• Published 15th Aug 2015
  • 1,802 Views, 92 Comments

The Day My Life Continued - Authora97



Now you know how I began. You know how my life ended. Now it's time for you to see how it continued.

  • ...
21
 92
 1,802

Chapter Twenty-Six

“So...what the hell do we do now?”

“Same thing we do at every party, sestra. We fuck that shit up.”


==DMLC==


The big night was finally here.

Our sweet sixteen.

(Technically I was turning 200 and Darcy was turning 46, but who cares)

(Obviously me but who else?)

This birthday was already the best ever. I introduced Darcy to her new niece. The griffin grabbed Darcy in the tightest chokehold I’d ever seen. Darcy-once she could breathe- said Cookie was a good fit.

Lilac cried when she’d seen her aunt. (Darcy cried too. She’d deny it till her dying day.) Thorax was trying not to cry, which only made him start bawling on my shoulder when Darcy hugged her nieces.

Telling the Spencer’s Darcy was back had been a whole other thing. Mom and Dad hadn’t been happy with it. In their minds Darcy has died, and she was gone. Nothing else about it. Her revival had thrown a wrench, so I held back the note about how she’d been brought back. My brothers were happy for me, plus they thought Darcy was cool so whatever.

As for the Traveler community, I decided to wait until the party to reintroduce her. Plus Darcy was gonna have a dramatic entrance for herself so it’d save me the trouble of doing it. What are sisters for?

Right now, Darcy and I were in my office hiding. We’d gone Traveling for a while, birthday places we wanted to see.

After coming back from the Doctor Who world (we’d been there five hours, cutting it close), Darcy finally took a look around my office.

I’d done it up to be like Sixteen Candles. It was a bit gaudy but it fit the day.

Darcy hummed. “So...you can make it look like anything?”

I sat up on the pink pull out couch bed. “Kinda...yeah.” Flashing her the Reality Bracelet, I watched the gems sparkle. “Perks of being a thief.”

Darcy cheered. “Told you being a thief was cool.” She looked at couch, sneering. “Can we make it less...pink?”

With a flash of yellow, the room changed shape. Now it was covered in blood splatter, dark furniture, and black curtains. The pullout couch changed from pink and fluffy to black and leather. Over the door was a sign for Mrs Lovett’s pie shop.

Darcy nodded in approval. “This...is such a wasted opportunity.” She turned to me, hopping up off the couch. “You are really under using your crown.” Darcy warned me.

I snorted, putting my hand on my hip. “And how am I doing that, Darcy?”

“This is basically your palace, right? Is there a Dominos pizza here?” Darcy asked. “Or a Dunkin Donuts? Is there a bowling alley? Is there a bowling alley with a Dominos and a Dunkin donuts for concessions?”

“I am grossly under using my crown.” Darcy laughed.

“So use the bracelet and give us free pizza! It’s like my birthday present!”

“I already brought you back to life. You want more?” She nodded.

So I clicked my fingers.

It changed again, from dark and blood spattered to a bowling alley. There was a pizza display case in the corner of the room, with a donut cart next to it. My desk had changed into a checkout counter.

At our feet, bowling balls.

My sister picked up a dark red 9 pounder. She smirked. “Ready to get your ass beat?”

I picked up the pink 8 pounder. “Maybe in your dreams, sis.”


==DMLC==


Hours later, after Darcy beat me 102 to 79, Rarity came for our hair and makeup.

The bowling alley had changed to a hair parlor. This was Rarity’s new favorite room design I could tell.

Rarity had seen the outfit for me ages ago. Darcy’s recently selected outfit was throwing in a wrench. Rarity took in it stride.

She set us down in front of two vanities, each covered in makeup and hair styling products.

She was brushing out Darcy’s hair before starting the styling. My hair had been brushed earlier so it only needed the styling. While Rarity was working on hair, she suggested I work on makeup. Which meant I sat perfectly still while Rarity’s magic worked on my makeup.

My phone pinged with a text. It was

“Tell your boytoy that sex is for the after-party” Darcy teased.

“Nah, it’s not him. He’s watching the kids.” I reminded her. “Just Jimmy texting me.”

“Jimmy? Ooh-la-la. You two timing whore.” Darcy put a hand over her heart. “So proud.”

I laughed. “No, it’s not like that. Jimmy Cipes, from kindergarten?”

Darcy dropped her jaw. It was probably from shock, but Rarity had brushed hard at her hair again. “Cipes? Oh his last name was Cipes, that’s great. You found Jim?”

“He’s a Traveler.” I revealed. Rarity’s magic was painting my nails to match the outfit we’d picked.

“Well fuck me up the ass.” Darcy slumped in her seat. Rarity pulled hard on her hair. “Ouch!”

“Being fucked on the ass does hurt.” I teased.

“Shut up.” Darcy glared over her shoulder towards Rarity. “That hurt.”

“Stop slouching, then it will hurt less.” Rarity remarked. She brushed out a few more tangles. “There. All brushed. Now, do we want your hair in waves or braids?”

“I will braid my hair when pigs fly-no wait, do braids. I wanna be like a Dwarf.” Darcy beamed at me. “Dwarves get braids when they do cool shit. Coming back from the dead counts as a cool thing.”

I snorted. “With how often you’ve died, that’s not an achievement. That’s a Tuesday.”

Darcy laughed hard at the joke.

Rarity hummed. “Braids then.” Her blue magic began sorting Darcy’s black locks. She turned to me. “Morgan?”

“Thinking fancy curls. I’d rock the Shirley Temple curls.” I answered.

“No, well yes but not yet. I was asking what Jimmy was asking for.” Rarity’s magic powered as she finished a braid on Darcy’s head.

“Ah!” Looking at the text again, I remembered that I hadn’t answered his text either. “He’s asking if he can go with me to the party.”

“Awesome!” Darcy cheered, looking at her finished braid. Rarity got started on the next one. “As for Jim there, text him he can come with me-”

“BETTER IDEA!” I shouted. Moving the phone, I put it in selfie mode. “KATElynn WITH A K GET IN HERE!”

The door opened. Katelynn walked in. “What’s up?”

“Come take a selfie with us!” I cheered.

She shrugged, walking towards us.

Darcy chuckled. “Can’t believe you have an assistant.”

Katelynn settled between us, putting an arm over my shoulders and a hand on Darcy’s. “Could be worse, could be her sister. Least my job pays better.”

Darcy laughed. “I like you.”

“Okay, okay. Shut up. About to take the picture.” I chided.

Katelynn and I smiled at the camera, Darcy held up her middle finger while smirking. Snapping the picture I sent it to Jimmy.

‘Perfect! We’re almost done with hair and stuff. See you at the party! K excited to see you!’

With the message sent, I beamed at Katelynn. “So you ask him yet?” She sighed. “Katelynn with a K! Go get him!”

“No!” She ran her handover his blushing face. “Morgue it’s too-”

“Wait hold on.” Darcy sat up straighter. Rarity tsked in complaint, before getting to the hair itself. “You want to date Jimmy?” Katelynn blushed harder, then nodded. “Why is everyone around me such a prude? Just go and ask the boy!”

“Well you’re from the seventies, when it was normal to be a slut.” I reasoned.

Darcy sighed, frowning. “Why was that the tradition to die?”

Rolling my eyes, I turned back to Katelynn. “Don’t worry. You just get all extra pretty, so that when Jimmy gets here he’ll be blown away by you.”

“But it’s your birthday.”

“I’m already sharing the spotlight with that whore.” Darcy waved her fingers as Rarity finished another braid. “Sharing with you won’t be a hardship.”

Katelynn smiled kindly.

My own kind smile dropped as apparently Rarity had finished with Darcy’s hair, and moved on to mine. “Ow!” She was using the curling iron to curl my hair the right way, and she was pulling hard on the hair.

Darcy laughed. “Vengeance is sweet!”

“Oh shut up! At least I have a date before you!”

Darcy frowned. Then grinned as I winced as Rarity grabbed another lock of hair to curl.


==DMLC==


When hair and makeup was done, Rarity made sure we had everything we needed for our outfits. I’d texted Thorax to send the girls up so we could get started on their outfits too. The party was starting soon, but Darcy and I were told to come late to give everyone time to settle in the party room.

Darcy was wearing a black cocktail dress with a bright red shawl jacket that was held together by a single gold button. It was the one thing keeping Mrs Spencer from complaining about the outfit. Her boots were long a black, and her jewelry was black leather bracelets with spikes. I’d given her back the lollipop neck, so she was happy to have that back.

My own outfit was a bright pair of black tight jeans with bedazzled pockets. The top was a dark pink camisole shirt covered with black lace. The sleeves were black lace to my elbow. Rarity had tried to squeeze me into a pair of heels, I told her I wanted loafers. We compromised and I wore loafers (my birthday, my shoes).

Lilac wore a simple purple dress. Her hair had been brushed to curl at the end. Cookie was dressed in a dark green dress that looked ragged but fashionable (or that’s what Rarity said). Her hair was too wild too contain so we left it.

Rarity was near crying at seeing all of us. We all rolled our eyes at her dismay.

The door opened ten minutes before we were supposed to be downstairs. Thorax walked in. He was in his new changeling form, with a fancy purple bowtie around his neck.

“We really need to get-whoa.” Thorax gawked at me. He walked up to my side, wrapping a wing over my shoulder. He continued to stare, stunned.

“Same to you, babe.” I winked at him. My arm wrapped around his neck to bring him closer.

Darcy tsked. She whacked me upside my head. At my yelp of pain, she tsked again. “Quit being romantics.” She turned to the door, where Katelynn stood in a yellow sundress. “Hey your future boytoy come yet?”

Katelynnn gave her a flat look. “...he’s downstairs.” She admitted with a blush.

I squeaked happily. Thorax copied me, smiling wide to prove he was just as happy as me.

“I’m gonna meet Jimmy!” Thorax cheered. “Oh I’m excited to meet more humans.” He turned to Katelynn. “I’ve met so many today, it’s really exciting!”

Katelynn turned to me. “Has he met Missus Straus yet?” I shook my head. “Your parents?” I shook my head again. “Gonna wait til the party? You’re brave.”

“Parents?” Thorax turned to me. “Babe, you said your parents were dead.”

“I also said I was a unicorn from Equestria. There are a lot of lies in our relationship, honey.” I kissed his cheek. Thorax grinned at the praise while Darcy and Cookie gagged. Well Cookie gagged for a second before giggling, which told me Darcy had told her to do it. Pulling out my phone, I texted Jimmy to come upstairs. “Alright. Jimmy’s on his way. Thorax we still have to work out a few things about you being here.”

“In the building I can be a changeling, outside I have to be a person.” Thorax repeated what I told him earlier.

“Wow. You’ve got him trained.” Darcy praised. I winked at her.

“Mom, what does that mean?” Lilac asked.

“Only that Mister Thorax listens to Mom, unlike your aunt.” I answered. Darcy stuck her tongue out at me.

Thorax draped a wing over my shoulders. “Okay but seriously- your parents?! I didn’t know I was going to meet your parents. Why did nopony tell me I was meeting her parents?”

“Don’t worry, Mister Thorax!” Lilac cheered. “Grandma and Grandpa are okay. Grandma might just be angry at Mom for not telling, and Grandpa will...he’s a big teddy bear!”

Thorax squeaked. “Oooh I’ve met big teddy bears.” He grinned at me, but the smile was tensed and shaking. “H-He’s not sc-scary yeah?”

I smiled that smile back. “Jimmy here yet?” My voice was more a squeak than anything.

“He-ere.” Jimmy’s voice came from the door.

“Jimmy! Good.” Walking away from Thorax, I saw Jimmy standing at the door beside a gobsmacked Katelynn. He was dressed in a dark green button up, with black slacks. I smiled in relief. “Really good you made it. Jimmy, you saw Darcy on the phone. That’s Katelynn with a K, you remember her. Ain’t her dress pretty? Tell her it’s pretty.”

“Y-yeah. It’s-it’s pretty.” Jimmy looked over my outfit, before turning to look at Katelynn. “Pretty, yeah.”

“Perfect! Oh and that’s Thorax, my boyfriend.”

“Hello human male!” Thorax waved a hoof. “Wow. I didn’t know humans had so few mane colors.”

“Yep, we’re a closeted bunch of genes.” I remarked. “Now it’s time for the game plan!”

“B-boyfriend?” Jimmy asked. “You have a boyfriend? A character boyfriend? From Equestria? Since when?”

“Since oh...two months ago.” I realized. “Or was it three? I’m thinking three.”

“It was two.” Thorax piped in.

“Yeah but I lived away from Equestria for another month in between all of that, so three.” I corrected.

“For Author’s sake, what’s the fucking Plan?” Darcy complained. My kids gasped at her language.

“Right! The girls are going to sit at my table, play some of the games I got for them if they get bored. Worse comes to worse, I told Tracy to bring Cookie back up here. Lilac you can do what you want, you’re double digits.” Lilac cheered. Darcy gave her a high five. “Katelynn with a K, Jimmy, you two go have fun. Neither of you have any Traveler obligations or the like. Just be two cute kids.” Katelynn beamed in excitement. Jimmy, however, looked stunned. “Don’t worry. Pinkie planned this, there’ll be fun stuff for you too.”

“And me, I’m hoping. Like real drinks.” Darcy added.

“Pinkie made sure of that once I told her you’d be at the party.” I assured. “Also, she added pin-the-tail-on-the-pony-”

“Ugh.”

“-but the tail is a knife and the pony is a body.”

“Ooh.”

“Knew you’d like that.” I clicked my tongue at her. “Thorax, babe, sugar, sweetheart, your job is not to die tonight after meeting my parents also to keep them from killing me. Sound good?”

“Depends, will you be doing any of the...uh...interference?”

“Why would I?”

“I did when you met my mother as my wife!” Thorax interrupted.

“That was different, your mom is a bitch that tried to kill me.”

“Your mother might do the same!”

“Ha! That’s funny. She wouldn’t kill you, just hit you with her purse.”

Jimmy spoke up. “You said boyfriend-”

“Changeling thing. By his people’s laws, we’re married.” I glared at him. “We still need to talk about that.”

Thorax blushed.

“Alright. Partytime!” I cheered. “Stardusts, move out!”


==DMLC==


Lilac was off about, meeting the children of the dignitaries at the party. Some had come from the other side of the planet to attend the party of their new Princess. Lilac wanted to make friends so I thought she should.

Everyone was surprised when Darcy walked in beside me. The looks on their faces were worth the effort it took to bring Darcy back. She took the admiration in stride, inviting everyone to drink on the Center’s tab. IE: mine.

In fact everyone was so caught in up that, they hardly noticed Thorax’s entrance. All in all, a good thing.

Well everyone except my parents.

Yeah they noticed that.

They walked up to me, not even waiting a few minutes for me to thank Pinkie Pie (like a proper hostess/Princess) before pouncing on us.

“Morgan, who is this?” Mom insisted, smiling too politely.

“Thorax, these are my parents, Sarah and Lathan Spencer.” I introduced. Thorax tensed by my side. He stretched out a hoof to them. Mom shook his hoof. “Mom, Dad, this is Thorax. My boyfriend.”

Dad had just grabbed Thorax’s hoof when I said that. Thorax winced at the grip. “Boyfriend, you say?”

“Yep.” Thorax squeaked.

“And how long, exactly, have you and my daughter been dating?”

“By my- my time, two months, Mr Stardust sir. Spencer! I meant Spencer. Sorry hard to think with how tight you’re holding my hoof.” Thorax admitted. “Wow humans are strong.”

Dad let his hoof go, still glaring at Thorax. “And how did you two meet?”

“I kicked him in the face.” Was my answer.

Thorax blanched. “Really? That’s the story you’re telling everyone?”

“It’s the story that’s true.” I countered, daring him to challenge that in front of my parents. Thorax conceded. “He’s a really nice guy. He loves the girls, and has proven he’ll protect them against you know, bad things.”

Dad hummed. He gave Thorax a once over. “Morgan he’s a horse.”

“Changeling!” Thorax quickly correctly. In a flash of green fire, there was a human standing next to me. Granted a human with big orange antlers but a human all the same. He looked to me, exactly as Human Bumblebee, only without the yellow skin and black hair. This human had pale skin, with the brightest green hair anyone had ever seen. “Changeling, sir. We can change shape so I’m not a horse all the time.”

“Oh. That’s nice.” Mom complimented, thin. She gave me an appraising look. “A horse that can turn into another horse.”

“Mom, give him some credit. He’s not turning into a goat.” I countered. “Or a frog.”

“B-but I could, if you wanted me to.” Thorax informed them. At my huff he added “That didn’t help, did it?” After a shake of my head, Thorax turned to Dad. “Sorry sir. I’m just nervous. Starry told me her parents were dead!”

I made a noise of distress. “How did you make it worse?”

“You told him we were dead?”

“Morgan what does he mean dead?”

“Oh look it’s Pinkie Pie! Come on Thorax, let’s go say hello!”

As I dragged my boyfriend away from my complaining parents, I leaned in.

“You know I love you and that’s the only reason I saved you, right?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Good. Now let’s go enjoy a party. Hi Pinkie.”

“Hiya!”


==DMLC==


The next twenty minutes or so was full of Pinkie bringing me up to the various out of country guests, and those from Equestria. Twilight and the girls were happy enough with showing the humans some Equestria party games, as well as Applejack’s home made snacks. Suffice to say that my friends were as popular as I were, and wouldn’t twelve year old me just cry hearing that?

As for the other guests, everything was going great on that. They were all happy with the party, meeting me, and meeting Thorax. For those that had met Darcy, I had apologies all prepared beforehand but apparently they all thought she was a delight. ‘Something to write home about’.

Yeah probably a joke about how wild and crazy Americans are. They were mostly positive and about Darcy so I’d let it slide with a relieved sigh.

Of course by that time, Pinkie brought me to Tracy. Who was freaking out.

“What is your sister wearing?”

“A dress.” I answered, an arm around Thorax’s neck. He was holding a plate of finger cakes and strawberries in his magic, floating them by my mouth occasionally. ‘Darcy was right, it pays to have eye candy at a party’. Thorax gave me another strawberry as I waved a hand toward Darcy, who was currently chatting up with some of the dignitaries from France. “What’s the problem? The dress has sleeves.”

“That dress is too short!” Tracy hissed in a low voice.

I snorted. “It passes the fingertip test.”

Tracy laughed, without joy. “Oh the fingertip? Why didn’t you say so?” She glared at me. “Your sister is making a joke out of us.”

“That’s part of her charm.” I assured. “You’ll get used to her.” Finishing off the strawberry, I turned to Thorax. “Honey, could I have a finger cake?”

“Sure!” He floated a small cake to my hand. To call them cupcakes was generous, these things were smaller than a pack of mints.

“Thank you!” To Tracy’s irritation, I took a bite out of the cake while looking her in the eye. “Sorry what else were you complaining?”

She huffed like a bull. “Your sister needs to leave, and come back dressed more appropriately.”

I snorted.

“Or at least not dressed as a whore.”

Thorax tensed beside me. He levitated the snacks away from my increasingly reddened face.

Now later, I would say I was still annoyed at my parents treatment of Thorax, or something else equally as excuse worthy. To Darcy I would say I’d been holding back yelling at Tracy since meeting the woman. This was long overdue.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY SISTER?!” I raged.

“YOU HEARD ME!” Tracy shouted back. “I said, your sister is a whore!”

“Yes she is! But that doesn’t mean she should leave her own birthday party!” I shouted.

“She’s not dressed appropriately!” Tracy shouted again.

“If I waited for her to dress right to take her anymore, I’d never leave the house!”

“You never do!”

Thorax stepped in between us. “Uh, ladies? We’re getting a lot of people looking at us.”

“Shut up.” Tracy snapped at him.

“Hey! That’s my boyfriend!” I slapped her face. At her enraged face I turned to Thorax. “But she was right, honey, shut up.”

“Yes ma’am.” Thorax replied instantly.

“You slapped me!” Tracy gasped.

“And I’ll do it again.” I warned her. “Without an ounce of guilt, if you ever do that again.”

She scoffed in disgust. “No wonder your daughter-”

“DON’T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT LILAC!” I shouted before she could bury her grave. Thorax huffed angrily at my side, his antlers glowing brighter with magic. “You know what? Just walk away before-”

“What did she say about Lilac?” Darcy asked in a dark voice, appearing at my side.

“-before this happens.” I sighed. “Doesn’t matter. I shut her up before she could say it.”

Darcy narrowed her eyes at the stunned silent Tracy. “Nu-uh. This squirrely thing had more to say.” She took a step closer. “So go ahead. What were you saying about my niece?”

Tracy swallowed whatever bit of her lunch that had made it’s way back up her throat. “Miss Anderson, I think it’s time you-”

“Get it right.” Darcy stopped her. “My sister is Crown Princess. Queen if you wanna get into it, since she’s above the legal age of 18 by a lot. We’re having her 200th birthday for fuck’s sake. I am fucking Lady Darcy Anderson, that’s what it says on the documents Morgan had me signing this morning for an hour. Now. Try again.”

Tracy grit her teeth. Fear still present but quieting under a cloud of anger.

“Mom don’t kill my new friend’s mom!” Lilac cried out as she ran up to the battle.

It was like someone had hit pause on us. A record stopping could be heard in my ears, but that could’ve been my imagination.

(Or not, Discord had been invited to the party)

Tracy was the first to find her voice, probably because she’d been about to scold Darcy for something or other. “Your what?”

A second child ran up, around Lilac’s age but that was where differences ended. The child was a prime example of what would happen if a ten year old became emo. Long black hair with bangs about to cover an eye. She was dressed like the Winter Soldier, except that movie hadn’t come out yet and I only knew about it because of the Doctor (go time travel). She was pale too, like too pale to be considered human. Thorax was just a pale which proves my point. I don’t know how she did it, but her eyes were just dark brown enough that you could tell they weren’t just all pupil.

“Mackenzie?!” Tracy yelped. “Wha-what are you doing?”

“It was her.” The named child pointed at Lilac. Lilac was looking at me with pleading eyes.

“Whatever Miss Tracy said, it wasn’t meant to be mean!” Lilac begged. “Please don’t hurt her!”

“I wasn’t gonna hurt her!” I replied, still surprised. “Did you say Tracy’s kid was your friend?”

“Tracy reproduced?!” Darcy asked.

“Yeah!” I agreed. “That!”

Tracy huffed. “Come on, Mackenzie, we’re leaving.”

“Mom it’s Mack!” The child correctly, stomping her foot. “And I’m not leaving! I’m staying for the Princess’ party like you promised I would!”

“Yeah!” Lilac begged. “Please Miss Tracy? Mack told me you weren’t a demon spawn! Probably!”

“Lilac!” Mack and I gasped at her.

“Don’t snitch!” Mack added.

“Don’t-” Mack stole the words out of my mouth. “You know what? The kids can stay. Lilac needs more friends.”

“I like this plan.” Darcy added. She clicked her tongue at Mack, to Tracy’s further rage. “You’re a cool kid. Nice costume.”

“Winter Soldier.” Mack boasted. She held up her arm sleeve, rushing up to Darcy and ignoring her mother’s angry orders. “See? They even got the sleeve right!”

Darcy hummed. She looked up at me with a ‘this kid is so cool how can she be related to that thing’ look. A specific look but it paid off. I nodded in agreement.

“Did I stop Mom from killing her?” Lilac asked Thorax.

“You did your best, kid.” Thorax praised. “Except I think your friend did that by existing.”

“Winter Soldier...which one was that again?”

“Movie comes out-”

“Next year!” Mack cheered in excitement. “And I’m so excited for it! Even if mom says she won’t let me go.”

“You watch Marvel?”

“Now you gotta listen to us talk about when we went there.”

“Shut up! You didn’t!” Mack replied in awe.

“I was Night Mistress, daughter of Tony Stark.”

Mack squeaked in delight.

Which was the biggest sign that Mackenzie was gonna be a good friend to the Stardust family for years to come.


==DMLC==


Twilight Sparkle found me later that night, trying to pull Cookie away from my gifts.

Honestly they belonged to me and this shape shifted cat should understand!

“Hello Morgan.” She laughed. “I was going to ask how your night was going, only I see it’s normal for you.”

“Got into a fight, was scolded by mom and dad, and Lilac set the candles on fire. Even though I told Pinkie Pie not to make them trick candles, there they were. On fire again.” I shook my head, ruffling Cookie’s hair. The entire time I’d been talking she was crawling around my body.

Twilight snorted at us. “Yes. What a shame, for her to blow out your candles after you told her you could.”

“Well I was done with ‘em!” I excused. “And Darcy was only using them to burn Thorax’s skin, so everyone’s happy!”

There was a long pause.

“Everyone’s happy.” I kissed Cookie on the head, moving her head so she was looking Pinkie Pie’s direction. “Hey I think she has a toy for you.”

“Toy!” Cookie pushed her way out of my arms, running towards the pink human.

Once she made a good distance away, Twilight sat down beside me. “Morgan?”

“Everyone’s happy, Twilight.” I repeated. “Do you know how rare that is? I have my family, and we’re all happy. I have a boyfriend- or husband, it’s still confusing-, two beautiful daughters, my sister is alive. None of the Equestrians hate me- not even Shining Armor which still confuses me. The Changelings are friends to us now. They named Thorax ambassador to the Changelings and Humans! Who does that?”

“Queen Thorne really liked the two of you.” Twilight answered easy enough. “Not to say the rest of us disliked you but it was just- eh...”

“Haha, don’t worry Sparkle of Twilight. I won’t tell anyone you’re a massive dork.” I sat down in a nearby chair.

Looking over to the party, I saw Thorax showing Lilac, Mack, and other guests all the things he could shift into. Darcy was showing Mom and Dad that yes the dress passed fingertips.

“Morgan?”

“Yeah?”

“You say everyone’s happy...does that include you?”

“Yes it does.” I answered without hesitating. Glancing back to the pile of gifts, I sighed.

Twilight winced. “Are you sure?”

“Yes I am.” Came my assurance. “Which is why I’m thinking...there’s still unanswered questions. I shouldn’t be happy right now.”

“Morgan.” Twilight sighed.

“Garfield Logan is still out there, and he took Thorax’s sister just to get at me. To show that he’d taken both our sisters away and if he wanted he could take much worse because we have no idea who he really is.” I stressed. “But I’m telling myself to be happy tonight, for just one night, because there needs to be one night before I go back to this demented hell of a search. I even got revenge on my childhood bully! I should give myself one night.”

“You- what did you do to Seth?” Twilight asked.

“Told his mom on him.” I shrugged. “Nothing in the grand scheme, but meh. The child in me is satisfied. That and I’m at a birthday party with a guy from Spain who looks like when the genetics win. Do you see his chin?”

Twilight rolled her eyes and laughed. “You’re a mess.”

“Probably.” Then I grabbed Twilight’s hand, pulling her back to the party. “Pinkie Pie! Play some party music! It’s too slow in here!”

The party pony popped up behind Twilight, making the unicorn yelp. “You got it, Morgan!”

As soon as Pinkie vanished, music filled the large hall.

Twilight walked up to my side. She listened to the song start before glaring at me, good naturedly. “You think you’re funny.”

“Correction: I know I’m funny. Also I know that I have a partner to dance with- he just turned into a woman.” My brain shut down again.

Cause, cause he turned into a pretty woman. With long golden hair, eyes so blue I could see them from across the room, and a skin that glowed with the sun. And a glittering raspberry pink dress that hugged Thorax’s new hourglass curves but showed off the strong arms that could drag me all around the place if he so wished it.

Twilight giggled.

Oh, guess I said that outloud.

“I’m gonna flirt with my wife-I meant dance with my boyfriend.”

“Don’t worry, Morgan, I won’t tell anyone you’re a massive dork.” Twilight teased as I ran off to give Thorax a big kiss.

Unfortunately he (she?) turned his (her?) head at the last second, so I kissed his (her?) cheek.


==DMLC==


Except across the room, where a boy with dark eyes watched Morgan happily dancing with a changeling Thorax.

The longer he watched, the darker his eyes became. Until they were a full black.