• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,257 Views, 36 Comments

From the Blind Eternities to Equestria - PuckDaFolice



Jace finds himself in a new plane; one he has never seen before. The dominant species are ponies, but it does have their fair share of dragons, minotaurs and such. Now what's a Blue mage to do?

  • ...
3
 36
 2,257

[04] - "What's That on Your Face?"

"What's That on Your Face?"

"...if that's alright with you..." Fluttershy quickly added, hoping not to seem demanding to the stallion. Jace stared incredulously at the stuttering pegasus in front of him. One moment she displayed a temporary sign of assertiveness; but ended up berating herself for it the next. 'Such a fragile mind.' Jace thought 'Maybe I just ought to turn her into a treefolk/pony hybrid and get it over with...?'

As the Planeswalker sat on his haunches once more; a certain white unicorn overheard Fluttershy's request, then decided to walk over to the trio. The unicorn scanned the pondering Planeswalker pony presented before her. "*AHEM*" the alabaster unicorn coughed. When the unicorn stallion didn't give a response; the mare gave another 'lady-like' grunt. However, Jace seemed to be lost in a world of his own; so of course, he didn't notice it when he was poked by a hoof. He did notice, however, the weak punch his shoulder.

"W-wha?!" Jace sputtered; confused on what could possibly think of wronging him.

"It's quite rude to not pay attention to a lady." a voice spoke in a tone that immediately made Jace think of nobles. Uptight, despicable, annoying nobles.

The blue unicorn quickly faced his 'aggressor' and caught sight of an alabaster face. "Oh...er..." Jace did a brief overview on the knowledge borrowed from Twilight Sparkle before addressing the mare in front of him. "Ra-Lady Rarity I presume?" the Planeswalker offered the white unicorn a fabricated smile. He was rewarded with a slight grin and a quick nod. "Ah...I *ahem* I'm pleased to meet another of the well-renowned Bearers of the Elements... Pardon the lack of manners earlier on, I was just distracted by a thought. If I had known that the beautiful, talented, and over all elegant mare; Lady Rarity herself--"

Jace noticed the extremely pleased expression on Rarity's face; though she tried her best to hide it in a lady-like manner. 'Hook, line and sinker...Another influential pony in the metaphorical bag.'

"--I would have been on the best of manners! I sincerely hope you can forgive such barbaric notions." The blue stallion finished by lowering his upper body to lean in a bow. '...wait for it...'

"WAHAHA--...erm, I mean... I'm glad to hear that you turned out to be such a gentlecolt." Rarity coughed "...unlike someponies..."

The Planeswalker rose from his bow then grinned genuinely. 'Too easy...' the blue unicorn thought. As Jace fumbled with his hooves to stand properly, the Element of Generosity locked eyes with him. For a few moments, no one said anything. But when Jace managed to right his hooves to a proper position, the silence was suddenly cut by a disgusted cry "...Forgive me if I'm being blunt...but...what is that on your face?!" Rarity quickly shoved her hoof in her mouth as she finished. "Oh--er I mean...whatever are those intriguing stripes scattered on your face? Are they um...were you born with them?"

Jace quirked an eyebrow, but didn't respond. Rarity feared she may have insulted the gentlecolt she just met. It was just like her unfortunate meeting with the dreaded Prince Blueblood! Only this time--she was the offending party. The only reason this Jace pony knew about her was because he was probably thinking of a way to meet and court her! That has to be the reason! 'Ohnononnono this is bad! I, as a lady, should do the decent thing!'

The Element of Gnerosity suddenly cried "Though I think they look smashing!" Jace's ears flattened back as the mare continued in a high-pitched voice. "I apologize if I have offended you in any way, shape or form!"

"Er..." the blue Planeswalker mumbled "...it's no problem...?" The alabaster mare looked at Jace with a twinkle in her eyes. The Planeswalker shifted uncomfortably as Rarity's gaze was held up for a few moments more than he wanted it to. Jace noticed the glazed expression on the mare's face. 'Uh-oh...I know that look...' the blue unicorn thought; taking a few steps back as a precaution. "So..." Jace started; hoping to break the mare's trance "Is there any reason for a pony of your caliber to approach myself?" This seemed to snap Rarity back to reality. The white unicorn blinked.

"...er... Why...um, yes, yes indeed! I merely wished to know where you got that faaaaabulous cloak of yours. It looked like it went right out of a history book!--" Rarity spotted Jace's raised eyebrow "--a fashionable one, at that! Hehehe...." The Element of Generosity finished.

The Planeswalker smirked "Oh, it's just a little something one of my friends stitched up for me..." he paused "...nothing spe--"

"If you dare dissuade that magnificent garment as mundane; Celestia help me, I shall slap you as lady-like as possible."

"...alright..."

"Good."

"...e-excuse me?" Fluttershy spoke out. Jace heard the mare talk--which was more of a whisper--and turned to face her. This action, however, seemed to be too fast for Fluttershy's liking; as the aforementioned mare shrunk back under the Planeswalker's gaze.

"Yes, Ms. Fluttershy?" the blue unicorn asked as sweetly as possible; hoping not to scare the Element of Kindness into fleeing the scene.

The yellow pegasus avoided eye-contact with Jace; which he found annoying and...cute? "...I--uh...I was wondering if you wanted to make me a tree?...If you can't do it then don't strain yourself...but, oh! I didn't mean to offend you or anything, so, I'm sorry..."

'Wait...that was just...did I just find that adorable?!' Jace stared at Fluttershy for a few moments 'These ponies are proving to be quite interesting...as such; I suppose a lignify spell is in order...Now where was that forest again?...'

Jace cleared his throat as he addressed Fluttershy "I will prepare the spell shortly. Please be as compact as possible and don't make any sudden movements...I--haven't done this spell before." The Planeswalker bowed his head; horn pointing at the yellow pegasus.

Rarity was about to retort when the beam that was collected on Jace's horn was fired almost instantaneously. A bright green light engulfed the room for a brief moment. After a few seconds, when the flash subsided, everypony in the room turned to look at the source of the sudden illumination. They gasped.

Comments ( 10 )

Fluttershy: timberpony

Edit- First!

Note: the spell is Lignify, not Lingify.

And so now we wait to learn what bad things happen when you draw green mana from the Everfree Forest.

Lignify causes the enchanted creature to lose all abilities. That clearly includes flying, but I wonder, will also impact Fluttershy's animal empathy? If so, she's probably going to find herself regretting this. I hope Jace has something that can remove Auras prepared...

Hmm. How very interesting. Also: CURSE YOU CLIFFHANGERS!
i1.ytimg.com/vi/jVhdKoU69DA/hqdefault.jpg

slow writer is slow...

2978659
IKR?

Seriously though, I just moved in a new house and then about to move in a dorm/apartment...sooo sorry for the delay, things are a bit chaotic here.

2981546 And so you cancel it? Boo...

this was fun to read, can't wait for more

Login or register to comment