• Published 6th Jun 2014
  • 950 Views, 21 Comments

Harmony from Harm - Autum Breeze



Octavia thought her friendship with vinyl was over. However, friendship doesn't go so easily and sometimes it's can become more

  • ...
6
 21
 950

We Will Meet Again

We Will Meet Again - April Fool's Chapter

___________________________________________________________

Octavia sat in the waiting room, anxiously pacing back and forth in front of the doors.

It had been hours since they’d rushed Vinyl to the hospital after the unicorn had spliched herself. What was taking them so long?

Suddenly, the light above the door went off.

Octavia halted and waited.

After a few moments, a brown unicorn wearing spectacles walked out. Seeing Octavia, he moved over to her, before lowering his head.

Octavia blinked, before her eyes widened in horror.

“No,” she murmured, covering her mouth with a hoof. “Please, Celestia, no.”

“I’m sorry, Miss Octavia,” the stallion say, closing his eyes. “We... the damage to her nervous system was too severe. We... we couldn’t save her. She... she asked one of us to give you this.”

He handed her a small folded letter, before sighing and heading back inside.

___________________________________________________________

Octavia stood on the fourth story ledge of Canterlot town hall.

There, she watched as Luna’s moon rose into the sky, bathing the night in its beautiful shine.

Held in one hoof, was the note Vinyl had asked the doctor to give her; her last ever words to Octavia.


Tavi,


The doctors brought me out of sleep because I’ve barely any time left, not even enough to find you so we can say goodbye face to face.

I wish it could be different, but I guess that goes to show how cruel life is.


I want you to know that I will always regret how I treated you. You mean more to me than I can ever say in word, Tavi, but, seeing as I’ve barely any time anyway, I’m going to try.

I always hated myself for whenever I missed one of your concerts. When you play, my soul wants to just see, even though my singing sounds like a screeching cat that swallowed a bucket of nails. Why do you think I do music where singing isn’t needed?


Anyway, I tried so hard to get to your concert this time, I did. I... I felt so horrible when I realized how I’d made you feel.

I wish I’d gotten there to hear you, at least one last time.

Now, I’m going to be gone and where I’m going, no music will be able to match yours, Tavi.


I wish I could go on, but it’s getting harder to think now, so I’ll just say I’ll be waiting for you on the other side and when you get there, we’ll have the biggest party ever, or you can just play your music and I’ll sit and listen.

Whatever you want, Tavi.


Love, Vinyl



Letting the note fly off into the wind, Octavia stood tall, holding her cello, started leaning forward and began to play.

It was a sad melody that carried out over the night air. Anypony not asleep heard the tune, feeling the heartbreak and loneliness within the cords.

It went for almost a minute, before it suddenly cut off.


None would find Octavia til morning. When they did, the only clue they’d find to her actions were the word hastily engraved on the back of her new shatter cello.


I love you too, Vinyl.

See you soon.

Author's Note:

Yeah, couldn't really think of how to contiue this story well, so i decided to end it here.

Too bad, so sad.

Bye.

APRIL FOOL'S!

Sike! Like i'd really end any of my stories like that! This is the first souly focused Octiscratch i ever started. You really think i'd end it there and like that? Really?

You do know the date, right? It should be obvious why i wrote this.

Comments ( 4 )

You jerk. I thought this was for real. Nice job on the prank though.

a prank this early in the morning, dammit gotta get in the anti-prank shelter before more like this comes this way.

Still loved the heck out of it and wouldn't of been sad if you ended it here. But I knew it wasn't true because in the last chapter you said Vinyl would live and it would just be mean to turn it around like this. Props to you though and i hope you come out with a real chapter soon.

April Fools jokes........ You evil person, you!!!:rainbowlaugh: Though, this seriously needs an update!!

Login or register to comment