• Published 1st Jul 2014
  • 1,555 Views, 41 Comments

Bride of Draspaina - DragonKing



Twilight had a bad date with Flash, and now her Brother gets captured by the Dragon Kingdom. She exchanges to be the dragon prince's bride for his freedom. Will she love him or not?

  • ...
5
 41
 1,555

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Princess, it's time to wake up." A young female voice from behind the door. But Twilight only grunted and hide under the covers. But the knocking grew louder. "Princess you need to get up."

"Spike, answer the door!" Twilight yelled still buried in the covers.

"I'm on it." Spike grunted still half a sleep and walked up to the door and opened it. "Princess Twilight is-" But cut himself off as he saw a female dragon in her teens with pure white scales, long dark blue hair coming down her head with matching eyes and spikes. Her the inside of her wings and her chest were a sky blue. "-beautiful." He finished saying with hearts in his eyes.

"Excuse me?" She asked confused.

Spike shook off his thoughts and focused. "I mean, she's up, but groggy. What can I do for you miss?"

"I'm here for her, I'm her handmaiden." The female dragon said. "Can you help me get her up please?"

"What ever you say." Spike smiled dumbly as he walked over to Twilight's bed and pulled off the sheets.

"Spike!" She yelled. "What the hay!"

"Sorry my lady, I asked him to get you up." The female dragon bowed to her.

Twilight got up from her and rubbed the sleep in her eyes before addressing the dragon in her room. "Who are you any way?"

"Forgive me for not introducing myself. My name is Snowscales, I was assigned to be your handmaiden." She bowed.

"Handmaiden?" Twilight asked confused. "Why would I need a handmaiden when I can do stuff myself."

"You never had a handmaiden before, m'lady?" Snowscales asked, while Twilight shook her head. She took a deep sigh and continued. "I'm here to fix your bed, brush your mane, bring you want you need or want, anything."

"Well I appreciate it but-" Before Twilight could continue Snowscales grabbed in front of the a full size mirror and began brushing her mane.

"Nonsense, I want you to look great for his highness after he is done with his daily activities." Snowscales said in between brushing.

"Daily activities? What do you mean?" Twilight asked while fixing her bed with magic.

"He's taking care of his kingdom, so he has meeting with his people, see how the military is holding up, sighing forms from different delegates from the kingdom and to hear about disputes from citizens." Snowscales answered.

"Sounds like fun."

"How this is not fun." Draco said to himself quietly as he put one claw on his face while sitting on his throne, hearing about the citizen not happy with his taxes.

"How am I suppose to pay your damn taxes while their sky-high as anything!" The civilian yelled at the top of his lungs.

"I made the taxes fair to everyone, I don't know what you have done to your bits, but the problem is not with the taxes." Draco announced.

"Screw you!" He yelled, which made all the guards point their spears at him. Until Draco raised his hand to at ease.

"So, what happened to your bits, that made you come here at my presents." Draco said more slowly, yet sharply. Until he heard a hiccup from the civilian, then he lowered is eyes. "Have you been drinking?"

"...No." The citizen slowly answered before hiccuping again.

"Alright, I'll see what I can do, meanwhile, you have to be in taken to the mental ware while another spouse holds onto your money." He announced then leans over to Frostfang who is beside him. "If he has a wife and kids. Tell them I send my regards and will let her in charge of the money."

"Yes sir." Frostfang said with a nod. As the civilian was taken by the guards. "Next!"

The next one was a middle age dragon, dark gray with yellow eyes. "State your name and business."

"Coal, your honor, I am a gem gather." He bowed to him. "I wanted to tell you about what I saw near the Crystal Mountains."

" The Crystal Mountains?" Draco asked shocked. 'That unicorn, Twilight's brother, said something like too, but he felt something wrong.' "And what did you see exactly?"

"Well, your highness, I went up to the mountain to search for gems like I always do." Coal explained. "Then out of nowhere, there was this big black smoke coming from the ground."

"Black smoke? That could be an issue." Draco lifting himself up on his throne. "I want to thank you for informing me, I'll be sure to send the some troops to investigate the matter. You will be paid if something is odd."

"Thank you your highness." Coal bowed and leaves the room.

"That was the last one your grace. Now would be time for breakfast." Frostfang said to his highness."

"Thank Bahamut." Draco announced getting up from his throne. "All that is left is documents and the training after this." Walking out of the throne room and heading towards the dinning room. As he walked in to the dinning room, he saw Twilight and Spike already seated and enjoying some toast, jam, orange juice and cereal. "Sorry to keep you waiting, sometimes running a kingdom can be tough work, but you must know about them." Taking a seat right next to her.

"It's no problem, I can understand what it's like, thought I never experienced ruling a whole kingdom." Twilight said in between chewing her food. "Do you need any help, cause you did say I am to marry you someday, so why not help out."

"Can you handle ruling my kingdom?" Draco looking at her with a raised brow.

"Of course. I had some adventures before and I did read about government, so it should be too hard."

Draco squinted at her when she said those few last words. 'She has no idea how hard it really is.' He took some toast and puts some jam on it as he took a bite. "But you are right, you are going to be my queen and should know how to rule. So I will let you do something on my schedule."

"If you need any sighing, I can take that off your hands." She said finishing her food.

"That was what I was going to do next after eating, I'll show you once I'm done." He said sitting down.

Once breakfast was done, ten minutes later, Draco walked Twilight and Spike to his personal working chambers where there were piles of papers, letters and documents all over the table with some ink bottles, quills and hot wax with stamps on the sides. "Here's were I do my signings, all you need to do is read, sign, organize. Any questions?"

"Nope, I'll get right to them." Twilight walked to behind the desk and got to work.

"Alright, I'll be at the training grounds of you need me." Draco closed the door and heading towards the training grounds. As he got to the training ground, attached on to his side, was a bastard sword with silver dragon wing guards, fine leather handle, a silver dragon pommel and a fire blue blade when he unsheathed it. Many of the soldiers were training with each other when he got there, until the stood at attention or saluted as he passes by them. "Your early your highness." A voice said from in front of him. Walking towards him was a tall dragon with as double his size, with reddish scales and yellow spikes, as well as a gray long mustache and golden armor on him. "Shouldn't you be in your work chambers sighing stuff?"

"Soon-to-be bride is taking care of it Magma." Draco double is size to match the red dragon.

"Don't you think that's a little harsh on the pony?" Magma striked while Draco envied and slashed back at him.

"She volunteered to do it, so I see no harm in it." Thrusting his blade at him while, Magma dodged his attack, using his tail and claw to counter, getting Draco hard on the chest, making him fumble a few steps back.

"Can't believe you're going to marry a pony." Breathing some fire,but fell on his back by Draco's tail, shooting the sky and was at sword point.

"Did it for a reason." Draco smirked and lifted his friend off the ground then turns to the rest of the soldiers. "Anyone else wish to spar with me?" They all looked at each other and they nodded. "Well, in that case anything to report?"

"Sir, I did hear something going on in the Crystal Mountains lately." a solider said walking in front of him.

"I did hear of something like it today actually, Some of you will go to the mountains and report this immediately." Draco ordered. "Anything else?"

"Nothing else sir."

"Good, I'll be checking on the princess now. I don't want her to be stressed out." Draco sheathing his blade and returning to normal size and starting walking back to the castle. Soon he reached his work chambers. 'Bet she's exhausted from all that writing.' He checked before opening the door. His lower jaw hang low as he saw that Twilight was finishing the last few papers that were hovering in front of her while the rest were in near piles of the finished box. He was gone for a whole hour and she finished the paperwork like nothing.

"Oh hi Draco, I just have to do these and I'll be done." Twilight said signing them and stamping the royal seal on them. "There that's it."

"How did you finish all that in an hour?" Draco still shocked.

"I speed read and checked thought everything, even double checked." She answers.

"With in an hour?!" Draco still can't believe it.

"I don't know how she does it either." Spike's eyes half closed.

"Since paper work is done and out-of-the-way for a week. Let's discuss it during our bath." Draco look now that it's none.

"Wait, our bath?" Twilight looked nervous.

"Yes. We are going to bathe together." He said hiding the smirk he pulled. "It's not like we have cloth on all the time. And don't worry, the bathes are not lava." He walked her to the bathroom where there lies a large tub that was a lot like the one at the spa in Ponyville. Draco ran began to run the hot water, as he began to remove his armor. He's took off his cuffs first, then his belt, and lastly his chest plate that took his tone body that make Twilight look away and hide her blush.

As the water was full enough, he stepped into it enjoying the hot water. "You can come right in you know."

Twilight looked back at him seeing that he's in the water. She took a deep sigh and put one hoof into the water, it was really hot, but felt good as she slowly went in. Twilight saw soap and shampoo on a self and used her magic to levitate them, as she began to wash herself.

"Enjoying the water, Twilight?" Draco asked as he was scrubbing his chest.

"Yes, the water feels hotter than normal thought." Twilight rinsing her mane.

"You'll get use to it." He said washing off the silver spikes on his head. "Unless you prefer cold ones."

She shook her head. "No I like it hot, just not this hot, just like the ones I take a my home or at the spa with my friends."

"Your very close to them aren't you?" Draco moving in closer.

Twilight backed away with every step he took until he stopped. "They were the first friends I ever had. They've been at my side ever since I moved to Ponyville." Looking sadden just thinking about them without her.

"Tell me about them." Draco said out of the blue.

"What?"

"Your friends, tell me about them, what are they like."

Twilight put a hoof under her chin, to who should she bring up first. "There's AppleJack, she and her family own an apple orchid, who is a hard worker and is very honest. Then there's Rainbow Dash who is a fast flier, and wishes to be a WounderBolt, and is loyal to her friends. Rarity makes dresses and owns her own store, who is generous as anypony can be. Pinkie works at a bakery and really loves parties and loves to make any pony smile or laugh. And there is Fluttershy who is owns a cottage where she takes care of animals and is very kind and sweet."

"I see, they sound like great friends of yours. Your very lucky to have them." Draco backing to a corner.

"What about you, do you have any friends Draco?" Twilight asking him.

"I do. Magma, who is my sparing partner and Captain of a squad. Claw who is a butcher in town. Ironworks who is a personal blacksmith. You know Frostfang, He's the closest of to me and though me greed control."

"What's greed control." Twilight asked looking confused.

"Greed control is when dragons can change their sizes big or small." Draco explained. "Didn't your dragon friend have anything like greed?"

"Well he did, but he couldn't control himself and went on a rampage." Twilight said nervously.

"Then me and the others has to train him." Draco sighed with half slanted eyes. 'More work for me.'

"I don't think it's necessary, He can control himself." she said.

"No, it's necessary, or else there will be trouble." Draco commanded.

"Sorry." Twilight apologized. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"It's fine." Draco said. "By the way, your brother may have been right about something. A gem miner said something about black smoke coming from the mountains. So I send some troops to check it out."

"Black smoke? But the Crystal Mountains have no volcanoes." Twilight said in her known knowledge.

"That's why I sent some of my men to look at the mountains." Draco getting out of the tub and getting dressed. "In the meantime, you might want to read a book or two."

Without saying another word. Twilight got out of the tub, dried her self off and exited the bathroom and headed to the library. Once she entered, Twilight saw a Snowscales, reading a book in her claws. "Snowscales?"

Once she heard her own name, Snowscales closed the book, and looked straight at Twilight. "M'lady you started me." She bowed.

"You don't have to be so formal, Twilight is fine." She said.

"Very well Twilight. Is their any particular book you're looking for?" Snowscales asked.

Twilight had to think for a second before answering, until she thought of what she wants. "Actually is there a complete history on Draspaina?"

"There is, I'll go get it." Snowscales flew up to and came back as few minutes later with an old leather book that might hold a million pages.

Twilight thanked her and sat on the floor and began to read. The Founder of Draspaina was a Dragon by the name of Shadow Nova, also known as King Black Flame, who ruled over two thousand years ago. He expanded the ruling as he made all the clans join together and rule as one. He soon married a dragon princess and bared a son naming him Draco. 'So Draco's father ruled before him, I wonder what happened to him?' She keep reading until she saw something that took her by shocked. In the book was a picture of a black dragon next to a grey armored unicorn facing each other shaking hoofs/claws. "Draco's dad and King Sombra were friends!?"

Author's Note:

Hey guys I want to thank the people who are favoring my story, and the one's who are commenting and reviewing. I'll try to fixed the errors, thought my laptop is a bit stubborn at times. But anyway's enjoy.

Cliffhanger! Sorry guys but you will have to see what happens next chapter. So see you next time.