• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,625 Views, 54 Comments

FlutterMac Group Collab - ADRNEL



A collection of short FlutterMac prompt stories

  • ...
15
 54
 1,625

Animals by Alex12

Animals

by Alex12

Macintosh awoke to a gentle poking. He squeezed his eyes shut, hoping to prolong his blissful slumber, but the poker was insistent. A certain fact went through the stallion's mind, and his eyes shot open with realization. Today was the day.
Carefully, ever so slowly so as not to wake the other occupant of the bed, he eased himself onto the floor and out of the bedroom. Only then did he give a respectful nod to the small white rabbit that had woken him.

When he got to the kitchen, Macintosh was amazed. He'd known his marefriend's animal friends were smart, but this was amazing. Everything was laid out perfectly for him to start. Fresh Sweet Apple Acres apples (though Macintosh wondered when they'd gotten them, since he certainly hadn't brought them from the farm), fresh flour and eggs, and all the other ingredients he'd need for the perfect breakfast. The most surprising thing was that Macintosh knew for a fact that that Fluttershy's favorite seasoning went for a minimum of 70 bits an ounce outside Cloudsdale. He decided not to wonder how they'd gotten it.

Two hours later, with breakfast as perfect as he and the animals could make it (and for a pony of Big Macintosh's culinary skills, this was indeed exceptional), there was just one detail missing.

"Where'd it go?" The stallion wondered. He searched for it, calmly at first, then more and more frantically as the object failed to appear. As he grew more worried, the animals that were helping him in this endeavor began to search too. Finally, Angel stopped for a moment before scampering off. Moments later, he returned, triumphantly bearing a small box.

"Oh, thank ya, little guy. Thank ya so much!" Macintosh gratefully took the box, loaded up everything on a tray, and made his way up to the bedroom.

He'd judged it perfectly, and opened the door just as Fluttershy was waking up up, looking beautiful as always.

"Happy Birthday, love. Ah made yer favorites!"

"Oh my!" The Pegasus beamed with pleasure. "You remembered! Thank you!"

The following minutes were spent in silence, with Fluttershy eating and Macintosh content to simply watch. Other ponies might have felt uncomfortable or compelled to fill the silence, but neither Fluttershy nor Macintosh were other ponies. They understood each other perfectly without words.

When Fluttershy was finished, Macintosh felt himself suddenly tongue-tied. His darting eyes found the window, only to see Angel standing there looking encouraging. Taking a deep breath, the stallion dropped into a sitting position, presented the box, and asked the most important question of his life.

"Fluttershy, will you marry me?"