• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,014 Views, 63 Comments

Pony Strikers Charged - ZeroChill



Discord gets 15 ponies to play in Mario Strikers Charged-style hoofball

  • ...
2
 63
 1,014

Into the Fire

“What do you mean ‘you can’t teleport us out?!’ Why can’t you get us out here?” Twilight screamed. “You were able to do it a few days ago, or was it a week? Gah, it felt like forever since we were last in here!”

“Please try to remain calm Twilight.” Celestia gently said. She looked into Discord’s eyes. “So this warp of yours… do you know what could be causing it?" She asked. Discord put one of his talons onto his chin and started pondering.

“Weeeeelllll, I know of three explanations how this can be happening. First off, there could be a temporary build-up of an anti-magical substance in the atmosphere. We just have to wait it out until it goes down to a more suitable level. The second one is that there is a large disturbance coming from a certain location in this world that prevents chaotic power from escaping the world. Aaand the third one is…” Discord said as he held his ponderance stance.

“Ummm, if you don’t mind Discord, I think we would all like to hear what you would say.” Celestia said with a forced smile.

“Well, I know this method well, but I don’t think you would like to hear it. But, since you insisted, an omnipotent foe from this world does not want us to leave.” Discord said flatly.

“Did we even make any deities of this world angry?” Luna said in confusion. “I’m very sure that we haven’t traveled much to enrage anypony here.”

“Again, I only said that it is a possibility. It’s the least likely possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.” Discord clarified.

“Hmmm, how do we tell the others who have been brought along this?” Celestia said.

“Now we move into our second problem: we can’t tell them that I cannot teleport us out of here. Could you imagine the uproars of angry ponies after they hear that? Be cautious that some of them are wearing the gauntlets, and there will be nothing but pure, utter destruction onboard the Stormship. We’ll lose all of our lives before we get out of this world.” Discord said. Celestia opened her mouth to say something, but closed it and put her hoof onto her chin. She opened her mouth again, but closed it before saying anything.

“It’s a weird thing to say, but Discord’s logic has reasoning to it. Many ponies here seem very irate over the events that have happened recently, and all they want to do is just go home. If we tell them that we can’t send them home, then who knows how volatile their actions will be.” Celestia turned back to Twilight Sparkle, whose eyes and mouth were widely opened in worry. “I know just how painful it is to know that you have to hide the truth from your friends Twilight. But for the sake of the safety of everypony else, you mustn’t drop even a hint of truth.”

“I know. It’s just that… it’s going to be painful to hold onto.” Twilight said.

“Just remember Twilight, timing and place is everything. If you say something at the wrong place at the wrong time, then the worst possible thing will happen. It’s a part of being a princess, and I know you can handle it.” Celestia said. “Otherwise, I’ll have to regrettably beat some sense into you. I hated doing it, but it worked.” Twilight bit her bottom lip in surprise, but she nodded regardless.

“I’ll hold onto it Celestia. If I can stand being crazy, then I can stand being a vessel of truth that nopony can access.” Twilight said. As she did, a nearby speaker blared from the top corner of the room.

“Everypony onboard, please come out of hiding and report to the navigation room please.” The voice said.

“Huh, I wonder why we are needed there.” Luna said.

“Well, the sooner we get there, the sooner we will know.” Celestia said as she walked out of the door.

“Well, I gotta leave like the rest of you. Maybe from there I can understand what is blocking my universal manipulation abilities.” Discord said as disappeared in smoke. Luna and Twilight awkwardly looked at each other. They both looked away, and silence followed for a few seconds.

“This is a bit awkward. I mean… I just…” Twilight hesitantly said. Luna held up her right forehoof and closed her eyes.

“Save your breath Twilight. I have already forgiven you, so you don’t need to say anything.” Luna quickly said. “Besides, if I have any further transgressions with you, then I would be able to take it out on the field against you.”

“Well, alright Luna. I trust you.” Twilight said. The two of them walked out of the door.


Everypony gathered in the navigation room. All of them chatted among themselves, but Lyra, Bonbon, Rarity and Fluttershy gathered around Doctor Whooves and Derpy, who were in the middle of telling a tale.

“So there we were, hidden in the nearby closet. We thought we were safe since nopony would ever look in the room closest to them first. Then, we saw Twilight break through the wall as well as Luna and a slew of her teammates going through the debris damage. From that point on, I knew that I had to move into another room, especially since there was a whole lot of horrific screaming going on near us.” Doctor Whooves said.

“Yeah, and a Boo watched us.” Derpy finished.

“My… that sounds like the… delightful story.” Rarity hesitantly said. “Fluttershy, where were you when everything happened?”

“Ummm… I was wandering in the hallways. Most of these rooms looked very scary, but thankfully nopony got hurt.” Fluttershy said.

“You know what Doctor? You are insane for thinking you can hide near the action.” Bonbon flatly stated. “I mean, you nearly put poor Derpy here in harm’s way.” She said as she pointed towards Derpy, whose eyes ignorantly pointed towards different direction.

“Relax Bonbon, Derpy is fine. I’m more concerned with how Luna or Twilight ended up. Those two really got at it!” Lyra said with an irrationally exuberant expression. “You should have seen how Twilight looked at me! They were filled with such vice, such beauty! It was something to die for, and I would have died as well!” Fluttershy, Rarity and Fluttershy each took a step back away from Lyra. Bonbon tapped Lyra’s shoulder.

“Ummm, Lyra, you’re scaring everypony again.” Bonbon stated. Lyra lowered her eye lids and smiled sheepishly.

“Heh, sorry everypony.” As she said this, Discord warped into the room with a smoky entrance, followed by Celestia walking through the front door. Luna and Twilight horizontally adjacently walked into the room as well. Everypony went silent for a moment as the most powerful beings entered. Vinyl Scratch and Rainbow uncomfortably rubbed their hooves when their eyes saw Twilight.

“Umm, Princess…” Vinyl Scratch said with a sheepish grin. She rubbed her neck with her hoof and began to sweat. “So… I suppose you aren’t going to kill me… are you?”

“Look Vinyl, I wish to apologize to everypony here. I wasn’t really right in the head after I saw two of my best friends die. In fact, I took it horribly. Can you ever forgive me?” Twilight said as she craned her neck downward. Lyra ran over to Twilight and hugged her by her neck, which caused everypony in the room to gasp. “Ummm, Lyra, remember that teeny discussion we had a while back on personal space?” Twilight said with a forced smile.

“It’s wrong to run up to ponies and touch them when they least expect it.” Lyra said with a sigh. “But, I accept your apology Princess. Thanks again for bailing me out of jail after I did that.” Lyra said happily. As she finished, Star rose up from the bottom platform.

“Everypony? Is everypony here? Yes, well I have some very surprising news.” The ponies each turned towards Star, who spoke from a monitor. “A once in a lifetime event happened within the Fire Pit. A spike of omnipotent energy happened and whoever claims the prize through a hoofball tournament gets a free wish.” Star said.

“A free wish? Well, while I would question the ethics of a free wish, this entire hoofball world is messed up. Therefore, I shall join in on the sadistic game and have my wishes of an upgraded TARDIS come true.” Doctor Whooves said happily.

“Oh my, a free wish… I could probably have the world’s biggest menagerie in my own backyard filled with animals that I can only wish to see.” Fluttershy said as she closed her eyes and smiled widely. She mentally screamed in joy.

“The biggest party ever with cake and a bunch of frosting…” Pinkie Pie said as she began to drool in her frosting fantasies.

“I see everypony likes the concept of a free wish. Well then, those that haven’t put on their gauntlets should put them on now! Star out.” As star said this, the screen that he was on turned off. Everypony that didn’t have a gauntlet ran over to the shelves and grabbed one. Twilight, Luna and Celestia looked at Discord curiously.

“Ummm Discord, what exactly are the Fire Pits?” Celestia asked.

“I’m glad you asked Celestia. The Fire Pits is the summit of an active volcano. You’re all going to need burn heals after a game though.” Discord happily said. The three princesses looked at each other cautiously before facing Discord again. “Though, I never remembered a free wish being a part of this world before. Something just isn’t adding up… on the other hand, this could probably be where the magical disturbance can be coming from. If we solve this problem, then we can get out of here.” Discord said. “Oh well, I’m going to make sure that nopony gets hurt from their actions.” Discord nonchalantly walked over to the gauntlet shelves, where ponies began to fight over the gauntlets.

Doctor Whooves retreated back into his room with a morbid curiousity. He opened a drawer inside of his desk and took out a gauntlet. He smiled greatly.

“With this gauntlet, the free wish will be mine. I’m sure of it!” He said with a higher-pitched voice. He put the gauntlet over his hoof. The gauntlet’s screen flashed a light blue before he was enshrouded in a virulent flash. As the light disappeared, a black silhouette was in place in the darkened room. The silhouette smiled before it laughed loudly.

Author's Note:

This chapter is a bit short, but that's not important. What is important is that there's going to be a round robin swiss tourney, and I need your help to decide the match-ups. Also, Discord is right. Something is very fishy about a free wish in something that represents a chaotic hole of infernal desires...