• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,258 Views, 36 Comments

From the Blind Eternities to Equestria - PuckDaFolice



Jace finds himself in a new plane; one he has never seen before. The dominant species are ponies, but it does have their fair share of dragons, minotaurs and such. Now what's a Blue mage to do?

  • ...
3
 36
 2,258

[02] - "I Know Who You Are"

"I Know Who You Are"

Twilight Sparkle eyed the strangely-clothed "Alicorn" in front of her. She saw the pony furiously tap it's horn with a hoof.
"I'm a Unicorn!" she heard the stallion whisper.

Twilight Sparkle grinned; "Don't worry sir, you still have your wi--" Before she could finish the rest of her statement, Twilight Sparkle noticed the alleged-Alicorn dismiss her with a hoof. Reaching for his back, Twilight Sparkle watched in awe as the "Alicorn" single-hoofedly ripped off his wings.

The mare looked at the now-wingless Alicorn; or, for a better term, unicorn, threw away the remains of his dismembered wings. The stallion turned to look at the shocked unicorn and smirked.

"Gossamer and morning dew." he quipped, a knowing smile plastered on his blue face. Trotting over to the dumbstruck mare, the unicorn proceeded to stick out a hoof. "Pleasure to meet you... Twilight Sparkle." Flabbergasted, the purple unicorn merely stared at the hoof like it was some sort of foreign object she has never encountered before.

In an attempt to recollect herself, the Element of Magic shook her head then smiled sheepishly at her fellow unicorn. Meeting the stallion's hoof with her own, Twilight Sparkle asked "R-right...so, um...how do you know my name--sir...?"

"Jace..." the blue unicorn replied, shaking Twilight Sparkle's hoof gingerly "...and of course...who wouldn't know about the revered protege of the Sun Princess herself? To not know is an atrocity in itself!"

The mare withdrew her hoof; her cheeks reddening. "I--of course...right..." she mumbled, looking down at the pavement. Jace let out a chuckle, causing Twilight Sparkle to blush more.

"I didn't mean to embarrass you...so, to the matter at han--hoof!-" Jace said "I need to have a conference with the Princesses...I mean, it shouldn't be too hard for the personal student of her majesty, yes?"

Twilight Sparkle pawed at the the road; "I-I guess..."

The blue unicorn beamed; "Excellent!"

"But I'll have to write to her first...we wouldn't want to barge in on the Princesses..." the mare said, facing to look at Jace's cerulean eyes.

"No problem at all..." Jace turned to at look his surroundings. "Twiley..." Jace smirked


'Such an interesting plane...' Jace thought; as he trotted alongside Twilight Sparkle. The mare reluctantly agreed to let Jace see her friends, although the planeswalker already knew about all of her friends. In fact, he probably knew more than that, due to a little mind-reading spell the blue mage cleverly cast on Twilight Sparkle without said mare knowing what he did in truth.

Jace, being the suave silver-tongue he was, told the Element of Magic that he simply used a charm to detect Changelings, in which the mare quickly agreed as the smart move. Jace thought that the changelings here looked strange (according to Twilight Sparkle's memories), he had summoned changelings before, but they usually don't have defined shapes. Although the changelings here did... 'Strange indeed...' Jace thought; as he observed the treehouse/library in which his purple companion supposedly lived in. Jace has had numerous glimpses of this tree; it was named "Golden Oaks Library" ...and it usually had it's lights on...

"Hmmm...very strange.." the blue mage thought aloud; this elicited a response from Twilight Sparkle.

"What is it Jace? Is something wrong?" the mare asked; shifting her gaze to the troubled stallion.

"That..." Jace said, raising a hoof to point at the tree.

The Element of Magic squinted at the direction her companion was referring to. They were the windows of her humble abode. "Y-yeah? What are you trying to say?...Those are just windows--..." she asked.

"Indeed, and I think I saw movement." Jace replied flatly; as he stopped directly outside of the door.

Twilight Sparkle shook her head; "I don't think you should worry too much Jace."

"I'm just being cautious..." the mage retorted.

"And besides..." the mare continued "If you did see something move in the library, it's probably just somepony borrowing some books..."

Jace redirected his gaze to the Element of Magic. For as long as Twilight Sparkle could remember, there wasn't a single pony who thought of visiting Golden Oaks Library for knowledge. And since this is a Blue Planeswalker we are talking about, that means he also knows that fact.

Jace raised an eyebrow at the mare. "When was the last time somebo--pony came by here to borrow books?"

The purple unicorn looked down, "...Oh, um...not so recently?..."

"Fair enough." Jace said, reaching for the door with his magic. Thanks to Twilight Sparkle's memories; Jace has learned quite a few things that are highly valid. Such as the fact that if a unicorn uses physical means to open a door, it is a sign of spell incompetence. Now, Jace wasn't one to boast of his skills, but the possibility of others as viewing him as weak was... unacceptable.

Twilight Sparkle's mind hosted other vital information, for example; when the door opened to the sound of confetti blasters and party streamers going off; Jace knew exactly who was behind all this. Not a moment after the wooden door opened; a vibrant pink "earth" pony shoved her face close to Jace's.

"HI! My name is Pinkie Pie! I'm pretty sure you're new here, because I know everypony, and I mean everypony in town! And when I saw you fly down the market-place when I was out buying party supplies; I just knew you were lonely! The look on your face was all frowny and sad, but I'm here to turn your frown; upside-down! Oooh, that reminds me, we have a game here where you have to move upside-down, I was the reigning champion when a pegasus named Ditzy Doo or Derpy as her friends call her, beat me to the game! In case you're wondering, I call her Derpy because everpony's my friend! Did I mention that before? Anyway, you should totally meet her! She's such a fun pony! Speaking of pegasus, I thought you were an Alicorn! But that's silly! Everypony knows only princesses and princes are Alicorn, but you're just a normal-looking unicorn! But when you cam here you had wings, but I recognized those wings! They looked like the one our friend Rarity--"

Jace was paralyzed. He had seen memories involving this ... Pinkie Pie. The Planeswalker thought he had mentally prepared for the inevitable barrage of words...but alas, it appears that he has made a...major miscalculation. The stream of sentences seeping out of the mouth of the cheerful pony mentally jabbed at our poor protagonist. 'I haven't felt this pained in a long time...it's sort of like a Black spell to break one's thoughts...'

The blue mage gasped. A spell! That was the answer to this predicament. Being the reasonable mage he was; Jace attempted to remember a spell that couldn't bring physical harm to anybodypony. Physical being the key-word here.

"--and then I said, 'Oat meal, are you crazy?!' and then--"

With no time to consider anything, Jace gritted his teeth and began to channel the first spell he could think of in such short notice. Anything could help him. When the spell strikes, Jace could probably think of a way to manipulate whatever spell he cast to his advantage. He was wrong.

As the last bit of mana was gathered around his horn (he learned that unicorn horns act as a focus; much like how an initiate would use a wand), Jace fired off onto the unsuspecting pony who was chattering about Emrakul-knows-what.

Jace could feel his spell--whatever it is--begin to work. Pinkie Pie was then engulfed in a familiar blue aura, as Jace's magic was implanted upon her. "Hey! What's going on?" the pink mare exclaimed.

"Jace...what are you doing?"

Jace turned to look at his purple companion; staring back at him with fearful eyes.

"I--...I'm not entirely sure..."

The crowd behind Pinkie Pie murmured...'Huh, I haven't seen those ponies before...since when did they get here?' the Planeswalker's curious mind began to wander off yet again to one of it's random thought sessions.

"A-anypony?" Pinkie Pie squeaked, now completely enshrouded by the blue mage's spell.

The blue unicorn shifted his gaze to Pinkie Pie and gasped in sudden realization... He knew what spell he cast then.

The spell ended; leaving Pinkie Pie on the floor.

"Ribbit!"

'This isn't so bad...at least she stopped talking.'