• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 1,802 Views, 92 Comments

The Day My Life Continued - Authora97



Now you know how I began. You know how my life ended. Now it's time for you to see how it continued.

  • ...
21
 92
 1,802

Epilogue

I wanna say it worked out after that.

I wanna say we stood up, chased Logan down before he made it to the parking lot.

Or maybe that Tracy turned out to be a surprise hero. She stopped Logan at the door, pointing a gun at his face and saying some badass heroic line that would set fireworks off in the distance or an explosion that she wasn’t looking at.

Or maybe that Twilight came up. She gave Logan a heartwarming speech about the power of friendship. It brought Jimmy back from the insanity. He would beg for apologies and that he’d never do anything like becoming Logan again.

Except it didn’t.

No...I had enough memories in my head-Darcy too- to prove that Logan won tonight.

That he used that rag-crusted up in my sister’s dried up disgusting blood-to gain access to my worlds.

That Logan used it to break me down. Piece by piece, world by world, life by life.

That he wouldn’t stop.

And if I managed to stop him at one of those points, I didn’t remember it.

He won.

Tonight, he won.


==DMLC==


The next morning, everyone gathered in my office to talk about what happened last night. I gave them a briefing- not leaving out a detail. A lot of people were in tears, hearing Katelynn had been killed. I had called Jimmy’s mom, letting her know that Jimmy had changed, that he was considered the most dangerous threat to happen to our people. It wasn’t a great phonecall, reminding me of all the phonecalls I’d made to tell family members their child had died.

My parents had been freaked out. They made all kinds of crazy demands- that I not do anything stupid like Traveling until this ‘madman’ had been stopped. That we call the police, let them handle it. That we take away Darcy’s knife- because surely it couldn’t be her’s but actually Katelynn’s murder weapon (that was the harder argument.).

Sadly they had a point. No Traveling, at least not yet.

Thorax stayed by my side the whole time. He hugged me after I called Mrs Cipes. He held my hand when I admitted Katelynn had died, and the subsequent telling of her parents.

Darcy helped too. She watched Lilac and Cookie, keeping them from hearing the worst of it. She brought them to the Spencer’s, saying she was gonna ‘connect with the bros and the nieces’ as an excuse for Thorax and I to be alone. I love my sister.

Still. It came time to send the Mane 6 and Spike home.

They were all hugging me. I allowed it, starting to feel numb from everything.

“That’s it?” Rainbow asked. “We’re just going home now?”

“You can’t stay here.” I reminded. “You’re at your most vulnerable here. Worse I’m more vulnerable with you guys here. If Logan got to you, I doubt he’d let any of you live long.”

“But he’s been to your world before!” Rainbow argued. “So he could be in Equestria right now!”

“With Celestia, Luna, Mia, Shining Armor, and know an entire Hive of Changelings against him. An entire country fighting him.”

“You got an entire planet.” Applejack pointed out.

She had a good point.

“Girls.” Fluttershy stepped forward. She came to give me another hug. I returned it, not wanting to put heart into it because if I did I might never let them go. “I think we need to listen to Morgan. She needs to focus on finding Logan.”

“Fluttershy is right.” Rarity agreed. She joined the hug. I stepped back, before they could restart the group hug. Thorax put a hoof on my shoulder. Yeah he’d been in his changeling form all morning. “Morgan, darling, we’ll help you however we can.”

“Tell the Princesses.” I instructed, matter-of-factly. “Tell the Crystal Empire. Write to Sunset and tell her. Tell everypony you can. Garfield Logan is a menace that needs to be stopped.”

Pinkie burst out in sobs.

I winced. “Uhh...Pinkie? You good?”

The pink person suddenly fell to the floor, still crying. In the cartoon effect her tears were puddling on the floor. “Your birthday was ruined!”

“Pinkie, that was the best birthday party I’ve ever had in my life. “ I assured her. “It was just the after-party that sucked.” She sobbed again. “Fine. Go to Equestria and plan me a second one. A better birthday. I’ll be 21 in Equestria, so I expect drinks.”

She stopped sobbing to give me a hug. “I’m sorry, Morgan!”

“Ap-apology accepted.” She pulled away from the hug.

Twilight stepped up next. “Morgan. Will you come back?”

“Of course.” I answered, giving her a tight smile. “Lilac’s friends are there. And Thorax is...Thorax has stuff there too. It’s his home.”

“And you’ll come with them, yes?” Twilight pressed.

“If I don’t, Pinkie will come after me for that make-up birthday party.” I joked, but even I knew the smile wasn’t reaching my eyes. Twilight gave me a thin lipped stare. “I’ll be gone for a while, yeah, but it’ll be barely a blink for you guys. I’ll come back. I always do.”

She gave me a firm look, putting a hand on my shoulder beside Thorax’s. “I’m holding you to that.”

With that, the girls all left with Tracy. She took them back to Equestria.

I stayed stone faced the entire time.

Thorax hugged me from behind, wrapping his hoof around my body so the hoof rested against my front. “It’s going to be okay, Star.”

I patted his hoof with my hand.

“I can feel your emotions.” He reminded me, kissing the side of my head. “And I know what you’re feeling...I think you’re being really strong.” He stopped for a moment. My grip was tightening on his hoof. My eyes were still on the door where the Mane 6 had walked out through. “You don’t have to be strong all the time. It’s okay to let go.”

So I did.

With little sniffles at first. Then they got louder.

Thorax turned me around, so I could hide my face against the side of his neck. Seriously this thing was long. Candace Flynn had nothing on this neck length.

He let me cry on his shoulder when it all crashed down on me.


==DMLC==


Across the universes, across the worlds, one little changeling was crouched against the wall. She had a heavy collar around her neck. There were manacles around her hooves. She had bolts going through the holes of her body, so she couldn’t change form until her captor unlocked them.

She’d been sobbing for days now. It had been so long since she saw something good. Her room was dark- a cell without windows.

She didn’t want to be in here.

She just wanted her brother.

She wanted to go home.

Her captor opened her door, bringing some light into her room. It blinded Cicada for a moment.

Garfield Logan chuckled as he stepped inside. “Now...let’s have fun.

Author's Note:

After almost THREE YEARS of writing, this story is complete. Thanks to everyone that has followed along with it! You’ve helped keep it alive!
Look for the next part of their Equestrian stories: Creating A Hive

Comments ( 6 )

If this is the last chapter then why does the story page still say incomplete?

9443681
I knew I forgot to do something this morning!
Lol thank you!

So was it just me or was I supposed to read the series in the order of ended, began and then continued? Because after reading ended then began, I think those 2 books might be interchangeable, I know began is a prequel but I can't help but feel that it's interchangeable with ended. Is it just me or did others get that feeling too? The reason why I ask is because after ended finished and then I moved on to began I was expecting it to pop off right where ended finished. But that's were continued started up off of. And because I was expecting that I kind of got a culture shock not expecting it to be a prequel especially with myself jumping straight from ended to began to continued. When i jumped from ended to began I had to stop and go "wait where am I in the timeline?"

9941546
Sorry for the confusion- I promise that wasn't my intention and there has been some from others too. So it's not just you.
I also think Ended/Began can be interchanged for 1st in the series. Ended was written first, so I tend to think of it as first in the series. Then Began and then Continued.
Though timeline-itself wise, it's Began-Ended-Continued.
It ended up that way because once I finished Ended I didn't want to story to end- and I realized there was a lot of potential for a prequel fic, rather than a sequel next. So I wrote that. And I loved it. So. Much. When Began finished, I wanted to show what life was like for Morgan/Raspberry after and her struggle to get her family back together cause let's face it, her family is a mess. All the time.

9944198
Her families are all messes, question though and spoiler for the next book in the story, yes I finished this one and immediately jump to CAH, Will she make up with her original family, and when will she finally slap and fire her babysitter? I personally waited the entirety of continued to see it happen, especially after she badmouthed not only Darcy and the kids, but Morgue as well, calling anyone a bad mother who clearly is doing the best she can with people breathing down her neck she doesn't want doing so really pisses me off.

9944267
I have dealt with so many people like that- unfortunately. Making them go away is a bitch.
In my mind, the reason Tracy is still there is simple.
Even though Morgan is over 200, on Earth she is still legally a minor. Her original family, as you put it, is allowed to make certain decisions for her. Including, paying a Traveler to watch over her day-to-day and report back what those things are. To the Spencer's, it doesn't matter what Tracy said because- brace yourself-they agree. They think Morgan is too young, too inexperienced, and so many other 'too's' that it infuriates me even as I write it out.

Login or register to comment