• Published 27th Nov 2013
  • 912 Views, 11 Comments

Melchizedek - Super Trampoline



Before Nightmare moon, before King Sombra, before Discord, before Equestria, before the three tribes, before the royal sisters, I am. And tonight, I visit a very special somepony. It's her birthday after all.

  • ...
4
 11
 912

A Visit to the Castle

...yesterday afternoon...

He was a gentlestallion through and through, so he got Celestia's attention the old-fashioned way: he waited his turn. When he reached the front of the line, he smiled and said hello. Thanks to his cloaking of sorts, most ponies didn't seem to care that there he was waiting in line to petition the princess, but Celestia of course saw right through his shield of boringness. She took one look at him, and smiled a deeply knowing smile. "Long time no see, old friend."

She raised her hoof and he shook it. "Likewise. How long has it been? Fifteen years? Too long at any rate."

"You know you're always welcome here. Although I am holding court right now. Think we perhaps could catch up later?"

"Of course your majesty, I understand."

"Please Mel, we're both royalty here. Just call me Celestia. You know that."

He grinned. "What ever suits you Tia. Where and when would you like to meet?"

"If you want to hang around here, I'll be done with this in about an hour. Nay, actually, go explore Canterlot, I know how you like exploring. Meet me at the garden gate at 7:30 tonight. And welcome back."

"Thanks. It feels good. See you later alligator." He again shook her hoof, and then departed her presence, the room, and the castle, to visit a favorite bookstore of his for a few hours.


At 7:41 (He was late on account of having to tear himself away from a most excellent illustrated story which he regretted he had not the bits for. He vowed to get some currency exchanged with Celestia.), Melchizedek trotted up to the garden gate and knocked with a cutesy pattern he was not at all ashamed of. "Who's there?" an alto voice sounded. Sounded familiar, that is.

"It's Melchizedek."

"Melchizedek whooo-oooo?" she sing-songed. It took him a few seconds, but he was able to place the voice.

He sighed. "Luna, it's me. You know I don't have a last name."

Immediately the large door swung heavily open and inward, and he barely had time to prepare himself before a blue ball of fur slammed into him, pinning him in a hug.

"Oh my gosh Chizzy my friend! I thought-I thought I would never see you again! Tia told me of your return. Oh I am so so so so glad you are here. I-I-I..."

She let go of him. "I thought I had lost a friend."

He smiled and gave her a second, gentler hug in return. "Me too. I'm so glad you're back. So very glad."

They unwrapped from each other, and he began to trot through the entryway. Luna was surprised. "Pray tell, comrade, where do you think you're going?"

"Well," he replied as she cantered to catch up with him, "I imagine we will be be meeting in the auxillary tea room, where Celestia typically greets foreign dignitaries is it not?"

Luna looked somewhat baffled. "I-but... yes, but well... how did you know that? And are you aware of its location within these castle walls?"

He gave her a sad, sad look, as they passed some guards positioned at the doorway they crossed under. "I'm so so sorry Luna. But you were gone a thousand years. I was not. I daresay I know these walls better than you."

Luna looked crestfallen. "Yes, I suppose this is true. BUT! 'Tis no time for sadness-sodden reflections. I'm sure Celly is eager to catch up with you, and I a hundred times more so! To the tea room!" she declared. She galloped down a hall in a flash and was gone.

Melchizedek giggled and grinned. "Nope, she hasn't changed." And he walked off to join her.

Comments ( 11 )

I'm liking this. Can't imagine what's happening next!

3822086 I can :raritywink:! And I'm slowly working on writing it!

3822145
Slowly is better then not at all! :pinkiehappy:

I'm kinda sad I didn't find this sooner, though I prefer the first chapter to the second, small as they are.
Point of clarity, though: Who is Melichidezik Melchizedek? Or will this be explained later?

EDIT: Complicated names are haaaard.

3976214 Don't worry, it will (mostly) all be explained. I have like 80% of the next chapter written. Maybe I'll try to finish tonight! Glad to see your interest in it! :pinkiehappy:

3976266 so how is the next chapter it's been 26 weeks (6 months almost 7) since you said

I have like 80% of the next chapter written. Maybe I'll try to finish it tonight

Are you gonna update this or is it dead foreeeewveerrrr :raritydespair: :fluttercry::fluttershysad:

Come on 124weeks really

7377109 yep! Not dead! But you're right I should get around to updating it

Login or register to comment