• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 1,802 Views, 92 Comments

The Day My Life Continued - Authora97



Now you know how I began. You know how my life ended. Now it's time for you to see how it continued.

  • ...
21
 92
 1,802

Chapter Twenty-Seven

The party was coming to a close. The twins said it was nearly midnight, and they wanted everyone not immediate family or a close friend to leave. A lot of the guests left.

Except in one little room, far above the party, where two people waited.


==DMLC==


“Yes Cookie. Bedtime.”

“I don’t wanna!” Cookie complained. She fidgeted in my arms, rolling around to escape.

Little did she know I fought a dragon and a serial killer into the same way. My arms tightened around her, holding her in place while I carried her to a bed. She and Lilac would be sleeping in my office while we finished up the party.

Thorax was walking beside me in his Equestrian changeling form. Lilac was on his back, eyes blinking slowly. She probably wasn’t tired, but all the sugar she’d eaten tonight was coming in for a crash.

Pity it wasn’t happening to Cookie yet.

“There is still party!” Cookie whined.

“It’s a grown-up party now.” I told her. “And past your bedtime.”

“I no wanna!”

“You stayed up late enough for the party already. Your bedtime was an hour ago.” I explained to her, while Thorax opened the door.

“No!” Cookie snapped.

I flicked my wrist, changning the room. It looked like my usual office, onnly with two small beds instead of a couch. Thorax moved Lilac to one of the beds, while I continued to drag Cookie to the other one.

“Wanna stay at Morgan party!” Cookie screamed.

“Mama is Morgan, and she’s saying you need to sleep.” I said before dropping Cookie on the bed. Before she could fly away I jumped over her. Lilac rolled her eyes from her bed.

“That’s stupid!” Cookie yelled.

“Don’t care. Time to sle-”

“You don’t have the same name when you go to Equestria!” Cookie argued, slamming her fists on the bed. “Why does Mister Logan get to keep his name?”

Thorax tensed.

“Where did you hear that name?” I asked her, serious.

Cookie whined. “Nana and Miss Tracy were saying it. Mama I don’t wanna sleep!”

“Alright. I won’t make you sleep.” I lifted my hands away from Cookie. She flopped down on the bed, exhausted. “Just tell Mama what Nana and Miss Tracy were saying about Logan.”

“That his name was funny.” Cookie answered, tiredly. All the arguing had wiped her out. “That it was the same all of the times.”

Thorax sat up. Lilac with him. “Babe, didn’t you say your name was different everywhere?”

I nodded, vaguely stunned. “It’s...it’s supposed to be. Sometimes I say my real name anyway.”

“You didn’t have the same name when you were...her.” Lilac added.

I winced. “That’s different too. She...she thought Morgan Spencer was everything good. The name she picked, it was everything dark and evil.”

“Couldn’t Mister Logan do the same thing?” Cookie asked. She rubbed at her eyes, flopping on the pillows again. “Cause...cause that Seth kid is a bully. If I was gonna be a bad guy, I’d say I was him, so then everybody would go to him but really it was me.” I blinked at her. “I’m a-” She yawned. “-smart cookie.” She started snoring.

Thorax came up behind me. “Babe.”

“Yeah?”

“You adopted a genius.”

“Yep.” Climbing out of the bed, I ran to my desk.


==DMLC==


In that one little room, someone screamed.


==DMLC==


Thorax stood by my side as I typed the name in the search bar.

“Why are we looking him up?” Thorax asked.

“Because...something about that name is familiar. Not just from, ya know, all the times I’ve heard it.” I admitted. The search pulled up a ton of results, but only one interested me. “Garfield Logan. I knew I heard that name before.” I turned the laptop to show the screen to Thorax and Lilac.

“Beast Boy?” Lilac read off. She smiled. “He’s awesome!”

I nodded, scrolling down the Google page. “Whoever this guy is, he wanted us going all sorts of directions. My guess is that if Tracy and her team searched this already, they hadn’t thought it of it like I have. Look at this! In the comics, Beast Boy’s called the Changeling when he’s older.” I showed the screen to Lilac. She took the laptop in front of her. “He thought if we looked past Seth, we’d go straight to Thorax. No offence.”

“None taken. I completely understand.” Thorax assured. “It makes sense, anyway.”

“M-Mom.” Lilac shakily spoke up.

“Whoever this guy is, it’s scary how much he thought this out.” I went on.

“Mom, look who Beast Boy’s voiced by.” Lilac moved it back to me.

I leaned forward, taking a look at where Lilac was pointing.

Something sunk in my chest, my heart or my lungs or both.

“Cipes.”


==DMLC==


In that little room, the second person laughed madly. His brown eyes shifting into black.


==DMLC==


The laptop was shut down. I was searching my desk for any weapon that I could use.

“Thorax, tell every guard you see to be on high alert for...for Jimmy.” I gulped, finding a knife hidden in a drawer. It wasn’t much but it would have to do. “Lilac, stay here. Make sure your sister stays asleep. I’m locking the door behind me and Thorax.”

Lilac nodded, swallowing heavily.

“What are you going to do?” Thorax asked me. “You’re not going after this guy, are you?”

“This is my...this is my fault. I don’t have a choice.” I argued. This didn’t make me happy either. But it needed to be done.

“You have plenty of choices.” Thorax argued. “None of them include confronting him head on.”

“This is my fight, Thorax.” I repeated.

“He took my sister. That makes this my fight too.” Thorax reminded me, glaring with an anger that I had never seen on him before. That fight we had, in the hive, made him look relaxed compared to this. “I’m going to help.”

There would be no convincing him about this...so I came up with a quick plan. “Fine. Go get my sister. Tell her about the dungeons in the basement. There are whole levels to that place, she’ll be somewhere down there.” I instructed.

As I walked to the door, I heard Thorax say “You have a dungeon? Why is that so unsurprising? I should be concerned.”


==DMLC==


Darcy met Thorax and I downstairs.

“I searched the party and the toilets. He’s not there.” Daddy reported.

I nodded. “Alright. You and Thorax-”

“Wait I should check the stallion’s room.” Thorax suggested.

Darcy and I gave him a matching confused look.

Thorax stared back. “What?”

“I said I checked the bathrooms.” Darcy reminded.

My coltfriend stared. “You went in the stallion’s room? But...but you’re a girl! Why would you go in there?” Darcy grinned, flirty.

“We have bigger issues than my sister’s sex life!” I argued. The two stopped, one to gawk and one to preen. “Darcy, go with Thorax and check the dungeon. I’ll follow after telling Tracy off for talking about this in front of Cookie.”

Darcy nodded her head. She pooped her arm around Thorax’s. “Come on, boytoy. Let’s go see the dungeon!”

“Again- She has a dungeon?” Thorax asked. They tried to walk away, only for Thorax to look at me. “Morgan. Why am I going with your sister and not you?”

“Because I will be a bitch right now, and I can’t promise I can protect you from the bitch.” Was my answer. “Garfield Logan has taken over-”

“Hold the fuck up.” Darby stepped in. “What does this have to do with Garfield Loga? You said we were looking for Jimmy.”

“Apparently they’re the same person.” I shrugged, tiredly. “You’re kinda killing the mojo, sis.”

“That bitch!” Darcy stomped her foot. “That little- ugh I’m gonna kill him!”

“Darcy.” I began. “Do you...know him?”

“Hell yeah I know that tiger cunt!” Darcy snapped. She had her hands in fists, punching the wall beside her. “I spent a year hunting him in Doctor Who. Remember when we went when you turned 180?”

“And you never mentioned it!?” I yelled.

Thorax was looking more confused.

“That team told me not to!” Darcy admitted. “That telling you fucked up the timeline!”

“Then fuck it up!” I ordered her. “Right now!”

“He’s fucked up your memory- a lot.” Darcy reported. “Because you told them about him, when you were.Terra Two. According to them, he was with you on the Game Station.”

“Oh that cunt.” That game I couldn’t remember, that I knew I had lived because my leg had been sprained and I had been crying. The Doctor had mentioned somethings after, some things that didn’t make sense but looking back it was obvious he was talking about Logan. He even name dropped the fucker. So now I need to ask the Doctor everything he remembers about Logan, because that is going to make the memory of killing Logan feel that much sweeter.

“Right!? Drax said you played a fucked up kind of Deal or No Deal-“ Darcy stopped, turning to Thorax. “Holy shit. Thorax. Drax. D-rax. That’s not-hehe-that’s not even funny.”

“Darcy!” I snapped. “Deal or No Deal?”

She was still looking at Thorax, looking over his human body. “You had to choose one of your friends to kill. Future, present, and past.” Darcy reported. “This is trippy. You even look like your human self. You said you were an alien but...now I know that’s a fucking lie.”

“Uhh...what’s she saying?” Thorax asked me.

“You come with me to another world in the future. Time travel is weird. Who did I kill in that game?” I asked Darcy.

She winced. “They wouldn’t say. Only that it was in the past.”

“That cunt.” I stomped my foot. “Now he dies twice!”

Darcy cheered in agreement.

“Find him. If he’s in the dungeon, keep him there. Darce I don’t care how many bones are broken, just leave him alive for me.”

She saluted. “Copy.”

“Thorax, use of magic is allowed to beat him bloody. If you need help, Darcy can give pointers on the beatings.”

My colt friend looked to my sister. She was grinning. “I’ve gotten very good at offensive spells.”

“Like...fighting?”

“Those too.”

“Why’re you still in my sight?” I snapped. Darcy saluted again, grabbing Thorax’s arm to drag him towards the dungeon. I turned on my feet, walking towards the party. “I’m gonna kill Tracy first. Bringing this up in front of my baby. Ugh she is dead! I’ll adopt Mack. That’s a good kid. She’s friends with Lilac, it’ll all work out.”

My phone vibrated with a text, just as they turned a corner to the dungeons.

The ID said it was from Jimmy.

‘I’m waiting at your biggest regret.’

‘Better hurry. Katelynn here is getting less fun.’


==DMLC==


Darcy opened the door to the dungeons. It was heavy and metal, and it squeaked with disuse. Clearly no one had fixed the hinges from the last time the dungeons had been used (meaning January, when Darcy and Morgan’s friends and been imprisoned).

Thorax winced at the sound. “I still don’t get it.”

“The Whoiverse. Doctor Who-universe. For the geeks that like it, it makes sense.” Darcy explained again.

Thorax nodded. “Right...okay...but why was I there?”

“Because Morgue brought you.” Darcy walked into the dungeon, since it was clear Thorax wasn’t going first. “Hey use your magic. Give us some light.”

Thorax lit up his hands. The blue magic shined like a flashlight down the hall. “Yeah but why would she bring me there?”

“Because she loves you? I don’t fucking know.” Darcy shrugged. She turned down a hallway. “She brought me cause I was there. She saw my future self.”

“But how did she know to bring your future self?”

“Because she saw it.”

“That’s...”

“Told you. Time travel is fucked up.”

Thorax huffed. He shined the light behind them, checking for any sign of life in the cells they were starting to pass. “I’m starting to get that...what did you say my name was?”

“Drax.”

“...that’s stupid.”

“Right!?”

“Why did I need a fake name?”

“The some reason Morgue and I did. Names have power, yeah? If the wrong people had our names, things would go to shit.” Darcy explained. “Shine a light there. I think I free something.”

“It’s a rag.” Thorax remarked, shining the light. “Gah What is that smell?”

“The rag.” Darcy answered. “That’s the rag they soaked my blood with! I remember that. What’s it doing up here?”

“Decomposing, let’s go.” Thorax states. He walked past Darcy. “What was your fake name?”

“Gamora.” Thorax snorted. “Shut up. Morgue had Terra Johnson. Hers is dumber.”

“Mora-nnoying than yours? Wait you said dumber.”

“...so that’s why she loves you.”


==DMLC==


I opened the door to Dominic’s office. It was pitch darkness, the only light coming from the hall as I opened the door. Even then, the light didn’t show anything besides a wall.

“Took you long enough.” Jimmy’s voice scolded me.

“I know.” I turned to the chair. It spun around. “Oh author.”

In the chair, Katelynn sat with a stab wound in her chest.

@

Author's Note:

Sorry! I was supposed to have this up for Christmas, but the internet in Africa is awful. Family vacations, ya know?