• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 2,111 Views, 28 Comments

Rainbow and the curious thing. - Lightning Splash



when Rainbow starts to worry if she'll ever find a special somepony, some stallion she's known for quite some time becomes something more than a friend.

  • ...
19
 28
 2,111

Chapter four

Applejack. Rainbow was about ready to kill that pony, she had set up another blind date, and with another relative! Braeburn stared dreamily into Rainbow dash's eyes.

"Has anypony ever told you your beautiful?" Braeburn asked.

"Loads of times." Rainbow answered sarcastically.

"Can I touch your hair?" He asked reaching a hoof out.

"NO!" Rainbow said in fear, grabbing her head. It was just plain creepy, and no pony had ever touched her hair, ever. Not even once. She never let ANY PONY touch her hair.

"Okay, I'm just trying to please, Applejack. Couldn't you play along?" Braeburn said dropping his act.

"Why would I play along?!" Rainbow said disgusted.

Braeburn put a hoof over his mouth and leaned closer. "'Cause she's watching us." He whispered.

"What the- huh?" Rainbow jump into the air. "Where?!" He nodded his head to the left. Rainbow's eyes squinted. Sure enough the orange pony was there, hiding in the bushes. "I'm gonna kill her." She murmured under her breath. Rainbow flapped back down to Braeburn. "So you don't like me?"

"Of course not, blind dates are supposed to determine whether your good for each other. Though, when we first met, to be honest, I though you were pretty cool." Rainbow's ears perked up.

"Really? You...Liked me?"

"Well...yeah. Does that surprise you?" He asked.

"Well, I never thought anypony would like ME."

Braeburn raised an eyebrow. "Your joking, right?"

"Well, I know I'm awesome and all-."

"Oh dear, here comes the awesomeness lecture."

"Actually, I have to go." Rainbow said and started to fly away, she needed to think. Suddenly, her hoof was caught and she was dragged to the ground. It was Applejack.

"What was that?" Applejack asked mad.

"You shouldn't be spying on me, Applejack." Rainbow said angrily.

"Well guess who your next blind date is, Caramel." Applejack said annoyed.

"No, Applejack! I'm tired of you setting me up with your relatives! Just- just...leave me alone."

"Rainbow Dash!" Applejack said in shock.

"No, I just want left alone." Rainbow Dash said and flew away leaving Applejack shocked and alone.



Rainbow Dash sat in her room alone, was it possible that somepony could like her? Maybe even, love her? Maybe she was lonely like Applejack said. Rainbow found herself wanting to be back with Braeburn, not like dating, but in his company.

"No, I just want to be alone." She said to herself. But, maybe it was the opposite. Her brain hurt. Then, she heard a soft knock on the door. "Who could that be?" She went to the door and opened it. "Soarin'?" She was surprised to see Soarin' at her house. He was all smiles and happiness until he saw her face.

"Is something wrong?" He said worried.

"Everything fine." Rainbow growled.

"Don't lie to me." He said his tone and face hardening, but then, softened again. "Can I come in?" Rainbow pushed the door open in response. When she sat on the couch he sat with her. "Now tell me, what's wrong?" He asked putting a comforting arm around her. Rainbow didn't know why, but she started crying. She put her head in his lap and cried some more. "Hey, it's alright I'm here." He said gently and stroked her mane. And she let him.

Author's Note:

Ahhhhh! Oh the feels! I'm super excited and i can't wait to write some more.