• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,013 Views, 63 Comments

Pony Strikers Charged - ZeroChill



Discord gets 15 ponies to play in Mario Strikers Charged-style hoofball

  • ...
2
 63
 1,013

Prologue

Discord sat in an opulent armchair in his room. He looked around to see that everything was constantly rotating, including the room itself. The only thing that remained the same was the chair he was sitting in, which was floating comfortably above the rapidly moving room. With his elbow resting on a red, velvety arm rest, he dropped his face onto the palm of his hand and sighed. He stared at the spinning room.

“Is there anything at all to do around here? Ever since I was reformed, Celly just keeps me in here until I have an errand to do for her. It’s just so… BORING!” Discord threw his arms into the air in anguish and dropped his face onto the arm rest. “There has to be something I can do in this time. I can’t leave this room-“He erected his back to sit up and snapped his talon fingers, which created a head of Princess Celestia made completely out of raw, dripping cake batter and rainbow-colored frosting. “-or else you will be turned back into stone, be banished to the moon, or be banished to the moon as a stone statue!” Discord ventriloquized as he mockingly opened his talons along with the movement of the cake batter effigy. The head dropped down onto the spinning room, which caused the walls to change from a pristine white to a dry cream color with rainbow strips. He slowly smiled.

“Well, that was slightly amusing to see.” He admitted to himself. Discord then hunched himself on the chair and began to tap his chin with his claw. “I am probably missing something. I know I am. I’ve been around longer than five-thousand years, so I am bound to have something in my personal bag.” In that instant, a large, brown bag with a smiley face on the flap materialized in front of him. He unbuttoned the flap and lifted it away, and then he proceeded to rummage through his bag. “Let’s see what we have here.” He lifted and threw out many different objects including a rotting, disembodied monkey hand with a gas sack, a dark purple book with germaneic runes, a screeching green blob-like creature with a single blue eye and six tentacles, and a white t-shirt with “World’s Best Dracoequus” written in colorful letters. When he finished looking through his bag, he threw it across the room in frustration. In that moment, the room stopped spinning.

“I’ve already played with every one of these things. They bore me now. Why did I even think that a bag I checked through many times would have something new for me?” The brown bag that was thrown inflated a bit before burping out a gray, spherical object which collided with Discord’s face. He covered his face after the sphere rebounded and landed on the floor. He hovered over to the object that hit him and examined it. The ball had a metallic, industrial look to it with two large craters on opposite sides and two smaller craters on the horizontal opposite sides. All craters were linked together with deep lines that wrap around the ball. Discord slowly poked it with his lion’s paw and rapidly moved it back after the ball shook and the craters flashed a deep yellow color. The light leaked into the lines and poured back into the other craters. Suddenly, he realized just what the ball was.

“Why, this is the hoofball that I got when I was young! But, there was something very important about this ball that I am forgetting.” He pondered for a moment until a lightbulb literally flashed and exploded above his head. “Eureka! This hoofball contains its own universe for playing hoofball in! Best of all, this very hoofball is used to play in that universe. I wonder if Celly would be interested in a game of hoofball with me.” He dropped his feet onto the ground and walked around when an unsavory smile crept up on his face. “Why should I stop there? I should invite my friends and other ponies to partake in such joys! But, outside of the Elements of Harmony, Celly and Lulu, who else should I invite?” Discord walked over to an open space of the room and snapped his talons, which materialized a giant wheel in smoke. The wheel had various faces of ponies in their own sections and an arrow at the top. “I should always leave decision-making to luck!” He grabbed onto a prong on the wheel and spun it downward.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was three hours past noon and Princess Celestia walked down the hallways with a cheerful expression on her face. No guards were present with her. As she came across a midnight blue door with a crescent moon on it, she knocked the door. A bit of a sleepy whine was heard beyond the door. Princess Celestia took this opportunity to invite herself in by opening the door and allowing light into the room. The room was filled with dark blue décor and a round bed the radius of a carriage. In the bed was a dark blue alicorn with an ethereal mane made of stars. Her eyes were red from waking up.

“Tia! Thou art advised that our bedtime doth ebb at dusk!” She screamed in her Royal Canterlot Voice.

“Lulu, you’re screaming in old dialect again.” Princess Celestia stated in a deadpanned tone. Princess Luna covered herself with her sheet out of embarassment.

“Well, we-er, I was just a bit cranky from being woken up is all. So tell me sis, what brings you to my bed chambers today?” Princess Celestia walked over to her sister’s bed and sat down on it. Princess Luna’s head peered out from under the sheets to see the face of her sister.

“I can’t spend time with my dear sister? It’s been a while since we’ve hung out.”

“Tia, we both spent time together yesterday, and the day before at this hour.” Princess Celestia’s eyes moved left and right as she nervously looked around the room before she coughed.

“Uhm, goodness, would you look at the time? I guess I should head out now!” She got up from the bed and quickly trotted over to the door. However, Princess Luna cleared her throat, catching Princess Celestia off-guard.

“Let me guess: you are on break again, so you don’t know what to do to entertain yourself and you come into my room to tell me about how your busy day of dealing with nobles went.”

“Am I really that easy to read?” Princess Luna nodded. Princess Celestia sighed as she walked back towards her sister. “Lulu, what do you do to have fun outside of sleeping?” Princess Luna smiled.

“I’d thought you’d never ask Tia!” Her horn flashed a dark blue color which illuminated her entire room. More details of the room were revealed, including a couch made of dark blue velvet materials and a 16-inch high-definition plasma screen TV. Next to the system was a myriad of various different gaming consoles with a large shelf full of different titles. “In my free time, I tend to play these delightfully entertaining games. Who knew that I can have the fun of destroying my enemies without the consequences of it?” Princess Celestia looked at each different console curiously. Perhaps the one that caught her attention the most was a purple cube with four controller sockets and two memory card slots for its face. The back had an arched handle and the top had three different buttons.

“What is this one? It looks very unusual.” She asked as she looked around the system.

“That is the Neightendo GameCube. It plays these small discs which all have a game program in it. I love most of the games on it, but our subjects say that it is their least favorite console. Want me to set it up for us to play? And I do mean us.” Princess Luna giggled at her own joke.

“Ummm, sure, that would be lovely.” Princess Celestia stated with uncertainty. Princess Luna walked into a walk-in closet. It was filled with black regalia each imprinted with a crescent moon. As she walked down the closet, she smiled as she found a drawer on the wall which was labeled ‘GameCube accessories’. She opened it, which was filled with neatly coiled wired, controllers and other objects. Using her magic, she levitated two controls, a memory card and two adapters out of the drawer and ran out of the closet. Just as she came out, she saw that her sister was reading a scroll, which then erupted into colorful confetti.

“What was in that letter Tia?” Princess Celestia looked back at her sister, who was still levitating the wires needed to play. She scowled.

“It seems Discord wants me to come outside to the badlands for something. Apparently, he is including other ponies in his meeting, but I really don't know why.” Hearing what her sister said made Princess Luna squeal with joy.

“Oh, he probably wants to play again. The fun has been doubled!”

“Wait, you actually spend time with him? I thought I asked for no visitors in his room.”

“I have two things to say to you. One, I visit him when you are sleeping and we play together. I even bring him over to my room to play these video games. And two, you treat him too harshly. I say we should see what he wants us to play.” Princess Celestia sighed.

“Then this better be some game. If he ends up wasting my quality time with you for some stupid prank, then I’m going to put him in stone and banish him to the moon. No offense to you though Lulu.”

“None taken Tia.” Both of the royal princesses’ horns flashed a dark blue and a bright yellow. Afterwards, they disappeared from the room.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Discord was looking down at his wrist, looking down at a silver watch. His feet were planted on the rocky landscape. Immediately one second later, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna poofed in front of him, each one with a different expression. Princess Luna smiled as she went up to Discord and hugged him. He returned the hug back.

“How are today Discord? My sister didn’t treat you too horribly, now did she?”

“Oh, you know the usual. She keeps me locked up in my room and only takes me out to help ponies.” Princess Celestia cleared her throat, which caught Discord’s attention. She had an intense stare that was filled with agitation. It was directed towards him. His face turned from a joyous expression to a stoic one. “Hi Celly.” He said unamused.

“Discord. Now that we got introductions out of the way, you better have a good reason for going past the limits you were set.”

“I’ll explain when everypony else teleports here.” He stated flatly.

“Wait, what do you mean ‘teleport’ here?” Celestia stated. Suddenly, thirteen individual flashes appeared before them, each bringing in a pony of their own.

“Ah, here they are now!” Discord stated. Thirteen ponies each of them fell flat on their faces except for Twilight, who fell on her wing.

“Owwwww…” Twilight said while rubbing her wing. Rainbow Dash stood up first and looked around to see Discord, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

“Where are we? And why are all of these ponies here?” She stated. Rarity was less than pleased when she found that the dust had dirtied her pristine coat.

“Ewwww, why did I have to fall on a dust cloud? Don’t you know how easy it is for dust to ruin your coat?” She whined.

“Awww, come on sugarcube. It’s just a little dirt. It wouldn’t hurt ya.” Applejack stated. She looked around to see that Braeburn was right next to her.

“Hey cousin Applejack, what’re ya doing here in AAAAPPPALOOOSSA!?”

“Can it Braeburn. We ain’t in Appaloosa. We’re just outside of Ponyville, and some dastardly trick teleported me here while ah was bucking mah apple trees!” Applejack stated, annoyed about the situation. Pinkie Pie shrugged.

“It’s not like it’s the worst thing that happened to us. And look, the princesses are here. Hi!” She stated happily, allowing Princess Celestia to smile once in her trip. “See, if she can smile in this situation, then I say we are in good hooves.”

“Oh, I’m not sure if it is good to have left so suddenly. I still haven’t given my animals their dinner yet.” Fluttershy stated worriedly. She flew over to Discord and whispered in his ear. He looked back at her and nodded happily, snapping his claw. Fluttershy vanished in front of everyponies’ eyes before she came back a few seconds later. “Thank you for letting me feed my animals Discord. I really appreciate it, so now I can join without worrying about my animals starving.” She hovered over by her friends.

Lyra was curled up and fast asleep on the ground. Out of the safety for her friend, Bonbon shook Lyra with her hoof in order to get here awake. When Lyra’s eyes began to open, she was met with bright light.

“Oh Bonbon, you’re here! Are we both in the dream where we are abducted by humans?” Bonbon became angry and shook her friend slightly harder.

“No Lyra, you’re awake, no humans exist, and we’ve been teleported in the badlands by the creep that attacked Ponyville last year. I wonder what he wants.”

“Awww, don’t say anything bad about my chum Discord. All he did was just shake things up a bit in Ponyville. It was honestly starting to get a bit boring since nothing was happening during the time after the gala. So, I’m good.” Vinyl Scratch said with a grin. Octavia groaned and facehoofed.

“Vinyl, why do you even insist on defending our abductor? I was busy composing some new sheet music in my practice room when I was whisked away by magic.”

“Awwww, come on Tavi. Because of him, I got to try out my Bass Cannon remember?” Octavia winced at the name Vinyl Scratch calls her. Discord remembered the memories involving the Bass Cannon incident a few days ago and tapped the area around his ears with his claw.

“Nope, the Bass Cannon didn’t damage them.” Meanwhile, Doctor Whooves looked around, startled by what he was witnessing. Derpy flew near the doctor looking confused.

“Turner, what’s wrong?” Doctor Whooves looked towards Derpy with a twitchy eye.

“Derpy, what is right? Don’t you find it very peculiar that we have all been transported to the bloody badlands by a reality warping spirit? I was just working on some sensitive technology, and I’m afraid that it will blow up at any minute!”

“You don’t need to worry Turner ol’ chap. I kept it stabilized for you.” Discord motioned his hand across, ripping the space in front of Doctor and Derpy. Through the tear, the both of them saw that a blue telephone booth was not in any danger of blowing up. The two ponies sighed in relief. “You wouldn’t think I would be cruel enough to bring everypony here without making sure they would miss anything important, right? That was what the old Discord would’ve done, but I’m not the old Discord anymore.” He pleaded innocently. Princess Celestia was not amused by his antics. She took a deep breath before she spoke.

“Discord, I’ve read in my letter that you wanted us all to come here, and my sister thinks it’s a game. If she is right, then what is this game that you are so dying to play that you would risk being imprisoned?”

“Well I’m glad you asked Celly. You see, I-“

“WHAT! You mean that you woke me up from a nap just to play a game!?” Rainbow Dash vehemently interrupted.

“Oooooohhhh, I bet it will be tons of super-duper fun!” Pinkie screamed as she jumped into the air.

“Discord, there’s a time and place for everything, but why do you want us to play with you when most of us were busy?” Twilight stated in pain. “Because of you, I think I might’ve injured my wing from falling upside down on it.”

“And I have my candy store to tend to! Who knows what crazed children would break in and steal the chocolates I've made!?” Bonbon screamed.

“…wait, so we aren’t in AAAAAPPALOOOOSAAAA!?” Braeburn asked curiously. The clamors of all the ponies was started to bother Discord. So, closed his palm, which created twelve zippers to zip the newcomer ponies’ mouths save Fluttershy, who was patiently waiting to see what he would do.

“Now, if you would let me finish. You see, I’ve rummaged through my personal bag, and I found this.” Discord put his lion’s paw hand into a pocket in his skin and took it out, revealing the strange hoofball. “I was feeling bored, and I remember that this ball entertained me so much when I was younger. I don’t remember what it exactly used for, but I’m sure it wasn’t important. What’s important is that I was wondering if you wanted to play some hoofball.” The zippers on each of the ponies’ mouths disappeared. Doctor Whooves was the first to respond.

“Forget it. I don’t play such games with you.” He adamantly stated. He turned around and began to walk away. In a panic, Discord shouted.

“Wait! I won’t be playing the game. I’ll just be watching it. Besides, this hoofball is not just any ordinary hoofball. This is a dimensional hoofball that will transport all of the participants from our world into the universe inside here.” Saying this caused Doctor Whooves to turn around and examine the ball. He tapped it twice with his hoof, and jumped a good distance when the ball flashed. Every other pony moved back a bit out of surprise.

“Blimey! This ball must’ve been made with some highly-advanced technology from the pre-Equestrian era!” The doctor’s smile gradually, but quickly grew bigger. “Alright Discord, you got me. I’ll play this silly game of hoofball just to see what this mini-universe contains. Do you want to join me on this journey Derpy?” Derpy quizzically looked around with a bit of worry in her eyes.

“I’m not sure Turner. Another universe within a universe sounds like everypony can be hurt. But, if you’re going in, then I guess I’ll follow you too.” Vinyl Scratch had a large grin on her face.

“Hoofball is an awesome sport. If this universe is anything like I imagine it to be, then it’ll be kickass!” She stated enthusiastically, much to the dismay of Octavia. “Come on Tavi, it’ll be fun. We could probably even team up!” She sighed.

“Alright, you got me Vinyl. I’ll play a game with you in this hoofball universe.” Lyra looked at Bonbon with pleading eyes. She facehoofed softly before she responded.

“Fine, we’ll join in too.” Discord looked at his friends and Braeburn, who was still confused.

“As my friends, would you please join in a game to make me happy?” He said with a quivering lip. Fluttershy was the first to go near him.

“Of course I would play this game of hoofball. You must’ve been bored being cooped up in the castle.” Rainbow Dash was the next one to step up.

“Well, if Fluttershy wants to join, then I should just come along to make sure she doesn’t get hurt.” She said with uneasiness dripping in her voice. Applejack grinned as she heard her response.

“Well, ahm definitely goin’ to join this game. Ah want to rub it in Rainbow Dash’s face when ah wipe the floor with her on tha field.” She looked back at Braeburn, who looked unsure about the circumstances. “Ya want t’ join us Braeburn? Ahm sure ya had nothin’ else better t’ do right now.”

“Of course I’ll join my cousin in this game. After all, I can’t go back to AAAAPPALOOOOSSAA until the next train comes. I’m pretty sure no one would miss me for a game of hoofball.” Rarity then looked at Discord who looked a bit concerned.

“Well, are the uniforms at least fashionable?” Discord creeped up a smile.

“I’ll let you be the judge of that my fair Rarity. All I will say is that the uniforms will blow your mind.” The concept of his words sparked her curiosity.

“Well, what’s the harm in playing a game of hoofball?” She stated. Twilight, who saw that all of her friends were going to join in the game, sighed with a face of defeat.

“Well, I guess that if everypony else if playing, I should play as well.” Discord looked at the two princesses in front of him with a sly smile apparent on his face.

“If your subjects are playing, shouldn’t you play as well to ensure their safety?” Princess Luna rushed by him to join the group.

“We art more than privileged to partake in a game of hoofball Discord.” Princess Celestia’s eyes closed in defeat.

“Well, if my sister wants to play with her subjects, then what is preventing me from doing so?”

“Great! I’m so happy everypony wants to play!” Discord pressed his claw against one of the glowing craters, which caused the metallic parts of the ball to separate and surround everypony. “Hold on my little ponies. This will be a wild ride!” A single yellow ball of light remained, which then expanded and absorbed everypony in its vicinity. Afterwards, a charade of screaming occurred through the participants. Then, the screaming stopped and the ball retracted back into its form. Not one soul remained in the badlands after the transportation.

Author's Note:

I'm currently writing up the first chapter. But, I hope everyone enjoys the prologue. Comments and Criticisms are always greatly appreciated.