• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 1,555 Views, 41 Comments

Bride of Draspaina - DragonKing



Twilight had a bad date with Flash, and now her Brother gets captured by the Dragon Kingdom. She exchanges to be the dragon prince's bride for his freedom. Will she love him or not?

  • ...
5
 41
 1,555

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Dear Twilight Sparkle, I am so glade that you are safe. I have received your letter and read it. I was never informed that King Sombra was married and that he fought against the ice giants, or the fact that he and the previous dragon king were close. But I do know about a lot about the ice giants. Anything they touch, turns to sub-zero and breaks like glass. Dragons come from heat, which they hate, can will easily melt them. I want you to look more into this and find out as much as possible. I will notify Shining Armor and Princess Cadance about your friends coming. While I try to find more answers. Sincerely, your mentor, Princess Celestia."

Twilight finished reading the letter, while tucking it behind her dresser and laying on the bed. 'Hopefully, they find more answers than I can.' She thought to herself.

"So you think the girls will find out anything?" Spike asked getting in his basket.

"I don't know Spike, all we can do is hope they find something important." Twilight said getting sleepy. "But we have to do part. Now let's get some rest, we have to see Draco's friends tomorrow." Turning off the lights. "Good night Spike."

"Good Night Twilight." Spike replied back.

Later in the morning

"Wake up Twilight." Snowscales said as the door magically flew open.

"Morning Snowscales." Twilight yawned as she got out of her bed to starch. "Is Draco up or still sleeping?"

"No, he and Nightbane are downstairs." She commented with making the bed.

"He must be waiting for me so we can go out." Twilight rolled her eyes.

"The both of you are going out?" Snowscales asked. "May I ask where?"

"I don't know, he said he was going to introduce me to his friends." Twilight answered about to go out the door.

"Oh." Snowscales said a gasp, then smiled at her. "I'm sure you'll like them a lot, one of them is my father."

"Wait, one of them is your father?" Twilight asked with widen eyes as Snowscales nodded. 'Wait of minute.' She thought as Twilight looked at the female dragon more closely. "Your father wouldn't happen to be Frostfang would it?"

Again, Snowscales nodded. "You have a good eye Twilight."

"Well, I figured as much. Never thought he had a daughter though. Twilight wondered.

"I was born when papa was almost a teenager." She informed Twilight. "After I was born, him and my mother got married at a very young age, young in dragon years, and moved near the castle."

"That's incredible." Spike said. "So Draco let your family live right next door?"

"Actually it was King Shadow Nova who allowed it." Snowscales corrected him.

"Draco's father? Then your dad must have been very young to remember him." Twilight looking more curious.

"He was a square to the king when the war was going on. After the war, I was born." She said. "But enough about me, you have to go."

"Right. I guess I'll tell you all about it. when I get back." Twilight began to run out the door with Spike, following behind and waving good-bye.

In the hallway of Madrac castle.

"I hope the guys get along with her." Draco pacing while Nightbane layed down on the floor, watching his master walk around. "What do you think boy?"

The Black wolf just rolled its eyes at him until he heard footsteps. Nightbane got up and gave an attentional bark.

Draco stopped pacing and looked at him, also seeing Twilight and Spike were running towards them. He slowly approached them, as they stopped right in front of him. "Hope you two are ready to meet the guys."

Twilight a nod. "I'm more than happy to meet them."

"Glade to hear it." Draco walking to the castle exit. "We'll meet Magma first, since he's the closest." With Twilight, Spike and Nightbane following right behind him.

The Four of them soon leave the castle and to the training grounds, where Twilight and Spike saw a lot of armored dragons sparing with one another. "I never seen any thing like this." Spike said seeing two dragon's sparred with each other til one of them knocked the other hard to the ground.

"It's mandatory for the soldiers to be in top shape. Every once in a while they have to train and spare with one another, just in case of an attack." Draco said in a serious tone.

"An attack from who?" Twilight asked.

"From ice giants." Draco answered. "The wall maybe preventing them from coming here, but they may come again."

"I read about it in one of the books here, it says your father made it after the war." Twilight remembered reading.

"Indeed my father did fight them, along with others to defend this land." Draco said. "There was also help from the Crystal Empire their equipment. And my father's blade wrapped around my side made from diamond steel."

"And a pretty nice one at that." A red dragon, Magma, said approaching them. He then eyed Twilight and Spike. "So your Draco's soon to be wife, it's a pleasure meeting you your highness."

"And you must be on of Draco's friends." Twilight asked.

"Yep, names Lava, captain of the second squad" He said with a cocky attitude.

"You're a captain? That's awesome." Spike said with excitement.

"Who's the kid?" Lava asked Draco.

"A friend of Twilight's back in Equestria." Draco answered him. "He may need some training with his greed control."

"Really? No biggie I'll teach this little guy the ropes just like old man Frost." He said looking down at Spike. "What's your name kid."

"S-Spike." He said nervously.

"Well Spike, from her on in. You will wake up at 7am and I'll be training you on greed control." Lava smirked.

"Yes sir." Spike saluted.

"Lava, we're going to visit Claw and Ironworks very soon." Draco announced.

"I understand, I don't want to keep you waiting." Lava said. Draco, Twilight, Spike and Nightbane were about to leave before Lava said something else. "Draco, I sent some of my men to Crystal Mountain to see what's up there."

"Thanks for the information. Report to me if anything looks suspicious." Draco ordered before leaving. The four of them soon left the castle area and into town. Everywhere there were building, shops, houses and so much more. As Dragons from walk and fly across the streets.

"Wow, this place is almost like Canterlot." Twilight looking around.

"Yeah I never knew some dragons don't have winds." Spike looking around.

"That's because you're an earth dragon. There are different types of dragons in the world. I guess it's like each pony type." Draco explained.

"You mean there are dragons that are like earth ponies, unicorns, Pegasus, and alicorns?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, there are the Earth Dragons who have strong muscles and can crush thought hard rocks but lack in flight just like Spike and Claw, the next one of my friends we will be seeing. Wyvrns only have wings and legs of the species, they have a hard time grabbing things but they do have powerful wings. Element dragons are the common of the population they have can beathe fire water , lightening, smoke, ice and other according to the element they posses. And then there is me." Blaze sighted

"What kind of Dragon are you?" Spike asked.

"I'm a Bahamut Dragon. A dragon that is ageless, strong, fast, intelligent and courageous. However, I'm not at my fullest." Draco sighed.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

Draco spread out his wings pointed at them. "My wings are supposed to be bigger then this and the inside of them are like an aurora."

"That's sounds almost like Princess Celestia's and Luna's hair moving with out a breeze." Twilight sounding amazed at what they may look like. She even imagined what she would look like with a flowing mane.

"We're here." Draco stopped at a butchers place. "You might want to hold your stomach since the smell maybe foreign to you."

She kept a mental note of that as they all proceeded inside. Draco wasn't kidding about the smell, the place smelled of meat and blood. 'Uh, how do take this smell in.' Twilight thought to herself. Then she heard a bell being rung as they approached the front counter.

"I'm coming, just wait." A thick voice said in the back of the butchery. Soon they were face to face with a large, husky, brown earth dragon with two horns on his head, stone like beard and club like tail. He wore a white apron, smeared in blood. He smiled at who was his customer. "Ah, Draco my friend, it's so good to see you." He said giving the dragon prince a bear hug.

"Good to see you to Claw." Draco trying to breath from his friends grip.

Claw soon let go of him as he layed his eyes on Twilight and Spike. "And who are these two?"

"My name is Twilight Sparkle and this is Spike." She introduced herself.

"Ah so you are wife to be." Claw clapping his hands together. "Come, we will feast on the best meat in town." About to go to the back until Draco halts him.

"Claw, she's a pony and they don't eat meat like us."

"Really?" He looked at Twilight.

"Yes, me and other ponies don't eat meat."

"You don't say." Claw scratching his chin. "Well Twilight Sparkle, I'm not just a butcher but I am also a great cook as well. So if you want anything from me, I'll make it for you."

"Claw here is one of the best cooks in town. I offered him for him to get his own restaurant but he prefered the butchery over anything." Draco said.

"Indeed, I'm one of the best cooks in all of Draspaina." Claw smiled. Nightbane approached him and his master. "Nightbane my comrade, I got you something." Walks to the back and Has this big carved ribs. "Found a caribou and craved it up for you." He handed it to the direwolf as it happily ate.

After a few minutes,Nightbane finished his ribs. "we'll be seeing Ironworks now." Draco said.

"Very well my good friend. If there is anything you need anything then come to me." Claw said, whipping his tail. "That goes the same for you Twilight Sparkle and Spike."

"Thanks and it was nice meeting you." Twilight waved as they were exiting.

"Nice meeting you too" He waved back at her.

"He seemed nice, even thought he chops us other animals for food." Twilight said walking along side Draco.

"Glade you did, though the last one is a bit more on the serious note." Draco said. "Ironworks can be somewhat of a push over, but he cares."

Twilight pushed her ears back. 'I hope we get along.'

Draco noticed that she was nervous and puts one of his wings around her to make her feel comfortable. "Hey, there is no need to get nervous, I'll be right here along side you."

"Thank you Draco" She said hiding her face to him, but still feeling a little shaky still. Not that she was nervous about meeting his friend but that she was very close to him.

They stopped walking as they reached a blacksmith workshop. Loud hammering was heard from the inside of the smithy as they walked deeper. They saw a bluish gray dragon, with matching wings, and cream spikes hammering what seems to be a helmet. Draco slowly approached him while the other dragon had his back to him. "It's been sometime hasn't it old friend."

"You still call me that for what happened?" Ironworks turning around to face him. Twilight gasped from behind Draco. He looked serious, but what caught Twilight's attention was that he wore an eyepatch on his left eye. "Who is this?"

"This is Princess Twilight Sparkle, from Equestria and my soon to be wife." Draco introduced her. Ironworks stepped closer to her, wanting to see her better.

"So your from the southland." he said squinting his eye.

"If that's what you call Equestria, then yes." Twilight said getting nervous with his glare on her.

"Iron your scaring her." Draco pushing him away a few inches.

"Forgive me, I was only curious." Ironwork apologizing.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." Twilight smiled. "So what are you making? A shield?"

"I am making armor, for the royal guard. Armor that can surpass any on this planet." Iron said showing it to her. It was Black with rubies on the breastplate and the Royal symbol on it.

"That's very interesting." She looked at it. 'It's almost like what rarity would make, if she was a blacksmith.'

"It's a piece of my art." Ironwork said with a serious tone still. "I also made his highness his armor that he's wearing now. But I want to make something that is equal to the Blue Crimson that is wrapped around his waist. But it is nearly impossible to create."

"Why's that?" Twilight asked.

"Cause my sword, Blue Crimson, is made of diamond steel. It's very hard and rare to find." Draco pulling it out. "Even if found, it's even harder to make it into a weapon or armor for that matter." Speaking more to Ironworks then to Twilight herself.

Ironworks snorted smoke out of his nostrils and proceeded back to work. "I'll come and visit you later."

"Very well then, I'll see you soon." Draco heading back where he first entered with Twilight and the rest following right behind him.

"He seemed...focused." Twilight said walking back on the streets.

"Yeah, he really takes his work seriously and I was on the sidelines." Spike pacing up.

"That's how he is sometimes, so focus on work that we hardly see each other." Draco heading back to the castle.

"Wait." Twilight halting him. "Can you show me around town more? Just the two of us?"

Draco, Spike and Nightbane all looked shock at what she just said. "You sure?"

"I am, if I am going to marry you I must know my new civilians." She said.

Draco looked at Spike and Nightbane who gave a questioning look and shrugged. "I guess it won't hurt anydragon." Looking back at her, as she thanked him and smiled. "Nightbane, I want you and Spike to head back to the castle and tell Frostfang and the others that I will be coming back late."

The wolf barked and Spike nodded and climbed on his back, heading to the castle. "Ready for the rest of the tour, princess?" Draco said holding his claw out to her.

"Lead the way, your highness." Twilight said playfully holding her hoof out.

"Then let us proceed." Grabbing her hoof and walking together.

Meanwhile

Up on the Crystal Mountains, four-foot solders searched the Crystal Mountains to see if to report. "I don't see anything." said one of them. "Me neither." another said.

"Keep looking, Lava wants a clear search."A lieutenant said. The troops saluted and did a clear search for an two hours.

"Nothing to report lieutenant!" The three of them said in unison.

"Alright we will re- what's wrong." He said as their faces looked pale. They pointed behind him and when he turned around, A shadowy fog attacked him. The other dragons attacked, using their claws or breathing fire or lighting at it. But the didn't work as the attacked them and was consumed by it. After five minutes, all for dragons were unconscious on the ground and standing above them stood King Sombra. He used his magic to wipe their memories clean of them being attacked. He looked out the mountain and saw a kingdom that looked familiar to him and smirked. "Drapaina."

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I'm here with another chapter. And for those of you who are wondering where I got the wall idea from, It's from Game of Thrones/ A song of Ice and Fire. that belongs to George R.R. Martin and not me but got the Idea from him. Anyway, let's get to the Chapter.

He's back. Ok I'll end it here and now, tell me what you guys want to see in later chapters and if it's good, I might squeeze it in there. Please R&R. Til Next time.