• Published 17th Feb 2014
  • 3,686 Views, 39 Comments

the adventures of spike - zephen



spike feels alone and unappreciated in ponyville with his friends all ignoring him. he finds that there is nothing left for him in ponyville and takes it on to himself to journey out into equestria.

  • ...
9
 39
 3,686

Into the city

Spike stumbled off of the train station platform and began to wander around the city aimlessly. Tall grey buildings became taller and more monotone as he walked deeper into the unfamiliar. Soon bicycle traffic overtook the streets and Spike took to the sidewalk instead. Ponies pushed past as he looked up to the tips of the buildings. He wondered to himself why the buildings were so big.

Spike decided that he would need somewhere to sleep in the large city and that he would go and talk to Fluttershy who was in the university. Spike continued to wander the city looking for the university building when he asked for directions he was ignored by the passing ponies. He saw a white sign with a blue U on it and an arrow pointing down further into the city. He followed the signs to a large brick wall. After he walked around it he found a gate door and on top of it was a sign that read “Manehatten University”

Inside the brick wall that lined the perimeter there was a green field with trees at random intervals throughout and a maze of crisscrossing sidewalks. Around the interior there were other large brick buildings.

Spike walked toward a large pole that had signs in the shape of arrows pointing in different directions. He saw the sign that pointed to offices and followed it. He walked into the offices and saw a pony sitting behind a counter; he walked up to desk and asked the pony a question.

“I’m looking for a pony called Fluttershy.” he said

“And what do you want me to do?” the pony asks pointedly

“Do you know where I can find her?” Spike asked

“Try her dorm.” The pony said looking back to her paperwork. Spike stood waiting for her to elaborate further on where the dorm would be. When no answer is forthcoming he asks the mare.

“Where is the dorm building?” the mare looked up questioningly before she answered.

“Are you new?”

“New?” Spike answered

“New.”

“New to what?” Spike asked

“Collage.” She responded flatly

“Do you know Carter?” Spike asked

“Who?” the mare responded

“Never mind” Spike said

“Well the dorms are out the door and to the left.” the mare said once again looking down to her work.

Spike left the office building and walked over toward the building that the mare had pointed out. He walked in the doors and saw another drake walking out the doors. Both drakes froze and locked eyes. The drake coming from the building was black with blue accents as opposed to Spike who was purple with green accents. The drake wore ragged jeans, a white T-shirt, and a gray jacket.

Both drakes stepped forward with their right foot simultaneously and both stopped when the other mimicked their action. Spike stepped left and the other drake matched him exactly the whole time neither broke eye contact. Spike brought his right hand up and waved it and still the other drake matched him perfectly. Spike stopped circling when he had gotten half way around and both drakes were now standing on the short staircase.

“What are you doing?” Spike asked

“I dunno.” Said the other drake “What are you doing?”

“Wondering how you are mimicking me exactly.” Spike said hesitantly

“Not hard. You are very predictable.” The other drake said

“What’s your name?” Spike queried

“Slick”, Slick replied, “and you?”

“Spike”, Spike said, “Why don’t you have shoes on?”

“Why don’t you?” Slick responded

“Well my feet are covered in scales unlike ponies and my feet don’t get cold.”

“Ah, so other drakes are like that too. I believe that it’s because we have higher body temperatures than ponies.” Slick said matter of factly.

“You think that’s why we have scales?”

“Partially, but no I ment the feet thing.” Slick said

“Well Ok then” Spike said

“Well Spike, it’s been weird.” Slick said as he turned to leave.

“Wait! Where are you going?” Spike called out

“Class, man. This is a school after all.” With that slick walked off backpack attached securely to his back.

Spike still slightly confused walked into the dorm building. He came upon a large directory to the dorm building. It seemed as though the left half of the building was the men’s dorms and the right half was the women’s dorms and in the center as a divider were public rooms available to all. The dorms were all numbered and on the back of the standing display were names and numbers to show which students were in which dorms. After finding Chylene’s name and identifying where her room was he started off into the maze of dorm rooms to find her.

After many minutes of wondering in what he thought was the right direction Spike found the number that he was looking for. He knocked on the door and a rustle could be heard from behind the door. He heard murmured voices behind the door and soon the door was answered by a pony Spike did not know. She was yellow and had thick glasses on with a black frame, a grey hoodie that looked to have the school logo upon it and grey sweatpants to match.

“Who the buck are you?” The pony said.

“Spike, is-“

“What are you doing here?” She said with a touch of disgust crossing her face as she leaned against the door frame, bringing one leg up behind her and placing it on the frame.

“Looking for someone” Spike said impatiently

“Oh? Well how about a name then? I’ll see if there here.” The mare responded sarcastically

“Would you? I’m looking for Chylene” Spike asked

“Oh my Celestia, your dense as a brick wall.” The mare said bringing a hand to her face slowly “Just come in. Chy! You got a visitor!” The mare stepped aside and the two walked into the room

“Who is it? Is it somepony from Ponyville?” Chylene called from what spike assumed was a bathroom door.

“You from Ponyville?” The mare asked him

“Technically” Spike said after a moment’s thought

“You got the Ponyville part right!” The mare responded to Chylene as she returned to her desk.

“Who is it?” Chylene asked as she walked out of the restroom

“Hi Chy.” Spike said weakly suddenly unsure of why he was here.

The mare wore a yellow tank top with green jeans. She stopped suddenly upon seeing spike.

“Spike! What are you doing in Manehatten?” Chylene said her wings fluttering slightly as they had been put through holes in her shirt.

This is it. I’ve been found out, why did I go to Chylene? Now Twila is gonna know right where I am and she’s gonna come get me and then I’m never gonna get out of town.

“Oh ya know. Just visiting my friend in Manehatten.”

“Oh, are you with Rarity for one of her shows or with Twila for her to do some studying?” Chylene asked with a small voice.

“Neither, I’m here on my own.” Spike said proudly.

“So Twila knows you’re here? Here take a seat." Chylene said while gesturing to a small table with two chairs.

“Well not exactly.” Spike said as he took his duffle bag of his back.

“So she doesn’t know?” Chylene said worriedly.

Suddenly Angel bunny ran out from a pile of blankets, hopped up onto the table and started squeaking at Chylene.

“But Angel… I know I know… Honey but he’s so young! ... Hmm I’m still not quite sure…Wow you have been watching that closely? … Well… Fine you made your point Angel. Spike Angel made a good case and I don’t think you should go back to Ponyville.” Chylene said

“What?! Really?” Spike exclaimed while looking at a smug Angel bunny

“Yes. That is what I think.” Chylene said.

“What did he say?” Asked Spike

“I can’t tell you. Have you met Slick yet?” Chylene asked Spike

“Yeah, he seemed strange.” Spike said

“You get used to it.” Chylene said “Come on. Let’s get some lunch.”

Author's Note:

give me your feed back please!

Comments ( 21 )

Oh the plot thickens, what is going on at home that he can't return. This is getting interesting lol.:trixieshiftright:

I wonder why he can't return to Ponyville? Lets see where this goes.

you'll just have to wait and find out what the all knowing angel bunny dose:rainbowderp:

if i let you know that is :rainbowkiss:

i have decided to take off the sad tag because this story isn't sad like i had original planned it turned into an action adventure kind of a story

I do enjoy the story, it gives me a lot of ideas to stretch my imagination on (like if Spike's scales are too strong (even in the gaps) to be pierced by the blade, or that his claws/pure muscle could slice through solid steel)

However, there are three things (at the current time) that I'm I'm really questioning:

1. surely Spike isn't so gullible as to trust someone that stole from him, with his valuables?
2. can't Spike send letters directly to Celestia as well as frequently have Spike in Canterlot for royal duities?
3. what possible reason could Angel Bunny possibly have told Fluttershy to not allow Spike to go back home? (because as far as I know, the only excuse he would know about is the broad 'journey to find oneself')

3970116
spike didnt trust carter right off but carter had said that trolley's dont make much money.
i had said read between the lines and some may have caught that the lady "bumbed" over his bag and carter explained in short that they need all the bits they can get. its ok that you didnt see that i made it very suddle. also spike grew up in sheltered old ponyville where no pony steals.
many people are wondering waht angel bunny said so im not goona reveal it. yet. (probobly be MUCH later in the story so hold onto ur hats)

3960397
"Earn your happy ending, young drake!!"
who said anything about a happy ending?:pinkiecrazy:

I don't really like this story because it's so straight forward. This "story" seems more like a long summary. What I do like though is the plot, setting, and general idea. I think if you put more time into doing these "stories" and add more details, it might help the reader visualize what the setting is like, what the character is like, and what the story is like. Then again these are just my opinions.

4010549
think of spike as looking like the cover photo and they walk on 2

3989971
TAKE THAT!
REVISION!:pinkiegasp:
EIDITOR!:pinkiehappy:
BETTER REVISION!:ajsmug:
:facehoof:

Well, it sucks. Mainly because you keep pussy footing around and not getting to the goddamn point.

will this ever be finished

6174670 idk why your post was disliked.

please let there be more. i would like to know how cesletai will deal with the main six for how they treated spike.

Yeah don't bother trying to revive it, it's not worth it.

you do realize it's Twilight not Twilia right?

10080619
You do realize this guy hasn't been touched since 2014 right?

10298302
For when or if he comes back.

This story lacked good reasoning for Spike abandoning everything he knows, so if he comes back hopefully there will be some rewriting.

I’m now invest and want more chapters, please post more chapters

Login or register to comment