• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,625 Views, 54 Comments

FlutterMac Group Collab - ADRNEL



A collection of short FlutterMac prompt stories

  • ...
15
 54
 1,625

Sick by TwilightFox

Sick
by TwilightFox

“Ah-Ahhh… CHOOO!”

Birds, Bunnies, and various other assorted critters all took cover as the large, shivering red stallion seated on the couch erupted in a violent, explosive sneeze.

“Ah-chu!” A tinier, far less voluminous squeak of a sneeze came from the seat next to him.

A small white rabbit was the sole critter who held his ground. He sat in front of the pair on the couch, who were currently wrapped in his favorite blankets, dripping ice-cold water all over his favorite napping spot. The rabbit tapped his foot with his paws on his hips in frustration. Angel’s expression did little to hide his disdain for the situation.

Big Macintosh, his mane and coat still soaking wet, looked down to the small rodent, his teeth still chattering from the cold. “D-don’t l-look at me l-like th-that….Ah di-did’nt s-see you out t-there t-tryin’ t’ st-stop her….”

The bunny glared and crossed his paws over his chest.

“I-I’m s-sorry… I di-didn’t m-mean t-to be so m-much tr-troub-ble…” The tiny little voice softly apologized.

Big Mac just shook his head and continued stuttering. “P-please d-don’t ever sc-scare me like th-that again, su-sugarcube…. I th-thought I was gonna l-lose you….”

The timid little pegasus beside him lowered her eyes to the floor and pressed her ears flat against her head.

A soft, melodious voice came from the kitchen. “You scared both of us, dear… I was afraid I was going to lose you and your father…” The yellow coated and pink-maned mare fluttered in from the kitchen, carrying a large pot of hot water carefully in her forehooves. “And now you’ve both gone and caught a cold…”

“Why were you out on the frozen pond to begin with?” Fluttershy asked as she poured half the pot of hot water into the tub of cool water that the filly had her hind-hooves soaking in before pouring the other half in the tub she had prepared for her husband.

“Oh… no reason…” the filly began, fidgeting her little orange hooves together. “I just, felt like taking a walk, that’s all…” She grinned nervously.

“Honeycrisp Apple…” Her father glared firmly, using her full name.

The filly sighed and hung her head in defeat, causing a few strands of her soggy red mane to fall into her eyes. “Ya see… I heard aunt Apple Bloom’s stories about how she and her friends used to try all sorts of crazy things to try and earn their cutie marks, and it sounded like a really good idea! So….” She hid behind the soaked strands of her mane. “So I thought I’d try out ice skating…”

Fluttershy smiled and hugged her daughter close. “Oh, sweetie…” She tenderly pushed the strands of mane out of Honeycrisp’s face. “You can’t rush your cutie mark… Trust me, it will come when least expect it, and you’ll know when the time is right.”

Big Macintosh lended his own fatherly advice on the subject. “What ya should’a done was come and ask me before ya went by yerself…” His words were firm, but the hug he gave her was kind and sincere.

Fluttershy snuggled Honeycrisp closer and held her as if she was never going to let her go again. “I’m just glad my baby girl is alright…”

Big Mac pulled them both into a warm, loving hug of his own. “Eeyup…”

The family held their loving embrace for as long as they possibly could, until Honeycrisp suddenly looked up from the hug and sighed. “I’m still grounded, aren’t I?”

Without letting go of their daughter, Big Mac and Fluttershy answered in unison.

“Eeyup.”