• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,013 Views, 63 Comments

Pony Strikers Charged - ZeroChill



Discord gets 15 ponies to play in Mario Strikers Charged-style hoofball

  • ...
2
 63
 1,013

Game 4: The Dump: Rainbow Dash vs. Applejack

Applejack fell down onto the stadium’s field. The playing ground was completely covered in grime, and there was absolutely no ground showing. Applejack inhaled the scent of the sludge continuously being washed away with the rain. She sighed in content.

“There’s nothing like the scent of earthly sludge to perk a pony up.” She stated euphorically. She lifted her wet, sludge-covered gauntlet over to her face and pulled out a stylus with her mouth. The screen flashed onto a dashboard of characters. She saw that her team’s color was orange. She saw a sprite of her head along with the sprite of the Kritter goalie. She tapped the screen several times. As she filled each square with a character, her gauntlet shot out three beams near her. As the beams exploded upon collision, an orange Birdo, a Monty Mole in an orange uniform and a Hammer Bro in an orange uniform spawned in front of her. The three sidekicks all looked puzzled by the location of their spawn. When they faced Applejack, the Hammer Bro started screaming gibberish towards her direction. “Look here, I don’t care whether or not I summoned you over here or not. What I care about is if ya use yer strength to overwhelm yer opponents.” She stated seriously. The Hammer Bro shut itself up and zipped its beak mouth. She faced her two other teammates, who have perked up instantaneously. “That goes for the both of you as well!” Both the Birdo and Monty Mole saluted their captain Applejack. As Applejack checked her screen, she saw that she was in the Power category. She smiled.

In the stands, Everypony besides Rainbow Dash and Applejack watched on. They were in a sea of a roaring crowd. Rarity looked very unhappy.

“Bleugh! Disgusting, grimy filth. I mean, I know that this was supposed to be a dump, but I didn’t know that it would be this much of a filthy dump. There is absolutely no compliances to sanitation here!” She complained. Discord smirked towards Rarity’s direction.

“Drama queen.” He whispered to the invisible audience in front of him. Meanwhile, Twilight watched the stadium in anticipation of the game. Luna noticed just how uncomfortable Twilight is at the moment, so she walked over to her.

“Twilight, I noticed that you aren’t looking too well. Would you care to enlighten me about your feelings?” She stated. Twilight looked over her shoulder and saw Luna.

“Princess… it’s just that it is two of my best friends out there that are about to play a literal death match. I’m feeling so anxious that I feel like I’m going to be sick. You heard what the both of them said back there! Their stubborn pride and competitiveness is going to get themselves killed!” She panicked.

“Listen Twilight, while I don’t understand the bonds of friendship as well as my sister does, I can say this: you and your friends have saved me from myself, defeated and redeemed Discord, saved the Crystal Empire from the evil clutches of King Sombra, and even saved the Tree of Harmony. There is nothing that you cannot find impossible when you work as a team. Just have as me and my sister have faith in you and your friends; you should have faith in your friends as well.” Luna stated.

“You’re right. Hopefully, this is just a petty situation that is caused by gauntlets. I mean, they would never act so vile towards each other like that, right?” Twilight hopefully asked. As she did, the entire crowd roared and pointed upward when four objects in the air fell from great heights. On closer inspection, Rainbow Dash flew down from the air alongside a Boo in a cyan helmet, a Toad in a cyan uniform, and a Koopa in a cyan shell and uniform. All four of them perfectly landed on the grimy terrain, while Rainbow Dash landed in a three-point position.

“Your Playmaker Champion is here!!!” Rainbow Dash screamed. Applejack blew steam from her nose. As Rainbow Dash walked towards the center of the field, she felt that the ground was very slippery. “Geez Applejack, did you really have to pick a stadium like this? I could hardly move!”

“Well, ya seemed so confident that ya can beat an earth pony in her environment, so I just happened to pick an environment that would suit me.” Applejack stated confidently.

“Whatever, this slippery environment is just only a slight setback.” As Rainbow Dash said this, she got a good look at Applejack’s team. She smiled. “Seriously? That’s your team? You are all slower than Tank having a bad day!” She stated.

“Yeah, well yer team is so weak that ya can’t even hurt a bunny with it!” Applejack stated. In that time, the hoofball spawned in the middle of the field. Both Rainbow Dash and Applejack had their sights set on the ball. As the timer began, the both of them rushed towards the ball. Despite being visibly hindered by the sludge, Rainbow Dash’s speed was able to get her towards the ball first. She passed the ball over to her Boo. While it would make sense for the Boo’s speed to be unhindered by the sludge because it floats, this universe had other plans. The Boo strangely struggled with moving through the grime, which confused Rainbow Dash. In the midst of this confusion, Applejack’s Monty Mole took the opportunity to charge into the struggling Boo. The Boo was tackled and faceplanted onto the grime. The Monty Mole ran sluggishly through the sludge-filled stadium and garnered the attention of Rainbow Dash, her Toad and her Koopa Troopa. The Koopa Troopa charged towards the Monty Mole first. Just as it was about to tackle into the Monty Mole, the Monty Mole dug into the grime and through the metal, which caught the Koopa Troopa by surprise. However, Monty Mole jumped out of the metal and dove into the Koopa Troopa, which knocked him into the electric fence. The Koopa screeched in pain as it was being electrocuted. However, there was not enough time for the Monty Mole to avoid being tackled by the Boo. The Boo grabbed a hold of the ball and then passed it to Rainbow Dash. She smirked.

“Even with this sludge, I’m still faster than you!” She stated cockily. Just as she said this, Applejack ran after Rainbow Dash with the incessant urge to smash her. Rainbow Dash’s face became smug as she jumped into the air to avoid the tackle by Applejack. Though her wings did not work properly in this world, she was still able to gain some hang time with the jump because of them. She glided gently down onto the field and saw Applejack’s Birdo approach her. Just as the Birdo was about to do a full-fledged tackle, Rainbow Dash swiftly evaded the strike with a well-timed dodge. What she didn’t count on was Applejack rushing towards her side. When she saw her, her eyes opened largely in reaction to not being able to dodge within another second. Applejack tackled into Rainbow Dash by her side and both ponies slid into the sludge. As she did this, an evil idea entered into Applejack’s mind. She grabbed Rainbow Dash by her mane and dunked her face into the sludge hard. She rubbed her head into the grimy metal. Rainbow Dash struggled for escape from Applejack’s hold on her. The sludge around her face bubbled with her restrained breaths. All the ponies sitting in the stands were absolutely shocked by this display of dirty play, while Discord laughed loudly and happily. All of the other members of the audience loudly cheered, as if they all enjoyed it.

“That is absolutely disgusting and horrible! I know that Applejack and Rainbow Dash would resort to dirty tactics, but this is taking that way too far!” Twilight Sparkle shouted in disgust.

“Ah, but without actions like this, the sport would be absolutely boring. Why else do you think all these creatures gather into these stadiums?” Discord happily interjected. Twilight was not amused.

“Go home Discord, just go home.” She said as Discord brought out a filming camera and recorded all the action happening.

Back onto the field, the slippery hoof of Applejack allowed Rainbow Dash to escape from the hold. Her face was caked in sludge, and she even spit out some of the brown liquid. It tasted like liquid garbage. The worst part was that, during her deep breaths, she actually swallowed some of the nasty fluids.

“Gaaaah! Why did you do that Applejack?!” Rainbow Dash screamed in an upset manner.

“I just wanted to give you a taste of the life that y’all have once I beat you in this game.” Applejack responded. “You wingers are all the same. Ya can’t even stomach a little dirt. If ya can’t do that, then you’ll just have to accept that earth ponies are better than pegasi.”

“Hah! In your dreams dirtwalker! I’ll never admit that! I’d rather eat all the sludge here!” Rainbow Dash fiercely responded.

“That can be accommodated then.” Applejack said as she launched her forehoof down towards the back of Rainbow Dash’s head in another attempt to drown her in sludge. Rainbow Dash deftly avoided the hoof and jumped above Applejack. She pressed both of her forehooves onto the back of Applejack’s head and caused her to faceplant into the sludge. Applejack began to struggle from a lack of air as sludge entered into her air passageways. Rainbow Dash rubbed Applejack’s face into the sludge.

“Doesn’t taste so good does it Applejack? Maybe you should admit that pegasi are better than earth ponies in every way!” She said. Applejack stopped squirming for a moment, which caused the ponies in the audience to gasp in horror. As Rainbow Dash smiled, she felt a rise coming from Applejack’s hind legs. Applejack bucked Rainbow Dash off of her head. She spit the sludge out from her throat. She saw that her Birdo had the ball. She waved over to the Birdo to pass it over to her.

“Sorry Rainbow Dash. Ah’d love to stay and play with ya, but I got a game to win.” She stated. Birdo passed the ball over to Applejack. Applejack reared her hind legs before she unleashed a powerful kick that shot the ball. The ball zipped along a curved path, but the Kritter grabbed the ball before it could have gone in. The Kritter kicked the ball towards the center of the field. Koopa, who recovered from the shock, saw the ball going towards the center. No other competitor was around, so he ran up to the ball and came into possession of it. He noticed that a Hammer Bro ran after him and tucked away into his shell and rolled out of the path. He then kicked the ball towards the Toad, who then proceeded to pass it towards the Boo. The Boo passed it back to the Toad, which confused some of the members of Applejack’s team. In the heat of the distraction, Rainbow Dash took this opportunity to run towards the away goalie’s side. The Toad then passed it over to Rainbow Dash, who caught it by jumping into the air. Her ball was flashed a bright white as she locked her sights onto Applejack’s Kritter. With a semi-aerial flip, she kicked the ball as hard as she possibly could. However, the ball didn’t kick fast enough to be a clean shot. However, the ball hit hard enough so that, rather than be caught by the Kritter, it bounced off of his hands. Rainbow Dash jumped towards the direction of the ball and passed it over to the Boo that was nearby. The Boo moved slowly over the stadium and charged its ball. Applejack’s Kritter saw what the Boo tried to do, so he went near the Boo in order to kick it. What he did not expect was for the Boo to phase through his body, which left the net completely unprotected. The Boo moved into the goal with the ball, and the horn blared as a point for Rainbow Dash’s team. Applejack’s jaw dropped.

“Did yer sidekick just do what ah think it did?!” Applejack screamed in disbelieving anger. Rainbow Dash looked incredibly smug.

“Why yes, yes it did Applejack. Now tell me, does it make you feel… salty?” Rainbow Dash said with a twinge of pride. Applejack wanted to scream, but she did not want to let Rainbow Dash get the satisfaction of a small victory. Instead, she smiled.

“Why, not at all! In fact, your score let me learn something, and I shall use what I learned so that I will win this.” Applejack said in an unsettlingly calm tone. As both captains converged towards the center of the field, the hoofball spawned in front of Applejack’s hoof. As the timer ticked down from the four minute and thirty second mark, Rainbow Dash dashed as quickly towards Applejack as possible. Applejack stayed in the same exact location as the ball garnered energy towards it. As Rainbow Dash neared the ball, Applejack kicked the ball with her forehoof, which shot into Rainbow Dash’s chest. The impact knocked her out and dazed her, and Applejack gained a giant green shell in her item slot. She went into the direction of the ball and passed it over to her Monty Mole. The Monty Mole caught it with his legs and ran towards Rainbow Dash’s Kritter. Rainbow Dash ran as fast as she possibly could towards the Monty Mole. Yet, as she approached, the Monty Mole dug himself through the metal and avoided the tackle. Rainbow Dash then felt a large, blunt impact on her chest from the emergence of Monty Mole and was flung into the air. As Monty Mole crossed into home field territory, he passed the ball over to Birdo. The Boo, Toad and Koopa all chased after the Birdo. Birdo looked at them, winked once and threw a large, green shell towards their direction. All of Rainbow Dash’s sidekicks opened their eyes widely in fear and tried to escape. Unfortunately, the slickness of the sludge prevented them from making hard turns. As a result, all of them were hit by the shell. Birdo pulled her head back as she was enveloped in a blue aura. As Rainbow Dash got up from the sludge, she realized that her field was very vulnerable. She tried to rush after Birdo, but a giant, white egg was released from Birdo’s mouth, which went directly towards her Kritter. She silently cursed the sludge underneath her as the egg shot through the Kritter and went into the goal alongside the ball. The horn blared, which confirmed the point for Applejack’s team. Rainbow Dash slid into the sludge in frustration.

“Seriously?! An egg breached my Kritter? What kind of logic is that?!” She shouted in anger.

“That’s because you never wish to discover things for yerself.” Applejack said behind Rainbow Dash. “Ya always have to buck first and ask questions later. Face it Rainbow Dash, ya couldn’t even use yer team’s one true strength of fancy footwork to get through this field. You and yer entire race of pegasi are just sore losers that can’t do anything without their wings.” She taunted.

“What makes you think I am useless without my wings?! I’m still faster than anypony without my wings! You just had to pick a stadium that would render my speed useless!” Rainbow Dash said angrily.

“There ya go again, making excuses for yer shortcomings. Just accept the fact that I happened to have better thinking skills than you do.” As Applejack said this, the anger concentrated in Rainbow Dash’s eyes and heart ignited.

“Go to Tartarus mudblood! I hope that you are hung by your neck from a high distance, burn from a fiery noose and suffer for all eternity!” When she said this, something inside of Twilight Sparkle died. She was absolutely appalled by the absolutely hate-filled words that dripped with venom. The combination of filth and Rainbow Dash’s words caused Rarity to dramatically faint onto a plush sofa that appeared out of nowhere. Pinkie Pie’s main deflated alongside some of her vibrancy. Fluttershy did absolutely nothing at all. Yet, tears flowed through her eyelids in disbelief.

“So it’s gonna be like that, isn’t it? Y’know Rainbow Dash, Ah used t’ like ya. Ah thought you were different from other pegasi. I’ve waited and waited to see if you can prove me wrong. Instead, ya had to resort to name-calling after failing to accept what happened.” She said in a calm, sour expression. She closed the distance between Rainbow Dash and herself and stared into her face. “Ah’m done playing mercifully with ya.” She whispered. To solidify her point, Applejack reared her right forehoof and smashed it against Rainbow Dash’s face. Rainbow Dash covered her face and jolted back in reaction to the blow. She screamed, which horrified every single member of the audience. Even Discord, who laughed through everything that happened so far, felt severely uncomfortable by the act. When Rainbow Dash lifted her hooves from her face, she saw that they had a splash of blood on them. She stood up from the ground and faced Applejack with a bloodied face.

“Is that all you can do Applejack? Because I’m going to do even worse to you when we play.” Rainbow Dash said with a tort of anger. She walked over to the center of the field and took a deep breath. Applejack followed in suit towards her side of the field. As both ponies and their sidekicks were in their respective positions, the hoofball spawned underneath Rainbow Dash’s hoof. As the Timer went down from the four minute and ten second mark. Rainbow Dash ran towards Applejack and jumped over her. She passed the ball over to her Toad. The Toad then passed the ball over to the Koopa. Applejack’s Hammer Bro rushed in with hammers ablaze and attempted to slide into the Koopa. The Koopa performed a shell roll dodge and avoided the strike. The Koopa then passed it over to Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash was in range of a good shot for the goal. She didn’t see Applejack nearing towards her back however. Taking advantage of this blind spot, Applejack tackled Rainbow Dash into her flank. The ball was released from Rainbow Dash and was knocked into the air. Applejack’s Hammer Bro came into possession of the ball by catching it with his feet in midair. He passed the ball quickly towards the Monty Mole. Yet, the pass was interrupted when Rainbow Dash’s Toad slid into the ball and took possession of it. As he got the ball, he was stared down by an angry Monty Mole. The Monty Mole then tackled into the Toad and took possession of the ball. With sheer power, Monty Mole kicked the ball from halfway across the field and kicked it directly into the goal. The horn blared, and Applejack’s team was ahead 2-1. Monty Mole ran up to Applejack and extended his arm out. Applejack smiled and, with her right forehoof, she clapped his claws with her hoof.

“Nice job Monty. Ah knew ya had it in ya.” She said. The Monty Mole made excited noises, which confirmed the compliment. The Boo floated over to Rainbow Dash and offered a helping hand. Rainbow Dash looked up to her Boo. She desperately wanted to accept the hand, but knocked it away instead.

“Look Boo, I know that I’m down, but we got to beat Applejack first. Don’t you want to knock away the opposition for mocking your speed?” She said. The Boo shook its body in a negative response. “Then I want you, me, and our teammates to do better out there. We can’t let them win! They are nowhere near as awesome as us!” The Boo clamored in agreement. “So, let’s go kick some plot!” She said. Both Rainbow Dash and Applejack walked towards the center. They both faced each other with anger present in their eyes. Rainbow Dash spit between Applejack’s eyes. Applejack disdainfully wiped the saliva off of the bridge of her snout.

“Yer not doing mah view on pegasi any favors with that.” She said.

“Who cares? Why do I need a filthy earth pony’s acceptance when I know that pegasi will always be better? Just accept that you and your entire race of ponies are just leeches on the world and die!” Rainbow Dash said bitterly. In the stands, Fluttershy finally broke from her silence. She looked livid.

“Rainbow Dash! Don’t you dare say any more about our friend! Please, can’t you see you are tearing us all apart??” She screamed out onto the field. Everyone who knew Fluttershy personally looked particularly startled. They knew that she would not explode the way she does unless if something hurt any creature or pony she cared about. She grew so bold that she literally jumped from the stands and onto the sludge-filled field. She approached Rainbow Dash with the stare, who looked unimpressed by what her friend had to offer. “The both of you said such disgusting words to each other. I’ve held it in and held it in, but I just cannot take anymore foul talk. The both of you are best friends, so start acting like it!” She shouted angrily. In response to Fluttershy’s angry words, Rainbow Dash launched her hoof into Fluttershy’s jaw and knocked her out in cold blood. The blow shattered Fluttershy’s will and ability to stand up correctly. She whimpered as Rainbow Dash came into her vision.

“I can’t believe this treachery. You, my best friend who is a pegasus, side with a filthy earth pony? Now I see why you can barely fly. You spend more time hanging out with earth ponies and doing earth pony stuff than you do practicing being a pegasus. Because of that, you are worse than earth ponies, and you deserved that strike that you deserved for a long time. But I know that you’ll just come back up from the ground and still try to convince me that earth ponies are better. I guess I’ll just have to eliminate you once and for all.” When Rainbow Dash said this, Fluttershy’s eyes closed from horrible anxiety, and she stopped moving.

“Hey Rainbow Dash! It’s me that’s yer opponent. Don’t bring anypony else into this match, because nopony else matters!” Applejack said. Rainbow ash huffed.

“You are right. Nopony else matters in our rivalry. You are still a filthy earth pony, and it is obvious that your spirit corrupted a fellow pegasus.” Rainbow Dash stated. Fluttershy vanished from her spot and into her seat, where a very worried Discord examined the area of impact. His worries were confirmed when he saw that Fluttershy was not breathing.

“I’ve got to help Fluttershy quickly!” He said as he and Fluttershy vanished with a teleport. The hoofball spawned underneath Rainbow Dash’s hoof. The timer ticked down from the three minute and forty second mark. Rainbow Dash passed the ball all the way back to her Koopa. In turn, the Koopa passed the ball over to the Boo. The Boo moved towards the field line and passed the ball over to the Toad. The Toad passed the ball into the air over to Rainbow Dash, who had already made it halfway into Applejack’s side of the field. She caught it and reared her hind leg. As she charged the ball, Applejack rushed towards Rainbow Dash’s side. Rainbow Dash kicked the charged ball towards the goalie, and five shells with an icy-blue hue appeared in her item slot. Applejack tackled Rainbow Dash into the electric fence, where a surge of immense pain shot down her spine.

“I thought this was deactivated!!!” Rainbow Dash screamed as she was electrocuted.

“The fence doesn’t shock non-players Rainbow Dash. However, yer a player, so ya needed a bit of a reminder why earth ponies are the top ponies.” Applejack said as she grabbed the ball under Rainbow Dash. She passed the ball towards her Birdo, but Rainbow Dash’s Toad managed to slip into a slide and provide interference for the pass by taking it into his possession. Applejack did not like this at all. She ran after the Toad, who then proceeded to shoot a row of five blue shells towards her direction. Applejack was frozen in place. In that time frame, Rainbow Dash fell off the fence and landed on the ground with her hooves. Toad passed the ball over to Rainbow Dash, who moved closer to the goal box. Rainbow Dash shot the ball immediately with her right foreleg. The shot distance allowed for the ball to move into its intended path without much resistance from the Kritter. The horn blew and confirmed Rainbow Dash’s shot, and now her team is tied with Applejack’s team. Despite having burn marks on her coat and a bloodied face by Applejack, Rainbow still smiled from her act. She approached a frozen Applejack and launched her hoof across her face, which shattered the ice surrounding her while knocking her towards the ground.

“That’s for earlier mudblood.” Rainbow Dash said haughtily. Applejack wiped off some blood from her lips caused by the blow. She stared down Rainbow Dash because the strike to both her body and pride, and she knew that one thing was very clear to her.

“Yer gonna die today Rainbow Dash. Ah don’t know how ah’ll do it, but it will be the last thing ah do.” She said to herself. Both Rainbow Dash and Applejack approached the center of the stadium. Most of the entire crowd roared more loudly than usual, but the Equestrian portion of the audience looked increasingly worried. Twilight tried to remain strong, but occasional whimpers escaped from her throat. Celestia noticed this and brought Twilight in with her wing and stroked her with it. The hoofball spawned underneath Applejack’s hoof. As the timer ticked down from three minutes and twenty seconds, Applejack reared her hind legs in a charging fashion. Rainbow Dash charged ahead to become a meatshield for Applejack’s shot. As Applejack kicked the ball, the ball impacted against Rainbow Dash, and a sprite of her head appeared in her item slot. She smiled wickedly. Rainbow Dash was only knocked back a fair distance this time around. However, she never expected the meteor-sized apple that hung above her head. She wanted to move out of the way, but the apple closed down on her and smashed her into the ground. Her teammates stared anxiously at the collision in fear of losing their captain. It only grew worse when the apple flashed for a few moments before it exploded in a truly frightening, fiery fashion. “Yeehaw! Now that’s what ah call one bad apple!” Applejack cheered. She ran towards the Rainbow Dash’s side of the field. While her path was blocked by the Koopa, Applejack simply bucked the Koopa into the electric fence. It screamed out in pain, almost wondering why it was bucked into there again. Applejack passed the ball over to the nearby Hammer Bro, who passed it back to her in turn. The two passed it back several times until the ball exuded a bright white color. When the Hammer Bro passed it back to Applejack, a horribly burned Rainbow Dash tackled into Applejack in vengeance before she got the ball and took possession of the ball.

“Out of my way!” Rainbow Dash said. The Hammer Bro grinned and approached Rainbow Dash. As Rainbow Dash was about to jump into the air, she felt something squash her. Said object was a giant red shell, which was added into Applejack’s item slot after the tackle. It knocked her Hammer Bro out as well, so Applejack had to get the ball quickly. As soon as she did, she charged her buck momentarily before releasing it in a full-force kick. The Kritter managed to rebound it, but the Hammer Bro, who recovered from the shell smack, appeared in front of the ball and kicked the ball into the goal and scored a point for Applejack’s team. Rainbow Dash’s jaw dropped as she realized that she was behind again. She stomped the ground in frustration.

“Why? Why why why why why why?! How does Applejack keep one-upping me?!” She screamed to the top of her lungs. She stared at her opponent, and her anger peaked beyond what was necessary. She approached the center of the field, with Applejack having a smug look on her face.

“So, do ya want to admit that earth ponies are and will always be better than pegasi yet Rainbow Dash?” Applejack stated smugly.

“No, and you’ll never catch me saying that!” Rainbow Dash erupted. Applejack slightly frowned.

“Well, I’m sorry ya feel that way. At the very least, it’ll make me not feel bad about doing what ah’ll do to ya next.” The hoofball spawned underneath Rainbow Dash’s forehoof. As she was about to mobilize, Applejack charged after her. Rainbow Dash passed the ball back to her Boo, but took the brunt force of Applejack’s tackle. After Rainbow Dash got up, she was tackled down by Applejack again. While she gained a sprite of her head in her item slot, she was still stared down by Applejack. “Come on Rainbow, hit me!” Applejack screamed. Rainbow Dash got up once more, livid by the second strike.

“Try that again, and I will make you pay!” She said. Applejack slowly approached Rainbow Dash and launched her hoof across her face. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you!” Rainbow Dash screamed. She immediately used her captain’s item. She took flight and beat her wings in a circle until a tornado formed. Applejack held her ground, but found it very hard to stay in place. Her Stetson flew off of her head until she too flew up into the air. While she swirled in the air, Rainbow Dash performed an air kick and smashed Applejac against her back, which caused her to wince in pain. The tornado petered out, and Rainbow Dash landed on her hooves. Applejack had faceplanted against the metal and sludge. As Rainbow Dash approached her, she struggled to get up. When Rainbow Dash knelt down to her level, Applejack delivered a cross jab against Rainbow Dash’s face, which knocked her away.

“So yer finally ready to play for real, aren’t ya?” Applejack threateningly said. Each team captain’s sidekicks looked at each other nervously in anticipation. Monty Mole shrugged his shoulders after the Boo questioningly looked at him. Rainbow Dash used an uppercut towards Applejack, but Applejack dodged and delivered a brutal buck towards Rainbow Dash’s abdomen. Rainbow Dash fell onto the metal and grime, where Applejack was able to move on top of her and started beating her face in with her hooves. The crowd gasped, but cheered on, which promoted the out of context violence. Pinkie Pie looked very worried, but incredibly puzzled at the same time.

“Ummm, I don’t think they’re playing hoofball anymore.” She said. True to her words, Rainbow Dash and Applejack each deactivated the sidekick function on their gauntlets, reverting each of their teammates into digital code.

“It seems like we had the same idea there. Now, it’s finally time that we roughed it up, one-on-one. I can also score some points while I’m at it.” Rainbow Dash admitted.

“Ya think it’d be that easy? Ah’ll make sure that yer gonna go down hard.” Applejack said. Rainbow Dash kicked Applejack off of her and dashed towards her. Applejack barely dodged and kicked Rainbow Dash into the electric fence. As Rainbow Dash screamed in pain from the electricity passing through her, Applejack grabbed the ball and ran towards the net guarded by the Kritter. She kicked the ball towards the goal, but the Kritter skillfully blocked it and threw the ball back at her with amazing force. Applejack slid back a bit, but held her position. It was only until she turned around when she saw that an electrically charged Rainbow Dash dashed towards her and gave an electrically charged jab towards her face. Applejack was tossed towards the ground and rolled along it. Her cheek tingled with electrical residue. Rainbow Dash began to glow in rainbow colors.

“It’s time to end this.” She said. Applejack smiled and looked over to her gauntlet. A red switch that stated ‘Overdrive’ became active.

“Ya know, I couldn’t agree more.” She said as she hit the overdrive button. Her body flashed for a moment before her body began to glow a pure amber-orange color. Her mane flashed a brilliant blond. “It’s time for me to eliminate ya!” She shouted loudly. She rushed up to Rainbow Dash with a strong hoof. She struck Rainbow Dash on her cheek and caused her head to move to the side. Rainbow Dash did not flinch and turned her head back. She growled and thrusted her hoof across Applejack’s face. Applejack responded with a strong blow of her own towards Rainbow Dash’s chest. She responded in pain, but Rainbow Dash kicked Applejack back. The two locked together in combat and looked for the opportunity of striking vital areas. After the hooficus, Rainbow Dash jumped towards the other side of the field and kicked the ball, which exploded into six different balls shot as fast as meteors. Applejack jumped into the air and kicked back two of the balls towards Rainbow Dash’s direction. Applejack’s Kritter managed to block the rest of the balls. Rainbow Dash jumped in the air and kicked both balls towards the electric fences, which temporarily shorted them out. As the two of them looked at each other, the screens on their gauntlets began flashing a virulent red that said ‘Danger!’ Neither pony cared as they both ran towards each other and attempted to strike each other on their vulnerable areas. They struck each other’s hooves, which released a white, violent shockwave that caused the stadium to collapse. The audience ran out and screamed while the Equestrian portion of the audience stared in horror. Just as a steel beam was about to drop on them, they vanished.


Discord looked increasingly worried by the second as he looked upon Fluttershy, who was comatose on the bed in the infirmary. She was strapped to various machines, which included an oxygen mask to do her breathing for her.. He flinched each time her heart rate dropped. Behind him, all of the ponies that were in The Dump materialized in a flash. Both Rainbow Dash and Applejack looked visibly weakened and did not have their uniforms on. Discord looked back with tears in his eyes. Celestia looked somberly towards him.

“How is Fluttershy doing?” She asked slowly and gently.

“She’s not doing so well. That strike she suffered knocked her breathing out of proportions. Not only that, but she’s in a coma. I tried to wake her up, but she just couldn’t be woken up.” Rainbow Dash and Applejack both looked at each other nervously and each single pony in the room fearfully. “Are you happy now?! Your gross actions have caused a casualty with a sweet, innocent pony! The both of you should be ashamed of yourselves!” Discord said with a mix of sorrow and anger.

“…Fluttershy?” Rainbow Dash said as she approached the limp body of Fluttershy. “Are you… okay?” She asked, hoping to get a response from her. There was no response, and tears flew down from her eyes. “I’m sorry Fluttershy! I lost control of my emotions and struck you!” She tearfully admitted. “Please, don’t be like this! I don’t want you to end up in a coma forever!” She said. Applejack walked up to Rainbow Dash and pat her back.

“Rainbow, ah don’t think apologizing to her now will bring her back to us. She looks like she’s deep in that coma.” She said. Rainbow Dash knocked Applejack’s hoof back in anger.

“Don’t say that! She has to come back to us! She always finds a way to come back!” She said angrily.

“Look Rainbow, if it is of any consolation, I let a part of me get out of hand with my emotions. Those ugly words that I spat towards ya, they were deep thoughts of jealously. I mean, though ah like being an earth pony, sometimes I see ya doing that fancy flying and… and ah wish ah could’ve been born a pegasus like ya. It definitely would’ve made apple bucking easier. For my very, very ugly words and actions towards ya, ah wish to say that ah’m sorry.” Applejack painfully admitted. Rainbow Dash nervously shuffled her forelegs.

“You know Applejack, some of those words did hurt, and I know that I’ve also said some very nasty things. I kind of wish that I had the stamina you do. If it isn’t too late, I want to say that I’m sorry.” Rainbow Dash said. She faced everypony in the room. “I know that I have a lot to make up for, but I also want to apologize to each of you for letting my emotions get the better of me.”

“Rainbow Dash… you shouldn’t worry too much about it. It was the gauntlet that was speaking, not you or Applejack.” Twilight comforted.

“No, it wasn’t the gauntlet. I let my competitive spirit blind me to what’s really important. I’ve hurt everyone in this room, and Fluttershy is going to die because I was a selfish pony who cared only about herself.” Rainbow Dash tearfully said.

“You and I both pardner.” Applejack agreed. The heart monitor strapped to Fluttershy’s hoof detected a heightening of heartbeats and she slowly opened her eyes. Everypony in the room ran up to Fluttershy’s bed and saw that she was awake.

“Fluttershy, are you truly okay? This isn’t my mind pulling tricks on all of us, is it?” Discord said.

“Don’t worry Discord, I’m fine.” Fluttershy slowly said. She looked towards Rainbow Dash and Applejack. “Rainbow Dash, Applejack, I’m so glad that the both of you forgave each other. Even though I was like this, my biggest regret is if you wouldn’t be able to love each other again. But, now that my regret is lifted, I was able to find the will to finally wake.” She said. Both Applejack and Rainbow Dash smiled tearfully, but their legs began to convulse.

“Uhhh, Discord, what’s happening to us?” Rainbow Dash said. Discord looked back towards both Applejack and Rainbow Dash and gasped in horror of the familiar symptom.

“You didn’t hit the overdrive button, did you?!” He screamed. Both Rainbow Dash and Applejack looked at each other with fear present in their eyes.

“…Is that bad?” Applejack questioned. Discord looked helpless.

“I’m afraid that I can’t help you out here now that you’ve doomed yourselves to die.” He said.

“What?!” Every single pony in the room screamed.

“You see, the overdrive feature on the gauntlet brings the wearers potential out beyond their maximum, making them outright physical gods on the field. The condition was that they had to deactivate their sidekicks. It comes at a very hefty cost though: when the wearer is in the overdrive state for a good period of time and overloads on power, then the gauntlet would eat away at the biological energy of the wearer until they fall dead on the ground.” Everypony in the room gasped, and Applejack and Rainbow Dash looked at each other with a facial expression saying that this experience will suck.

“Please! Do something Discord! Anything!” Twilight tearfully screamed. Discord looked back and twiddled his thumbs.

“I do want to help, really. But, there’s just no way that I can help now. They hit the overdrive feature on their gauntlet and let it go towards the danger level. I can’t do anything at this point!” Discord exploded.

“Don’t yell at my Twilight Discord! All she did was come at a plea for your abilities!” Celestia screamed.

“I know what she wants Celly, but it’s impossible! It’s impossible to save them now even by my standards!” Discord said. “I’m sorry… I’m a failure… I thought this would’ve been fun, but I ended up giving everypony a horrible experience. I’m a complete loser…” As Discord said this, both Rainbow Dash and Applejack collapsed onto the ground. The color on their bodies became faded, and their pupils became milky white. Twilight screamed loudly.

Author's Note:

I'll be honest, I went for something different with this game. It probably was because people would have already known how this game would've been like, so I made some things different. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. If not, I could always edit the undesirable parts to make them desirable. So anyways, enjoy my early Christmas Gift from me to you.