• Published 17th Feb 2014
  • 3,685 Views, 39 Comments

the adventures of spike - zephen



spike feels alone and unappreciated in ponyville with his friends all ignoring him. he finds that there is nothing left for him in ponyville and takes it on to himself to journey out into equestria.

  • ...
9
 39
 3,685

leaving ponyville

Spike walked over to the small red plastic train seat and sat down. He put his duffel bag next to him and leaned back in his chair. He wrapped his dark purple jacket around himself and leaned back in the chair. As he relaxed he looked out of the window as the train slowly started to speed up.

Spike was a mix of half human on his mom’s side and half dragon on his dad’s side. He had purple scales all over his body and tail and vertical green scales that ran the length of his body from head to tail, and two large green ears. He was 5’ 11” and was taller than the average pony yet still small for a dragon.

He looked out the window as the only home he had ever known was left behind. He didn’t know where he’d go or what he’d do but for the time being he didn’t care about any of that. All of his “friends” had abandoned him, betrayed him, or ignored him. He didn’t want to think about that now though.

He looked around the train car; there were three other ponies in the car. One was the conductor who was going around collecting tickets, a brown coated pony wearing leather duds, and a magenta pony wearing a t-shirt and jeans. There was nothing special about the ponies and nothing that caught his eye so he looked away from them. He returned his gaze to the rapidly receding train station, there was nothing there for him now. He looked away from the window, the conductor approached and said

“Ticket please” emotionlessly. Spike got out his ticket and handed it to the man.

“Where are we going anyway?” Spike asked

“Appleloosa.”

“Anywhere but there is fine by me.” Spike said relaxing again.
8 hours prior

“Twila!” Spike called running down the stairs of their tree home. He jumped the last few steps and ran into the kitchen where twila was making her morning coffee.

“What Spike?” she asked uninterested.

“The new power pony’s comic is coming out in canterlot and you said we would go if I had my chores done.”

“So I did, but Spike I can't take you today.” Twila said, Spike looked crestfallen at this point “I already have plans to go to pinky's party later”

“You said we would go a month ago.” Spike pointed out.

“I’m sorry Spike but I can't take you all the way to canterlot right now. You’ll just have to wait till it gets to the library. ”twila took her coffee and walked out of the room ending the argument.

Spike was saddened by this. It wasn't the first time twila had gone back on her word with him. Spike grabbed one of his gems from his special hiding spot and bit into it with his sharp teeth. It was amazing, he felt a bit better as he ate it but was soon finished with the gem and caught himself when he started reaching for another.

“Can’t eat all my gems now.” Spike said aloud.

Spike was sad again with the lack of gems and twila letting him down. Again. He decided he’d go and talk to applejack to see if she needed any help and to blow off some steam.

He walked down the path to the apple family farm and was surprised to see the large amount of apples sitting by the barn. While this may be normal during harvest time, the pile was unusual due to the fact that it was still growing season. With his interest piqued he walked down to the farm at a faster pace. As he approached he slowed back down to a walk and called out when he saw AJ and big mac working to get the apples in the barn.

“Hi AJ. What’s with all the apples?” Spike asked. AJ and big mac were strongly built from their life on the farm and were dressed in their working clothes.

“Ah shoot, not now Spike we got to get these apples into the barn before the bugs come.”

“Bugs? What bugs?” Spike asked confused.

“Yeah bugs, there’s a swarm of ‘em headin this way. If we don't get these apples in the barn then there gonna be eaten.”

“Well do you need a hand?” Spike asked

“nope.” big mac said.

“What my jug head fer a brother means is that you would just get in the way Spike.” AJ said setting her current bucket of apples down in the barn.

“I can help.” he said defiantly.

“Oh really. Then pick up that bucket of apples.” she said

“That’s a big bucket.” Spike said looking at the bucket in question

“Those are the smallest ones we got sugarcube. Why don't you just be on your way now?”

“Hahahaha” laughter came from the rafters of the barn. “Oh man that is good. Spike can't even lift the smallest basket. Ha ha ha ha!”

“Dash! Whatah yall doin up in the rafters?”

“I was just taking a nap when you two woke me up.” she said flying down. “God Spike if you can't lift the smallest basket how do you mean to help out here?” dash asked?

“I’m sure there’s something I can do.”

“Aww come on there’s nothing for you here.” dash said.

Spike looked at her. He realized something in her words. She didn’t just mean on the farm. She ment in ponyville. Twila might have raised him but now he barely saw her and has had to take care of himself completely and even those who he thought were his friends didn't want him around.

Then it hit him. Even Rarity wouldn’t love him. It would be bad for her image; all he was to her was some form of cheap labor. never had she actually paid him for the long hours he worked with her except for the leftover gems from her projects and even those were far and in between. With Chylene getting her veterans license out in manehatten, Pinky always partying and Dash and AJ flat out telling him he was unwanted there really was nothing for him in ponyville.

“Ok dash.” Spike said in a daze “I’ll go then.” Spike walked off away from the farm.

“Now look at what ya done.” AJ “said you got me behind schedule. You’re gonna have to make up for it by helping me.”

“Are you just trying to rope me into helping you.” dash asked

“Of course sugarcube now start moving crates.”

Spike walked in and around ponyville. After wandering in a daze for what seemed like hours he walked home and started to back a duffel bag full of his few possessions in the world. he packed some spare clothes, spare shoes, a multi-tool he had earned from big mac in a bet and seeing as he had earned the tool he didn’t inadvertently set off his dragon greed, he also packed a picture of twila, Chylene, dash, AJ, rarity, pinky, and himself, his gems, and his bits.

With that Spike walked out of the home one last time never to look back. He walked over to the train station and bought a ticket to the first train out of town.

To top it all off, for the next week nopony would even notice he was gone.

Author's Note:

if you like it please leave a comment even if its to say how much this story sucked. just tell me what you didn't like or did like.