• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 1,555 Views, 41 Comments

Bride of Draspaina - DragonKing



Twilight had a bad date with Flash, and now her Brother gets captured by the Dragon Kingdom. She exchanges to be the dragon prince's bride for his freedom. Will she love him or not?

  • ...
5
 41
 1,555

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Man this sucks, I can't believe I have to do this training." Spike walked towards the training ground. "I know what it's for, but everyday?" As he was grumbling to himself he saw a lot of the other dragons training with themselves they were big, strong and serious looking. They were nothing like those other dragons who teased him and called him a 'baby' and a 'pony.' 'These guys are different then those jerks teenage dragons I was with.' He thought to himself as he approached his trainer, and captain of first squad, Lava.

Lava saw him approaching, and signaled one of his men to train with someone else for the time being. His main attention was now on Spike as he stood above the purple dragon smirking. "Just in time."

"Yeah, yeah, can we get this over with I have some important things to do." Said Spike.

"Draspaina wasn't build in a day you know." Lava lowered his eyes. "Now sit." Spike sat down on the ground and was now given a bag full of bit. "As you know we dragons grow bigger, older and get more greedy then our normal lifespan. But we lose self control because of it." Throwing more bits on the ground near Spike. "It also divided our kind and made us go against each other." Throwing more bit towards Spike.

"Then how did dragons get along?" Spike asked trying to pull himself back from taking any of the bits.

"It all started with a Dragon by the name of Sun Scales The Gifted. He believed that if he could control his own greed then it would stood he do better in his battles. And so he began to to win battles and soon others followed him and learned from him and soon he had a group of dragons living together."

Spike looked so amazed at the history while keeping control. "That's awesome. He sounds like this Starswirl The Bearded that Twilight likes to talk about."

"Sun Scales even took on the many lands and read his enemies movements and won them all. He even wrote a book called the Skill of War." Lava throwing more bits in front of him.

Spike was resisting to grab the coins in front of him. 'I need to control myself... must...not... take.' He slowly reached for them as his clawed hands got nearer and nearer. As soon as his claw touched a bit, it was hit with a wooden stick. He yelled in pain and message his hand to ease it.

"Try again." Lava said in a commanding voice as he took back the bits. They did it over and over as Spike tries to control his greed, he keeps on failing but got better everytime. They stopped when they it was getting to noon. "Alright, that's enough for today. We'll continue this tomorrow."

Spike let out a sigh of relief as he got up with bruises from his hand. He slowly walked back to the castle until he saw a familiar dragon with his back towards him. It turned out to be Claw the butcher. He had a wagon behind him that was covered with something that smells. "Hi." Spike said as he approached the brown dragon from behind.

Claw turned around at Spike a he gives off a huge grin. "Ah comrade glade to see you." Picking him up and giving him a bear hug as he squeezes Spike.

"Can't...breath... too...strong." Spike trying to get out of Claw's deadly hug.

Once Claw releases him from his embrace, Spike drops down to the ground taking deep breaths to get enough oxygen in his lungs. "So what brings you all the way out here for little one and why are you not with your princess?"

"I was actually going to ask you the same thing. I went to the training grounds to practice my greed control. And Twilight is getting fitted for a dress for the ball." Spike answered.

"I see so you, I know how it must feel to try and control something at your age." Claw patted his head. "It was hard for everydrake at first to control their greed, even for me."

"Really? So how long it took for you too control it?"

"It took at least a year. Some it took more others less but it takes time for all of us."

Spike thought about what he said and took it all in. "Thanks, but you never answered why you are at the palace."

Claw gave off a hardy laugh. "I'm actually here to deliver my food to the his highness for the ball." He said pointing to the wagon, of coarse I can't carve all the meat in my show for this order so I'm actually going to the kitchen so that I can have more room and help."

"Can I help? I'm not doing anything right now."

"Have you ever skinned a animal before?" Claw asked him.

"Well...no." Spike said in a disappointed tone. "But it doesn't mean I can't help."

"Alright, we go to kitchen now." Claw take Spike to the kitchen to prepare for the the meals. As they arrive they were both greeted by the kitchen staff.

"Good to see you again, my friends now I want the ball to be great for his highness. So we need to work hard for him and the guess we will be having!" He said in support as everydrake cheered. "Now let get to work for the preparation."

Soon Claw grabbed a dead cow and a rabbit from the wagon he brought and took out two knives and hands one of them to Spike. "Carving a dead animal is no simple task but it is not hard either. First you have to get close to the skin and slice off the top layer." Taking the knife and showing him as he carved the dead cow.

Spike started doing the same thing with the rabbit he was carving up the fur and top layer of skin. As he started to peel off the top layer he started to see the muscles and veins of the body. His thoughts then turned to Fluttershy, if she saw or heard what he's been eating, she would have a heart attack. Heck everypony back in Ponyville would. 'What if they don't like me anymore? What if they hate me?!' Spike then ran out of the kitchen, dropping the knife to the floor, as thoughts ran in his head. Ponys calling him a monster, Carnivore, Cannibal, running blindly as he bumped into something or somedrake in fact.

"Hey, Watch where your going!?" Ironworks turned around seeing the young purple dragon. "Hey your that kid that Draco was with, what are you doing here?"

Spike was still in a panic. "I...meat... Ponyville... friends... reject..."

"Calm down." Ironworks shaking him out of his shock. "Now tell me what happened from the beginning."

Spike calmed down and started all over. "I was helping Claw with the carving meat but I started to have thoughts of my friends back in Ponyville rejecting me cause of what I was doing."

"Well that explains it, Claw should know better." Iron sighed.

"Well it's manly my fault. I told him that I would help him." Spike said.

"Then that make you a bigger idiot." Iron glared at him which made Spike back up a few paces. "Well since your here, you might as well give me a hand on something back at my forge."

"B-but what about my meat problem?" Spike asked as his mind is still on the task.

"It will keep your mind off it, besides that's how life is sometimes" Ironworks answered back to him.

"I-I guess, I just don't want to chase off my friends if it means being a full Dragon" Spike scratch the back of his head

"We all make decisions we sometimes regret but it turns out it was nothing to worry about" Iron walks away and head to the forge.

'I just hope that hurting my friends isn't one of them' Spike thought to himself as he followed the one eyed dragon to his forge. Once they arrived at the Forge, Ironworks walked in and took a big chunk of metal, placing it on the anvil

"Think you can heat this up?" Iron asked.

"Are you kidding I once lite up the torch to the Equestrian games." Spike lied. ' Or at least I did til I found out Twilight was the one who helped me.' "Alright stand back!" Feeling confident as he blow a green flame that covered the entire metal. "Hows that?"

"Not back kid," Ironworks looking at the metal. "But it could be hotter." with that he breathed a blue fire as the metal got red hot. He then took two work hammers and hands one of them to Spike. "Start hammering."

Spike did what he said and started to hammer the metal as it was taking an oval shape. "Hey Iron, you said that you told me that everyone one makes decisions we regret. What was yours?"

Ironwork took a minute off the hammering and pointed at his eyepatch. "I got it when I was in the army, I once was on a mission with six others and only I came back with a missing eye."

"What happened?" Spike acting curious.

"I don't want to talk about it." Iron growling as if sending off a warning.

"Ok, sorry but can I asked one more thing. It seems like life is hard here. Back in Equestria everypony is really light hearted and happy but here every Dragon is serious and cold"

"It's wasn't always like this. It's just that after the war, we just been on the edge lately. Draco's father united the land under his rule and we're keeping it together."

"You mean after the war with the ice giants?" Spike asked as IronWorks nodded. "What are they like?"

"They are foul creatures they kill anything that is in their way. Anything they touch turns to ice and once they touch something, the shatter it like glass." Iron said as he then notice Spike was shaking all over. But that's change, now we have Draco who is now marrying your princess and we're not along anymore."

"I'm actually glade me and Twilight came now, if we can unite, then I'll be here to support it." With renewed spirit Spike hit the hot metal even harder then before. After several strikes they finally were able to make a shield out of it.

"Did good kid." Ironwork wiping his forehead that was full of sweat just like Spike. "Think you should get back to the castle, it's starting to get dark now."

Spike noticed that it was getting dark outside. "Your right, I should get going, take care." He said waving good bye and heading back to the castle. As he got back he quickly went back to Twilight room and heard what sounded like crying. "Twilight?" He said knocking on the door. "Twilight are you ok?"

Soon the door opened and inside he saw that her eyes were puffy and red from crying. "Spike, come in?" Letting him into the room and closing it. As she was drying her eyes.

"What happened? Do the other dragons not like you? Did Draco hurt you?" Spike asked looking angry but worried.

Twilight shook her head. "No, I found out why Draco and the Dragons won't talk about why they don't talk about Sombra's wife."

"Really,Why?"

Twilight looked away for a bit. "The Crystal ponies... they let their own queen die."

With that said, Spike went wide eyed and jaw gasp as he was too shocked at the news. "Wait, they murdered their own queen!"

"It would count as murder, She fell really ill on the streets after the war. No pony would help her, not even the doctors. So she soon died and Sombra enslaved them all as a divine punishment." Twilight explained.

"Why, why would they let their own queen die? Just by hearing this, it sounded like she was a good pony." Spike now getting upset over this.

"She was an Alicorn." Twilight continue to explain. "Now that I think of it, all of the Crystal ponies that were there were all earth ponies."

"So they let her die because of pony racism?" Spike asked. "Then we should tell Princess Celestia what happened." He ran to get some paper and a quil but was stopped by Twilight's magic.

"That's not a good idea, if we send a letter to the Princesses then they will do something to the Empire, then other ponies will now look up to them as Tyrants. Plus world will spread that hear and Draco will know that we sent it."

"Then what do we do, we can't keep it a secret forever." Spike countered.

"We will tell them Spike, but we have to do it during the ball." Twilight informed him

"The Ball, but why the ball?"

"Everypony will be there and we'll be able to tell them when we have somewhere private to speak."

"Alright, If your sure Twilight." Spike going to his basket and retreating for the night. "Well I'm bet let's just hit the hay for now. Night."

"Night Spike." She said as she also retired for the night.

They both fell asleep fast but a shadow in the room with red eyes was in the shadows. "And so you will Twilight Sparkle, and so will everypony."