• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 1,802 Views, 92 Comments

The Day My Life Continued - Authora97



Now you know how I began. You know how my life ended. Now it's time for you to see how it continued.

  • ...
21
 92
 1,802

Chapter Eleven (Revised)

Author's Note:

I know I already posted this chapter, but I don't know if anyone saw my blog post that I made changes. This was the original chapter, and I cut out the end scene because I wanted the chapter out. Once I had it updated, I didn't see a reason not to fix the update.
So, here you go. It's mostly the same until about the halfway point.

“Jump up, make a sound! Stomp your hooves, turn around! Start now, make a change! Canterlot Wondercolts, help her win the crown!”

“I can’t believe you managed to film all of it.” Twilight said, watching the video from my phone.

I grinned. “And it already has twice the views Sunset’s smear video does.” I said, making the others in our group smile. Closing the phone, I stuffed it into my Canterlot Wondercolts hoodie pocket.

The seven (eight including Spike) were walking down the hallway, completely decked out in blue and gold. Twilight and I were walking at the head of the pack, with the rest spanned out behind us as our entourage.

Twilight wore her outfit as regally as she did her crown. She was being smiled at by the teenagers, with the occasional wave and hello.

We had spent an hour last night choreographing the dance (Pinkie was amazing at this stuff), and then getting uniforms from Rarity. The girls were enthusiastic about the song, which made Twilight hopeful for her crown.

Spike and I stayed in the corner with the music. I spend the five minutes before the cafeteria opened putting up the tiny cameras I had stolen from the Spy Kids movie. I was really proud at how it ended up.

As I said, it has twice the views at Sunset’s video. This was sure to get votes, along with cleaning up the gym later. More than that, it put Twilight in a higher moral position than Sunset. Sunset made smear videos, and got her competitors in trouble, Twilight sang at lunch and brought people together.

I hooked my arm around Twilight’s, patting her hand almost patronizingly. “Sparkle of Twilight, as your campaign manager-”

“Which I never remember us deciding-”

“-I thought it would be a good idea to film it, and let the other kids watch it.” I said, ignoring her complaint. It made Twilight and Spike roll their eyes, smiling. “In elections, you need to get the students aware about you, and your campaign.”

Twilight nodded. “So, the video will be seen by anyone who wasn’t in the kitchen. They’ll see it and vote for me.”

“Learning you are.” I said in a Yoda impression. Twilight didn’t react to it, Pinkie and Spike snickered though. I guess this Pinkie liked Star Wars too. “Once enough people see it, your victory is a shoe in. If not, I have a plan in the works to ensure a landslide.”

Twilight eyed me suspiciously. I smiled, mischievously. “It’s legal.” I assured. The girls just smiled.

“Is it safe?” Twilight argued.

“It’s legal.”

Twilight groaned, face palming. Spike and I laughed. “Sparkle of Twilight, chill. If all goes right, Sunset will have done most of the work herself.”

“Alright. I trust you, Raspberry.” My friend said, holding her backpack tighter with her free hand.

“A poor choice, really.” I joked, grinning. Twilight rolled her eyes, lightly shoving me away. It was enough to free her from my grasp.

There was silence for a minute or so, until Rarity nearly burst with excitement. “Doesn’t everyone look just fabulous?”

Twilight smiled. “It was a great idea, Rarity!”

The fashionista beamed at the praise.

The hallway suddenly fell into an uneasy quiet. A quick look down the hall showed Sunset, strutting our way. Snips and Snails were behind her, acting as the muscle. There was a dark look in Sunset’s mint green eyes, though it only made me smile back.

“Don’t know what she’s smilin’ about. Twilight’s the one that’s gonna be Princess of the Fall Formal.” Applejack said, irritated.

I winked at the ex-unicorn as she was past us, looping my arm around Twilight’s. ‘Good luck beating us both.’ Sunset’s confident smirk changed into a worried frown, though I knew it was all for her act. She knocked on VP Luna’s door. All I had to do was wait.


Not even five minutes had gone by when VP Luna had asked Twilight into her office. I sat on the floor by the door, waiting for Flash to come running. Cookie crawled out of the bag, happily chewing on her toy.

The calico kitten turned to me, smiling brightly as the toy squeaked.

“Lilac is gonna love you.” I thought out loud. Cookie titled her head. “That’s right, I haven’t you much about her have I?”

Cookie ran into my lap. I slouched against the wall, brushing on her soft fur.

“She’s my daughter. I know, I know, I look young. Don’t give me that look, I’m almost 200 years old. Anyway, Lilac’s only ten years old-again stop giving me that look- so she doesn’t know all of what I do yet. I tried being a good mom, but I don’t think it’s working.”

Cookie purred a negative.

“If you knew what I’ve done to her, you wouldn’t be purring that.” I sighed. “I’ve let her be used as bait, let dragons trick her into turning into a monster, let Vikings use her as a compass-okay you give me that look one more time you go back in the Bag-, and she’s not allowed in my church anymore because everyone thinks she’s an angel or demon or something.” I explained, rubbing at the vein in my forehead.

I think Darcy called this one Thomas, or was it Sam? I can never remember.

“She helped me Plan what to do here, and she was amazing at it.” I said, full of pride for her. “You should’ve seen her, Cookie, it was like she had been doing it since she was hatched.”

Cookie hopped out of my legs, going to her toy. I laughed under my breath, she hadn’t wanted to be put back in the Bag I guess.

“She loves art, and she’s started reading those Nancy Drew books. She has the three best friends a girl could have, way more than I had as a kid.” Cookie tossed the toy at me. I smiled, tossing it to the other side of the hall so we could play fetch. “She’s why I adopted you. You’re a present for her, so that if I ever have to leave her behind like I did this time, at least she’ll have company.”

Cookie brought the mouse toy to me, holding it in her maw. Her green eyes blinked innocently, as if she had no idea what I had been saying. She was all for playtime now.

“Another reason you’ll be a good pet for Lilac.” I commented, throwing the toy again. Cookie dutifully went after it. “You’re an amazing distraction.”

The fifth time she brought the mouse back, Flash came bounding down the hall. I lifted Cookie in the bag, opening the door for him. “Sir Fla-”

He didn’t even let me finish my joke, storming in her office. “Vice Principal Luna. I found these in a trash can in the library.”

I rolled my eyes, smirking. “Whole different ball game.” I joked, leaning against the doorframe.

Flash handed VP Luna a few cut out photos of Twilight failing at soccer. “Thought you should see them.” Luna took the photos, comparing them to the doctored photos of the gym. “Someone obviously combined these photos to make it look like Twilight was the one who trashed the gym.”

Pushing myself off the frame, I walked up to Twilight’s side. She was staring hopefully at VP Luna. “It’s also stands to reason that whoever gave you those photos took part in the conspiracy.” I explained to the vice principal.

Luna looked at me. “You believe so?” I nodded. This news gave her pause. “I appreciate you bringing these to my attention, Flash, Raspberry. In light of this new evidence, you may of course continue your bid to be crowned the Princess of the Fall Formal. While Sunset Shimmer will not.”

I smiled, smugly. Turning my face to Twilight, I saw the realization of what Luna was saying in her purple eyes.

“I told you Sunset would end up doing it to herself.” I said, putting my hands in my pockets in mock humility. “No need to thank me, Sparkle of Twilight.”

“Thank you!” My friend said, though to Flash. I could only grin, seeing the orange human nearly blush under her hug. “You have no idea how important this is to me!”

She blushed, realizing she had poured herself into his arms. She glanced at me, embarrassed. I winked at her.

Flash laughed nervously. Twilight started tugging on a lock of her hair again. “What was I gonna do? Not prove your innocence? Wouldn’t be much of a Canterlot Wondercolt, would I?”

Twilight was blushing. I smiled, my mind already going through ways of getting her a date with Flash the Pegasus.

Luna sighed, rising up from her seat. “I am afraid enough damage has been done to the gym that we will have to postpone the dance until tomorrow night.”

She walked out the door, leaving us alone to realize the problem. “If you will excuse me, I need to let my sister know about this latest development.”

I held out my arm, a bored expression on my face.

“So, uh, I was wondering.” Flash said, nervously. “If you aren’t already going with somebody, wanna go to the Fall Formal with me tomorrow night?”

They maintained eye contact, Twilight’s eyes inflating to nearly cover her whole face. She sighed, happily.

“That would be...”

And just like that, their bubble burst.

Tomorrow night!?” She started panicking, stomping her legs on the ground like she had seen a spider. I braced myself. “No, no-no-no-no-no, no no no no no! Nonononono! I can’t!”

She grabbed her backpack, then my arm. I smiled kind heartedly as she dragged us away.

“The portal! That’ll be too late!” She panicked.

“We’ll talk later, Flash!” I called back to him, not hearing his reply.


Twilight accidentally let go of my hand as she ran down the city streets. I took it slowly, pulling my phone out. There were no notifications, so I had nothing to really do at the moment. It was boring.

It hadn’t taken long to get to the Boutique. A part of me thinks Twilight got lost in her panic, as I saw nobody crowding around her dressing room. Honestly, I can’t take that alicorn anywhere. It was embarrassing.

I pulled my phone out, Flash reminding me of something. It was time to go native.

‘Ya know, there’s gonna be this big dance tonight at the high school I’m surveying. Canterlot High. It’ll blow my cover if I show up without a date.’ I texted Bumblebee.

There wasn’t even a full minute of wait. My phone buzzed (unintentional pun, I swear) with a text in his personalized tone. Not a bee, no, the TARDIS noise. It was my Whovian detector.

‘Oh? Well, in this business we can’t go messing up covers.’ He replied.

‘Messing up the covers is the fun part.’ The Darcy part of my brain supplied. I fought the blush coming to my face.

‘So, whattaya say?’ I bit my lip, nervous. Why did Darcy never tell me how much fun this was? Would I ever get to do with this with Bee? Would I tell him about me, and give him a phone so we could send flirty texts while everyone else was being serious around us?‘Wanna come help me stop a mob boss at homecoming?’

I mean, we had only been dating for a little over a week. Not even Disney went that fast. At the same time...he was so good with Lilac, and he actually took time to figure out what stuff I liked instead of deciding for me. He liked popcorn, which was a deal breaker for me. He could eat ice cream like a boss, and let’s not forget how awkward he had been when meeting me.

There was so much I still didn’t know about him. He had told me some about his family, how they were distant. That was all I knew about him that was personal. What was his real name? What does Bee do for a living? Is it the same thing (or the pony version) that Bumblebee does? Why, of all the mares in Equestria, did he pick me?

Maybe I should ask him more about himself when I got back.

My phone vroom vroomed with a message. ‘Will there be danger?’

‘Definitely.’ I said, seeing Twilight running up.

‘Is there a chance I could die?’ He texted.

I shrugged. My fellow princess ran past me, throwing open the doors of the Boutique. ‘Part of the fun ;)’

I followed her into the building, still staring at my phone. Say what you want about my generation, but the highly skilled can do a lot while also staring at their phone.

‘Sounds like a date ;)’ He replied.

A giddy smile came to my face, and a light hearted laugh. It was that close to be a squeal. There was a high school dance, and I had a date!

I nodded my head towards her stall. “What’s wrong with her?” I asked, feeling chill.

“I don’t know.” Rarity said, baffled. “She just ran right in. She said everything was fine, but.”

My arms went up, in surrender. “Okay. I got this.” I said, walking up to her door. I slouched against it, pressing the side of my face against it.

“...when they find out how different I really am?” Twilight’s voice came through faintly.

A heartbroken frown set in on my face, making me drop to the ground dejectedly. Oh, I hated this part of the movie. It hit too close to home. This was my thought process for whenever I made a close friend, just a few short years ago.

Twilight shouldn’t have had to go through this. No one should. They should know they are accepted always, no matter what they’ve done.

Sunset did this to her. She made Twilight doubt how wonderful a pony she was. The bacon haired bitch was a bully, through and through. I’m already in one feud with one bully, what’s one more?

No. She becomes a good guy once all is said and done. Guess I’ll just have to make do with seeing her evil plan fall apart.

“Twilight, these girls rallied around you ‘cause they saw what was in your heart.” Spike encouraged, warming my heart. “They aren’t gonna feel any differently about you when they find out you’re a pony princess in Equestria.”

“Twilight, I know what you’re going through.” I said, confident that this would be the right thing to share. “Every day I spent in Equestria before you found out, I wondered what you would think of me. That’s always been my biggest fear, that you would find out and hate me.”

“I thought it was tests.” Twilight joked, voice flat.

I smirked, remembering the fear of test thing I told her about when she shared her cutiemark story. “Tests are in the top ten. Fear of not being accepted, that’s gotta be tied for first.”

There was some heavy silence after.

“You have to remember, Sparkle of Twilight. You’re friends accepted me back Home, so these girls should too.” I said, firmly. “You accepted me, and you were the one the biggest problem with me.”

“You told me just the other night that we ruined your life.” Twilight said, sounding like she was about to cry.

“Dearie, let’s be honest. My life sucked long before you seven came along.” I stated, smirking.

There was a short pause. “I’m glad you followed me here, Spike. Raspberry, thank you for not giving up on me.”

“Aww shucks.” I said, bashfully trying to cover my face with my ponytail.

“Me too.” Spike said. “Unless, of course, we get stuck here for another thirty moons.”

I took a step back, waiting for Twilight to open the curtain. Cookie was happily pawing at what she must think of as a weird new yarn ball. Twilight came out, Spike by her side, and her confidence had back. Well, there was more of it than when she ran in.

Applejack looked at us curiously. “You okay?”

“Hold on.” I held up a hand, giving Pinkie a look. “Pinks, hold onto your what’s.” The party planner saluted me, smiling wide.

The princess braced herself. “The Fall Formal isn’t happening tonight.”

Pinkie nearly shouted, so I gave her the look to wait for it.

“It had to be postponed because Sunset Shimmer had Snips and Snails ruin all of Pinkie Pie’s decorations.” Twilight went on.

I gave Pinkie the look again. She was turning red.

“But the Fall Formal has to happen tonight.” Twilight said firmly.

I swept my arm, telling Pinkie to go for it.

WHAT?!?” Pinkie shouted, shaking Twilight and I in it’s intensity.

Twilight sighed. She fumbled with her hands, nervous. I smiled patiently at Pinkie, putting my hands in my hoodie pocket. “You see...”

“You’re both from alternate worlds and Twilight’s a pony princess from a Ponyland and Raspberry’s a regular princess named Morgan from a human land like our’s but without the colors and it’s this is all a TV movie, and the crown actually has a magical element embedded in it that helps power up other magical elements, and without it they don’t work anymore, and you need them all to help protect Twilight’s magical world, and if you don’t get the crown tonight, you’ll both be stuck in this world and you won’t be able to get back for, like, a really, really long time!” Pinkie explained.

Twilight and Spike’s jaw dropped. I grinned, nearly bursting out into a laugh. Man, I loved Pinkie Pie.

The others were less amused. “Yeah, I’m pretty sure that isn’t the reason.” Rainbow said dryly.

“Nope, she’s pretty much spot-on.” Spike deadpanned.

“He can talk!?”

“Oh, yeah! And back where I come from, I’m not even a dog! I’m a ferocious, fire-breathing dragon!” Spike said, grinning suavely at Rarity.

Fluttershy shoved Rarity and Pinkie, rushing up to Spike. She really loved animals, not that I ever doubted. “This is so amazing! Tell me, what are you thinking right now?” Her eyes inflated to anime levels.

The dragon turned dog stared back for a minute, then ran over to Rarity. “Sure would love a scratch behind the old ears!”

“Gah...” The fashionista gaped.

“Uh, maybe later.” Spike said.

Twilight turned to Pinkie. “How did you know all that?” She asked. “Did Raspberry tell you?”

Pinkie winked. “Just a hunch.”

Twilight sent me a look. I held up my arms. “She found it out herself. Pinkie’s a lot smarter than people think.”

“Wait a minute! Lemme get this straight.” Applejack said, eyeing Twilight. “You’re a pony?”

“You’re princesses?”

“You’re from other worlds?”

“We’re on TV?” Rainbow asked me.

Twilight gulped, nodding.

Equestria Girls.” I named the movie. “It’s a good movie. Or at least I think so.”

Tense silence until Rainbow said “That...is...awesome!”

The girls crowded around us, firing dozens of questions Twilight and I couldn’t understand. I think Rarity asked at one point if she looked good on camera.

Spike and I smiled smugly at Twilight.


My eyes were twitching as I looked out onto the chaos that was now the gym. It was horrible; streamers lied torn on the ground, balloons had been popped, the disco ball was shattered, the tables were toppled, and the punch had been poured onto the floor.

“Twilight.” I whispered, fearfully.

“Yes Raspberry?”

“Make the bad mess go away.” I watched for my bag, holding it to try and steady myself. “It hurts my eyes.”

“I’ve been to your house.” Twilight reminded me. “And that place is usually a mess.”

“That is artistically organized.” I argued, gesturing to the gym with wild hands. “This is-This is-Oh, make it stop. Make it stop!” My hands covered my eyes, Weeping Angel style.

Rarity out a comforting hand on my shoulder. “I know, darling. I simply cannot believe they did all this!”

“If I only had some kind of... party cannon that could decorate everything super fast!” Pinkie said, frowning.

I had built up enough courage to look at the gym again. It was almost starting to give me a migraine. This may seem like an overreaction to the rest of you, but this was coming the child of two generations of neat freaks. This was from a mother of a Cutie Mark Crusader. This was from a woman who had worked so hard cleaning it the other day.

My body started walking to the supply closet, hoping to find enough brooms for everyone. There was a bunch of other cleaning material in here, enough hopefully for the gym.

“I know it seems impossible, but, maybe if we all work together?” Twilight tried. I grabbed some of the wooden brooms.

“Now that’s the kinda can-do spirit I’m lookin’ for in a Fall Formal Princess!” Applejack held out her hand, “Let’s do it, y’all!”

“Absolutely!” Rarity cheered, putting her hand over Applejack’s.

“Rock on!”

“Yes, indeedily!”

“Yaaay!” Fluttershy whispered. Applejack was tossed a broom, making her smile genuinely. I tossed Rarity a broom, which she let fall to the floor. The athlete caught her broom, giving it a spin. Pinkie happily took the offered broom, immediately beginning to sweep the floor. I handed Fluttershy’s broom to her, knowing she preferred it that way.

The last broom was given to Twilight. “Alright, ladies, here’s how it’s going down.” I began, feeling some of my five years as a princess go to my head. “You six with sweep the floors, while I clean up the tables and pick up any piles you sweep. Once the floors and tables are clean, we can get to work on the heavier stuff. Tables, other decorations, things like that. Let’s have this place spotless before we even think about the decorations. Savvy?”

“Yes ma’am!” Everyone immediately went off to sweeping. I went back to the supply closet, grabbing the table wipes and spray.

This place would be spotless, Story dammit, or my name wasn’t Morgan Spencer!


It took maybe twenty minutes to clean the floor. The tables had been easier than I expected, but I attributed that to having a ten year old. As we cleaned, you could almost hear their voices echoing in the air. They were really good at this, which is perfect for the time table.

The six girls brushed their brooms together,creating that interlocking row of three brooms. I took a seventh broom, brushing down the middle into a trashcan. I tossed the bag to Applejack, who tossed it to Fluttershy, then to Rarity, then to Rainbow, and then to Pinkie who ended up taking it out.


Twilight tried moving a heavy table across the gym, even though I said it was a better idea if Rainbow and Applejack moved the heavy stuff. Pinkie was getting the last of the grim from the ground before Fluttershy and I mopped it up. Rarity was getting more streamers and other party supplies from Pinkie’s car.

I almost stopped moping to help my friend, until I saw two high school students coming to her aid. Applejack went walking by a moment later, carrying a table by her lonesome.


Pinkie swept the ground with her hair. I held a garbage bag behind her, ruffling her pink locks to let go of the trash. It all fell off with ease. The two of us high fived.


“Okay everyone. Gym is clean.” I said, smiling wide. We had more than just the Mane Six, so I had more people to help. “Rarity, Fluttershy, you two are in charge of streamers. Pinkie, you got balloon duty. Rainbow, Applejack, nice job setting up the tables. You’ll be making sure they’re set up with snacks. Twilight, you grab extra chairs from that closet and spread them out.”

The six girls ran off the their assigned jobs, leaving only the new recruits behind. I pointed at a few of them, recognizing them from the montage. “Sorry I don’t know your names, but I’m gonna to have to ask you to set up the photo booth. The parts are all there, so I think it’s pretty straight forward.”

They nodded, going off. I pointed at the others from the montage. “See those lights on the stage? You’ll be setting them back up. The ladder is back stage to the left, please follow safety precautions. I do not want anyone breaking their neck.”

They nodded, heading off.

“You’re kinda letting the power go to your head.” Spike commented.

I smirked at him. “I’m a control freak, get used to it.”


More and more people kept coming to help set up, so I helped the ones that were lost find something to do. Twilight had come to help me with that once the chairs were set up, giving me less of a workload.

There was more streamers being hung, and the same for the balloons (though they had to get a helium tank since we didn’t have two Pinkie Pie’s), and Applejack had taken control of the food tables.

Flash’s band had come in a few short minutes ago, so I made Twilight grab a broom to sweep the stage. She hadn’t noticed the band until she bumped into Flash, making the couple blush.

Twilight gave me a small glare, and I just shrugged innocently. I had to make sure the photo booth was perfect for Photo Finish.


The seven of us looked out onto our creation, beaming with pride. The students were socializing with each other, breaking out of their individual packs to make new friends.

“This...” Pinkie was nearly bursting. “Looks... soooo...GOOD!”

“Yes it is.” I smiled, standing with my hands confidently placed on my hips. Twilight lightly shoved me, almost making me bump into Applejack.

There was some slow clapping before I could retaliate. Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were standing at the door, the younger sibling holding the box of votes.

“All right, everyone! Fall Formal is back on for this evening.” Celestia announced.

The crowd of students all cheered, loudly.

“So you’d better get out of here and start getting ready.” Celestia said.

The students all lined up to leave, Luna holding out the voting bin.

“Oh, and don’t forget to cast your ballots for the Fall Formal Princess on your way out!” Celestia reminded.

“You got my vote, Twilight.” A student said, walking by the stage.

More and more students agreed with him, with everyone voting Twilight when they walked by.

Twilight smiled at me.


“I still can’t believe we pulled that off!” Fluttershy said once we made it back to the Boutique. Rarity ran into the back, nearly knocking me to the ground.

I can! We’re awesome!” Rainbow boasted.

Rarity came back, bringing a rack of dresses for us to try on. “Enough chatter, girls. We need to get ready, and we need to look fabulous!” She threw some at us.


“Stop peeking!” I yelled at my friends trying to get a look at my new dress. The curtain was closed even tighter, nearly stretching the material. “I’ll come out when I’m finished!”

A few of them groaned. I could hear Rainbow ask “Well, could you finish sooner?”

Twilight, Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie spoke up next. “Yeah, come on Raspberry.” “We just want to see it, darling.” “It’s so boring waiting!” “It can’t be that bad, Sugarcube.”

“I’d be finished faster if I didn’t have to keep kicking you five out of my dressing room.” I groaned.

We all laughed as I put the finishing touches on my outfit. The seven of us had been looking for hours on our outfits for the big dance tonight. The others and found theirs along with the matching jewelry and makeup an hour ago.

Twilight’s dress was hot pink with ruffles and a white belt/bow around her waist. Rarity’s was bright blue with a single shoulder strap. Applejack’s was navy blue with apples down onto the hem and a white handkerchief around her neck. Pinkie’s was bright pink with purple fabric draped over the skirt and a yellow bow/belt leading up to her electric blue top. Rainbow’s was rainbow colored on the top, a purple and gold belt separating it from the plain blue skirt with ruby red ruffles on the bottom. Fluttershy’s was mostly a butter yellow skirt with a sky blue top and drape connected by two butterfly pins.

Even Spike and Cookie were dressed up. The dog wearing a black top hat and suit, and the kitten wearing a lilac purple bow and dress.

Once Rarity realized I had yet to be dressed, she pulled out any dress she had availability to. I threw most of them back at her, telling her that not only were most of them not my size, they were not my color. The dressmaker had been horrified to hear that she had given me dresses so hopelessly wrong. Just another dress fitting around Rarity, to be honest.

She ended up finding one, handing it to me and saying it was perfect.

That was ten minutes ago. It had taken so long because Rarity kept peeking around the curtain to see if I liked it, then Fluttershy kept checking up on Cookie (who was resting comfortably in my bag, which made Pinkie want to join in. Soon, through some girly cliche I won’t ever understand, everyone tried to get a sneak preview of me in the dress.

I had stared at myself in the mirror, surprised. “Alright, just tell me what you think.” I warned, slowly walking out from the changing room.

My six friends were all there, wearing their dresses simply because the dance was in thirty minutes. Twilight and Applejack stood by each other, Pinkie was talking with Rainbow and Rarity. Fluttershy was the first to see me.

“Raspberry, you look lovely.” Fluttershy said, causing me to blush slightly.

The others looked up at me, all with various smiles.

It was a pale blue dress, contrasting with the dark pink of my skin. If I had to say, it was like Twilight’s dress only blue, no star symbol, no sparkles, and had a dark blue belt around the hips.

Rarity had done my hair before the dress, so I had long waves of midnight blue and sterling silver hair flowing past my shoulders. There were two earrings of my cutiemark in my ears. My necklace was Darcy’s lollipop charm on the thin silver chain.

I found my outfit.

Now I just had to find the right shoes. Damn you Rarity, getting me interested in fashion.


Rarity had apparently pulled out all the stops, having a limo available to take us to the school.

The natives of this universe ran ahead into the building. I stood behind the doors, leaning against the doors. I had my bag, and Twilight’s saddlebag inside it. She had left it at Rarity the human’s, and I knew for a fact Rarity the unicorn had put a lot of work into the new alicorn’s bag.

Spike turned to me, confused. “Where’s Twilight?” He asked.

“Flash.” I answered with a devious smile.

Spike chuckled, going off to join the others. Cookie followed after him, though I had no idea why. Maybe she thought they were playing tag, or something.

I smirked. Twilight walked in, Flash happily chasing after her.

“Ah, young love.” I said, leaning against the door.

Bumblebee walked up beside me, adjusting his blue tie. I quirked a brow at that, seeing him a suit much like the one he wore on our first date. Did he only have the one suit? He leaned against the door, stuffing his hands into his pockets. His golden honey eyes were scanning my dress, along with the rest of me.

“You clean up nice.” I said, smiling teasingly.

He was still staring.

“Bumblebee.” My hand reached up, poking his arm. “You in there, buddy?”

The boy shook his head, trying to shake off whatever had happened to him. “Sorry. You look...you look really good in that dress.”

Damn bastard, now I would have to fight a blush. “You look good in a tux.” I said back. “Thanks for coming.”

Bumblebee squared his shoulders back, being nonchalant. “Well, I’m no good at staying away from trouble.”

“Oh, and you think I’m any better?” My date looped his arm around mine, following the trail of other students to get to the gym. “Trouble magnet, right here, especially on Tuesday’s.”

“Only Tuesdays?” Bumblebee scoffed. “I get the weekdays. Never a minute of peace and silence.” He joked, a heavy pout on his face.

I caught onto the joke, going along with it. “Just weekdays? On weekends, I get hit by all kinds of chaos.”

“Just chaos?” Bumblebee sighed, from the looks of it trying to fight a smile. “I have anarchy and mayhem.”

“Only mayhem? I get April-hem, and then June-hem. The whole calendar of -hems!” I said, unable to hide my laughter anymore. He was no better, laughing beside me so hard his shoulders started shaking.

We laughed until we reached the gym doors, opening them to see the band playing and students dancing.

“So what’s the mission?” Bumblebee asked, teasingly.

“We’re trying to make my friends Fall Formal Princess so she can get her crown back.” I explained, scanning the crowd for my friends. “It’s actually a super important thing back home, but we can’t just steal the crown back so we had to run for the Princess.”

“Obviously.” Bumblebee said with sarcasm. “Cause just asking for the heirloom back is too much.”

“We tried, but my friend backed out at the last second.” I shook my head. “I don’t know what to do with that girl.”

“You said the crown was stolen?” Bumblebee said, sounding suddenly serious.

“Be on the look-out for a girl with bacon colored hair.” I said, matching his tone. “She’s the sort of mob boss of the high school. I may have dethroned her earlier, but there’s no way of being sure. She’s stubborn, and desperate. I wouldn’t be surprised if she tries to steal the crown before Twilight-my friend-can put it on her head.”

My date nodded, scanning the crowd himself. “I don’t see her.”

“Me either. Which means she’s not here, but she’ll be here before the night ends.” I assured. “She’s bringing that danger I promised you.”

Bumblebee smirked. “Good, but while we wait.” He winked at me, motioning his head to the dance floor. “We have to play along, right?”

“You learn fast.” I smiled, following him out onto the dance floor. ‘I hope Bee is this quick.’


Twilight and I met up by the drink table. She was nervously glancing about the room, as if expecting Sunset to pop up randomly. As good as Sunset was at her job, no one could be as good at that as Pinkie Pie. I was getting drinks for my date and I (which was a weird sentence for me to say).

Bumblebee was out in the dance floor, keeping up the image of us being dates at a dance. While everyone else saw a guy in a tux dancing, I saw a boy scanning the crowd for a girl of bacon hair and her two lackies. I’ll admit, the guy was good at blending into a crowd.

The band was playing up on the school stage. Flash would occasionally exchanging eye contact with Twilight, making my friend blush and wave bashfully. I couldn’t wait for Vinyl to take over so they could get the dancing over with, seriously. Their music was good, but I could do better...oh, I was getting a bad idea.

“Raspberry, I know that look.” Twilight said from behind me.

“What look?” I said, my gaze not moving from the band on the stage. “I don’t have any look.” I sipped from my glass of fruit punch, holding onto Bumblebee’s.

“Yes. You do. You have hundreds.” My friend came up to my side, giving me a warning look. “That’s your ‘I’m about to do something completely ridiculous because I can’ look.” Twilight sighed, shaking her head. “Don’t do it.”

“Don’t do what?” I asked, innocently.

“Whatever it is your thinking, please stop. We just have to wait for them to call out the winner of the Fall Formal Princess and then we can go back to Equestria.” Twilight explained. I gulped down the rest of my punch, holding onto the cup. “Just stay normal for that long.”

“Okay.” I told her, walking over to Bumblebee to give him some punch.

He had paused in his dancing when he saw me come over. I held out the punch, which he gratefully accepted and gulped it down. I was still smiling, my plan only getting more concrete the longer I thought about it.

He chuckled, giving me a smirk. “Someone’s got an idea.”

“A horrible idea.” I said, glancing at the band. The music had paused, the band taking a short break between songs. “I’m gonna be on stage.”

Bumblebee quirked a brow, a thoughtful look on his face. He looked at the stage, then at me. “Do it.”

I giggled, happily clapping my hands around the cup still in my hand. Out of strange instinct, I leaned up enough to kiss his cheek. “Thank you!” I said. Bumblebee was surprised I had kissed his cheek, but I was too excited about having a partner in crime to go further.

I ran up to the stage, being careful not to attract Twilight’s gaze. My arm reached out for the bass guitarist, who helped me up. I walked over to Flash, who was behind the curtain drinking from a water bottle with his cutiemark on it.

“Flash Sentry.” I called out.

The guitar player turned to me, curious. “Raspberry Stardust?”

I nodded. “I’m gonna make you an offer you can’t refuse.” I said with a mischievous grin.


Twilight Sparkle


Raspberry had been missing for three minutes and thirty eight seconds. In my experience with her, any disappearance more than two minutes and forty two seconds was bad. I just hope she hasn’t done anything-

“HELLOOOO! CANTERLOT HIGH!”

‘Never mind.’ Looking towards the stage, I saw my friend standing on the stage. She talked her way into the band. Dear Celestia...

Raspberry waved. “My name is Raspberry Stardust, and I talked the band into trying a few songs.” She glanced towards Flash Sentry, who gave her a thumbs-up. He was now playing the guitar, leaving Raspberry on vocals. “Hope you enjoy this one. It’s called ‘I Love Rock ‘n Roll’.

The band began to play a strange beat. Some of the teenagers around me stared on.

That’s when music began playing, some strange beat that Raspberry started clapping along with. She turned her gaze to the boy she had brought-this world version of Bumblebee. The boy waved at her, adding a wink.

“I saw him dancing there by the record machine.” Raspberry sang, still clapping with the beats. Soon, everyone in the gym was clapping along. “I knew he must have been about seventeen.” Once Raspberry was sure everyone was clapping (except me), she stopped and grabbed the microphone. “The beat was going strong, playing my favorite song, and I could tell it wouldn’t be long till he was with me, yeah me.”

The teenagers around me slowly started to dance. Even this world’s versions of my friends were enjoying the song, bobbing their heads while still clapping. Raspberry may not be a party pony, but she knew how to get people excited.

“And I could tell it wouldn’t be long till he was with me, yeah me.” Raspberry stared directly at me, and pointing. “Singing, I love rock and roll, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby. I love rock and roll, so come and take your time and dance with me. Ow!”

She took the microphone off it’s stand and leaned out towards the crowd. “He smiled, so I got up and asked for his name. But that don’t matter, he said, ‘cause it’s all the same. He said, ‘Can I take you home where we can be alone?’ And next we were moving on, he was with me, yeah me. Next we were moving on, he was with me, yeah me.

She stood up straight, watching as a few other students started dancing with the music. She was still smiling encouragingly at me, as if waiting for me to cut loose and dance. I shook my head, making her shake her’s.

“Singing, I love rock and roll, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby. I love rock and roll, so come and take your time and dance with me. Ow!”

From my point of view, everyone here was dancing. The music had inspired such change in them, that they were dancing with strangers that they didn’t know before tonight. Even my friends, they were dancing in ways I had never seen them dance before.

Raspberry sang the rest of the chorus. She motioned for Rainbow and Pinkie to pay attention, then pointed them my direction. I threw her a small glare, until Rainbow and Pinkie ran up by my side.

“Come on Twilight!” Rainbow said, bumping my side with her arm. “Just dance!”

“It’s a party!” Pinkie added. “You have to dance at a party!”

I paused another second, glancing at Raspberry for assurance. She held out a thumbs up at me.

So, I decided to just go for broke. Sunset wasn’t here yet, and it wasn’t likely that she would be here any time soon. I started dancing with the music, having a little fun.

“I love rock and roll, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby. I love rock and roll, so come and take your time and dance with me!”

It was definitely a fun party...but I still needed to get my crown back.


Raspberry/Morgan


After another ten minutes of songs, I finished with the band. I grabbed my bag from backstage, then ran over to Bumblebee. I felt like Pinkie after she throws a party. That was so much fun!

Bumblebee gave me a high five once I was close enough, and I was still super cheery. “That was epic.”

“I know!” I cheered, clapping my hands over my mouth to try and keep it all contained. “I didn’t want to stop! That was...that was awesome!”

It had been a long time since I performed with a band on stage. One time, at my college of S.H.I.T., I remember being so excited when the sprinklers went off I ended declaring a wet t-shirt party. Yeah, the stuff I do when I’m drunk.

But, I wasn’t drunk right now not even buzzed. I had been off the past few days; spontaneously buying a cat, flirting with a boy, declaring war on a childhood enemy, going up onstage, it was all so wild and crazy I wondered what was going on...this was all stuff Darcy might get me to do at a party.

I loved being Raspberry Stardust. She had way more fun than Morgan Spencer.

I grabbed Bumblebee’s hand, eager to get the movie going along. “Come on, we can still get in some dancing before they announce the winner.”

Bumblebee snickered as I guided him into the crowd. Random teens were congratulating me on my performance, I smiled and thanked them as we went.

“You mean when they say Twilight won by default?” Bumblebee pointed out with a smirk.

“Better by default then have Sunset stuff the ballot box.” I said to him. He tilted his head. “She knows I’m a threat, and that she lost a lot of votes to Twilight. It wouldn’t surprise me if she tried stuffing the box, but with her name off the ballot she has no virtual chance of winning.”

“You really think she’d do that?” Bumblebee asked, in full seriousness.

I shrugged. “I can’t take the chance she might.” She never stuffed the ballot box in the movie, or anything of the sort. I was just being petty because of what she put Twilight through. I wasn’t going to go telling Bumblebee that, though.

The teenager nodded, though I don’t know if he fully grasped the concept.

I met up with Twilight in the middle of the dance floor, seeing her dancing with Rainbow. She waved at Flash again. With an innocent smile, I tapped her shoulder.

She turned to me, smiling. “I said be normal.” Twilight laughed, shoving my arm.

I shoved her back. The music was good, so I danced along with it and soon Bumblebee followed. “That was normal! For me, anyway.”

Twilight looked to our friends, suddenly worried. “Anybody see Sunset Shimmer?”

Rainbow smiled at her. “There’s no way she can win now! Vice Principal Luna had her removed from the ballet! Maybe she was too embarrassed to show!” She shouted over the music.

Twilight and I exchanged a look. “Maybe...”

The music faded off. Bumblebee and I looked to the stage, seeing Principal Celestia walk up to the centre.

I looked up Bumblebee. He had stopped looking at the stage, and instead was looking down at me. Principal Celestia began talking, but I was paying more attention to the human version of my coltfriend.

“Bumblebee?” I said. He was looking down at our arms, and I almost blushed when I realized I had wrapped mine around his. “Oh.”

“Don’t move it.” Bumblebee said, tightening his arm around mine.

I tilted my head at him. “I didn’t even realize I did that.”

“I like it.” Bumblebee said with a nervous smile. It was a rare sight with this one. The sight was so adorable I let out a small giggle.

I wasn’t lying, I hadn’t noticed myself locking arms with him. It just felt relaxing to have him close, which was a strange thought for me. The two of us had our eyes locked, and I couldn’t help but wonder what was off about his eyes. It wasn’t that he was the wrong Bumblebee, there was something else there. If I stared just right, there was a hint of green-

The crowd suddenly burst into cheers. It took me a second to remember that Twilight had just been announced Fall Formal Princess. I elbowed my friend, giving her a shove to the stage.

“Go get um, Sparkle of Twilight!” Twilight put down Spike, running up to the stage to get her crown.

I didn’t hear Bumblebee cheering, so I turned back to him. “Bumblebee?” I whispered.

“Does Sunset Shimmer have two lackies?”

I paused, following his gaze to see Snips and Snails sneaking around the gym. “Yep.”

“Two freshman?”

“I’m lookin’ at ‘um.” I deadpanned. “Snips and Snails. They’ll do anything Sunset tells them.”

“What are they doing?” Bumblebee asked.

I tried to get a better look, to see if they had Spike yet, but other students got in the way. Spike was supposed to end up in Twilight’s arms, so I turned to the princess. The purple and green dog was staring up at the stage. Looking down, I saw Cookie at my heel. She had been dancing with Fluttershy.

“They might be trying for one last go at the crown, when Twilight’s won it.” I said to Bumblebee.

He glanced back to the lackies. “Something doesn’t feel right. Should we stop them now?”

I shook my head. “Without probable cause, we’re just two juniors attacking freshman.”

“Senior.” Bumblebee corrected.

I looked at him in surprise, then a smirk. He winked at me. “Oh.”

There was a sudden shout, one that you only heard with difficulty (or used to have pony ears).

“Twilight! Help!”

Another shout followed right after, though it sounded more like a meow.

I felt my heart freeze in my chest as I looked down, not seeing Cookie at my feet. My head snapped over to the door, some of my hair flying over my face for a brief second. In Snails’ arms, was a little calico kitten. She was swiping at the boy, hissing. He shoved a hand over her muzzle, clamping her mouth shut. That didn’t stop her claws from hitting his hands, making the orange boy wince.

“They’ve got Spike!” Twilight shouted, leaping off the stage.

“They’ve got Cookie!” I growled, shoving my way through the crowd after the boys.

No one touches Cookie!