• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 2,111 Views, 28 Comments

Rainbow and the curious thing. - Lightning Splash



when Rainbow starts to worry if she'll ever find a special somepony, some stallion she's known for quite some time becomes something more than a friend.

  • ...
19
 28
 2,111

Chapter eight

Rainbow sat, head down as Soarin' stuffed his face with apple pie. Spitfire was talking about a mission she was on earlier.

"Hey look, an ant." Soarin' said looking down on the ground.

"Ahh!" Rainbow said and smacked a hoof down squishing it.

"Why'd you do that?" Spitfire asked raising an eyebrow.

"I hate ants!" Rainbow replied crossing her arms.

"Why? They never did anything to you."

"Ants bite!" Spitfire rolled her eyes.

"No they don't, red ants bite, not black ants."

"Yes they do, Gilda told me so, she said she was allergic." Rainbow said frustration started to rise in her.

"That's a lie." Rainbow was shocked.

"That was not a lie!"

"Why not we ask her?" Soarin' asked. Rainbow started to worry, that was forever ago.

"It was a long time ago, she probably won't even remember."

"Ha! Lie." Soarin' said.

"No!' Rainbow said indignantly. "It was probably a prank, anyway. A prank she wouldn't remember 'cause it was years ago." Spitfire and Soarin' shared a look.

"Gilda wouldn't even pull a prank like that." Spitfire said.

"Why would I lie?"

"To prove a point." Soarin' said with a roll of his eyes.

"Wha-wh." Rainbow sputtered. "What point is there to prove?' Her face was turning red. "Never mind." Soarin' and Spitfire both rolled their eyes again. Rainbow felt ashamed and flew off. "Why were they such jerks?" Why was Soarin' such a jerk? Did he really believe that she would lie just to prove a point? Rainbow felt deeply betrayed. She flew into her home and slammed the door shut. Why did she even care? I gave him so much! I put up with Spitfire, I let him touch my hair, I let him do stuff that I never let anypony else do. Rainbow thought. Then Rainbow recalled one time. He called me beautiful, nopony's ever called me beautiful... well besides Braeburn. But I gave him everything! I gave him me, I loved him. Then it hit her. She loved him. She fell on her bed. I loved him and he called me a liar. Rainbow started to sob. Now she knew how Applejack felt. She cried more. she cried and cried until there were no more tears, but kept crying and crying until she fell asleep.


When Rainbow woke up she remembered the events of the previous day, she started to cry again. She went like this for three days, until...

"Rainbow?" She heard a muffled voice and three knocks rapped on the door. "Rainbow?" Soarin' repeated sticking his head in.

"Leave Me Alone!" Rainbow yelled and threw a pillow toward him. It just barely missed his face.

"Rainbow what's wrong?" He asked stepping inside.

"Like you would want to know!" She yelled and starting to cry again, she turned over on her bed so her back was to him. She heard hoof steps and felt Soarin's gentle hoof touch her back. Rainbow paused, her heart fluttering for a moment, but quickly shifted so he could not touch her.

"Rainbow." He said turning her over. She looked over into his green eyes. She felt a sense of longing. There he was, loyal to her as he had always been. She stared into his deep, green eyes, the eyes that stared into her soul. He hugged her and climbed into the bed with her. "You can tell me, I'm your friend." She paused. She felt his arms wrapped around her, holding her tightly, yet ever so softly. He stroked her mane.

"You called me a liar." She said finally. "And it hurt me so bad, because...because...I didn't want you to think I was a liar, I wanted you to think I was someone worth while 'cause...I think your someone worth while...I love you." A tear slid down her cheek and he caught it with his hoof.

He smiled. "I love you too."



THE END...almost.



The words pounded in her brain and she felt in heaven. Then he put his hooves on her face and pulled her in for a kiss. She melted in the embrace and put her hooves around him. She wished it could've lasted forever but he awkwardly pulled away from her. He pointed down. Rainbow remembered he was still in bed with her and their hooves were now entwined.

"I love you and all," He said getting up. "But I don't want to get to tempted." Rainbow laughed and tackled him over on the ground, tickling him. Once the tickling was done they sighed and laid on their backs. He put his arm around her and she put hers around his.


THE END

Author's Note:

Don't worry, she talked with Applejack and her and Soarin' got married before doing anything inappropriate.

Comments ( 11 )

soarin and dash got married right?

4612040
Yup, at the bottom there's some authors notes that explain somethings:pinkiehappy:

Don't get me wrong, I liked this story, but it was... a tad short. Any particular reason why?

4613104
I think when I edit it I'll make it longer. I wanted this to be long at first but I figured in the end it was going to be a short story and I felt it wasn't my best so i tried to end it. There will be lots of editing and adding extra chapters:pinkiehappy: also it was my first story

BRA-F*CKING-VO!!!

Comment posted by rainbowangel409 deleted Jul 30th, 2014

4630090
ok hears the thing its a good story but you might want to make it a little longer it was to short for my tast if i where to re-wright it i would ae it so much longer i have so many thoughts of what could have happend and no ofence probably wright it better then you did:ajsmug::rainbowdetermined2:

4773679 This was my first story and not my best. I think I'll leave it alone for now, I'm swamped with editing and writing and drawing!:twilightoops:

ich hab tränen in den Augen weil es so süß ist:fluttercry::heart::pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::twilightblush::twilightsheepish::twilightsmile::raritystarry:😍

Login or register to comment