• Published 19th Jun 2013
  • 4,226 Views, 64 Comments

'Red'emption of a Showmare - Crimson Brush



After an unusual reconciliation, Trixie and Twilight hope to build a new relationship – but will Twilight's friends accept the now-"Humble and Repentant Trixie"? Or will they have to resort to drastic measures to protect their ne

  • ...
10
 64
 4,226
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 35 )

I'm so very happy with how you ended that. Especially Rarity. The rest stuck with spanking. Rarity essentially sexually violated Trixie under the guise of punishment. I'm extremely glad to see that it didn't go undealt with.

awww i wanted to see princess celestia get spanked by trixie.

Author, if you dont mind, a little explanation of the very end there? Why were the 3 being punished? And why did Trixy think it was for her? All of the punishment Trixy received from them was requested I thought.

3415582

If you recall the entire incident was instigated by those three. Trixie wouldn't have retaliated with her boasting and revenge if they hadn't heckled her at her performance.

While Trixie was still in the wrong for not taking the high ground in the situation they still had a hoof in it. And Twilight is making sure everyone is forgiven and reaches peace for the incident. They all accepted it ((Of screen)).

so wait...

"One day, I’ll explain my actions to you, Trixie. The actions that led to your hatred towards me, and the reasons for them. One day... when Twilight fulfills her destiny... you’ll know the part you played – and the mistakes I made. And perhaps, when that day comes, I shall be the one needing to beg for penance and forgiveness..."

Does this meant here will be more to this? Or is that just a mystery?

3415896

This was meant as a wink to those who believe ((Myself included)) that Celestia knew exactly who the elements were and set everything up before hand. It was confirmed that Trixie went to Celestia's school, and her control is very impressive for a unicorn, so I had a bit of a head cannon that perhaps Celestia thought Trixie was the element of magic before Twilight's "Test" incident.

Celestia was referencing Twilight coming Ascension to Alicornhood, and felt bad for having given less attention to Trixie simply because she had found a better candidate. She can't tell Trixie yet, because if Twilight found out it might change the future. When Twilight ascends she plans on telling them both and accepting her just consequences.

But all that said I have no real intention to write that all out at this point in time. So I left it on a cliffhanger of sorts for others to give it their own meanings and ideas.

:facehoof: im kinda dispointed by the cadence and celestia parts infact i decided to skip right past them you had a good novel till there it would have worked better as a story if it was twi and trixie coming out to celestia it was a little too much about the clop in the end and that ruined it but for the first 4 chapters i loved it, it had just the right amounts of romance and dedication but the end feels rushed
:fluttercry: i want more cute stuff :raritycry: :raritystarry: pwease :duck: :scootangel:

3547206

Whew that was a long one, took me a bit to read through. Sadly I'm not as um... well thought out to do the same but I did feel it deserved a reply ^^.

On the note of the Ursa, I believe I made the point that the Ursa was in NO way her fault. Her fault was in the retaliation to the heckling she received. While the heckling was completely in the wrong she went too far in retaliating against them, especially in Rainbow's case (That could have very well done serious harm to her).

If you watch Magic Duel they give plenty of information on why she got the amulet. For one she had to EARN that outragious amount of bits by working on the rock farm. Thats not something you do just to stroke your own ego. If the writer's intent was to make the entire revenge plot on the side of the amulet she would probably have said something when she finally obtained it. Perhaps... "Finally The Great and Powerful Trixie has the power she deserves!". Something like that. Though that all postulating on my part since the writers probably never thought that far.

While I agree wholeheartedly that her punishment far outweighed her crime, I did have my reasons for it. First and foremost being, its a story and I wanted certain things from it. But outside of the corporate reasons lol. She agreed to whatever it would take to be with Twilight. It shows her true devotion to her, she simply had the bad luck of having to face the ire of the 3 most vindictive of the main 6 (Especially Rainbow). Applejack is stubborn and grew up in a very strict family, with even stricter values, so the punishment makes sense (Barring the fact she didn't realize that the earth ponies are inherently stronger). Rarity is almost 100% an alternate life of Trixie. Same personality and desires, though different outlets. The difference is Rarity was accepted, and Trixie was scorned. It shows a great contrast to how the world works given opposite reactions.

Rainbow Dash... I doubt I really need to explain her. Luckily I was a bit inspired by my previous story to give her a change of heart. When I first started writing chapter 1 I had full intention of her punishment being abusive, given the show's personality for her. But I loved her too much to really let that stand, she is my second favorite character after all.

Everyone's welcome to their interpretations and opinions, both of the show and my story, and I really appreciate that you enjoyed the story enough to write such a passionate comment.

This fic is a beautiful masterpiece. to be honest, i'm going to go and reread this when i finish writing this comment. I loved ever paragraph as I read, you did an amazing job of capturing every scene of discipline, and saucyness that i felt as though i was part of the story itself.

I give you the best thing I can right now. As many derpy's as I can. Enjoy my friend.
:derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2::derpytongue2:

you definatly should of posted another chapter with what was going on down there... but you could at least do one-shot finishing it. I want more of your writing lol.

“Ahhh! Consarnit, that smarts...!”
“Applejack...?” They both chorused in a loud whisper.
“Hnnhh! Darling, that really hurts...” came a slightly louder whine.
“Rarity...?!”
“Oh, buck up and – HSSSS!! – take your medicine like the rest of us, Rares...”
“Rainbow Dash?!”

this made me sooo suprised lol

3917017
I think Triskelion would've agreed with that though, but I'll be honest by the time I finished the final chapter all my writing inspiration was gone.

I've even started a new story but I just can't get inspired to write it. So for now this is it. Really happy for the support though ^^. :twilightsmile:

3917051 Aww well you should find some inspiration. It seems like ti would be a rather ineresting chapter

3919459

Twilight doesn't have wings and as much as we all want it Twixie will never be canon.

3917063
I thought about expanding on that last part some more while I was massaging what CB sent me into shape (which is basically how we wrote this, for the most part; he wrote the basic chapter structure that had the events he wanted in them, then I fleshed it out while fixing up spelling, continuity, etc.), but I wasn't entirely sure where to go with it, since it was kind of starting to feel (to me, anyway) that the concept had pretty much run its course by that point.

There's an old show-biz adage: "Always leave 'em wanting more." :pinkiehappy:

3919459
I suspect CB made it "alternate" because Twilight's not an alicorn, even though enough time has passed between "Magic Duel" and the start of this story that "Magical Mystery Cure" should have happened by now.

It's a bit clearer if you read The Many Uses of a Brush, which this story branched off from; Crimson Brush opens her shop in Ponyville sometime after "Wonderbolts Academy", at the very least, since the pendant Rainbow Dash got there is referenced in the chapter with her and Scootaloo, and Trixie returns to Ponyville several weeks after that.

(A little saucy? It's tagged "Mature", "Sex"; what did you expect, deep philosophical ponderings on the nature of existence? :rainbowlaugh: )

3920938

(A little saucy? It's tagged "Mature", "Sex"; what did you expect, deep philosophical ponderings on the nature of existence? :rainbowlaugh: )

bwhahahahahahaha:rainbowlaugh:

That part with Celestia and Cadance was a bit on the overkill side. Still it did not make this story any less good or entertaining! Very nice work! :pinkiehappy::raritystarry::scootangel::twilightsmile::yay::heart:

... The underlying notion was expressly unpleasant.

Consequences are not some kind of retribution. Consequences are KNOWLEDGE. The experience of WHAT happens when you do something. Bad, good, it`s irrelevant. To think that spanking, of all things, is the absolution? Way to put carriage ahead of horse.

No matter how severe or trivial, punishment is not a consequence, in direct sense of the word. It did NOT came from the action, it was a reaction of others against the action. It is a retribution, a deterrent.

I suppose I can simply allow the notion that being spanked is an arousing concept for some people. Peer review amply suggests that much. However, the notion of punishment fetish? It`s something I will never be able or willing to comprehend.

5294103

*smiles* I appreciate your comment, despite its criticisms. The spanking in this story is not necessarily meant as Punishment or Retribution, but merely a means for both parties to come to a resolution of past grievances. Trixie accepts that she has wronged them, and wishes for their forgiveness. Their decision of spanking, or whatever Rarity did :derpytongue2: is merely a means of putting the past behind them in such a way that it should never be brought up again. Trixie's decision of acceptance for such harsh actions, was simply a way of showing just how much she is willing to change, to move away from her actions in the past, and move on to be a pony others can trust and accept as a close friend.

At least that was my intention. I would never use spanking as a "punishment", for me its always a bonding experience. Of course this doesn't work for all children or partners. But if a child/partner accepts they did something wrong, but feels that forgiveness is not as simple as "I'm Sorry" and "I forgive you" it can help to bridge that gap and bring the two people closer than ever before.

Everyone is different though, and I won't ever say my way is right, or another's is wrong, barring the obvious exceptions. I do appreciate your taking the time to voice your views even if they do differ from my own. ^^

5295629

Well, that`s just it. I don`t believe in such token gestures. The values must match. I`d accept the monetary value, or an effort value, but dignity value? Forget it. No one is worth that much to me.

5294103 The underlying notion is something we've lost and need to restore to return our civilization to greatness. (i.e. Actions have consequences. Evil deeds must be atoned for before forgiveness can be granted. Maybe that sounds harsh, but nothing worth having is easy.)

6396105

Atonement, is that it? So who sets the golden standard, as it were? Who decides what should be atoned for and how?

No, this is bullshit. Atonement as a notion has any sense only on a subjective scale - it`s something you do to regain good standing with someone (yes, including yourself) if you`ve previously soured that relationship, be it by mistake or by intent. Most usually, it revolves around undoing or correcting something you`ve done to displease the someone in question to begin with.

When you try to speak of it as of some universal concept... Well, at best you sound like sanctimonious moralizing ass. At worst... At worst, you actually believe in this tripe, and at this point rational people start to plot how to get rid of you for good, lest you one day decide that "global justice" requires their "atonement" for "sins" they would not recognize.

6396959

I sense a bit of aggression, and I don't mean that in a condescending way. I never intended to anger or upset anyone with this story. It was inspired entirely on a whim. To be honest I hold Trixie to have only moderate fault in the events of Magic Duel and No fault in Boast Busters ((Part of her act is being boastful, a lot of magicians do it... I was actually upset at the reactions she got in that episode, and NO ONE can blame the ursa on her.)) So in terms of Atonement or Punishment I hold this story very out of cannon.

On that note though, Punishment was NEVER my intent, but it is in our nature to want to punish, or find justice, thus Applejack, Rarity, and RD's reactions. This story was more meant to be about Trixie seeking atonement and forgiveness. ((Yes I know the discipline is extreme, that's more for the reader than for Trixie.))

You asked who sets the 'bar' for atonement. Only two people can name/set that bar. The victim and the perpetrator. This can often be hard between adults, given that the victim may be cruel or compassionate and the perp may be aloof or self loathing, or simply drowning in guilt. The Victim may think a slap on the wrist is enough, while the perp may feel the need to severe torturous punishment. It could also be in the reverse. And while there is no 'right' answer the compromise is the most important part. When they can both agree that it is 'enough' then the problem can be forgiven and resolved and put in the past. Rarity's punishment may seem outlandishly harsh, but since Trixie is accepting of it, then in their eyes it is not.

Granted this was my intent, and does not mean that is how it is seen or read. And I apologize if I offended anyone with its message or tone. In my opinion the difference between abuse and discipline lies not with the victim but with the person who committed the act. And yes I understand for crimes this can't possibly be implemented in any realistic sense, but for slights against another, it is appropriate. Spanking someone because you were offended by something they did, when no offense was intended, is abuse. Spanking someone because they truly need to relieve the guilt they feel and reach a resolution between you both so that you can move on, is discipline. And though I use spanking in this example due to the nature of the story this really goes for any form of punishment.

I hope my words can be understood... I know I'm not the best speaker, but I wanted to put my heart on this matter out there. I thank you for your time and dedication to something you seem very passionate about, and I hope I did not offend.

6397060
Those three, of all the Ponyville, have the least justification for wanting punishment upon Trixie. What are their reasons? That they rose to the challenge and were shown up? INSUFFICIENT.

And also, very much wrong about who sets the bar. Haven`t you noticed something? It`s entirely too easy to swap the labels around. Victim is perpetrator, and perpetrator is victim. In truth, NEITHER of them is qualified to set any kind of standard. Anyone, but those two would be better, safer and far, far more just.

There is a good reason why the concept of judge exists. Someone uninvolved, who can take a look at both sides equally critically, and tell both of them what are the acceptable compromises and limits.

6397310

I believe I already stated this story is not meant to be Canon, and the punishments are more for the reader than Trixie. I agree that those three are the true culprits in this situation, thus them getting their punishment at the end. And an arbitrator can be just as unjust as the victim. Just look at America's jail system with a ridiculous case of wrongful incarceration. As well as the completely disproportionate punishments. 50 years for smoking pot and 15 for raping a child? But I've already said that compromise is unrealistic for the Judicial system. If a victim and perpetrator can come to a compromise and come to terms with whatever wrong came between them, then is that not fair and just?

6397382

Fair and just, you say? Not even remotely. In case you have had forgotten, it`s not impossible to force, coerce or deceive into agreement. So how exactly do you tell if your involved parties came to compromise, or one made a decision and made an effort to, ahem.... discourage other from voicing dissent?

What displeases me the most is that you don`t seem to have any idea what is that you`re advocating. So allow me to cue you in. Most abusive relationships work exactly in that sort of "compromise". Abuser insists that their abuse is just and fair, and abusee comes to believe this. But on the surface, all is fine - compromise is reached, everyone is "fine" with situation.

I don`t need to point out that this is utterly disgusting, and any self-respecting person should shun this "simple" way of thought.

6397599

Actually its not lost on me in the least. As I grew up in an abusive household with my father. But this isn't our world. This is Equestria. And while some could argue there can still be corruption in that world its far less likely than our own. And don't think for one second I can't see the huge flaws in my own idealistic viewpoint. Cause that's what it is. Idealistic. I know full well such idealism is laughable in our world.

This story isn't based on the real world though, this story is based on my own head cannons, and thus my own idealistic view of Equestria. Every person and I'm sure every pony is different, I can't possibly assume my methods/ideals would work for everyone. But at the end of the day this is a story, a fiction, and as such I can assume my own utopia within it. Abuse happens, injustice happens, but sometimes we need to see past that, and hope that someone, some people can live and see things how we do. Barring some huge revelation, this'll be my last post on this 'debate'. For ideals are not really a debatable subject.

Just keep in mind this is a story. If a purple horse can grow wings and a sparkling crystal tree house, then who's to say they can't discipline without abuse. ^^

6396959 Oh god. That is such relativistic bullshit. If I stole from you, punched you in the face and slept with your wife/husband/significant other you'd be screaming for revenge. Morality may be difficult at times, but everyone knows (or should realize)when they've wronged another.

6397737
Consider the opposite side. What if you, say, accidentally swiped my lighter or something comparably minor and unintentional... and I`d be all "CUT OFF THY THIEVING HAND, YOU WASTREL"?
Would you be willing to "compromise" on this? Or you`d outright call me a loon for demanding something so outlandish?

Just to put it in perspective - yes, there existed a set of circumstances when it was entirely viable situation - a couple hundred years ago. See, I happen to be a descendant of a count`s bloodline. Currently, that means jack all (other then I can pay through the nose to have "countess" added to my name in papers). Back then? Yeah, if you`d steal something from me, having your hand cut off for that could be entirely real possibility, and you`d probably be grateful I didn`t decide to have you whipped to death instead. But considering the same situation from modern viewpoint, the "compromise" is not bloody acceptable at all.

6699265

Its not portrayed well in the episode itself due to a lack of transitions. (Not telling us how long she was bragging about her heroism) But outside of that she was pretty much choosing to be a hero for the sake of fame, rather than for the sake of those she was saving, towards the end of the episode.

6699640 I guess the thing is I am a Pagan. This story fits with my faith with the idea that one must make amends to earn forgiveness. And Trixie had a lot to atone for. But we don't consider boasting or bragging a sin-we consider it a virtue and even a sign of gratitude to the Gods who gave us our talents (with the caveat that one must be honest with one's boasting.) I saw Trixie's vice not as boasting, but as dishonesty. She said she could do something that she in fact could not and dishonesty is a serious matter.
Then she went completely off the rails with the Alicorn Amulet. It might not have been entirely her fault, but she chose to put it on.
Anyway, this story is very thought provoking.

6752095

Boasting by itself isn't entirely a bad thing. But when you do good simply for the praise and not for the sake of doing good, its no longer a good act. At least as far as I'm concerned. As for Trixie, the majority of her 'lies' were on stage, and thus were an act for her fans. Were not given enough time with her outside of her stage persona but we see enough to know that she changes quite a bit when she's not around her fans, even willing to risk her life to save two idiots. That's why I don't really blame her for any of Boast Buster's problems. Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Rarity were far more in the wrong in that episode, for heckling her during a stage show. But all of this is really left up to the watcher to interpret.

6752286 I agree with you that RD, Applejack and Rarity were more at fault in Boast Busters.

Now first off I want to say that I loved the previous story of this and how it set up Twilight's and Trixie's relationship to one another as well as actually showing the proper way of spanking through discipline very well done there, and the Clop scenes were all expertly written.

However I must admit that the Rarity and Applejack chapters left a rather bad/sour taste in my mouth for it being far too harsh a punishment. While yes Trixie humiliated Applejack and Rarity during her premiere episode Applejack's switching was far and above what was needed, something I will note was pointed out in story and she apologized for, but Rarity's scene really left a bad taste in my mouth when she began inserting objects into Trixie going far and beyond "humiliation". The Discipline must fit the crime and Rarity's discipline went far far far too beyond in my eyes to the point that it became degradation and simply cruel in the extreme in regards to what she suffered during Trixie's show.

Strangely enough I felt that Rainbow Dash actually learned from her experience with Scootaloo and actually GAVE the right amount of punishment to Trixie to the point that she actually became the best of the three hecklers.

All the scenes with Twilight and Trixie were heartwarming as they showed what a good BDSM relationship should be with their trust and love for one another's safety, and I even liked the Celestia and Trixie conversation since it relied on an earlier plot point brought up earlier on.

So with all this in mind, plus that last little tidbit of Twilight dealing out punishment to Applejack and Rarity for their cruelty towards Trixie, makes me like and favorite this story even if those 2 chapters left a very sour taste in my mouth. Twilight standing by and allowing the Rarity situation really galled me, but regardless those are just me thoughts and I hope it does not come out overly aggressive.

8269837
Thank you for you reply, first off ^^. Secondly, no I don't think you were aggressive at all and I do appreciate all constructive/honest criticism.

The Applejack chapter seemed to fit Applejack's character, but that might be because I grew up in a redneck household, and I project a lot of that on Applejack. But as you noted she does apologize for not realizing the physical differences, and its forgivable since she gave no more than what she would give Applebloom, A filly.

As for the Rarity chapter, I do agree to a point. Rarity certainly went too far towards the end. But I think that chapter is more to point out just how far Trixie is willing to go for Twilight rather than how far Rarity's sadism goes :P.

(Speaking specifically about that last chapter) The pacing is excellent. You have a beautiful way of explaining emotion within a scene that would otherwise, in many other hands (hooves) be left simply to the mechanics of the action. Your descriptions are wonderful and your ability to have such characters maintain their personalities despite the extreme divergeance of what we'd expect from MLP is also extremely good. I love the switching between the different characters, the simultanious spankings, each with a different impliment, is an interesting difference and I'm not sure which I prefer. I love them both, but I feel there is a closer connection with Twilight and Cadance within your story that you are VERY good at putting forward, so that scene feels more meaningful.

This is a really good story and you should be proud of yourself. You're a very good writer. :)

(About the whole story) I read the other chapters a while ago, but despite a medical memory condition, these particular stories immediately jumped to mind when barely reminded of them. In fact, I've read almost every spanking fic on this site, and the first installment of this series is the one that has stuck with me the most, in fact, its literally the ONLY one I can actively recall extensive details of. And of course, parts of this second one. But as my memory favours the first, I'll speak on what I can remember of the second.

I remember the series having a surprisingly accurate reaction of the characters as Trixie came into their lives. I remember being impressed with how well they were strongly maintenaned, and VERY impressed with how the progression of their acceptance came to fruition. These truly are, likely to be, the best spankingfics on here. I do hope for more from you.
As I said before, you're an amazing writer.

Login or register to comment