• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 2,364 Views, 39 Comments

Discord's Family Vacation - DraconequusMaximus



Spike & Discord have happily been ruling the Chimera Kingdom for years & their son Draco is 5 years old now. While raising a child & running an empire are rewarding, it can also be tiring. So the trio decides to take a break & spend s

  • ...
16
 39
 2,364

Epilogue

Draco continued to grow like a weed in the next fifteen years, both mentally & physically. By the time he was twenty his body was twice the overall length of either of his parents. He had also become remarkably thin, he seemed very snake-like. He looped around several times when entering buildings to better fit places. He was most comfortable when soaring through the air above his the kingdom, able to stretch & move freely. He often snuck of to the sea since reaching adolescence to do the same in the water. He didn't develop any new powers beyond those that made themselves known during his childhood.

With the help of his parents he mastered his abilities fairly easily. He eventually mastered his ability to pass through solid objects while under careful supervision, though it took significantly longer than any if the other powers. He eventually told his parents with a heavy heart that he wanted to travel the world, but he would return once he had seen his fill. They keep their ears open for news from creatures that see the serpentine figure snake his way through the skies or the seas. Spike & Discord miss him dearly, but they know that they will be there with open arms when he returns. They have no doubt that their son will return to them one day. In the mean time the immortal couple has a growing country to tend to.

Author's Note:

Okay, so I officially suck at Epilogues & I apologize for that. I may or may not write a story about Draco's journey across the world.

For those of you that are still wondering, Luna's gaming sanctum password is: There are plenty of bananas on the moon

http://wulfricashbell.deviantart.com/art/Draco-421213932

That link is Draco age 20. I drew it myself so it's not a masterpiece or anything.

Comments ( 8 )
Comment posted by DraconequusMaximus deleted Jan 26th, 2014

Does anypony like mmmmmmmmmmmbananas? :trollestia:

Yes do the Draco adventures

4195202 It's cool, I googled it when I wrote this lol. Plus if you go through the comments I dropped a pretty big hint awhile back. Glad you like my Spike characterization & all too. I don't have much to look forward too but people enjoying my mediocre stories is always a pick me up. :scootangel:

Another great story from you! Enjoyed the whole thing. :pinkiehappy:

5321499 Draco has more diverse abilities than Spike, as Discord's powers are pretty hard to overshadow. Spike's dragon genes contribute to Draco having mostly reptilian features and Draco's breath powers are from both parents. Spike's fire breath and Discord's chaotic influence combined for ice breath.

I tried to make Draco's personality like Spike's, but a little more carefree. Also, Draco's personality was somewhat influenced by Twilight who introduced a young Draco to books. Draco's painting and artistic abilities are a reference to Spike's own artistic talents, such as Spike's spectacular piano playing ability seen in the show.

I didn't want Draco to be too much like either parent, since even though there are some similarities inherited from them he's his own person. Draco is sort of a happy medium between Spike and Discord. Most of his powers aren't actively magical, but more adaptive.

I did this because dragons in all sorts of literature vary greatly, but often relate to their environment. Between Spike and Discord he's like, sixty-five percent dragon or something. The only power with any offensive power would be his ice breath, the others being purely for surviving in any environment.

5801055 I don't have anything planned with them or Cherry-Mac, but you're welcome to adopt the OCs so long as you mention me in the author's notes of the story. I'd be sure to read it too. Let me know if you'd like to do anything with them.

Login or register to comment