• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 1,555 Views, 41 Comments

Bride of Draspaina - DragonKing



Twilight had a bad date with Flash, and now her Brother gets captured by the Dragon Kingdom. She exchanges to be the dragon prince's bride for his freedom. Will she love him or not?

  • ...
5
 41
 1,555

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The Day after that night with Twilight got to Draco. He was still thinking about what happen, his first kiss, and it was wonderful it felt.

"Draco!" Frostfang nudging him out of his daydreaming.

"Oh, sorry." Apologizing and facing his client. "What was the problem again?"

"My food supplies have been gone missing and I want the culprit caught!" The client complained.

"Did you see the thief by any chance. And what kinda food supplies was it?" Draco asked.

"Well your highness, to be honest a lot of my fruit has been taken and didn't even touched the meat. I didn't get a good look at who ever cause a lot of dragons are walking around." The client rubbing two of his claws together.

"We'll looking for the thief as much as possible." Draco said to the client who gave his respects and left the room. "That was the thrid one today, I mean it, a lot of drakes are getting fruit taking away from them." Draco slumping in his chair.

"Sir, do you think it's vampire fruit bats?" Frostfang asked.

"Can't be. Vampire fruit bats leave corps of fruit around. So it has to be something else or someone." Blaze countered the argument.

"Achoo" Sombra sneezed from behind one of the troops cabins about to eat on pear. "Somepony must be talking about me. Can't be, must be imagining things." Taking a bite out of the pear. "So that Draco is marrying that good for nothing student of Celestia's." He remembered what a few guards were talking about yesterday. "To think he would allied with such a pain. Then again his father did ally with me to bring down those Ice trolls." Finishing off the pear, zapping the core to ashes. "I may have to convince him to stop the wedding and crush them." Getting off to his feet and turning into shadows once more and heading inside the castle.

"Uh, why can't I find anything!" Twilight yelled as she read in the library at hundreds of books.

"Still can't find anything Twilight?" Spike said handing her another book.

"Yes, I can't find out anything on Sombra's past, it's like his past has been erased or didn't bother to keep record of him." Twilight huffed in frustration.

"Why don't you just ask Draco?" Spike questioned.

"I tried that a few days ago and he still won't tell me a thing." Twilight answered. "It's like he can't trust me."

"I thought you said you were in love?" Spike making a puppy dog face and mock kissing the air.

"Can it Spike, I'm not in the mood." Twilight zipping his lip.

Spike tried to unzip his mouth, it took sometime but he was able to get his mouth unzipped. "If he doesn't want to tell you then how about asking some drake else. Maybe some of his friends."

"Good idea Spike, they must know something." She got up for her seat and began to walk out. "Come on Spike."

"Actually, I have to do that greed training today." he said, not making it an excuse.

"Alright, just don't push yourself too hard." Twilight heading out the door and ran thought the halls. 'Who should I asked first out of all of Draco's friends that is? I doubt that any one of them knows about the past that is except for Frostfang who was very close to the past ruler. So I'll ask him first.' she quicken herself.

"Dammit, what am I gonna do?" Draco pacing in his studies as Nightbane and Frostfang watched him. "It's been a week since she's been living with us and Draspaina still looks at her as an outsider."

"Give it more time your highness, the people will look up to her as they looked you to your father and mother."

"I know Frost, but I want to do something for her."

"What else could you get her? She has a lot what a princess needs, a castle, wealth, power, and friends."

"She been asking me one thing, but I can't give it to her." Draco said sitting in a chair.

Frostfang looked at him in an odd questioning way. "And what would that be? If you don't mind me asking?"

Draco looked at him and took in a deep breath. "She's been asking me about Sombra's past."

Frostfangs eye's widen at what he just heard. "Why is she asking about his past?"

"She's mainly wants to know about...her." Draco choking on his words.

"Her?" Frostfang asked. "Wait you don't mean his wife, do you?"

"I do mean her my friend, if Twilight knew the truth about why she died, I'm afraid that the Crystal Empire will be no more." Draco said. Then a knock on the door took him out of focus. "Come in."

Twilight entered the room and saw that Frostfang was with him. 'Well at least I know where the head guard was. now I just need to ask him.'

"Twilight, good to see your up and running." Draco getting out of his chair and embracing her. "We were just talking about you."

"Really? In what way?" She asked.

"In the wanting to do something for you kind of way." Frostfang stepped in. "Everydrake doesn't know you so his highness thought that we could do something for you, but we both don't know what."

"How about a ball?" she suggested.

Both dragon's looked at each other then back at her. "A ball?"

"Yes a ball. In Canterlot there's one called Grand Galopping Galla, even and a lot of ponies are invited."

Draco searched his chin. "You know what, that's actually a good idea. I need to use the hall besides meeting and it would be good for everydrake to know their future queen." Wrapping his claws around Twilight's waist.

"Draco's stop it." Twilight blushed trying to get him off her but couldn't

"Why should I?"

Twilight used her magic to push him off and he was levitated back to his chair. "Cause I said so." She said huffing. "We'll get to do that later but for now I need to speak to Frostfang."

"What do you need me for?"

"It's a question I need in privet" She said making it out the door.

'I think I know what it's about.' He followed her to the hallway and in to a privet room being sure they were alone or so they thought. Little did they know that Sombra was in the shadows spying on them.

'What does that little princess want with the head of the military?' Sombra greeting closer to hear what they have to say.

"Frostfang I was hoping you could help me out with something."

Frostfang raised a brow, looking like he knows what she was going to say. "And what could that be?"

"I want to know about King Sombra's wife." She said. It didn't surprise Frostfang, but it did Sombra who was hiding.

"I am sorry Twilight, but I can not tell you." He said turning his back towards her. "I swore on Draco and his fathers words that I would never speak of it. Everydrake else will tell you the same thing."

At this Twilight grew mad. "Can I at least have her name!" But was already gone. "Uh is everydragon here so stubborn about this one pony!" She stomped thought the halls and went else were.

"So she's also here to learn about my past." Sombra said to himself slowly looking at her where she was going. "Perhaps it would be best to tell her a bit."

Later that night Sombra used his shadowy form to sneak into Twilight's room. He used the opening under the door to get in and notice that a certain princess was in bed fast asleep. "Soon you one you will have a start on the truth." Going inside her mind as she fell tossed and turned.

Inside Twilights own dream she was in complete shadows. "Hello?" She said out loud, but no response. She light her horn but couldn't see a thing what so ever. Then the shadows formed something what looked to be a face. The face then took on the form of a unicorn stallion that had dark gray fur, red eye and horn , with sharp canine teeth. Twilight backed away from the stallion that was approaching her. "Sombra" she muttered.

"In the flesh or should I say in your dreams." He laughed.

"What this is my dreams but you're not real how is this possible?"

"The Princess of the night was the only ponies who can look into others dreams, but I'm getting off topic. Anyway I heard you are looking into my background."

With that Twilight stood there completely shock. "H-how did you know?"

"I heard you talking with General Frostfang earlier today. Since he won't give you a hint, I will."

Twilight's eyes lite up that lasted for a second as she remembered who she was dealing with. "Wait how do I know your know lying to me?"

Sombra deeply glared at her. "Because I am the only one that can tell you the truth while no one else will."

She hated to admit it but he was right. She took a sigh of defeat. "Your right, even thought I hate to admit it but you are the only one. Now if I'm going to look up information What should I look up?"

"If you want information then you will have to use dark magic on my personal library that is under the rulers of the Empire section. There you will find the lost pages about my history."

"My next question is about your wife was she like you?"

"Never, she was very kind!" Sombra snapped at her, which made Twilight step a few paces back. "Forgive me it's just that I had a hard life with out her."

Twilight could tell by the sadness in his eye. "I'm sorry I'll just ask two more if that's fine." Sombra didn't answer but nodded. "Did her death have anything to do with you enslaving the crystal ponies?" Again he nodded but didn't say anything. "Here's my last question. What was her name?"

Sombra swallowed real hard and inhaled deeply before speaking. "Her name was Queen Amethyst, the last crystal alicorn.

Author's Note:

Cliffhanger! Sorry guys I had brain block and am now working. So it might be a while before I write more so Til next time.