• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,014 Views, 63 Comments

Pony Strikers Charged - ZeroChill



Discord gets 15 ponies to play in Mario Strikers Charged-style hoofball

  • ...
2
 63
 1,014

The Journey to Thunder Island

Celestia sat on her bed by her lonesome with a room that only had a weak light above her head. Freshly dried salts were present in a line over her face. Her breaths were deeper than normal and her body quivered a bit. She shook her head and closed her eyes.

“No, I don’t need to worry. Ponies die all the time, even if I don’t like it. I understand this well, but why did this particular pony’s death hit me?” Her eyes opened up in realization. “…Because it only shows to prove my worthlessness here. I had the capability to stop the match before it was too late. Unfortunately, my powers have been weakened significantly. I’m just as mortal as anypony here.” As she wallowed a bit in her sorrow, she heard several hoofknocks on her door.

“Princess… it’s me.” The voice sounded familiar to Celestia, but she knew that it wasn’t her sister’s voice.

“Please, don’t trouble me with your presence. I already have too many problems to deal with right now.” Despite her rejection, the door opened, which revealed a disheveled Twilight Sparkle. Celestia attempted to smile, but the onslaught of sadness within weighed her mouth down.

“Princess, I see that you are also in disarray with Octavia’s passing.” Twilight tilted her head downwards as if she wanted to cry. “I’ve… I’ve never seen a pony die before my eyes like that before. It was more horrible than I thought it would be.” Twilight’s eyes began to water. She ran over to Celestia and cried on her shoulder. Celestia lifted her wing over Twilight’s neck and pulled her in. She hugged her.

“Twilight, nopony can ever escape death. Even with my seemingly limitless lifespan, I know that one day I’ll have to pass away.” Celestia solemnly stated with a heavy heart.

“Please Princess! Don’t say that! You’ll be able to live forever! I don’t want to lose you!” Twilight cried out. Celestia nuzzled Twilight to comfort her.

“Twilight, when you first became an alicorn, I told you that you would have new challenges. You were blessed with a significantly increased longevity. You’ll eventually have to watch loved ones die. But I know that you will be able to handle it. One day, you will be able to move the sun and the moon in the place of me and my sister. I know that you are capable of doing great things, because you have already been doing great things. One day, when I would pass away, I want you to rule all of Equestria. It’s because I trust you.” Celestia said with a smile on her face.

“But… I don’t even know the first thing about being a princess. What if I mess up? What if I accidently offend another nation and cause Equestria to fall into a horrible war?” Twilight stated with bated breath. Celestia shook her head before she spoke.

“I don’t intend for you to make all of the decisions by yourself now. It is true that you are inexperienced in the ways of being a princess. Yet, with time comes experience. When you become the prominent monarch of Equestria, you would have already learned how to rule justly.” Twilight wiped a stray tear away from her eye and smiled.

“Thank you princess. Those words helped me a bit.” She said.

“Please Twilight, you can just call me Celestia. We both are now equals and children of mother Faust.” As Celestia said this, there was a knock on the door.

“Tia! We have pleasing news to share!” Celestia knew who the voice belonged to. She stood up from her bed and walked over to the door. The door slid open, revealing Luna with a joyous expression on her face.

“Lulu, isn’t it a bit too early to be happy?” Celestia stated confusingly. “I mean, one of the ponies who came with us just died.”

“But Tia, she isn’t dead anymore!” Celestia and Twilight both opened their eyes widely.

“What!?” The both of them shouted in unison. Twilight got up from the bed and ran towards Luna.

“But princess, er, Luna, how is that even possible!? There’s just no way that a pony can be revived from the dead… can they?”

“We just came back from the infirmary. The one called Vinyl Scratch is resting in her bed, and we saw the one called Octavia walking towards her friend and re-inserting the IVs where they belonged!” Luna stated with excitement. Celestia was entirely puzzled by this event.

“So, you have seen Octavia walking around without any problems. If she truly is alive, then what allowed her to be alive in the first place?”

“I believe I can answer that.” A mysterious electronic voice echoed. Star walked into the room with an electronically-made smile present on the screen.

“Ah Star, where have you been since everything happened?” Celestia stated suspiciously.

“I have been in stasis since everypony teleported to your game. I heard about the news, but fear not. You wouldn’t believe how often accidents like this would happen.” Celestia, Luna and Twilight looked at Star with very unamused expressions that screamed ‘you think!?’ “This is why all robots onboard are capable of restoring life. I, myself, have a more potent form of this ability.”

“So any robot aboard the stormship can resurrect any pony?” Twilight stated curiously. Star nodded. “But, isn’t that against the rules of nature!?” She shouted.

“Screw the rules of nature! I have high-functioning processors!” Celestia, Luna and Twilight opened their eyes widely. Celestia coughed into her hoof without the gauntlet. “Sorry. I couldn’t resist saying that. But anyways, this universe is always filled with chaotic energy. Chaos is the most potent form of determination. Since we robots are formed through chaos energy, we can utilize this determination to revive anyone from the dead who did not die through natural causes.” Star kept walking down the hallway nonchalantly. The trio of princesses looked at each other.

“Celestia, I would like to see Octavia myself. Do you want to come with me?” Twilight stated happily. Celestia shook her head.

“I have some things to continue thinking about Twilight. You go on ahead with your friends to see Octavia.” Twilight smiled and sprinted into the hallway. Luna walked near Celestia with a curious eye.

“Would you mind telling me what is on your mind Tia? You don’t seem too happy with the recent resurrection of one of our allies.” Luna asked with a hint of sadness in her voice.

“Lulu, it isn’t that I’m not happy about it. It’s just the fact that she was resurrected by strange means. Normally, necromancy puts too much strain on the caster and it usually doesn’t end the desired way. We put a ban on necromancy a very long time ago due to ethical reasons and how disastrous it becomes. Yet, Star discussed bringing back a pony from the dead as if it were commonplace. No sane pony would just casually talk about reviving the dead. It makes me very suspicious about what this place really is.” Celestia answered in a serious tone. Luna looked around for a bit before she responded.

“I see what you mean Tia. I was happy because we do not need to worry about ponies dying on us. Yet, the way how they stated resurrection being commonplace is very unnerving. I will keep more of an eye on this universe because something does not add up right here.” Luna mused. She walked out of the room and the door shut behind her. Celestia was left alone as she pondered through the information she learned.

____________________________________________________________________________


Elsewhere, Lyra and Bonbon were on the bridge engaged in a conversation. Lyra looked desperate as she spoke, but Bonbon looked somewhat irritated.

“But Bonbon, I’ve shown you that humans exist. Why won’t you join me in researching humans? We have all the possible technology here to do so!” Bonbon growled in response to Lyra’s words.

“Because Lyra, I didn’t think that there would be any humans here at all! I didn’t even know what to expect when the day came that you would prove me wrong because I believed that you were just crazy!” Lyra’s lip quivered and tears fell from her eyes.

“But Bonbon, you promised me that you would help me research humans.” Bonbon facehoofed before she settled down with a sigh.

“Look Lyra, let me set something up with you. I will be your assistant in researching humans if you can beat me at a game of hoofball here.” Lyra gasped and covered her mouth.

“But Octavia died playing hoofball here. What makes you think that I would want to die against my best friend!?” Lyra said with a shocked expression. Bonbon laughed in response. She smiled sincerely as she looked at Lyra straight in the face.

“Didn’t you hear? Octavia is alive and well. It turns out that this kind of thing happens from time to time. You don’t need to be afraid of dying because you can just come back to life again.” Lyra looked around nervously as if she tried to find some way to make an excuse. Nothing popped into her mind.

“You know Bonbon, you’re right. I did want to play hoofball from the very beginning. No notion of death will make this explorer of anthropology fear the game!” Lyra stated with an absolution in her voice.

“It’s great to hear that Lyra. Now come join me as we go to the command terminal of this ship and collect our gauntlets!” Lyra eagerly, but hesitantly followed Bonbon into the mangled hallways of the Stormship. They passed through several rooms for sleeping quarters. As they walked down the hall, the two of them literally bumped into Doctor Whooves and Derpy, who came from a different portion of the hallway intersection. All four ponies fell to the ground.

“Owww, what was that?” Doctor Whooves stated. His eyes met Bonbon, who sat on the ground as she rubbed her head. “Ah Bonbon, what a pleasant surprise this is.”

“Doctor! Oh, this is a bit embarrassing. I didn’t mean to bump into you. I just wanted to go down to the command terminal to play a game of hoofball with Lyra here. So, what were you doing down this hall?” Doctor Whooves looked back at Derpy, who rubbed her head with a ditzy expression.

“I and Derpy were just examining the gauntlets. Those pieces of technology are phenomenal! The motherboard was overloaded with such alien data, and the gauntlet was made with spacial breaker circuits. I’m just taking this gauntlet over to my room to do some research on what makes these devices so fascinating!” The Doctor stated happily.

“I went to see Star too. I wanted to wear the gauntlet, but Turner didn’t want me to wear mine yet.” Derpy stated while crossing her forelegs in anger.

“Well, good luck with that Doctor. I’ll be going down to the bridge with Lyra now.” Bonbon stated. As she was walking, Doctor Whooves screamed.

“Wait! The ship is travelling to a new destination. I suggest you hold off on that game temporarily until we get there.” He said. Bonbon nodded and walked down the corridor with Lyra. As soon as the duo of ponies got into the terminal, their eyes met with the spraying electricity coming from the broken wires of the place. Lyra shuddered as she saw how cold and poorly-kept the area was. Bonbon ran over to the shelf, which contained ten gauntlets. She reached her hoof into the shelf and grabbed a gauntlet. She had an almost devilish smirk as she moved the gauntlet over her hoof. The screen flashed a light blue color before the light of transformation shined brightly. As the light dimmed, Bonbon was covered with a bulky, cream uniform: She wore a thick helmet that covered a good portion of her head and had a chinstrap. Her breastplate armor had several layers of metal and plastic. To complete her look, she wore thick shin guards and had cream and purple-styled metal cleats. Her breastplate had a design of three blue bonbons on it. Lyra stood in awe of the transformation that enveloped her friend.

“Wow Bonbon, you look fierce. Do you feel a bit different?” Lyra meekly said. Bonbon looked around a bit.

“Well, now that you mention, I do feel a certain form of bloodlust emanating from this gauntlet. Hurry up and put on your gauntlet Lyra!” Bonbon screamed. Lyra bolted back and winced.

“Okay!” Lyra went to the shelf and picked the gauntlet near her. When she put it on, her screen flashed a light blue color. Then, she became enveloped in a bright flash. The sensation for her felt unusual. After the flash ended, she was equipped in a teal uniform: She wore a t-shirt with slight frills on the sleeves. She had a pair of shorts that rounded well with her posterior with a small opening for her tail. There was a golden harp design sewn in onto the front of her shirt. The most significant change was that she didn’t wear the standard cleats like every other pony had during transformation. Each cleat had five different metallic appendages at their ends. When she lifted them up, she tried to move each appendage. Much to her surprise, the appendages responded the way she did. “I have fingers! I have hands for hooves!” Lyra jumped around in cheerfulness. She performed a cartwheel to test the abilities of her newfound joy. Her cartwheel was perfect. Bonbon appeared to be unnerved about what she saw.

“Okay, so you have hands now. When we get to this Thunder Island, then we can rough it up. So in the meantime, choose your partners!” Lyra smirked as she took out the stylus out of her gauntlet with one of her metallic hands. She grasped the reed and poked each of her squares. Her tongue was out in a silly fashion as she pondered about which sidekicks to choose from. As she finished, she put the stylus into the gauntlet. The gauntlet fired several beams. From these beams manifested a Koopa Troopa in a teal uniform, a Hammer Bro in a teal uniform, and a Toad in a teal uniform. Bonbon stared at Lyra’s teammates in an unamused fashion. “Really Lyra? You’re going to go with two turtles with hands and a human? Please.”

“Hey, I don’t see you coming up with anything for your team. At least I love who I chose.” Bonbon stared at Lyra with an unamused expression. She breathed before she grabbed the stylus with her mouth. She didn’t grab it the right way and ended up poking the internal part of her cheek with the butt of the stylus. She looked enviously at Lyra for a moment, but then continued with the team selection process. She clicked on the screen for each box and scrolled through the menus. Eventually, she smirked, happy with her selection. As the blue beams fired from her gauntlet, Lyra stared at the impact zones. What materialized were a Boo with a cream-colored helmet, a Koopa Troopa in a cream-colored uniform, and a Monty Mole in a cream-colored uniform. Bonbon stood in a prideful position. It felt as if she had the spotlight all to herself. Truthfully, it was a busted overhead light that trickled on before shutting off.

“Do you like my team Lyra? This is the team that will be ready to take you down at the arena when we get there.” Bonbon stated in a prideful fashion.

“Heh, you won’t be smiling for long when I, my four hands, and my team and their two hands all win against you.” Save for the few whirring electronics and occasional crackles of electricity, the room remained silent after Lyra said this. Both Lyra and Bonbon sat on their haunches as they looked around nervously. Bonbon coughed in an attempt to break the silence.

“Geez Lyra, Thunder Island is still a bit of a time away. What can we do to fill in the time? For me, I suggest that we work on our game faces. What about you?” When Bonbon said this, Lyra was already wearing a green clown mask with black pupils and red circles for cheeks painted in. “I mean our internal game faces.”

“Ohhhhh.” Lyra mused. She took off her game face and started riling herself up in an attempt to look threatening. Bonbon looked at Lyra with an even larger intensity and growled. Lyra responded by doing what Bonbon did but with her legs held out like a bear. Bonbon got in close to Lyra with an intimidating stare and growl combo. In the midst of the game face competition, Discord happened to wander into the terminal. He did a few exaggerated coughs. Lyra and Bonbon both looked at him, embarrassed by the spirit of chaos watching them.

“Oh don’t mind me. I just wandered into this place to tell you that we are at Thunder Island. Don’t let me distract you from your current ‘game’ you are doing here.” Discord said with both his griffin talon and lion paw doing air quotations at the word game. “You know, you almost touched each other’s faces. It looked as if you were about to kiss.” Bonbon stared at Discord hatefully. For a moment, her pupils looked as if they were literally on fire.

“OUT!!!” She screamed. Discord moved back a bit.

“Okay, okay! Geez! It’s not like I would’ve shipped that. Then again, that does seem like a tempting and funny idea to put into action.” As he said this, he saw a television screen that flew towards his direction. He dodged right before the collision. “Well, it seems as if my presence here is no longer required. I’ll have to go check up on Celly and then gather everypony here for your game.” Discord snapped his griffon talons and disappeared. Bonbon looked back at Lyra.

“The nerve of some spirits of chaos. Does he truly think that we would be together like that!?” Lyra blushed a bit and backed up.

“Uhhhh, no not really. I definitely don’t think we’ll be perfect for each other.” Lyra said through her teeth.

“Whatever. He said we’re here now. So, you want to take the home position and I’ll take the away position?” Bonbon questioned.

“Ummm, I think you should take home territory Bonbon. It would feel weird for two unicorns to take home side in a row.” Lyra admitted. Bonbon shrugged her shoulders.

“If it’s fine with you, then it’s fine with me.” Bonbon walked over to the leftmost teleport tile while Lyra headed jumped over to the rightmost teleport tile. The light shone atop of them before electrical impulses started to phase through their body. Eventually, the two competitors became a spark of energy that vanished.

Author's Note:

Rather than playing at The Vice like in the two previous matches, I'm having Lyra and Bonbon play at an entirely new arena. Oh the fun I'll have with that chapter.

Anyways, I will always appreciate comments and criticisms. Like it, favorite it, do whatever you want.