• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,625 Views, 54 Comments

FlutterMac Group Collab - ADRNEL



A collection of short FlutterMac prompt stories

  • ...
15
 54
 1,625

Blankets by bahatumay

Blankets
by bahatumay

Applejack glared at the blankets, but no matter how she looked at them, there was definitely one missing. Last time she had counted, the large pink one had been missing.

But the large pink one was there, now. A bit dirtier, maybe; but it was definitely back. She scowled. Time to round up the usual suspects.

“Apple Bloom!”

Apple Bloom poked her head out from her room, a crayon still hanging from her mouth. “Yeah, sis?”

“Did you or another crusader take a blanket from the closet and not put it back?”

Apple Bloom shook her head. “We always put the blankets back when we're done with them. Last one we used was the picnic blanket, and we washed it and put it back after we tried parachuting with it.”

Applejack chuckled. “How well'd that work out?” she asked.

Apple Bloom shrugged. “It got caught on a tree branch and ripped, but we got off safely-”

Applejack quickly pulled the blanket in question out and held it up. Sure enough, a large rip now graced the center of the blanket. She looked over at Apple Bloom through the hole and raised an eyebrow.

“Uh… we're real sorry?” Apple Bloom tried.

Applejack set it down. “Oh, don't you worry your little head, Apple Bloom,” she said. “I ain't mad. But you know what?”

“What?”

“Now seems like a great time to try and get a mending blankets cutie mark!”

Apple Bloom winced; but to be honest, that was coming.


With Apple Bloom cleared, and Granny Smith asleep, this left only one possible culprit. Applejack waited in the dark. Sure enough, a large stallion crept over to the closet and returned a blanket, only to pull out another. Applejack's eyes narrowed. What would he need with a blanket at this time of night?

She followed him as he left the farmhouse. She lost sight of him in the darkness, but she was not about to let him get away without an explanation. She held still and listened. The bugs were quieter to her left, so she headed that way. She continued looking until she found him.
And when she did, her jaw dropped. There was Macintosh, and the blanket; but also inside that blanket was a very familiar yellow pony with a long, flowing pink mane. “What the hay?!” she stammered.

Fluttershy skittered out from under the blanket, revealing that they had been doing nothing but chaste cuddling. She held up her hooves placatingly. “Applejack-”

Applejack reached up and threw her hat on the ground. She stomped on it almost comically, her whole body spinning in a circle as she took out her rage on the poor headwear. “Gosh darn no good stinking prissy little-!”

Fluttershy froze. She had assumed Applejack might take this poorly, but never like this.

For his part, Macintosh was also surprised. “Applejack-?”

“-highstrung fancy stinking-!” With fantastic effort, Applejack managed to calm herself somewhat. She picked up her hat, dusted it off, and plopped it back on her head, none the worse for the wear. She gave both of them a tight nod, then turned around and stomped back towards the farmhouse.

“Applejack?” Macintosh asked. “Are you ok?”

“No, I ain't ok!” Applejack called back over her shoulder. “I owe Rarity twenty bits now!”

Author's Note:

The bet was about whether or not Big Mac played for the other team

Comments ( 6 )

Bad luck, Apple Bloom. :applecry:

Oh, Applejack... Who did you bet against? Big Mac or Fluttershy? :rainbowlaugh:

Just lol from start to finish :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::derpytongue2:

6447479

Author's Note:
The bet was about whether or not Big Mac played for the other team

Clearly, she and Rarity bet on her brother. :ajsmug:

6452037 Oh. Didn't see that. :twilightblush:

6452249 No trouble at all. :eeyup:

Login or register to comment