• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 1,802 Views, 92 Comments

The Day My Life Continued - Authora97



Now you know how I began. You know how my life ended. Now it's time for you to see how it continued.

  • ...
21
 92
 1,802

Chapter Two

“And… how long has she been like this?”

“Two days.”

“What?! Why did you wait so long to get me!”

“I didn’t. That’s how long it took for me to find a willing Traveler to come get you.”

The urge to groan was strong. I was looking inside Morgan’s ‘home’. A small hut placed in her parent’s backyard, not really a house in my opinion. She had locked herself inside it according to Lilac, not taking any food or water. It was like Morgan Spencer didn’t exist to the world. I think that’s how she wanted it.

But not this time.

“Is Mom gonna be okay?” Lilac asked me, a worried expression on her face and in her eyes.

Gently patting the eight year old on the back, I smiled. “Of course she is. You wait here.”

“O-okay Miss Twilight.”

I marched right up to the door to the Hut and banged on the door. “Morgan! Open this door!” I ordered.

The sounds of shuffling could be heard. “No!”

“You’ve been inside this shack-

“Hut!”

“This hut for two days! You need the sunlight, you need some food, and you just plain need help.” I told her. “So come outside!”

“Sparkle of Twilight, I am not coming outside and that is final!”

I groaned loudly. This girl was more stubborn than Applejack. “Don’t make me use magic on you again.” I warned the teenager.

“Ha! Try it!”

Well, what kind of friend would I be if I ignored her request? My humans hands glowed with a pink-purple glow, soon it built to surround my whole body. One bright flash later and I was standing inside the hut, my back to the door.

“You asked.” I told the unseen Morgan. It didn’t take long to find her.

The Hut was very small. It was large enough to fit Morgan’s bed, Lilac’s bed and a mini fridge. The rest of the place was covered in Morgan’s old clothes and somehow old carpeting. The walls were the only thing I knew the princess had no control over since Lilac painted them.

Said princess was hiding under her covers, thinking it was protecting her from reality. ‘To help my friend,’ I told myself. The blanket glowed with my magic and was ripped up, making me gasp to see the figure beneath.

Morgan was a visual wreck. Her hair, which was already crazy by normal standards, had split ends and possible knots all over. Her face shone with tears, drool and mucus. She was holding onto a blue teddy bear close to herself. Tissue boxes were all around Morgan, the tissues were practically being a second blanket.

My friend sniffled. “…hey…” She whispered.

I stood there in shock. I haven’t seen Morgan this bad since Lilac went to the Dragon Migration. Even when Darcy had died the second time, I hadn’t seen her like this.

“Morgan…what happened?” I asked, crouching down and taking a tissue in my magic to try and clean her face.

“Nothing. Stubbed my toe on a table.” Morgan grumbled.

“Morgan, we’ve been friends for three years. I’ve learned to pick up when you are lying.” I told her. The black haired girl clutched the bear tighter. “Will you tell me what’s wrong? You’re worrying Lilac.”

Her demeanor slowly changed from pain to worry. “I am?” I nodded, some of my navy blue hair falling towards my face. “Oh.”

I tried to gain eye contact with Morgan, but she turned herself over. I sighed. “Morgan, come on. You have to tell me eventually.”

The girl was silent.

“Please, Morgan, please tell me what’s wrong.” I pleaded, my eyes starting to water.

The girl was still. Sighing again, I lifted myself up.

“It started when I was ten.”

I sat myself back down.

Morgan slowly sat herself back up, rubbing her elbows slowly. She never looked at me. “You know the most of it. I found out about Traveling on my tenth birthday. You probably remember what Anna, my friend, told you about when I told my classmates.”

Concentrating, I remembered back to when I had met Anna Bellingham. She had explained, briefly, how Morgan had been mocked as a child. I remember at one point the teenager said Morgan’s arm had been broken.

The black haired girl scratched the back of her head. “Yeah. It was not an enjoyable experience. They made a lot of insults at me. A couple they thought I wasn’t listening, but I was. A few others were very direct about it. Humiliating me in public.” Morgan wiped her tear filled eyes. “Many a night I spent in tears. Sometimes, I couldn’t even make it back home to cry.”

I rubbed her shoulder. “Morgan...”

“So, if it got to a point where if I had to, I ran into the restroom and cried. Either until a teacher came to get me, or I stopped.” The teen moved about in her bed, avoiding my eyes. “One time, I even remember I just ran out of the room almost in tears. I cried in that closet for ten minutes.

“But that, that wasn’t the worst day. The worst, the worst fucking day of my life was when that bastard William Hobertson and that motherfucker Seth Brown, pushed me down two flights of stairs.

“I landed on concrete, Sparkle of Twilight, concrete. I had to go the hospital and get stitches, and a cast. For a month, I had to look at what they did to me. For the first time, I had physical proof I was being bullied. I was too much of a coward to tell anybody, and they knew it.” Morgan admitted.

My friend wiped her eyes again. She sat up and started speaking fiercely. “Can you imagine how I reacted when Seth walked into my office? How many emotions I had buried from almost a century suddenly come up and explode?! To find out he not only knew what I was, but that he was a bigger jerk about it because I did it before him?!” She burst into tears, crying into her pillow and clutching that teddy bear like her life depended on it.

I patted her back. “I’m sorry, Morgan. And is that why you locked yourself in here?”

Morgan nodded. She calmed her tears down, wiping them away with her blanket and pillow.

“Oh, Morgan. This isn’t healthy! At the very least, you need to take a shower! Rarity would faint if she saw this place!”

Morgan chuckled, which was weird to hear amongst her tears. “Yeah. She probably would. Pinkie would try throwing me a party.”

I let out a small laugh. “She has been trying to convince Lila to bring her here...” I mentioned.

My friend sniffled. “It’s just...I try. I try so hard and it always falls apart. I tried making friends, I tried getting you and our friends home.” She sniffled again, hiccuping too. “I tried saving Darce. More times than that whor-” Morgan paused, her face in a grimace. She had been cutting back on her swearing as of late. “-girl deserved. I just wanted things to be good. Not perfect, not great, since I know that there is no such thing as a perfect day, but good.

“All I wanted was a happy ending. Is that too much? One stupid happily ever after. I’ve lost friends over my lifetimes. I’ve lost them. I’ve seen others get everything they ever wanted. What do I get? I get everybody who could possibly understand me turning on me!” Morgan sniffled. “They all think I’m some stupid ten year old kid who can’t carve a shank out of her toothbrush!”

“Ye-what?” I asked.

“But that’s not even the worst! Some people think I’m a slut! Or a delusional madwoman who is going to kill everybody the second they blink. And Tracy, the witch that she is, is trying to control my life! She keeps trying to tell me that I’m not performing my duties as a Traveler Royal.

“And my family, don’t even get me started on my family!” The amber eyed teen groaned.

“I wo-” Morgan interrupted me.

“They hate me! I know they do. Once they found out I had been keeping this secret, it’s like every time I turn around I see them! They always ask me where I went once I get back! They make sure I’m being some goodie two shoes. It’s like the don’t trust me anymore. They all hate me. Every last one of them. Stupid jerks.

“So, is there any question as to why I decided to lock myself up in this place?” Morgan finally said.

I blinked. “Uhh...” I said nervously. “How long have you kept that all...in?”

The Traveler sighed. “Since I was ten, I guess.”

I blinked once more. “Wow. That is really unhealthy.”

Morgan chuckled. “Yeah. It’s not great.”

“You should really talk to him about that.” My hand reached out to her, taking a firm grip on her knee. “If you talk through your problems, you can work it out.”

Morgan scoffed. Her angry face faded, and she clutched that bear even tighter. She looked around her hut before her eyes landed on me. “When did you get so optimistic?”

I smiled kindly. “When you taught me to be.”

Morgan gave a sad laugh. Her eyes watered. “Sparkle of Twilight, I can’t even look at him. It hurts too much.”

With that, I knew what I had to do. Like Morgan, sometimes you have to be drastic to get your point across.


Morgan


The office had been reset to it’s original look. Gray walls, no bed, and very few additives. For the most part I had keeping it cool looking, but this fit my current mood. I’ll probably remodel it tomorrow, stupid teenage mood swings.

It’s all so much more simpler when I’m Raspberry Stardust. Raspberry is a confident, easy going Princess. She watches over her daughter without being ridiculed by her peers. She would hang out with her friends and not have to hide.

Morgan Spencer can’t. Morgan Spencer was weak, put down teenager. She has panic attacks, she has nightmares, she can’t look after her daughter without being criticized. She lost her sister, killed all those people, and put her family in danger. Morgan Spencer was a loser. Raspberry Stardust was a princess.

I would love nothing more than to go to Equestria with Lilac and stay there for weeks and weeks, but I can’t. In all honestly, it was a month until my birthday. My 16th/200th birthday. I have aged only four Morgan years in seven human months, the lowest I’ve had in years. I managed to synchronize the days here with the days in Equestria, and I wanted to spend some of my birthday there. Maybe even see Mia again.

Tracy told (ordered) me to finish some of the paperwork on the new people, and read up on the Traveler laws. Not very many, to be honest. They were boring compared to mine.

I did get some good news. Lila had made the paper work! It can send messages from beyond our dimensions! It smurfing worked! That made my day.

Lila had called me into the office after that, saying she had wanted to show me how it all worked. It was fairly simple. It was actually worked inside two different books. The best way to explain it is like two cans connected on a string.

It’s actually nothing like that, but if it helps. They were closer to text messaging in book form, but not messages in a bottle. I was so proud of myself for finally getting it right!

“Morgan?” A voice spoke up.

I looked up towards my door. I was back in my office, updating my Plan for Equestria Girls. Twilight was standing in the door frame, looking in with apprehension. Our talk earlier didn’t help the awkwardness, but I knew one thing that would.

“Sparkle of Twilight!” I cheered, standing up from my rolling chair. I ran up to her, grabbing one of the books and handing it to her. “Look at what we made!”

It was a small-ish journal. Eight and a half inches long and six inches wide. It had little double-rings on the side keeping it all together. The front cover was hard, with little inch big circles in various colors and inner patterns. The background was white and a special kind of sparkles that didn’t get on your fingers no matter how hard you scratched it. The back cover was the same, but without sparkles.

Twilight looked down at the book, confused. “A...journal?”

“A journal, that can send messages through the universal walls of our reality!” I explained excitedly.

Her purple eyes widened. She started walking out of the room, and I followed her. I guess she had wanted to show me something of her own. “How can it do that?”

“Okay, I explained texting right?” I asked Twilight.

My fellow Princess nodded. “Text messaging, or texting, is the act of composing and sending brief, electronic messages between two or more mobile phones, or fixed or portable devices over a phone network.” Wow, that was almost straight out of a dictionary. Of course it was, Twilight always paid close attention to humans.

“It has that same principle. This is one of two journals, the other is back in my office.” I explained, pointing at the sparkly journal she held. Twilight guided me into the elevator, and I joyously walked in. She pressed one of the buttons and we started going down. “One person writes in the first journal, and it appears in the second.”

“But, texting required satellites so the message can actually go through.” Twilight pointed out. The doors opened on the second floor, so I continued walking with Twilight. The scholar was a fast learner of the human world. “That’s why you need a signal. You explained. The phone network.”

I nodded. “For the journals, that satellite is the dimensional wall. Lilac’s fire acts as a send button, so the message actually goes out. Then it works itself through the walls of our reality, to the receiving journal.”

Twilight slowly nodded. She looked down at the book as she absorbed the knowledge. I was just bursting. I always liked it when those things worked. My Plans, brilliant Plans. This was going to be so great if I could use it as I intended!

She guided me down a hallway. Maybe she wanted to continue our talk this morning. I hope not. I never really liked it when people saw me like that. Kinda of a traumatic experience from when I was a kid.

It was one of the few events Seth didn’t orchestrate. It was another random kid, and I was in third grade. I had burst into tears in class, he called me out on it, and I ran away. Horrible feelings.

I got him back, though. Oh, I got him back.

Twilight stopped by a door, starting to look excited at the book. “So, it’s like texting, but with journals?”

I nodded, starting to shake I was so excited. “Yes!”

Twilight confusedly look up at me. “Why would you make that?”

“It’s for the thing coming up soon-the Princess Summit.” I revealed.

Her purple eyes widened. She groaned, face palming. “I don’t know why I’m surprised.” I laughed. “We can’t have a normal event, can we?”

I shook my head. “Don’t think normal can exist for you, Princess Twilight.”

My friend rolled her eyes. She nervously looked to the door, wringing her fingers. “Um, hey Morgan, can we talk in private?”

I sighed. “I wondered you brought me here.”

Twilight nodded. She opened the door. “Just step inside.”

“Is this an intervention?” I jokingly asked, but with a bit of worry.

Twilight stared at me, sad determination in her eyes. “Yes.”

Her hands started to have that familiar magical glow. My eyes widened once I had that strange sensation of being lifted in Twilight’s Magic. She lifted me into the room, and I saw why she was using her magic.

In the corner of the room, sitting there looking brown out of his mind, was Seth Brown.

“Sparkle of Twilight, you let me out of this room right now!” I ordered, trying to fight off the purple/pink glow on my body.

Twilight shook her head. “Not until you and Seth get along!” She argued. “I made this room unable to be escaped by you. I made a spell to counteract your newer traveling ability to travel without a focus. The air vents is too small to fit in, and as you can see there are no windows. You’re stuck here until you two work this out. I’m sorry, Morgan, but you’ll thank me for this later.”

I glared at Seth, hatefully. “Not gonna happen.”

“Then you are going to be in there for a long time.” Twilight stated.

The door glowed with her magic, before closing us off from the outside world.


“I’m gonna kill that unicorn.” I growled, five minutes later.

“I know.” Seth droned.

“She is going to die the second she lets me out.” I paced the room, gripping my hair in my anger.

“I know.” Seth droned again.

“Maybe I’ll rip off her horn, and stab her eyeballs with it.” I growled, starting to paw my hands like a supervillain. “And then, I’ll switch around her books in her library. But not a bunch at once. I’ll switch two on each shelf, with two on another shelf, and I’ll do that in the entire library.”

“Woah.” Seth commented. “That one, that one actually sounds mean.”

“That’s just to start.” I ranted. “I’ll do a spell so that it does that every time she puts them back!”

“This is actually starting to creep me out now.” Seth admitted, moving closer to the corner. “I’ll just sit over here.”

I was still angry at Twilight. She locked me in here without any food! I mean, I guess I could trick her and escape if she opened the door for food? No. There’s a hatch on the door. Dang, this unicorn’s been getting smarter since I brought her here.

To stop pacing, I marched over to the corner opposite Seth’s. I know I was being a giant baby about it, but that didn’t matter to me. In the years most crucial to my determination of self worth, that douchebag knocked me down (quite literally). I didn’t have friends because he made everyone think I was a freak, and that was long before I even started Traveling. He would humiliate me in class, cut me out of the games at recess.

Hell, once he even took some of my lunch! That was the equivalent of taking my lunch money! I thank the Story that the lockers were too small to be stuffed in!

Now he was sitting here. In my building, like he didn’t do anything. The bastard came into this building because of what he was, what we were. How dare he call me a freak when he had the same powers! That fucking little hypocritical douchebag!

A part of me had always wanted to see him again, if only to scream my pain at him. Now he was here and I couldn’t look at him. What the hell do you say to your childhood bully? What the fuck are you doing here? Why the hell did you treat me like you did? How was I supposed to survive being pushed down a fucking flight of stairs?!

Crabapples. I’m so angry I’m swearing. That’s a little embarrassing.

I took a breath, trying to calm myself down. Screaming at Seth would get me nowhere, especially yelling without a real point. In order to have a proper argument, I would need to start small and work my way up.

“How’s Oakley?” I tried.

Seth seemed a bit relieved, apparently he had expected the yelling. “It’s okay. Not much changed. I mean, it has been weird after your dad left.”

I understood that. Dad used to be the bible teacher, female basketball coach, and pretty much the unofficial guidance counselor. It would be kinda weird once he left.

“How is he?” Seth asked.

I shrugged. “Alright. Principal of a school, math teacher, bible teacher. Not a big change.”

Seth let out a dry laugh. “Yeah. Mr. Spencer was a cool dude.”

“Cooler dad.” I said.

Okay. Friendly small talk. That’s a step in the right direction.

“You had braces.” Seth said suddenly.

I quirked an eyebrow, actually turning to look at him. “What?”

“Back at Oakley, you had braces.” Seth said. “I remember because one time a mom brought caramel apples for her son’s birthday, and you told her that the five kids in class with braces couldn’t eat those.”

I laughed. I remember that. We were in sixth grade, with a class of sixteen, and four other kids were sitting hungry while others ate. The mom had apologized, saying she had forgotten about us. My own mom kinda lectured me later, about how rude my comment was and that I should have just accepted the apple with a smile.

That might’ve been better. The mom would have seen my braces.

“Yeah.” I laughed. “I was good at those, innocent yet sassy comebacks.” I looked at him. “I remember you would always walk to the bathroom on the other side of the school just to get out of art class.”

Seth chuckled. “She was making us do black and white drawings. I can’t draw.”

“Neither can I, but I at least did the class!” I joked.

The two of us laughed. We spent another ten minutes talking about the old days at Oakley. Then, we got to the topic I had been waiting for.

“You were a jerk.” I snapped.

Seth accepted that, seeming a bit relieved yet terrified. “Wow. I expected more screaming.”

“I have a daughter, need to stave off swearing.” I excused myself. “You know, a daughter I had while Traveling, like a Traveler. You get it right?”

Seth sighed.

“Being a Traveler? Isn’t it a wonder? Walking around a completely different universe? Being in a TV show, or a movie? How great is that?” I was starting to growl, rising up from my corner.

“Morgan-”

“I mean, you get it right?” I argued. “TV shows are the best! Seeing your favorite characters in screen? Nothing freaky about that!”

Seth flinched. “Morgan, come on-”

“What’s wrong, Seth? You’re acting freaky.” I snapped. “Don’t you like traveling, and knowing other people can do it?”

“I haven’t Traveled!” Seth shouted.

My argument stopped.

Seth looked seething. “My parents have tried seeing if I can Travel at all, but they can’t bring me with them. I can’t Travel and I’m almost seventeen years old!”

I blinked. That was actually a very big deal over here. Lila herself was fourteen when she Traveled, Katelynn was fifteen, and I was ten. Danielle was eleven. Seth being seventeen and not going anywhere was a shameful. His parents not being able to take him along meant that he could Travel, just not enough to actually go there.

As if our old rivalry wasn’t bad enough. I was basically a nobody, made a princess because I was a prodigy, and I wiped out the previous regime, and he was the eldest person in his family and still hasn’t Traveled. It was kinda, cliche, in a weird way. He was jealous.

It didn’t really justify what he was doing. Not even close. The only thing it did was help me to better understand him. Here I was, a random girl in his class, ten years old, screaming that I had Traveled. It might have been a bit maddening. It would explain an occasional hateful word or spat.

It does not explain why he shoved me down the stairs. At this point I don’t completely care about the words. I was a freak, and that made me more awesome. I was a weirdo, and that made me an original. I had no friends, but I didn’t need shitty friends like they were.

No. Those stairs could have killed me. Seth tried to murder me. If the teacher hadn’t heard the screams of the others, I might not really be here. That’s scared me more than anything he did. To think your life lied in someone else’s hands, whether or not you lived or died. It keeps you quiet.

Not anymore. I’ve been a cop for some of my almost two hundred years. I had been face to face with George Foyet, and that fucker is messed up. I have felt too often the fear of having someone control my life.

“And what? You want my pity?” I snapped at him. “Boohoo, poor Seth Brown can’t Travel yet. That makes my entire screwed over childhood better. It was all my fault, accepting Danielle’s soul when I was baby. Maybe I was better off dead.”

“That’s not what I’m saying.” Seth argued, through hissed teeth. “You should have just kept your mouth shut! Seriously, did you ever see those alien movies? Did you see ET? Or any movie where they hurt the weirder thing?”

“Saw it?” I scoffed angrily. “I lived it!”

Seth glared. “Ever heard of humility? Keeping your damn mouth shut?”

“I was ten! What ten year old would shut up about finding out they had superpowers!” I asked. “The only ones I can think of were told ahead of time that it would break rules if they said anything.”

Seth grunted in annoyance. He stood up and walked a few steps closer to me. “You know, you were always a snobby brat. You were practically screaming that you were better than anybody else, just because you had super powers!”

“I was trying to get a friend!” I shouted. “Because you and all those others kids hated me! I thought making myself interesting would get one of you to like me!”

“Well, it didn’t.” Seth spat. “It made you the school freak. Look at the bright side, at least now you were interesting!”

I huffed. “I don’t know what Twilight was thinking. We’re never going to be friends.”

“Fine by me.” Seth said, storming off to his corner.

Oh, now I was fuming. “You pushed me down twenty feet of stairs, bullied me for seven years, and made me feel like a freak. Revenge is best served cold. So, Seth Brown, beware.” I pointed a warning finger at him. “Cause I owe you a fall.”

To prove my point, I whistled the sound of a fall. My hand slowly fell in tune with the music until I made the sound of a crash.

I had given these people too many of my tears, I had given them too much power over me. I am done. I am just done with them! Seth thought he had dealt with me when we were kids, that he had won some big fight.

Today a war starts, when it ends depends on when my vengeance is earned.

Author's Note:

Ooh. Drama! More in Part Three!
Comment, like and favorite all three stories!