• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 2,298 Views, 28 Comments

Scootaloo's Life - Shimmering Honor



The morning of the most important day in Scootaloo's live which leads to a startling discovery and an awkward situation

  • ...
3
 28
 2,298

Confusion before the Decision

“So, does this mean that you want her back?” Asked Rainbow Dash, Spitfire looked up and saw the fear in Scootaloo’s eyes, fear she could lose her idol or her real mother.

“Thats up to Scootaloo.” Spitfire answered, Scootaloo looked between the two mares in front of her. Her mind racing with thoughts.

“I…err...I…”

Spitfire and Rainbow Dash stared at the door. Scootaloo had screamed something and ran out of the room. Spitfire started to go after her.

“No, she needs to be alone right now.” Rainbow stopped her.

“But she’s my daughter!” Spitfire almost screamed.

“Then wait till she comes back. Trust me, she needs time to think.” Rainbow said. She knew going after her would cause more trouble as she had done it numerous times herself.


Scootaloo ran out of the building and into the air, her wings flapping harder than ever before. She flew as fast as she could in a random direction, too upset to care where she went.

Why? Why now? After I finally have what I want, she shows up…

Scootaloo was going faster and faster, a small cone of air starting to form in front of her.

Why do I have to choose? Why in Celestia’s name do I have to decide between Rainbow and Spitfire?

The cone increased in size, Scootaloo had no idea how fast she was going. Her mind was racing with thoughts, time spent with Rainbow Dash. Her idol, her hero, her sister, and now her adoptive mother. How could she turn away from the only one who showed her love and affection for the past three years? But then how could she turn her back on her real mother?

The cone got increasingly larger, Scootaloo was shook from her sense as an outstanding explosion ringed in her ears. She looked back to see a purple and orange shockwave rippling out from behind her, and a purple streak trailing behind her.


Rainbow Dash and Spitfire both sat on the edge of a cloud just outside the academy. Neither wanted to talk, or be distracted from their thoughts.

“Do you think she will be alright?” Asked Spitfire.

“I know Scoot, she will be upset and confused. We just have to give her time.” Rainbow said, a tear rolling down her cheek. She knew what was going to happen, and she feared it.

BOOM!!!!

Both mares looked up and saw the purple and orange shockwave.

“A Sonic Rainboom!” Both mares said, seeing the purple trail. They looked at each other and shot off after it.


Scootaloo was so excited, she had done the one thing everypony thought only Rainbow Dash could do. She had accomplished the Rainboom! “OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOMYGOSH!” She squealed as she started to slow down. She landed on a cloud, buzzing with adrenaline.

“SCOOTALOO!!” Came two familiar voices. She looked around to see Rainbow Dash and Spitfire flying towards her. She suddenly remembered why she was flying so fast in the first place. As the two mares landed, they both stared at the young Pegasus in disbelief.

“Well done squirt.” Rainbow said first, trotting over and rubbing Scoots mane.

“Sweetie, that was amazing” Spitfire said attempting to hug Scootaloo, who backed away.

“Leave me alone, please.” She said to Spitfire. “I need time to think, I have an idea.. just give me a bit of time, please?” She said and flew off again.


It had been three days since Scootaloo had flown off, Rainbow Dash and Spitfire had gone out looking for her. Rainbow had spoken to everypony she knew. But was relieved to find out she was at Sweet Apple Acres, staying with Apple Bloom and AppleJack. It made Rainbow feel relieved that she was at least safe. Spitfire on the other hoof, had questioned Rainbow about the Apple family.

“Scoots will be fine.” Dash assured Spitfire, who was pacing the cyan mare’s living room.

“I know, I am just worried. I finally meet her and she runs away from me.” Spit replied, her heart heavy and her head ached. Even though Rainbow had let her stay at her house in the sky, Spitfire hadn’t slept right for the past few nights. She had nightmares about the time that Scootaloo was taken from her, and how she must have been treated. She awoke the same time every night in a cold sweat.

“Spitfire, AppleJack is the element of honesty, if she said Scootaloo is fine, Scootaloo is fine!” Rainbow said, starting to get annoyed.

Meanwhile, Scootaloo was pacing in the barn at Sweet Apple Acres.

“Com’on Scootaloo, Ya can’t be mad at ‘em for too long.” AppleBloom tried to tell Scootaloo, but she wasn’t listening, mumbling about what to do.

“AppleBloom, Scootaloo, come an get yer dinner!” Shouted AppleJack from the kitchen.

“Come on Scootaloo, we gotta go in now.” But Scootaloo was still pacing back and forth. “Scootaloo!” AppleBloom Shouted.

Scootaloo looked up. “You say something AB?” She asked.

AppleBloom stared at her. “Dinner.” She said and walked out and over to the house. Scootaloo followed. Soon Scootaloo’s stomach was full with all sorts of amazing apple based products.

“Why did I eat sooo much?” She asked herself as she closed the door to the guest room. She flopped down on to the bed, and started to think of Rainbow Dash. Tears formed in her eyes, then the thoughts turned to Spitfire, her real mother. How she had explained what had happened to Scootaloo, and how she had simply disappeared. This made Scootaloo start to cry, she tried and tried to hold back the tears, but to no avail. As the first salty water droplet ran its way down her cheek, the mental dam broke apart and a flood of tears streamed down her face. She cried and cried, her orange fur becoming matted and heavy.

“I can’t do it, why do I have to choose… How can I choose betwe…” She stopped. “I got it!” She grabbed ahold of a quill and some paper, and wrote down some plans.

“I will do this tomorrow, after some sleep.” She yawned and flopped back onto the bed, her eyes closed before she hit the pillow.

The next day, Scootaloo never showed up to breakfast with the Apple Family. She had flown out of the window, and had headed straight for Dash’s home, her home. When she got there she was about to open the door when something made her stop.

“Do you remember the times we had together deary, all the laughs and fun we had, and don’t get me started on the ‘bed’ time we had.” Came Spitfires voice.

“Oh I sure do Spits, they were a could couple of year, Wonderbolts, Training Scoots and dating you. I don’t know how I kept our little fling a secret from her.” Her little heart would have exploded if she ever found out.” Rainbow Dash replied. Scootaloo had heard enough, she burst into the house, yet not through the door, but the wall.

“You were doing what behind my back?” Scootaloo asked angrily….

Comments ( 6 )

This was the perfect symphony of sadness and laughter! :pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy:

Well done! :yay::moustache:

Hmh, this is a mixed bag for me. Some bits feel forced and there are a few grammar issues. The short chapters stop me getting overwhelmed by it all though.

3950164 I know...its not my best

Someone sure is in trouble now cough cough rainbow dash cough cough spitfire cough:rainbowdetermined2:

Login or register to comment