• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 3,018 Views, 27 Comments

Frostbitten - The Blu Equine



Discord drags Jack Frost to equestria to show everypony a little fun. What happens when the darkness finds Jack and twists him.

  • ...
3
 27
 3,018

We're Going to Have a Little Fun - Prologue

It was a bright sunny spring day. Everything was perfect, and that's just what Jack didn't like. The newly appointed Guardian of fun thought that the day needed to cool off. With little effort, he leapt from his perch allowing his friend, The Wind, to flow through his body. Floating through the air, Jack brought a big chill to the previously warm day. Content with his work Jack found a freshly frosted tree and took to one its branches, reclining on it with his staff across his chest. Jack loved tree branches, they allowed him to watch the children enjoy his day and, if need be, add a little fun to them. However, Jack's relaxed attitude quickly turned sour as he heard an unknown voice above him.

"I always admired someone that liked to mix things up for the sake of fun." Upon hearing the voice, Jack leapt into a defensive posture, readying his staff in case the owner of the voice proved hostile. Years alone and unbelieved in left Jack slow to trust. "Relax Guardian. I mean you no harm. In fact, I need your help." the voice came yet again, this time a little higher up. "Aaaand a little to your left youngster." the voice replied.

"Who you calling young? I'm probably much older than you, now show yourself." Jack said, still wary of this mysterious figure that had some sort of magic. Jack didn't question magic, but he still didn't trust it either.

"Again, I mean you no harm Guardian. Now you would be wise to lower that staff." came the voice again. Jack turned his head to the left slowly and saw a floating head. The floating head wasn't what surprised him, but what the head looked like. The face of a man was very distinguishable, he had a long pointed nose that took up most of his face. Underneath was a gray goatee that was bordering white. Atop the man's head was the truly remarkable sight, two different horns, one of a deer and the other from a goat. His eyes frightened Jack, they were very large and each had their own sized pupils, however both were the same color. Blood Red. "Now before you ask, I am what is known as a chimaera, a creature made up of many other creatures. You may call me Discord and I am the very unknown Guardian of Chaos. And I couldn't help but stay away from this chaotic little day you managed to whip up." Discord explained, seeing the bewildered look on Jack's face. "Now that that's out of the way I have a little proposition for you my chaotic little friend. I have some, lets call them friends, that don't know how to have any fun. Now I've tried to show them how to enjoy life and have fun but they don't take to it. That is where you come in. I need you to accompany me and show them how to enjoy life." Discord continued.

"I don't think I can help you Discord. I need to be here to protect the children in case anything happens to them. Sorry, not sorry." Jack said, attempting to get rid of this mysterious "Guardian"

"Jack, be reasonable. The children are safe and if anything happens I'm sure the other Guardians can take care of it. I mean how did they handle things in those years before they had you? Come on, it'll be fuuuuun." Discord taunted, trying to appeal to Jack's center.

"The answer is no. Now buzz off, I'm trying to enjoy this day." Jack said, becoming increasingly frustrated with this new "Guardian". With a loud pop, the man's head disappeared, or so Jack thought. What Jack didn't notice was the eagle talon floating above his head.

"I don't think you understand Jack, you're coming with me" Discord said, as he brought the lone talon down on Jack's head, slowly graying him out. With a loud pop, Discord appeared in all his glory. He appeared to be nothing more than a common hobo to the normal person. Mismatched clothing adorned his entire body, even his shoes didn't match. The oddest part of the man was his left arm which was an eagle's talon. "Now Jack don't you think we should get back? Wouldn't want to keep our 'friends' waiting." Discord asked.

"Of course, lets go have some fun." came Jack's reply. Jack grabbed onto the man and with a snap of Discord's talon they both disappeared with a loud pop.

Author's Note:

Hello, this is an idea I've had for a while, first real attempt at a fic that isn't a one shot.
Constructive Criticism is welcomed and much appreciated.
Looking for an editor and pre-readers.