• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,625 Views, 54 Comments

FlutterMac Group Collab - ADRNEL



A collection of short FlutterMac prompt stories

  • ...
15
 54
 1,625

Relative by not the real VAV

Relative
by not the real VAV

Sun Crest trotted along, smiling, enjoying the privacy of nature. It was something he had gained from both his mother and father.
The young stallion was growing up, something that was devastating his mother. One of her foals wasn’t so little anymore. They’d spend their time at dinner with her ogling the twins, wishing they could go back in time.

His father, usually so strong and tough, had even gotten a little sad to find out Sun Crest was no longer a frail colt who need help every step of the way.

Maybe he could even find out where Tangerine Twirl was at these days. It had been a while since the Pegasus has seen his old colthood crush but certainly, many years later, she couldn’t have changed much.

Sun Crest kept up his pace, merely adventuring around the trail, seeing where it would lead to. He had never gotten out this far before. His mother and father had been protective. This trail was fairly close to the Everfree and everypony knew you didn’t underestimate the Everfree.

The colt with a crème coat had heard his mom’s adventures with her friends. They often traveled into the forest.

A sudden crash alerted the stallion, making him look about for the source.

It didn’t take long to find.

“Hey Crest!”

Sun Crest shook his head and mentally face-hoofed.

“Hey Prism.”

It was Prism Stream, Rainbow Dash’s son.

The stallion was a little younger than himself and a bit more immature. He had a pure white coat with a shaggy rainbow colored mane. His cutiemark was a pair of wings, a rainbow streak running in between them.

Prism Stream rubbed his head, searching for a bump. When he didn’t find one, he grinned, and sauntered over to Sun Crest.

“What’s up?” He flared out his wing.

Sun Crest arched an eyebrow.

Prism let out a playful groan, “How about a really cool wing bump? Y’know, like this.” Prism tapped Sun Crest’s wing which was still folded against his side.

Sun Crest rolled his eyes and opened his wing.

“Oh yeah!”

The tip of their feathers touched and the two retracted their wings.

“What have you been up to? Haven’t seen you in a while.”

It was true; both stallions hadn’t seen each other in at least a few months. Sun Crest wasn’t sure why they hadn’t met up but the two had never been to close to each other. Sure his mother was awfully close to Prism Stream’s mom, but the boys were complete opposites.

Sun Crest was introverted: shy, quiet, sweet, and kind.

Prism Stream was extroverted: loud, rambunctious, cocky, and daring.

Both took after their parents but, unlike Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, they had never been forced into an environment where they only had each other.

“I saw our mom’s friend, Twilight, the other day.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah. Just looking through some stuff. And I overheard my mom talking about her family. I got thinking. What if, in some weird way, we were related? Mom always said yours was like a sister in flight school.” Prism said, looking up to the sky.

“My mom doesn’t like to talk about her school years much. She said it brings back bad memories.”

The white stallion nodded. “Same.”

His wings suddenly flared and he bent down.

“Um? Okay?”

“Sorry. Gotta fly! Dad’s gonna take me for some lessons.” He took flight, zooming past Sun Crest. He arched an eyebrow, looking at the other young stallion.

“Cya bro!” he joked.

“Bye brother.” Sun Crest chuckled.

He watched his friend fly away and started to trot away. He thought to himself…maybe he wouldn’t have been that bad of a brother to have.

Author's Note:

Have some FlutterMac foal.