• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 2,350 Views, 39 Comments

Discord's Family Vacation - DraconequusMaximus



Spike & Discord have happily been ruling the Chimera Kingdom for years & their son Draco is 5 years old now. While raising a child & running an empire are rewarding, it can also be tiring. So the trio decides to take a break & spend s

  • ...
16
 39
 2,350

Vacation!

The day was finally here, Spike had been waiting for this for ages. A day he didn't need to be signing documents until his claws ached. Discord helped as much as he could but a rising nation was difficult to manage while raising a child no matter how much magic or might you possessed. Draco was just as much of a clawful as and kid but the problem was that there was no guessing what powers or abilities he would grow into or discover. Being a completely unique organism made it impossible to know. Discord said that he discovered his abilities around Draco's current age but didn't master them until he made a celestial contract with Thuban centuries later. Spike was constantly worried about his beloved son's unknown fate, but for now his cares were far away.

Spike found Discord packing an absurd array of items into a suitcase that was apparently bottomless. Discord dropped an entire dresser into the suitcase somehow before Spike saw fit to speak up.

"Discord, we're only going away for a week. We don't need much stuff, & why a dresser? Neither of us wear clothes unless you're doing some kind of gag & even then you just poof them into existence." Spike asked genuinely curious.

"Well, I've never been on vacation before. How am I supposed to know what to bring? I want to make sure everything goes smoothly for Dracums first big trip away from home." Discord said as he unceremoniously tossed a saxophone & a very agitated changeling into the suitcase. Spike only sighed & pulled the insectoid pony back out & apologized for his husband's antics.

"Hun, we aren't taking any of the castle staff with us. Just you, me, & Draco." Spike said enumerating them with his claws as he spoke. Discord said nothing but his eyes darted to a hat box in the corner of the room. Spike put on an annoyed expression before opening the box. To his surprise, Gustav their griffon chef popped out & took a deep breath before exiting the room in a huff. Spike was sure to give him a substantial end of the year bonus.

"While you finish alienating the help I'm going to go get Draco. We'll meet you in the throne room in an hour." Spike said before giving Discord a peck on the cheek.

Spike walked down the hall to a bright teal door that had sign that read "Draco's room" in a multitude of colors. It was an early art project of Draco's. Being only five didn't slow their son down, he was already reading up a storm much to his grandmother's delight, as well as finger painting works of art that would make renaissance artists weep from the untamed beauty. Several had been sold for charity with Draco's permission. Spike opened the door to find his son's surprisingly orderly room. Strangely enough the room was empty at first glance. Spike's parental instincts kicked in immediately & he began to panic. He overturned everything he could in the room before he heard a loud giggling coming from above. Spike looked up to see Draco floating in mid air.

"Hi daddy! look at me! I'm just like papa!" Draco said as he spun in the air.

"Y-you're flying? But you're so young! Discord! Get in here!" Spike said as he ran to the hall. Discord poofed into the room in a kung-fu stance & immediately looked around the room for signs of trouble. He looked up to see his son floating above him, his expression changed to match Draco's. Pure delight.

"Draco! You're levitating! Papa's so proud! I couldn't do that until after I learned to use my wings!" Discord said as he joined him in the air. Spike was confused but sure enough Draco's little feathery wings were completely still. Spike was proud of the little guy but his fears of uncontrollable powers were creeping back. But he pushed them back again & joined his family in their revelry.

Soon after the trio arrived in the throne room Draco floating around his parents in orbit overjoyed at his new found power & the thought of seeing his extended family in Ponyville. Spike & Discord had put a hold on court for the week & a large number of changelings were to keep close watch & run maintenance. Their hivemind had been reestablished thanks to Discord's magic so long as they agreed to stay out of trouble. Spike went over everything several times with them even though they all retained each other's knowledge.

"Spikkkkkkkkeee"

"Daddddddddyyy"

His husband & son chorused behind him in perfect sync. He knew they were impatient so he admitted defeat & joined hands with them. Discord & Draco smiled brightly as Discord snapped his tail fur as if it were a hand. There was a bright flash of light & when it cleared they stood in the center of the Ponyville library which was run by Dinky Doo but was used as a go between when the Chimera Kingdom royals wanted to go directly to Ponyville. Dinky was payed handsomely for keeping this a secret. The library was closed today but there waiting for them was princess Twilight Sparkle. Before she could say anything a green giggling bullet knocked her to the floor with astonishing speed.

"Grandma! I missed you! Look what I can do!" Draco yelled as he floated around the room just as fast as he could. Twilight righted herself & looked at her grandson with wonder & back to Spike & Discord.

"When did this happen?" She asked eyes going back to Draco who was now looking over the books on the top shelf.

"Just this morning! Isn't it wonderful? Our little prodigy just added another skill to his already impressive list." Discord said with no small amount of smugness.

"We haven't seen him do anything else magic related yet but it seems it's definitely possible." Spike said with an equal measure of worry. Twilight sighed but continued to smile.

"Reminds me of the first time you stuck a ruby in your mouth, scared me to death when you took a bite out of it... Oh Celestia, I really do sound like a grandmother now don't I?" She asked as she summoned a mirror to check for gray hairs in her mane. Spike rolled his eyes but was used to her feeling older than she was.

"Well we tried giving him gems but he didn't seem to like them much." Spike said shrugging.

"They tasted like rocks!" Draco said floating back over to his family. He landed on Discord's head & began reading a book he had taken from the shelf. A collective "Awww" was heard from the older creatures but Draco merely made the "shh" motion with his little digits.

"We're in a library!" He whisper-yelled at them. Everyone present giggled at this but he merely continued reading. Twilight left a note for Dinky saying that Draco had borrowed a book & they left the library. First stop, Fluttershy's house.

Author's Note:

Papa= Discord
Daddy= Spike
This story just rattled around in my head too much for me not to start it. I still plan on finishing my other story My Shining Love soon but this couldn't wait apparently. Draco is five but is very intelligent & soaks up knowledge like a sponge. Throughout their vacation his powers are going to manifest themselves. I don't plan on making him have reality changing abilities or anything so don't worry.