• Published 16th May 2014
  • 6,664 Views, 351 Comments

Planet Hell: The Redemption of Harmony - solocitizen



While searching for his childhood friend, Thunder Gale is confronted by an ancient presence that forces him to reconcile the darkest elements of his soul, or die trying.

  • ...
18
 351
 6,664

Special Thanks and Dedication

Thank you everyone for embarking on this journey with me, I know it's had it's ups and downs and a lot of you weren't sure if I'd ever get this thing done. I wanted to thank all of you reading this now for sticking with me this far, the passion you guys have shown toward my stories and this universe I've invented still has me in awe. I'd also like to thank Ed Garnot, Derek F, General Liberator, and Obsidian Rose for helping me to make this story happen! No, really, I'm not sure if I would have actually finished posting this if it weren't for their support.

I'd also like to dedicate this story to the MLP and FiM community. You guys are awesome and being a part of this community has allowed me to grow as a writer in ways I couldn't have even imagined before getting involved.

A lot of you might be wondering what might be next for the series, and for now I don't know. Those of you who read my blogs and keep track of my updates know that I have a dream about one day getting a book published, and that I've been hard at work on some original fiction during the entire editing process of Planet Hell. For now, that's what I'm going to be focusing on (I also wasn't even sure if that dream was even possible until the overwhelming support you guys showed toward my work!).

If you want to keep in touch with what I'm doing, check in on my blog every now and again. If I do start work on another entry for the series, or have something big to announce about some original fiction I'm working on, you'll first hear about it there. I also do run a weekly writer's workshop on Skype every Sunday with other members of the community, and for those of you looking to improve your writing or just have a group to share your work with while drafting up a story, I'd like to an extend an open invitation (PM for details). Fiction and non-fiction of all varieties are welcome, horse words or not.

Thank you all the again!

Comments ( 22 )

7844609
Nope! I'm afraid not.

7848555
And you know who else is on her way to New Canterlot?

Wait, where did the guys from Sigil Tech come from and how did they get here?

well that was a decent story. the timeline was all over the place, but I liked the characters and the premise, and the whole atmosphere had a real "space opera" feel to it. And he finally flew! Sweet! The CEO isn't gonna care jack shit about how royal he is if she learns about that. I hope he can keep it secret, at least until he knows what he's dealing with.

Also holy crap I forgot this was a sequel to Awakening. :rainbowkiss: Would have loved if Lumina could have met these two others... three more to go! :applecry:

Thank you for the story !
Please do not forget to let us know when your original fiction is ready.
I'd love to buy it if there will be digital version available.

Thank you for seeing this through!

7850349
A certain unicorn and her robot/dragon companion.

People might say crap, or good things, but in my mind, you just became one of my favorite people on here.
You made a killers joke! It was funny! I liked it, thumbs up, 17/17 penguins, and look! only a few people died!! that we liked and or hated atleast!! no one cares about redshirts!

7926754
Aw sucks, thank you :raritywink:

Oh... Oh my, you finished this! I... thought it was all abandoned! Congratulations on finishing this story, I look forward to reading it! Bravo!

8235150
I guess I'll read and find out!:twilightsmile:

8241503
But wouldn't it make more sense to just call her a pony? Or is he using it metaphorically? With Cadance, it makes more sense, since if you go with the backstory in Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell and other soft canon stuff, it's said she started out as a pegasus.

8241518
No, because any pony worth mentioning is a pegasus: Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight Sparkle. It's common knowledge to all citizens of the Pegasus Empire that, as far as the legends are concerned, that only a pegasus can become an alicorn. That's why the pegasus tribe as well as its emperor has a right to rule over all the lesser tribes. Maybe if they hadn't been so uppity in the first place and let the clearly superior pegasus tribe shoulder the burden of responsibility, Equestrian wouldn't have sunk. To suggest anything else is considered Corrupting Rhetoric, which is punishable by very public and very corporal means.

8241997
Ooooh heresy.:trixieshiftright:
Does that mean that a born alicorn does not exist to them? Or at all in this world?

8242112
Well, seeing how the vast majority of ponies and griffons don't even think magic exists in any way, shape, or form, I think the short answer is simply: NO. But if there were an alicorn (or if one came to be in the future), rest assured that the Imperial Bureaucracy has already determined that they are first and foremost a pegasus.
That make sense why all things considered Thunder Gale saw Twilight Sparkle as an alicorn (first and foremost a pegasus) and Lumina saw her as a unicorn?

8242253
Yeah, it does. I always thought that Lumina thought of Twilight as a unicorn because she was into the legends more and it was forgotten that Twilight was a princess. I can't recall if Luna was ever mentioned either.

8242602

I always thought that Lumina thought of Twilight as a unicorn because she was into the legends more and it was forgotten that Twilight was a princess. I can't recall if Luna was ever mentioned either.

That was pretty much the explanation in my head, but if at any point in time Twilight had wings, Thunder Gale was going to see them and fixate them rather than the horn.

8242994
And now I wonder just how strange it would be for an earth pony to try and meet an alicorn or Twilight. They'd just be tall to them.

8243008
It would depend on what myths and legends they were exposed to. I haven't entirely decided on what the Earth Pony states are like, but if I come back to this series the next few stories will take place there.

Finally finished this. Loved it. I hope there's a new part to this series someday.

8560671
What is the second book to Awakening?

I like this story, and its prequel :v I hope you read this one day, solo. Your work was enjoyed v:

Thank you! This was awesome. I will hold onto hope for another installment one day. Perhaps the rest of them could be found in the library?

Login or register to comment