• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,257 Views, 36 Comments

From the Blind Eternities to Equestria - PuckDaFolice



Jace finds himself in a new plane; one he has never seen before. The dominant species are ponies, but it does have their fair share of dragons, minotaurs and such. Now what's a Blue mage to do?

  • ...
3
 36
 2,257

[01] - Planeswalking to Equestria

Planeswalking to Equestria

Jace was bored. It had been several hours since he entered the Blind Etrenities, in hopes of finding anything new. Jace looked around, 'Nope, still the same chaotic landscape of unstable energies...nothing special' Jace let out a sigh. It has already been a few years since he plansewalked away from Zendikar; and Jace was beginning to succumb from boredom. Usually, a trip to the Blind Eternities cheered him up. The ever-shifting 'landscapes' always manage to grasp Jace in it's chaotic awe...but now, the unpredictability of the Blind Eternities ironically made it predictable in a sense.

Jace let out another sigh. 'I better find a plane to go to quick, if I don't; I'd die from staying here too long or by boredom...' As Jace wrung his arms to prepare for casting a spell to send him to another plane; he noticed something twinkle to his left. Now make no mistake, there is always something twinkling in the vast Æther, but this particular one had a unique aura about it.

Curious, Jace began his trek towards the near/distant glow. Distance was always wonky in the Blind Eternities, something Jace didn't mind. After a few steps; Jace could clearly see the twinkle in all it's colorful awe. It was how a child would draw a star in shape; splattered with all the spawn of the spectrum at it's sides.

Jace took a moment to ponder; it was clearly a plane, but not one he was familiar with. Jace wasn't a risk-taker, but then again; his prolonged exposure to the Æther was beginning to take it's toll. Jace could feel his skin quiver, a sign that his whole being would dissipate in any second. Luckily, the Blue mage had learned of a new spell to increase his staying power in the Blind Eternities. This allowed the Planeswalker more time to think...not that he really needed it.

After mentally debating whether or not he should planeswalk approximately seven times, Jace finally decided to reach out to the plane. He could feel the strange mana emanate from the new plane. It was thriving in pure, untamed magic.

Jace smirked, it would do to quench his thirst for an adventure. Focusing the mana from nearby planes, Jace attempted to connect with the plane in front of him. Feeling the familiar sensation of planeswalking, Jace couldn't help but break out into a fully-toothed grin.

It was going to be an interesting day after all.


Twilight Sparkle was cooped up in the Golden Oaks Library again; flipping from page to page of a book she recently discovered she had. As she reached the end of the page; she promptly closed the book and set it aside. "That was fun..." the unicorn muttered "For about 15 minutes..." Shaking her head, Twilight Sparkle stood up and stretched her body into an arch. She looked around; absorbing her surroundings. The purple pony stood there for half a minute when she suddenly felt a strange sensation surge throughout her entire being.

Shuddering, Twilight Sparkle looked around frantically for the source. It felt like having ice-cubes slide on your spine, and needless to say, she didn't like it. "Now what could that be..." Twilight Sparkle asked to no one in particular. 'Oh well...I ought to go outside...it has been a while since I last saw the girls.'

Smiling to herself, Twilight Sparkle proceeded to go out of the door, and into Ponyville. Unbeknownst to all, another pony had the same idea. But his way of getting there was rather...unique.


Jace could feel the wind rushing past his body; his cloak billowing in response. The mage felt strange...he felt the same, but not...the same. Dismissing it as the side-effects of the plane; Jace redirected his attention downwards. He was falling towards what appeared to be a town.

The Planeswalker let out a disappointed sigh. His first time in the plane; and the plane itself already tried to kill him. That had to be a new record, not even Zendikar was this abrupt in killing off it's inhabitants. Well technically, Jace wasn't a real inhabitant...but still--he is now.

Clearing his thoughts; Jace wracked his mind for a spell to help him land safely. Numerous spells sped throughout his brain, until Jace decided for a rather "simple" one. Craning his head for a better view at the town; Jace spotted multiple colorful blots taking up the majority of the place.

Jace began to reach out for the mana of the plane. It felt...pure, almost as if the plane housed mana that could only be used for White spells. Taking this into account; the falling mage began to cast his spell. As he did, Jace felt a tingling sensation on his forehead. After the spell was cast, Jace felt himself descend at a normal pace whilst flapping his magical wings.

As the Planeswalker attempted to right himself before touching down; he finally noticed the citizens of the town. They were multi-colored horses. Jace blinked. They were still horses, but then some of them sported either a horn or a wing. Jace blinked again, as he felt his "feet" touch the pavement. The horses appeared to have stopped their respective activities and were now staring at the newcomer.

Jace felt uneasy as the citizens eyes were drawn to him. Some had their mouths open, others were furiously blinking their eyes at Jace (just like what he, himself did), while most of them were whispering to each other, albeit Jace could hear them perfectly.

"...who is he?"

"Is he royalty? Is he a prince?"

"I thought Shining Armor was the only one! And he's not even an Alicorn..."

The mage gulped. 'They better not be hostile...I need a guide!' Reaching out to the crowd his magic, Jace could easily peer into the thoughts of the "people" As his spell seeped throughout his audience; Jace felt a strong presence. A being filled with untapped magic.

Jace turned his head to the source and found himself face to face with a disheveled purple unicorn. "Excuse me sir, but did you just cast a spell on me?" the unicorn asked; to which Jace responded by nodding. The mare nodded back, "I see...now this brings us back to the question at hoof. Who are you and why are you an Alicorn?" The Planeswalker found himself staring at the unicorn.

'They seem sentient...and they haven't done anything hostile so far...hmmm...might as well do an extensive scan on this one's mind' Jace thought. As he began to channel his spell by reaching out to the mana around him, Jace felt the familiar tingling sensation atop his head.

The purple unicorn eyed the mage's forehead than gasped. The mare took a quick step back as her eyes widened the size of saucers. Not quick enough though, the spell fired and engulfed the unicorn in a cerulean aura. The spell began to make it's way into the unicorn's mind; digging through treasured memories and forgotten ones alike.

When the spell finished it's course, Jace found himself responding in the same way that the purple mare. Breathing heavily, Jace whipped out a pillar of water to stare at his reflection.

As the Planeswalker turned to face the aquatic mirror, his mouth dropped.

He was a unicorn too. He was one of them.