• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 1,802 Views, 92 Comments

The Day My Life Continued - Authora97



Now you know how I began. You know how my life ended. Now it's time for you to see how it continued.

  • ...
21
 92
 1,802

Chapter Four

I got to the Library, just walking right in and towards her lab. A part of me was already regretting this decision.

Twilight had pulled out the Machine. The same one she used on Pinkie and me in Pinkie Sense. Twilight even decked herself out in scientist gear.

Even better. Her wings were trapped underneath. That was cheerful.

I flew down to the laboratory, grinning at Twilight.

She glared, always the professional. She lifted the helmet.

“Come on, you have to admit you look a little funny.” I teased as she strapped the helmet on my head.

Twilight rolled her eyes, but she smiled. “I probably should have worn a pegasi lab coat.”

“Rarity can probably make you one.” I commented.

Twilight nodded, putting the last strap on. She turned on the machine, and got to work. “I know, but I don’t want to trouble her.”

“It’s Rarity.” I laughed. “She sees you wearing that, she’ll have a new lab coat by sundown.”

After a small pause, I heard a chuckle coming from Twilight. She walked over towards the data collecting point, making sure the paper wouldn’t jam. “Sundown? You don’t think she already has one made?”

I snorted. “She’s secretly been planning it ever since you became a Princess.”

Twilight gave me a slightly pained look. “If a lab coat is all Rarity has for me, I’ll be thankful.” She typed out some commands on the typewriter connected to the machine. “I love Rarity, and I’m glad she’s willing to do all this for us-”

“But, she can be overbearing in some of her more generous days.” I said

The alicorn gave me a look. It was more curious than angry. “How can you do that?” She asked. Her tone light, telling me she wasn’t angry. The machine whirred to life, and I could hear the various gears and knobs turning.

“Do what?” I asked.

“Just be, blunt.” Twilight said, coming to look me in the eye. “You’ve always been able to just...just say whatever a pony was really thinking, or what they’re really saying.”

I shrugged, slumping in my chair. “I don’t like people telling me half truths. If I tell them what they are thinking, they know I’m not fooled by them. That’s generally the point when they realize I’m actually a bit dangerous, and stop lying to me.”

Twilight walked over to her chair, giving me an almost pleading look. “But what if you misjudge? What if what you think they were going to say wasn’t even close?”

“I never guess, Sparkle of Twilight.” I reminded her. “That’s a rule.”

“Raspberry, sometimes a simple misunderstanding could ruin a whole friendship.” Twilight stressed.

“Calling me a whore and my daughter a waste of space is another way to ruin a friendship.” I snapped, the memory playing in my mind as if fresh.

Twilight flinched back as if burned. She gave me a sympathetic look. “I’m sorry.”

“Why? You never said anything negative about Lilac, or basically said I should order her execution.” I nearly growled, shifting uncomfortably in my seat. “I am actually disappointed for one thing.”

“Just one?” Twilight commented dryly.

I rolled my eyes. “Hahaha.” I gave her a flat look. “You’re hilarious.” She gave me a ghost of a smile. “I’m disappointed Brown didn’t say anything about her, then I would be justified to you and the others.”

Twilight’s jaw dropped. “See! That’s a part of the problem!”

“Problem?” I half snapped.

“You just admitted to looking for a reason to be angry at him!” Twilight argued. I huffed. Oh, Storyline no, she was not forcing this conversation. “I saw the two of you in that room, you were starting to get along with him! Then you just started to fight with him, out of nowhere! Did you even need to start that war?”

“I’m owe him a fall, Twilight.” I used her name, to show how serious I was.

She noticed. “Raspberry, you can’t do to them what was done to you. It’s not fair to anypony, especially you.”

I sighed, slumping in the chair.

“Done to you...” Twilight muttered. She lifted up some of the papers, searching through them.

Oh, that got my attention. She was using that ‘I have an idea, don’t talk to me.’ So obviously I had to talk to her.

“Sparkle of Twilight?” I called out, trying to get a better look. It was hard because of the weird helmet.

The purple alicorn just kept working on whatever theory she had. Twilight ran up to the machine, flipping levers and turning knobs.

“Doctor Twilight, I would like to know what is being done to me.” I asked.

The helmet lit up. It vibrated a bit, already starting to scan me again. I winced. It didn’t really hurt, more just felt uncomfortable.

“Twi...” I would have to dig deep to get her attention. “Yo, Purple-ly Pink, what’s your twenty?”

Papers printed out from the machine. I sighed, realizing Twilight was lost to Idea-land. The papers were taken away by Twilight, and read.

From the smile growing on Twilight’s face, I knew she had figured something out. She was starting to look giddy, but then she stopped.

The alicorn gave me a careful smile. “Morgan.” She said in a cautious tone.

“Sparkle of Twilight.” I copied her tone, but with more teasing.

My friend put the papers done, and shut off the machine. The little whirrs and buzzes cut off. I used my magic to get the helmet off my head, and walked over to the papers.

I read them over, my eyes widening. “Woah!”

Twilight laughed, but tried to hide it. “You don’t know what any of that means, do you?”

“I don’t know what any of it means.” I said, in a surprised teasing tone. I lifted the papers in my magic and gave them to Twilight. “Translate please.”

Twilight took the papers, a kind smile on her muzzle. She came up to my side, and put a hoof on my shoulder. “You remember how we got our wings?”

Of course I remember that day. It was amazing. I can fly now, why would I forget the day I started? “Go on.”

Twilight nodded, showing me the readings. It looked like a bunch of wavy lines. “Okay, you see that pink line?”

“The one that looks like an heart rate?”

“Yes.” Twilight nodded. “That’s your unicorn magic.”

“Ahh.” I sarcastically replied in aw.

Twilight ignored that. “The green line-the one that looks like a wave- is your earth pony magic. And that blue line that’s more of a zig-zag is your pegasi.”

“And the orange one?” I asked, pointing at an orange line that looked more an excited heart rate, similar but not exact to the blue one. “Is that my Traveling?”

“No. That’s your alicorn magic.” Twilight paused. “After, it integrated with your traveler magic.”

My eyes widened. I looked at the orange line again. Wait, why did I do? I still couldn’t understand it!

Twilight lifted up another paper. “See, this is my scan I took of myself after the event.”

It looked similar to mine. Her pink line was much more excited, saying she was pretty powerful. That’s cool. Her alicorn magic line was red, though.

“Noticed mine is red?” Twilight asked. I nodded. “That’s because of your special talent, traveling. You used to have a yellow line, in place of an orange one. After Starswirl’s spell took effect, your Alicorn magic merged with your traveled ability.”

I blinked, slowly putting it together. “I’m...an alicorn, even back home?”

Twilight nodded, starting to look a bit excited. “Yes! It’s amazing.” She lifted my readings. “Instead of leaving you with two different strands; an alicorn and a traveler, they merged into one!”

“It looks like this person is having a heart attack.” I pointed at the orange line. “Is it dangerous?”

“No, it not harmful to you.” Twilight explained. “It’s Equestrian, and like you said, Equestrian magic is peaceful.”

I nodded, still a bit worried. “Should it calm down?”

That made Twilight pause. “It should.” She checked my readings in contrast to her’s. “Your magic was probably reacting harshly with your emotions. Your negative emotions are stronger as of late, and your magic can sense that.”

Okay, that was weird. “So, my negative emotions are making this magic hostile? Have you ever met an American teenager who’s been in puberty for a hundred thirty years? You try stay cheery after that.”

Twilight nodded. “This is another reason to just end that feud with-”

“Don’t you even say his name, Twilight.” I snapped, pointing at her with my hoof. Twilight shut her muzzle. “I can’t end that feud. I know it’s childish, completely petty, and basically worthless at this point.”

Twilight stepped up beside me, her hoof on my shoulder. “Then why start one in the first place? The two of you were starting to get along, I saw that. Why did you stop it?”

“Cause if I stop fighting it, stop hating him.” I explained. “It’ll be like all of that was for nothing. He didn’t even look like he regretted it, Twilight. I was just a victim to him, and if I back out of ’re fight then he will win again.” I started to shake my head, already feeling like crying. “I can’t let him, Sparkle of Twilight, not this time. He doesn’t have power over me anymore. I have to fight this to the end.”

My friend sighed. “I’m not saying to let him win, I’m saying to be the better pony and let it go.” She looked at me with sadness in her eyes. “I remember meeting a mare who didn’t care what others thought of her, only what she thought about herself.”

I shook my head. I couldn’t give up. Seth wouldn’t win this time. He made me feel like a worthless piece of shit for a century. I thought I was a freak, a nothing. How does someone just get over that?

That was a time that friendship was ruined for me, when I thought I knew what that was. How do you get over nobody helping you when you needed them most, huh? None of those other kids stopped it, some even went along with it. My own parents didn’t see it and I know for a fact Mom witnessed two of those life shattering events. Friends were only people who hadn’t stabbed (or shot) you in the back.

Not even Darcy, a girl who had some of my memories jammed into her, couldn’t help. She tried at the end, giving her life for mine, and I will never forget it. Whenever I thought of myself that way, she would convince me I wasn’t.

Twilight would never treat me that way, none of the Mane Six would. They were true, true friends. They helped me so much, would they really steer me wrong.

Stopping the feud was the best way to get these new powers under control. They were the best way to keep my friends safe. Yeah, no one got hurt yesterday, and that was a miracle. Next time we might not be so lucky.

“Alright.” I said. “Alright.”

Twilight began to smile. “Alright?”

“I’m not saying I won’t stop the feud.” I pointed out. “But, I am putting it on hold.”

The alicorn looked surprised. “Really, Raspberry? You’ll stop the feud?”

“If you think it’s the best, then alright.” I said. “You wouldn’t trick me, Sparkle of Twilight. I’ll stop the feud.”

With that said and done, I got up from my seat and flew off.

Rule One, She Lies.


The walk home was calming, letting me try to absorb this information. I was a human alicorn. A human with the powers of an alicorn. My powers become haywire if my emotions reach a high enough point. For now, that included control over plants and some cloud walking. It could get more powerful as time wore on.

Some of the things I know about alicorns, based on what I learned from Mia and Twilight, is that they are basically immortal. It takes a lot to kill them. That’s a plus, I guess. They have aspects of all three pony tribes; unicorn, pegasus, and earth. They’re always powerful in their field. Those effects might take some trial and error to determine the dangers. My special talent was helping, being a Traveller was literally all I had.

Being an alicorn could have an effect on my other Travels. Some of my lives are supposed to be of perfectly normal people in a magic-free world, spontaneous plant growth won’t help. There are very few worlds where being an immortal horse is a benefit.

Mom and Dad would have a fit. They would demand that the powers be removed from me. It’s impossible, Twilight said the alicorn magic had merged with my Traveler soul. I was as stuck with it as she was, as all the other alicorns were. The immortality might be able to be removed, or at least weakened, but the rest was a big fat no.

I rolled my eyes, already able to see their unhappy expressions.

My ear flicked backwards, suddenly, hearing a small whooshing noise. I glanced over my shoulder to see what could have caused it.

In Ponyville, noises like that weren’t uncommon. It could have been Pinkie, or maybe even one of the Crusaders. Hell, it may have even been a leaf.

But I wasn’t that stupid. I could feel the hairs on my neck stand.

It was actually easier, when being tailed, to let them tail you and then let them corner themselves. So I continued my walk while keeping an ear out, making sure whoever was following me was still there.

I walked three more blocks before ducking into an alley. Once in the alley, I found a hiding spot up in the fire escapes. I trotted inside and waited. I didn’t have to wait long. This guy was an amateur.

A golden yellow pegasus trotted inside. He had a blown back black mane, orange eyes, and a jar of honey for a cutiemark.

Wait…that jar of honey. It looked familiar. Where had I seen that honey had before?

The jar of honey, it was the exact same jar of honey from the beret!

The beret was a gift from River Song, way back when. I had met her in the Library, and started talking with her. It took her awhile, but I eventually got her to reveal the beret. Okay. I admit, I was the one who she had to be convinced.

It was raspberry in color. Inside the hat were four stitchings, which I recognized as my stitch work. There was a some other stitchings, which I later figured out were for me, Lilac, and Darcy.

The only one I couldn’t figure was the fourth stitching. The cartoon jar of honey over a heart. Whoever this stallion was, it was important. I just had to figure out if it was the dangerous type of important or not.

The yellow pegasus looked around the alley before I pounced him. I leapt down from fire escape, grabbing the surprised stallion’s shoulders. Before he could fight back, I pushed him up against the wall.

There was a loud thud. The stallion momentarily fought against me, until he got a good look at me. I used one hoof to keep him down, the other I kept back to use as a fist.

“Who are you and why are you following me?” I asked the stallion.

The stallion looked kinda strong, strong enough to best me in a fight but weak enough for me to do the same. I hoped that I had the upper hoof right now.

His eyes got all glossy for a moment, a back slap fixed that.

“Tell me why you were following me before I get mad.” I nearly growled. When I get messages from myself I take them seriously.

The yellow pegasus just stared at me, shocked. “My n-name... uhh...is...B-Bumblebee. Yeah. Bumblebee. That’s my name.”

Rolling my eyes, I pushed harder onto his neck. It can’t be as stupid as that.

“I know a fake name when I hear one. Who. Are. You!” I said angrily into his face. He was starting to look terrified.

“My name is Bumblebee!”

It was obvious he wasn’t gonna talk or tell me his real name anytime soon. Whoever had trained him, trained him good and I have too much stuff to do to interrogate him. I backed away from the yellow pegasus, letting him fall to the grassy floor. He coughed a couple times before looking up at me.

“Don’t follow me.” My dark pink wings flared and I shot up into the sky. I’m glad I learned how to fly from Rainbow Dash.

Hearing the sounds of wings flapping, I looked back to see Bumblebee chasing after me.

“Wow, I cut off his air for too long.” I groaned. “That actually worked.”

Stopping mid-flight and resting on a cloud. I nonchalantly looked down at my hooves. He flew right on by, making me laugh.
After the dumbass realized that he was no longer chasing me, he flew back to the cloud I was on. He was hesitant, as if realizing that I saw him as an idiot.

“Look,” I started “From what I can tell, you aren’t gonna leave me be until I listen to you. So, start talking.”

Bumblebee nodded, moving a cloud next to mine. He fumbled with his golden hooves before turning to me with his orange eyes.

“I was following you…because… I wanted to know if you wanted to go out sometime. Not that I would have to build up courage, I was just waiting for you to be ready for it.”

“Uh-huh. Right, of course.” I said in a serious tone. Clearly, this ‘Bumblebee’ had a bit of an ego.

“So, you wanna go out sometime?” ‘Bumblebee’ asked.

I blinked. This seemed a bit surprising, and out of left field. “What?” I asked, flinching back a bit in confusion.

‘Bumblebee’ held up his hooves, as if to calm me down. “Hold on. Just one date.”

“A date with a guy stalking me?” I pointed the flaw in his logic.

‘Bumblebee’ paused. “Good point. When you say it like that, it’s bad.” I was about to say more, but he held his gives up again. “Hear me out.”

“One minute, and then I throw you.” I warned.

The Pegasus nodded. “One date. It goes sour, and we go different ways and never look back.” He explained. I was staring at him in shock. “Come on. One date, and then you’ll never see me again.”

I had to admit, never seeing him again would be a highlight, but at the same time Future Me sent me a message with his cutie mark. This date could help me figure out what to do with those powers, or maybe even help my feud with Seth.

Plus, I needed to know who he really was. The fake name would only get me so far. The closer I got to ‘Bumblebee’ the closer I would get to an answer, and find out who really sent him after me.

Woah. Hold on. Maybe I’m too paranoid. Next I’ll start saying Seth sent this guy after me. I probably need to relax, which would be good under my new circumstances. A relaxing Saturday. It was a bit much to ask in Ponyville. Anything to get my mind off the feud. You always get inspiration where you least expect it, as they say.

So I answered. “Sure.”

The yellow pegasus looked stunned for a moment, but a quick shake of his head made him show a confident smirk.

“Great. You free this Friday?” He asked me.

“No. I’m expensive.” I snarked.

‘Bumblebee’ laughed. “I’ll take that as a yes. See ya at seven.” He said before flying off.

“How do you know where I live?” I called after him.

I was there for a minute and watching him fly off before I realized something. I was almost 200 years old… and this was my first date. Wherever Darcy was, I’m sure she’s laughing at me.

Author's Note:

Yeah! Another chapter! Suspense! Tension! Humor! None of these are in my story.
I can't say when the next one is coming. Sorry. Please enjoy this.
And, if you want, tell me your favorite part of any of the stories in this Series. I live for feedback! You guys are killing me over here.
Comment, like, and favorite! Also, read the other stories (DMLE and DMLB) or this one will make even less sense!