with Princess Twilight to invite some of you to a ball she and I agree to before our wedding."

Twilight walks along side him and also makes an announcement. "Everypony it's so good to see you again, so I want everypony to treat Draco with respect as he shall do the same towards you." With that said, all the ponies in Ponyville gave a slight cheer and proceeded to back what they were doing. Twilight looks around town to see if she could find the remaining mane six.

"Twilight!" A group of ponies said coming from her right. It turned out to be the mane five as they ran towards her and gave a group hug.

"It's so good to see you again. I thought you were going to stay in Draspaina for a while." Pinkie said in her really fast motion.

"We all thought that." Fluttershy said as the others nodded in agreement.

"And we tried so hard to-" Rainbow Dash noticed Draco next to Twilight with a raised eyebrow. "Tired so hard to tell everypony not to panic."

"Ok." Draco said looking a little suspicious but let it go. "Anyway this is a nice town, so where do I begin the tour?"

"Well you must be hungry from your trip here, how about we head up to Sweet Apple Acres, I bet you would love the taste of my apples." Applejack leading the way as the rest followed.

The walk didn't take too long since Sweet Apple Acres was on the edge of town with all the apple trees, veggie fields and the barn up ahead.

"Hope you like apples Drake because ours is the best in Equestria." Applejack said heading to the fields and bucked a tree as apples fell down into a basket. "Here try it." Handing it to him.

Draco looked at the apple rubbed it and took a big bite out of it. He took a few chews of it, however spits it out. This gave the orange earth pony a mixed emotion of sadness and anger. 'Uh oh I think I hurt her feelings, I better apologize.' He thought then spoke. "Sorry, it's the first time I had an apple, I'm sure a lot of dragons would like your apples. Maybe I could try other products from it or maybe not the red ones.'

This got Applejack to relax a bit. 'Well he's no Blueblood that's for sure.' "At least your honest. Maybe you can have some of Granny's Apple pie or maybe some Zap Apple jam."

"Don't forget about the Apple cider." Rainbow Dash stepped in

"But if you don't, I'm sure you'll love our sweets in Sugarcube Corner." Pinkie hopping up and down the road.

"Sounds good to me. Lead the way." Draco said following behind Pinkie.

"So how is the cake?" She asked as the rest stared at the dragon chewing on a red velvet cake.

"It's good." He said eating more of the cake. "I'll have to order some for the guys back home."

"Eat as much as you want, there is more where that came from." Pinkie said showing off more cake and desserts.

"So, Draco, we noticed in the letter that you and Twilight are up holding a ball, so I assume you and her will be needed something to wear."

"Rarity, I wanted to let you make my dress but, it's being down for me." Twilight said feeling guilty.

"Oh, well that's a real shame... I would have like to make your dress for such an occasion." Rarity sighted.

"Actually I think you can." Draco commented as the main six stared at the dragon ruler. "The one who is making Twilight's dress told me she needs a history of Twilight's measurements and materials for the fabrics she wants to use."

This got to Rarity as she squee of excitement. "I would gladly help out, after all I did made one princess's dress."

"Yeah, yeah we know, about all that let's not get things to girly, how is anypony going to that land anyway, it's too cold for any pegasi to get their and the mountains are too steep to climb on." Rainbow Dash said.

"I'm glad you ask, Going to let the Dragoons take everypony."

"The what?" Rainbow looking confused as much as the others who shrugged.

"The Dragoons, they're the elite flyers and the special tactics squad." Draco explains to them.

"So they are like the Wonderbolts?"

"If it makes it easier to understand then yes."

"Awesome, I can't wait to meet them, I want to race them so bad now."

"I doubt it, They are not big on racing." Draco said while rolling his eyes. "Well I got to use the restroom." Getting up and proceeding to the restrooms.

Once he was fully gone, Twilight looked around, seeing that he went to the restrooms like he said he would and that Nightbane was still outside next to the entrance. "Girls I found it."

"Really? cause we found absolutely nothing. I mean they made it sound like this was a big deal." Rainbow Dash said out to no one.

"What did you find Twilight, was it something big?" Fluttershy asked.

"I did and...'should I even tell them that it was the crystal ponies themselves that cause Sombra to turn to the tyrant that he was remembered by? How will they react?'...It's something the all crystal ponies caused."

At this Rarity gasped in shock. "Twilight, darling, are you saying they...killed her?"

Twilight took a long silence, as if saying yes. "In a indirect way, yes." This time all of them gasped.

"Wait, what did you mean by an indirect way?" Applejack said with a raised brow.

"Well you see-"

"-No time, he's coming back." Rainbow dash interrupted as she saw Draco coming back.

"So what did you talk about?" Noticing that they all close in together.

"We were-"

"-Talking about how you and Twilight kissed!" Pinkie shouted in panic trying to save them but may turn out to be not a good idea."

With this news Draco's eyes widen in surprised, as Twilight's face turned a deep shade of red. "Us kissing? But we only did it once." Now getting suspicious.

"I was, I was telling them how it was both our first time" Twilight still blushing as she answered him.

Draco smirked as he took his seat next to Twilight and grabbed her face to look at him. "You know we didn't kiss since that night." Not saying another he collided his lips with hers as she kissed back.

Rarity and Fluttershy 'Awwed,' Pinkie Pie smiled happily, Applejack lowered her stetson over her face while Rainbow Dash gagged.

Twilight then pulled away with a thin string of saliva hanging between still red in the face. "I think it's about time we head back to the castle, we have to see the princesses in Canterlot tomorrow.

"Well, we better get going, ya'll take care now you lovebirds." Applejack getting up and leaving as the others followed.

"Shall we?" Twilight asked.

"We shall." Draco walking next to her to her castle.

As they were walking back to the castle with Nightbane and Spike along with them.

"So how are you liking the town so far?" Twilight asked.

"It's alright, I mean it's nothing like Madrac but it's a nice peaceful town."

A shriek was heard in front of them as they both notice Nightbane was in front of two elder donkeys wagging his tail. "Nightbane, down boy! Go on now, get!" His master commanded him as the black wolf slumped away. Once he was out of the way, Draco approached the older couple. "Sorry about that he's never like this with strangers."

"Then put a leash on that thing!" Cranky shouted in rage.

"Cranky, it's fine we didn't get hurt that's the main thing." Matilda reassured him.

"Alright." He said smiling at his wife. "But who are you and what are you doing here? The only dragon I saw around here was Spike."

"Oh, I'm-"

"Draco." Twilight walked over to him then noticed the two donkeys. "Matilda, Cranky are you ok?"

"We're both fine Twilight. But how do you know this dragon?" Matilda asked the alicorn princess.

"This is Prince Draco, from Draspaina, he's my fiance." Twilight said with a small blush.

Both of the donkey's looked at each other then at the alicorn and dragon. "Fiance?" they said at the same time.

"Yeah, we're engaged." Draco screeched the back of his head nervously. "I know it must be odd for a dragon and a pony to wed."

"Nah, it's fine kid, I mean your highness." Cranky bowed then got up quickly. "I mean me and Matilda got married over three mouths ago."

This time Draco was shocked. "Three months?! But you two look like you are married for years."

"It's a long story but as long as I'm with her, I'm happy." Cranky rubbed his head next to Matilda's. "You two kids take care of yourselfs." The two donkeys made there way to their house and left the royal couple waving at them.

"I wish we can have a lift like there's." Twilight snuggling into his chestplate.

"Yeah I would like to-" But the dragon was cut off as a sharp pain in his back. "Damnit, I think I over did it with my flying."

Twilight looked at him and took his claw. "I know what will help, a nice message at the spa and maybe a bath."

"That sounds great, I didn't have one in years." Said Draco as they take each other's hands.

"Spike, you and Nightbane go to the castle, we'll meet with you two later." Twilight said as he saluted and rode on the black wolf's back, heading to the castle.

As they were leaving heading to the spa, they took a shortcut through the forest, both of them heard what sounded like a cello and a record player. "No that's not right." A grey earth pony with a Trottingham accent stopped. "It doesn't sound right." Telling a unicorn with white fur and sunglasses on with a DJ station and speakers. "It should be more like this." The gray one played her cello as the white one took matched her beat then increased. "That's more like it." Playing ever harder as the the DJ matched her speed.

"Who are those two?" Draco asked. "For two musicians that are opposite of each other, they blend in real well."

"That's Octavia and Vinyl, there the musicians in the town, they're pretty good right?"

There more than good, they're brilliant. It's different than flamenco." Draco listening to the beat and clapped as they finished. "Bravo, bravo, excellent work." Stepping forward to them.

"Thank you I never would have thought that you would like this kind of music your highness." Octavia bowed and Vinyl followed her lead. "Though I must ask, what type of music do dragons listen to?"

"Pretty much anything, from rock and roll to classic to pop to opera, but we mainly listen to flamenco" Draco answered as his too a pose but his back suddenly gave out.

"Excuse me girls but I need to get him into the spa, well see you later." Twilight waved as she took his claw heading to the spa.

It took them sometime but they finally got to the spa. Draco was lying on the on a messaging table getting a message from Aloe while Twilight was getting her mane done.

"This feels very relaxing." Draco sighed in relief.

"I told you you would like it." Said Twilight as the mane dryer was finished showing her new mane style (the one from season 5 episode 3: Castle Sweet Castle.) "So how do I look?"

"You look breathtaking, you should keep it." He said feeling the message very deep and looked at Aloe. "Can you do it more towards the wings?" Aloe nodded and goes for his wings. "Much better."

After the spa Twilight, with her new mane, and Draco headed back to the castle. "How do you like ponyville so far?"

"I like it here, besides the whole everyone getting scared of me, this place is very nice." Draco looking at the night sky. "Plus that message was the best in years. But this day was better with you by my side." Folding his wing around her.

"I'm glad I was with you too." She nuzzled into his side.

Once they arrived at the castle, Spike opened the doors with Nightbane alongside him. Draco looked around the castle in amazement as how the whole castle looked like crystal but had a tree like structure to it. It wasn't as big as his castle but it still looked nice on the inside and out. "I'm getting more impressed by the minute. So where is the guest bedroom?"

"It's right-"

Twilight interrupted the baby dragon with a hoof over his mouth. "Actually I was thinking that you could sleep in my bed." She said with a light blush on her face.

This got both of the dragons and the wolf wide eyed. "You sure you want to do that Twilight?" they both asked at the same time.'

"I'm very sure. I mean we're just going to be sleeping next to eachother. Were you three thinking of something else when I said that?" She said while lowering her eye. Spike, Draco and Nightbane shook their heads. "Good now, follow me." As she walked up the stairs with her drakefriend closing behind her as she opened the door to her bedroom. "Here we are. Just make yourself like home." Climbing into bed and getting under the sheets.

Draco removed his chestplate, knee and arm protectors and his crown as he puts them on the side next to the bed before climbing in it and getting under the cover wrapping his arms around her waist. "Today was great, thank you." He whisper in her ear. "But tomorrow will be better."

"I know it will, Canterlot is a big place so we'll have a good time there." She whispered back cuddling in his neck and sleep taking all four of them.

Comments ( 14 )

Next chapter it's off to Canterlot. Please have Draco meet Twilight's parents.

I love your story. It's Awesome!:raritystarry: Oh please, pretty please tell me what date you'll release the next chapter. Is it soon?:fluttershysad::fluttershysad:

bravo bravo good work pal cant wait for the next chapter so exited :pinkiehappy: :twilightsmile:

I know I may not be the first to say it but I really like your story and I hope you have an update soon.

7800847 I'm trying my best and it's just I'm having a hard time now. Cause you know, Canon episodes are making it less and less to continue.

This is very good. You still need to work on your spelling and grammar, but otherwise, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

When can we expect the next chapter?

When can you add an alternate universe tag? As well as give this story a new chapter?

7804650
Just add an "Alternate Universe" tag and add an Author's note in the first chapter, stating that everything in the story is not canon to the show. Easy fix.

I hate it when good stories die.

Guys im sorry, im having a hard time, i ddo want tk continue but its a big brain block plus life is getting in my way:fluttercry: im sorry again, i dont want to cancel this story.

So, I’ve been curious about something.

Would you be interested in giving this story a reworking?

Login or register to comment