• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 2,788 Views, 37 Comments

Teenage Celestia - Barrobroadcaster



Twilight's first experiment with age magic gets more than a little complicated.

  • ...
3
 37
 2,788

Chapter 3: Not a Morning Pony

Twilight Sparkle awoke to the sound of somepony pounding on her front door. She'd spent most of the night studying, going over the age spell again. Finally, Spike had managed to convince her to get some rest and that she could try figuring it out in the morning.

"Spike... could you see who that is?" Twilight asked in a tired voice as she woke up.

"Wha...? Could I see who the..." Spike's voice groggily trailed off. Twilight looked over to where the baby dragon was sleeping, he turned over once in his bed. She decided it might be best just to see who it is for herself.

Twilight walked down the stairs and across the living room. Whoever was knocking at her door hadn't stopped since she'd woken up, Twilight began to hasten herself as she got closer. Finally, she opened the door with her magic but what was on the other side made her think she was still asleep.

"Twilight! My favorite gal pal! What's up?!" Celestia asked. Twilight's mind immediately entered a state of shock as she witnessed the grinning face of her mentor holding Princess Luna in a headlock grip to her side. The sight of the two ponies just standing in front of her was so surprising, she could barely find the words to speak.

"Prin-princess Celestia?!" Twilight asked in an astounded tone.

"Please help me Twilight Sparkle," Luna said quickly, still being gripped to her older sister. Twilight looked to her, still unsure of what to make of the situation.

"Twilight, like, my most super special student! We need to hang out," Celestia declared. "I just woke up today and had nothing to do and I realized, I don't get to see you guys enough. We never do anything so today I decided we're going to spend the whole day together having fun!"

"That... sounds great!" Twilight said. Despite the way Celestia was acting, Twilight did love the opportunity to spend time with her teacher. She didn't know what to make of what she saw but something seemed strange about them both. Finally, Celestia released Luna to hug Twilight. The larger white pony picked up the purple unicorn like a small foal and squeezed her in a bipedal stance with both hooves. Twilight felt the air rush from her lungs as she was held in Celestia's grasp.

"I just love you guys soooo much!" Celestia said, eyes closed tight.

"We... love you too, Princess," Twilight said. She looked to Luna who was rubbing her side. Twilight noticed the expression of deep concern on Luna's face. Something was wrong but what could she do about it?

"I'm so sorry about what happened yesterday," Celestia said, releasing Twilight who gasped for air. "Those age spells can be soo tricky sometimes. So, I figured we could forget all about it with a spa day!"

"A spa day?" Twilight asked. She looked to Luna who still wore an expression of deep concern. She said nothing though, it seemed as if she was just as perplexed about this as Twilight was. "That sounds wonderful, princess."

"Awesome! You need anything to get ready or shall we get going?" Celestia asked.

"Let me just let Spike know where we're going. It'll be just a minute."

"Okay!" the princess said gleefully, clapping her hooves together. Twilight slowly took her eyes off her mentor as she closed the door. What was going on? The princess was acting strange. Almost like a kid or something. Twilight ran up the stairs to see Spike still curled in bed.

"Spike? Are you still asleep? Wake up," she urged him.

"Hey... morning Twilight," he said groggily. "Is somepony at the door?"

"Yeah, it's Princess Celestia and Luna."

Spike started to perk up at the sound of the princess' names. "Wow, they came all the way to Ponyville to see you this morning?"

"Yeah... and they've invited me to out for a 'spa day'." Twilight said.

"Wow, that sounds like fun, Twilight."

"I know..." Twilight said, putting a hoof behind her neck and looking down at the floor. "but something seems a bit... strange about her today."

Spike sat up in his small bed. "Strange how?" he asked.

"I... I'm not sure," Twilight admitted. "She's just acting, a bit weird is all." Unfortunately in a situation she didn't understand, Twilight's first instinct was to send a letter to the princess. But what happens when what she didn't understand WAS the princess? Who could she send a letter to know? Who watches the Watchmen? Should she try to get her brother and Princess Cadence? Could they help? And what about Luna?

"Hmm," Spike put a claw to his chin. "You think it has anything to do with the age spell you cast on her yesterday?"

Twilight had been subconsciously trying not to connect the two. "I don't know. But Luna's with her. Maybe I'm just imagining things."

"Maybe she's just excited to see you?" Spike shrugged his shoulders and suggested.

"You could be right," Twilight said, trying to look at things from another angle. "I should be happy that both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna both came by to see me and-"

"Twilie! Are you ready yet?" Celestia's voice called, sounding all too much like it was coming from some eager valley girl.

Spike raised an eyebrow. "Doesn't your brother call you that?"

Twilight nodded quietly. "I better get going. Could you try to look up more about age magic while I'm gone? Try to find everything you can about it."

"Of course. How long you think you'll be gone?"

"I don't know. Try getting in touch with the others too," Twilight said as she descended the stairs.

"Okay Twilight. Have fun... I guess!" Spike called back. Twilight walked through her living room and opened her door slowly to see Celestia and Luna once again though Luna looked as though she was keeping a specific distance between herself and her big sister.

"Let's get going! We've got the whole day ahead of us!"

"Yeah..." Twilight said, trying to sound more enthusiastic than she was. "Let's go to the... spa!" The larger white alicorn lead the way, almost prancing as she strode away from Twilight's house. Twilight and Luna followed, hopefully Twilight could get some answers from the other sister.

Comments ( 22 )

Huh, You know I'm kinda surprised that Luna was silent throughout that whole chapter. If I was here in that situation I would have a lot to say. But then again I might be silent too due to shock, so maybe that is what's going on. Anyways, good chapter.:pinkiehappy:

2766250 Thanks Shadow. And yes, shock has a lot to do with it and Luna's dealing with quite a bit of it. Don't worry, Luna will get more dialogue soon and believe it or not. everything I've gone over in the story so far is entirely relevant and is in no way filler of any kind. Consider every word important.

2766306 Interesting...ok.:rainbowhuh:

2829992 Did it make you laugh or did you find it interesting at all? :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

2830005 Yay! Then it is doing its job.:yay:

This is brilliant. :pinkiehappy:

Behold, the effects of a mental age regression spell.

This is why you include escape conditions on every spell you cast, so you don't get these unfortunate side effects.

i really like this story hope to ream more soon:twilightsmile:

8793254
Just focused on other stuff right now. You know what I want to get finished first, what I'm self-obligated to finish.

9016974
Believe me I want to, but I'm working on my Dan Vs. story right now.

I hope you still plan to continue this story at point.

11206901
I'm almost finished with Dan Vs. Then, I'll be taking a break from that and I'll be free to work on other stories. I might do a blog and ask what people would like added to next.

█╗░░░██╗██████╗░██████╗░░█████╗░████████╗███████╗
██║░░░██║██╔══██╗██╔══██╗██╔══██╗╚══██╔══╝██╔════╝
██║░░░██║██████╔╝██║░░██║███████║░░░██║░░░█████╗░░
██║░░░██║██╔═══╝░██║░░██║██╔══██║░░░██║░░░██╔══╝░░
╚██████╔╝██║░░░░░██████╔╝██║░░██║░░░██║░░░███████╗
░╚═════╝░╚═╝░░░░░╚═════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░░╚═══

Login or register to comment