• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,014 Views, 63 Comments

Pony Strikers Charged - ZeroChill



Discord gets 15 ponies to play in Mario Strikers Charged-style hoofball

  • ...
2
 63
 1,014

Tournament Set-up

Everypony that did not put on a gauntlet had already placed their hooves into one. Everypony had also changed into their hoofball uniform. Derpy wore thick, metal plating around her torso that was surprisingly light. It was a platinum color. Her cleats and gauntlet were colored to fit into the platinum color scheme. Braeburn and Fluttershy’s uniform colors were a butter-yellow color. Braeburn retained his signature hat, but gained a breathable nylon shirt that stopped at his knees. His knees and hooves were covered in titanium alloys. Fluttershy also gained a nylon shirt just like Braeburn. However, her shirt extended down towards her hooves. Her knees were guarded with a flexible, shiny metal that protects from even the greatest of strikes. Rarity was bedazzled in an aqua-blue uniform that sparkles with life. Her expertly-crafted uniform was sewn together with precious hard metals and diamonds, making the beauty of her uniform very effective in guarding against rough-housing. Pinkie Pie’s attire was pink and armored, yet looked very contradictory. Her legs were completely coated in hot pink guards, which would restrict the movement of her legs. She only wore a pink shirt. In addition, her mane deflated along with her vibrant colors. Derpy looked around the navigation center with a look of honest confusion on her face.

“Where’s Turner?” Derpy asked. Rarity saw that the good Doctor was not among them.

“Hmmm, maybe he could have gone back into his room. I noticed that there is a gauntlet missing here. Otherwise, everypony has their gauntlet.” She responded. In a sudden moment, the door that leads into the hallways opened. Behind the door was a gray uniform-claded Doctor Whooves. His uniform was metallic in nature, yet it appeared as flexible as cloth. Looking into the uniform revealed a transparency effect. The most different feature on him was that his gentle eyes appeared to be clouded in a form of madness. Doctor Whooves strut towards the room with a confident smile on his face. Derpy floated over to Doctor Whooves and smiled.

“Turner! You’re back! The announcement is going to start at any moment now!” Derpy said.

“I’m very excited for that wish. Just imagine the moment when I win… the secrets of the universe will be all mine!” Doctor Whooves stated excitedly.

“Ummm… are you okay Turner?” Derpy asked.

“I am more than okay Derpy! This gauntlet made me feel amazing! Plus, free wish!” Doctor Whooves stated with the grin of a maniac. “I will take down everypony that dare goes in my way! Make no question of that.” He said through a mix of screaming and calm composure. He turned back to the monitor. In that time, Fluttershy slowly walked up to Derpy.

“Ummm, I don’t think he’s okay at all.” Fluttershy whispered. Derpy looked towards what was in front of her and tilted her head with a puzzled expression. Everypony turned towards the monitor. Various head sprites of ponies shuffled along the screen. It passed ten seconds before the images stopped shuffling around. The pairings were displayed:

Round 1

Doctor Whooves vs. Braeburn

Derpy Hooves vs. Rainbow Dash

Rarity vs. Lyra Heartstrings

Fluttershy vs. Vinyl Scratch

Luna vs. Applejack

Bonbon vs. Twilight Sparkle

Pinkie Pie vs. Octavia

Celestia looked at the screen as she tried to find her icon.

“Do not worry about not being able to find your icon Celestia.” She turned back and saw that Star was behind her. “There are fifteen contestants here, and you still would be able to get a point for the Round Robin by betting on who would win. If a minor majority of your guesses are correct, then you shall earn a point for round 1.” It stated.

“Wait… you want me to bet on my own ponies for a point?!” Celestia stated in surprise. “I’m sorry Star, but I’m going to have to not take the point. I have to be impartial to everypony.” She said.

“But… what about your wish?” Star questioned.

“As tempting as removing suffering from the entire world would be, I would have to decline if it meant showing favoritism towards ponies. That’s just not how I work Star. I don’t want to force this situation upon anypony either, so I’m going to be dropping out of this tourney.” Celestia responded. Star sighed.

“Very well then Princess. You sure can be complicated.” It said somewhat irately. It walked away as the rest of the ponies in the room looked towards the monitor. Braeburn smiled as he his pairing. He looked towards Doctor Whooves and walked in his direction.

“Well, it seems like the only two stallions in this group get to rough it up in the fire pit. Good luck to you Doctor.” Braeburn held his hoof out only to have it slapped away by Doctor Whooves.

“Luck is for those who do not have the skill to win.” Doctor Whooves said viciously. Braeburn turned back towards Derpy with a confused expression.

“What’s wrong with him?” He asked. Derpy shrugged her shoulders and shook her head. Applejack turned towards Luna with a serious stare in her eyes.

“Ah know she’s gonna be the contender t’ win. Ah won’t hold back against her.” She said to herself. Rarity turned to Lyra Heartstrings with a warm smile.

“Well Lyra, it seems fate has pitted the two of us together. I wish the best of luck towards your endeavors for an enjoyable game.” She said happily.

“Thanks Rarity. You too!” Lyra responded. Rainbow Dash tapped Derpy by her shoulder.

“Look Derpy, I’m going to be winning that wish, and there’s nothing you can do that will say otherwise!” Rainbow Dash said very cockily.

“Okay.” Derpy said nonchalantly. Rainbow Dash’s face deadpanned.

“You’re boring.” She responded. Octavia looked Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie has a very sinister look in her eyes that froze Octavia’s blood. Regardless, Octavia shook off the feeling and walked towards Pinkie Pie.

“I really hope you will enjoy this match like I will enjoy it.”

“This world is depressing…” Pinkie Pie responded. Octavia became silent.

“Now, may I have Braeburn and Doctor Whooves arrive before the monitor?” Star asked. The two stallions walked over to Star, curious about what it has to say. “Since the first match is between the two of you, I want you to summon your sidekicks.” Star said. Braeburn turned over to his gauntlet and took out the stylus from the side. He tapped each box on the screen and scrolled through the characters. As he finished, three blue beams shot from the gauntlet. The sidekicks that spawned were a yellow Birdo, a yellow-clad Monty Mole and a Toad with a yellow uniform. Braeburn looked up to see that Doctor Whooves had already summoned a gray-painted Dry Bones, a Boo in a gray helmet and a gray-uniformed Hammer Bro.

“You’re too slow Braeburn. I hope this doesn’t show your performance down on the field below.” Doctor Whooves replied in a playfully vicious tone.

“Whoa pardner! That was an uncalled for statement!” Braeburn screamed back.

“How was it uncalled for? I didn’t insult you. I just merely stated the truth.” Doctor Whooves replied with stride. Braeburn stared angrily towards Doctor Whooves and then back towards Star.

“How long would it take before we are teleported down there?”

“You can go down there whenever you want Braeburn.” Star replied.

“I’m going to beat you so bad Doctor for the honor of all of AAAAAPPALOOOOSAAAA!” Braeburn whinnied out.

“Great, now I get to take down an entire town of hicks rather than just one hick.” Doctor Whooves replied.

“That’s it! I’ve had enough of your smart-alecky talk!” As Braeburn said this, both he and Doctor Whooves were transported out of the hull. Rainbow Dash looked towards the smoking areas and noticed that they were not over any platforms.

“Ummm, how did they warp out of here?” She asked.

“I’ll be honest; I warped them out of here. I don’t want them to fight here.” Star replied as its hands steamed with power. “Now, we get to see them kill each other on the field below!” It said enthusiastically.

“….yeah…” Rainbow Dash said uncertainly. All the ponies onboard remained silent.

Author's Note:

So now the Round Robin has been started, we can expect some more action to happen. Also, I'm going to have to make a request for cover art soon.

Comments ( 4 )

Pinkie made me think of Numbah 3 from KND in Operation C.A.R.A.M.E.L.

Personally, I believe the match-up between Braeburn and the Doctor could be very one-sided unless the latter's gauntlet corrupts his logic and wit.

3829983

Well, his logic and wit is corrupted. Plus, Braeburn's got some surprises of his own.

Finally! I got the review up on the PRaCG forums. You can read it here! Sorry for the delay.

Mario Strikers Charged did not buck around.

Login or register to comment