• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 3,019 Views, 27 Comments

Frostbitten - The Blu Equine



Discord drags Jack Frost to equestria to show everypony a little fun. What happens when the darkness finds Jack and twists him.

  • ...
3
 27
 3,019

Big EYES - Chapter 2

Twilight Sparkle was enjoying her walk through Ponyville. It was a perfect day, sun shining bright, minimal cloud coverage, new books in her saddle bags, fresh pile of snow crunching loudly under her hooves. "Snow? But its the middle of summer. Why would there be snow in Ponyville today?" Twilight thought out loud. Knowing the answer was probably just Rainbow Dash pulling one of her pranks Twilight kept trudging along back to the library trying to ignore the blatant disregard for seasons and temperature. Twilight's attempts to ignore the problem were futile as she arrived outside her home, the Golden Oaks Library. Although Twilight had learned to take a good prank, this one had been taken way too far. Her entire library was covered in snow and Twilight was at her breaking point. "Rainbow! What is the meaning of this this snow! Its the middle of summer for Celestia's sake, why would you be dragging out snow clouds now of all times?" Twilight inquired casting her gaze skyward. She expected to see Rainbow Dash hiding on some cloud but all she could see was a lone gray cloud showering Ponyville in a fresh coat of the fluffy white powder. Twilight's eyes began to twitch at this impossibility, "But the snow shouldn't be able to stay cold enough to fall from the cloud, let alone settle on the ground in piles." Twilight stated before falling on her haunches. There she sat motionless, continuing to ponder how this impossibility could be made possible.

Just as she was remembering Commander Hurricane's study in weather clouds and how they operated in an attempt to figure out this summer snow, she noticed the telltale streak of a certain rainbow-maned pegasus overhead. "Rainbow you need to stop your shenanigans right this instant! This snow is way over the top, even for you!" Twilight shouted to her friend.

"Wasn't me Twi! Honest! Best I can guess is this little puppy is a prototype cloud the scientists up in Cloudsdale are working on. Trying to make the weather more automated or something like that. I'll just corral this puppy back to Cloudsdale and let the sun take care of the rest." Rainbow Dash explained.

However, as Rainbow Dash soon discovered, corralling this cloud would prove to be a harder task than originally thought. It was as though the cloud had a mind of its own. The cloud was starting to win out over the prized pegasus of Ponyville as her fatigue began to show. Jack just chuckled to himself from within his cloud. He had carved out a hole from where he could poke his head out and see what was actually happening from the safety of his cloud. "Not that I need to worry about anything seeing me, its not like anything could believe in me out here." Jack muttered to himself. Poking his head out from the cool confines of the cushiony cloud he noticed he was heading towards a lake after his little bout with the pegasus pony. He just sat back and let the wind take him even closer to the lake. However he heard a noise he hadn't heard since back on Earth. It was laughter.

Peering out from his cloud Jack spied a bright pink pony playing just outside of town at the lake he was drifting towards. She was giggling and enjoying the day just lazing in the middle of the lake. Everything seemed normal to Jack when out of nowhere the poofy pink pony gasped loudly and sped off towards the town he had just winterized. Thinking nothing of it, Jack worked his magic on the lake and trees surrounding it. Spying a lone tree adjacent to the lake Jack decided he had earned a little break and jumped from his cloud, slowing descending to a fat tree branch jutting just over the water Jack had just frozen. Creating a winter day wasn't easy in the best of conditions, and this hot summer day was some of the worst conditions Jack had ever worked with. Feeling drained Jack relaxed on the tree branch, laying his staff across his body Jack was able to doze off. He could finally enjoy his magic for himself and not worry about if anybody else was having fun or not.

"Ooooooh a new friend what's your name? Mine's Pinkie Pie but everypony just calls me Pinkie, but then again you don't look like a normal pony, what are you anyway? You look like a monkey but without all the fur covering your body. Aren't you cold, no? Hm..... Oh I know who you are! You're Jack Frost aren't you! Huh huh huh tell me I'm right, I love being right especially when its about new friends, but then again you really aren't new are you." Came a sudden voice just above Jack's head. Startled awake Jack tried to make sense of the whole ordeal. Looking around to make sure that he was the intended target of the energetic pony's rant he settled with just pointing a finger at himself and giving her a quizzical look. "Of course you silly, who else would I be talking to?" the pony replied.

"You can see me? I was told nobody would be able to see me here. Guess I'll have to have a talk with Discord when I get back." Jack stated clearly rattled by this sudden realization that these ponies might be able to see him.

"Of course I can see you, why wouldn't I be able to see you, you're like the coolest guy around. Well that is before the pegasi figured out how to make you and the others obsolete." Pinkie exclaimed loudly. "Oh that means I get to throw you a welcome-back-to-Equestria-even-though-we-don't-need-you-anymore-party!"

"No, no parties I just need to wrap this up and get back. Can't believe Discord told me that nobody would be able to see me just because pegasi control the weather." Jack shouted, become more agitated the more Pinkie explained.
Trying to comprehend how Pinkie could see him coupled with the fact that Discord probably was just using him to get back at these folk started to return some of Jack's white glow instead of the gray color Discord had given him. However, his entire thought process came to grinding halt as he saw a rainbow colored blur coming right at him. Picking up his staff in case the pegasus decided to attack him. However, he found this action pointless as the pegasus simply flew up to his cloud and kicked it into non-existence.

"Finally got you, you pesky loud. Oh hey Pinks, forgot you were out here today." Rainbow Dash said, noticing her friend was out here by herself. "What're you up to out here alone? Shouldn't you be preparing for the next pony's birthday?"

"Oh Dashie, the next pony's birthday isn't for another 6 days and I'm not out here alone. I'm out here with my new friend, Jack Frost! He's the spirit of winter in all those books Twilight has!" Pinkie said, rather matter of factly.

"What are you talking about? The only two ponies out here are me and you. I think you should lay off all the sweets for a while Pinkie." Rainbow Dash replied.

"He's right here Rainbow! And he's not a pony he's this weird hairless ape thing and he walks on - " Pinkie was quickly cut off as Rainbow Dash shoved a hoof in Pinkie's mouth.

"Pinkie I don't have time for your silly games, I have to get back to Ponyville and help Twilight figure out how to melt all this snow. The sun doesn't seem to be doing its job and Twilight doesn't want to conjure any fire spells to help. Spike tried to help, but Twilight doesn't want him to "burn the whole town down" so the progress is slow. Have fun out here Pinks, I gotta jet." Rainbow Dash stated flatly before flying back to Ponyville.

"I see what you're trying to do now Pinkie. You're just trying to confuse me and turn me against Discord. It'll never work you temptress!" Jack screamed, visibly upset.

"No honest! I believe in you Jack Frost its just, well we handle our own weather now so many ponies have forgotten about you and the others." Pinkie explained, trying to make more progress with the spirit. However it all appeared to be in vain as he had lost any of the white glow he was starting to get and was the dull grayed out color he originally was. "Come back with me and I'll show you that I'm not trying to trick you honest!" Pinkie continued, begging the spirit.

"If I agree to go, will you at least be quiet until we get back to town?" Jack inquired.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!" Pinkie exclaimed. Jack looked scared and unamused, noticing this Pinkie just vigorously nodded her head.

The trek back into town had been unusually chilly for Pinkie, but she just attributed this to the fact she was leading the frost spirit back to town. "All right where to first, and yes you can talk again." Jack asked of the pinky pony. The walk back was, as promised, silent. Though she made some of the strangest noises as she bounded along the path back.

"Well, lets go see Twilight at the library first. I'm sure she'll be able to help us out, or at least point us in the right direction." Pinkie said before racing towards the large oak tree.

"Let's get this over with." Jack mumbled to himself as he went inside the building.

Author's Note:

Pinkie is taking a "day off" and just having fun by herself at the lake.
Discord magic works different on humans (In my story at least), effectively turning them into slaves. Because he doesn't completely screw with their 'being' the magic can be broken with a large event.
Any other questions below
Pre-readers/editor still needed
Comments are encouraged.

Comments ( 17 )

Replace "Jack Frost" with "Eyeless Jack" and you have my kind of story.

Oh, well. It was still fun to read the first chapter.

Even if Rise of the Guardians is extremely overrated...

2483374
I'm not the biggest fan myself, but I enjoyed the film and this idea popped into my head.

2483381
I just feel like if Discord would live anywhere it'd be a funhouse meets a hall of mirrors on crack.

hmm jack seems a bit ooc he IS a guardian

2485582
He is a guardian yes, but Discord has basically enslaved his mind, so to speak. Otherwise Ponyville wouldnt be experiencing a second winter during their summer.

And now we wait.

Classiest dubstep ever

2506144
probably my favorite song of hers. Expect the next chapter sometime this week, the weekend by the latest :ajsmug:

I just know that knowing myself will make me know about knowing:pinkiehappy:

soon, life got in the way of ponies.

Whens the frikin update?

So will you please update, please.

Comment posted by lady Phoenix deleted Jul 21st, 2014

Keep this up. Its starting to get good.

Login or register to comment