• Published 26th Jun 2014
  • 2,111 Views, 28 Comments

Rainbow and the curious thing. - Lightning Splash



when Rainbow starts to worry if she'll ever find a special somepony, some stallion she's known for quite some time becomes something more than a friend.

  • ...
19
 28
 2,111

Chapter two

"Ugghh!!" Rainbow dash groaned. "I've tried flying, my wings are sore. I've tried reading, my eyes are sore! there's nothing to do in this boring house!" Rainbow was bored out of her mind. She needed some excitement, she needed...Her friends! She could just go talk to her friends.The first pony that came to her mind was Rarity, that pony always had something dramatic going on. Rainbow started to fly over to her house, but, halfway there she passed Fluttershy.

"Hi, Rainbow Dash. Did you come to me to hear the story about how I fell in love with Discord?" She asked batting her eyes. Oh no, this happened every time. She would pass Fluttershy and without fail, she would get roped into hearing their love story. Again. She could already feel the bile start to rise up in her throat.

"Sorry, gotta dash." She said and zoomed away. Rainbow quickly found her way to Rarity's shop. She caught her breath before walking in. "Hi, Rarity!" She yelled.

"Oh hi, Rainbow darling!" Rarity called from upstairs. Rainbow trotted up.

"What's up, Rarity?"

"Oh, nothing much, Spikey wikey, could you pass the ribbon?"

"Sure, Rarity." Spike said bringing a diamond encrusted ribbon.

"Oh, Sapphire Shores will love this!" Rarity said excitedly as she wove the ribbon into her costume.

"Wanna talk, hang out?" Rainbow asked awkwardly.

"I'm so sorry, darling, I'm much too busy. Sapphire Shores want a whole new line by next week!"

"Oh, okay. I'll just see what Twilight's doing."



..................


"Sorry, Rainbow." Twilight said sadly. "Princess Celestia needs me to go to the Crystal Empire today and I have to get ready."

"That's fine, I'll just go see what Pinkie Pie's doing." Rainbow said a little saddened.




.....................


"I'm REALLY sorry, Rainbow Dash. Cheese and I have a really big party planned for Screwball's birthday." Pinkie said as she blew her party cannon.

"Oh, then I'll just see what...Applejack is doing." Rainbow said and flew over to Sweet Apple Acres. It was not hard to spot the pony, like normal she was bucking apples. Rainbow was about to speak, but got interrupted.

"Rainbow! I was just about to give you a visit!" Applejack said and ran up to Rainbow, giving her a hug.

"Oh, hi, Applejack. Did you want to talk?" Rainbow said a little surprised.

"Oh yes I did. So ever since Trenderhoof and I got togeder I was thinking. All of our friends have special someponies: Twilight has Flash Sentry, Fluttershy has Discord, Rarity has Spike, Pinkie Pie has Cheese Sandwich except for you." Applejack said pointing to her. "You have no special somepony and that got me thinkin'. I mean I know yer dad is retired and livin' in coudsdale, but, other than that, you have no pony. And you must be sooo lonely and-."

"Woah, woah, woah. Applejack, I'm not lonely, I have you ponies."

"Oh, look at that, yer in denial. It's just a good thing I got your date set-up. Oh I hope I'm not too late. If I hadn't done this in time, who knows? You might've ended up in an insane asylum-."

"Applejack, what are you talking about?"

"Yer gonna go on a date, silly." She said excitedly.

"Woah, you mean like, a blind date? No way, blind dates are lame! I'm waay to cool to fall in LOVE." She said making a gag noise.

"Just wait till you find out who it is, oh, yer gonna be so excited."

"Wait... who is it?" Rainbow asked worriedly.

"My brother!"

Author's Note:

Sorry if Applejack is out of character, she's just like that 'cause she's in love with Trenderhoof. Rainbow Dash is a little out of character because she actually is a little lonely, so please don't complain. If you do find somepony out of character just tell me. I just hate it when people ramble on about how awful it is, so just politely point out what was wrong.