• Published 14th Nov 2013
  • 3,728 Views, 24 Comments

What Would Big Sister Do? - River Road



The Cutie Mark Crusaders are left to ponder about the real nature of their sisters, and come to some unsettling conclusions. With Happy Ending, because everything else would be mean.

  • ...
0
 24
 3,728

Epilogue

Luna trotted through the hallways of Canterlot Castle, the only pony in the dim light of the early morning sun.

The night had been interesting… That filly from Ponyville, Scootaloo, had experienced another nightmare, something concerning a manticore attack in the dreaded Everfree Forest. What was far more interesting, however, was that her two friends had experienced not just similar nightmares, but almost exactly the same dream, at the same time. Even if they had been involved in the same traumatizing experience during the day, something like that was very rare and suggested a strong connection between the three friends.

Luna was quite proud how she had solved the problems in the end, linking the fillies’ sisters (and ‘adopted sister’) to their respective dreams. She had watched the results and had been very pleased with how things had turned out. It seemed that whatever thoughts had bothered the fillies had been resolved once and for all.

Luna reached the balcony and noticed the pony she had been looking for standing outside, watching the ponies of Canterlot begin their daily business. She trotted through the door, silently walking up to the figure.

“You’re still awake?” Celestia asked, not taking her gaze off the city. “I would have thought that you would go to rest after a long night of work.”

Luna stopped right beside her sister, looking over the railing at the city. “I agree that normally I would. However, I felt like watching the sun rise for a while before I go to rest today.”

“Luna, stop this madness, this isn’t you!”

“I’m sorry, Luna. I’m so sorry…”

“It has been so many years, Luna. I miss you, little sister.”

“I’m so sorry! I missed you so much, big sister.”

“I missed you, too.”

Celestia looked down with mild surprise. Luna had scooted closer to her, nuzzling her neck happily. The older Princess smiled and wordlessly wrapped a wing around her sister. It had been far too long since they had shared a moment like that.

Author's Note:

If you liked this story, you might also enjoy my other recent story.
It still has far too few views, and that's a shame, because it's one of my best ones yet, in my opinion.

Comments ( 16 )

Sweet epilogue bro!
At the beginning you really hit the sad mark but in the end it was like your other stories, cheerful and sweet. You did, as always an awesome job!:heart:

3488672

And you are just as loving and full of praise as ever. :ajsmug:

Not that that's a bad thing. :raritywink:

3488850

Forever Tia's little sister. :twilightsmile:

3488537 Oh its only creepy because as cool as dreamwalking is it still gives me the hibbie jibbies. Also I know it makes this sight somewhat annoying at times.

3488976

It does have some creepy-potential, when you think about it.

Also, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments; I have three or four awesome and loyal Followers, but I really need more readers like that.

3488988 I'm working through some of your stories now. I'm not really a loyal fan. I mean if I enjoy stories I upvote and read them. I don't like them I stop reading and leave. I'm not a good enough Author to be a critic or leave all that helpful of commentary.

3488992

But you left a comment anyway... That's all an author really wants usually. :heart: :fluttershysad:

3489029 I did I really liked the story

3489033

I suggest reading this one, then.
It's another one-shot I wrote recently, I really like how it turned out, and there are some similarities to this story.

Linked dreams. :trixieshiftright: Interesting...

3492045

I didn't just want the Crusaders to just have a dream to cope with their mental troubles, I wanted to show that it really is what their sisters think.
Thank you for noticing, and thank you for commenting. Every comment I get makes my day a little brighter. :twilightsmile:

3489553

:heart::heart::heart:

Comment posted by River Road deleted Nov 19th, 2013

3681353

Why thank you. I knew right from the start that the repetitions would be... straining, to put it lightly. I did try my best to mix it up as best as I could.
The thing is that I wanted to show the small differences between the three Crusaders - and the similarities between their three sisters.

Anyway, thank you so much for your comment. There's nothing better for an author than people actually telling you what they like or dislike about your work.

Well, that was an adorable read.

Thanks for writing! :yay:

5023918

And thank you for commenting. :heart:

Who doesn't enjoy an ironically happy ending?

Login or register to comment