• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 2,055 Views, 15 Comments

Letting her mane down - Valtyra

  • ...
4
 15
 2,055

Chapter 2

Pinkie Pie could still hear Celestia’s mumbling from behind the heavy, double oak doors. She sighed and knocked. Celestia’s mumblings didn’t seem to slow or stop, so she knocked again, this time a little harder.

Celestia’s mumblings and scribblings stopped and muffled hoofsteps could be heard nearing the door. The handle was pulled down and the door was opened away from Pinkie. Celestia’s head popped out from the crack and she blinked a few times, then looked down, to see Pinkie standing there, looking up with a slight tilt to her head.

“Pinkie...” Celestia stopped and let out a huge yawn, she looked both ways to check if she had been seen, “I’m sorry Pinkie Pie, I don’t know why you are here but I’m very busy and I can’t talk right-”

Even before Celestia could finish, Pinkie had rushed into the room, right under the Princess’s legs, “Please Pinkie Pie, I need to work.” Celestia said, turning around to check where Pinkie had gone. She found her on the royal bed, bouncing up and down in glee.

“Woohoo, this is much bouncier than my one, or even Twilight’s, or was it Rarity’s, or Fluttershy’s?” Pinkie shouted, her mane waving to and fro as she spun about.

Celestia sighed and tried to levitate Pinkie off the bed. As her horn lit up she felt a sharp pain emanate from the base of her horn. She fell to her knees, rubbing her forehead.

“Oh no, Princess!” Pinkie shouted, she quickly rushed over to Celestia, “What happened?”

“I don’t know, I must have been working for too long and got a headache...” Celestia shook her head and rose from the floor.

Pinkie backed up, “I know why, It’s too much work, and I’m not leaving until you stop and relax.” She stated defiantly.

Celestia sighed and winced, “I guess I could take a small break... what did you have in mind?”

Pinkie Pie smiled, “Well...”

---

Celestia sat in the royal kitchens, staring at Pinkie Pie. She had gained various ingredients from the pantry and had them set up. “What are we doing in the kitchen, and where are all the chefs?” Celestia asked.

“Oh they are taking a break for a little while, they’ll be back soon though.” Pinkie Pie responded, moving into position next to Celestia, “they should give us enough time to bake some cupcakes!”

“Cupcakes?” Celestia asked, unimpressed.

“What... Don’t you like cupcakes...” Pinkies lips started trembling and she gave the princess the biggest puppy dog eyes she had ever managed to do.

The princess’s resolve broke and she had to look away, “Of course I like cupcakes, I’m asking why we are baking them, the chefs could easily make them for me.”

“Because that wouldn’t be any fun now, would it?”

“I guess not...”

“Plus, they are more tastier when you put the effort in,” Pinkie grinned and passed over the first set of ingredients they would need.

Celestia went about mixing the batter, unfortunately she still couldn’t use her magic yet, making her to do it the old fashioned way. “This is unnecessarily difficult.” Celestia said, getting more than a little annoyed.

“Just take your time,” Pinkie replied. She put her bowl down and moved around behind the Princess, “Relax and breath,” She got up onto her hind legs, placing her front two on the back of Celestia. Pinkie starting massaging the Princess’s back, much to her confusion.

“Pinkie?”

“Mmhhmm?”

“What are you doi-ahh” The princess suddenly felt her whole body relax as Pinkie pushed in.

“Better?” Pinkie asked, moving back to her seat and picking her bowl back up.

“Much, thank you.”

“Come on, let’s get these scrumptious cupcakes done.”

---

Pinkie and Celestia were sitting on the royal bed, munching on a couple of the cupcakes they had made.

“Mmm, Not bad for your first try.” Pinkie mumbled through crumb filled lips.

“First time? That wasn’t my first time...”

“But you said...”

“I said that because I didn’t see the point of making food in the middle of the night.”

“Oh... Ok then.” Pinkie giggled and chowed down on some more cakes.

“Pinkie?”

“Yup?”

“Why did you make them with a rainbow center? Celestia asked, with a raised eyebrow.

“I dunno, seemed like a good thing to do.” She grinned, moving close to Celestia and giving a small yawn. “Goodnight princess...” She laid her head down on the bed and she was out like a light.

Celestia smiled down at Pinkie Pie and thought, “If I was a couple thousand years younger...” She raised her wing and placed it over to keep her warm. Celestia lowered her head as well, slowly drifting off as well, this time with a smile.

Comments ( 14 )

Sorry I just had to.:twilightsheepish:

Vocaie cawogirl nobowy knows

Really rushed but cute and fluffy.

A good idea but it feels a little short. It feels like you are dropping hints at the end but it now says complete (such as the rainbow center "and if I was only younger comment"). Further while it sounds like Celestia has started to relax it does not feel like there was a real sense of closure here.

2469226

hmm, I guess you're right. I might fix it up sometime, probs later

“If I was a couple thousand years younger...”

openclipart.org/people/Ramchand/pedobear_seal.svg

2471144

Lol'd hard. I was originally going to make this a clopfic :/ though, getting to the baking part, I thought it would spoil the whole thing.

Maybe a sequal would have to be done /:)

Where's The Gak-y Hair I was hoping for gaky hair

4062310 The gak-y hair was inside you all along...

4062344 :facehoof: From Indiana) that's corny
From Wisconsin) that's Cheesy

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you make this a one-shot?

4382591 um... Dunno tbh.

It looks interesting enough. Maybe kind of bold and I could see many grammar errors, but, overall, it was enjoyable :pinkiesmile:

I was laughing within 2 minutes in...

I agree it could use a little more closure, but otherwise it's great:pinkiesmile:

The first thing I thought when I read the description was: "How is she gonna do that? Her mane is always moving around...

Login or register to comment