• Published 1st Mar 2013
  • 24,032 Views, 140 Comments

Vanilla Twilight - Quillery



A night of soul-searching for Rainbow Dash leads her to an unexpected revelation about her friends and her feelings.

  • ...
31
 140
 24,032

Sequel: Dreams and Disasters

Rainbow Dash has a problem.

She might be in love with Twilight Sparkle and has yet to admit it to anypony, least of all Twilight herself. After the events of Vanilla Twilight, the two have grown much closer together, spending more time together and sharing their interests. Unfortunately for Dash, Twilight hasn't caught on to her feelings yet, and she could be content with just letting things progress as they are...

If only she hadn't sent that blasted letter admitting it.

Now, thanks to a pair of meddling princesses, Rainbow Dash finds herself on a globe-trotting journey with the subject of her affections. On the surface, it might just seem like a simple task for the Princess, but for Rainbow Dash, it might be the very thing that forces her to come clean with her feelings, or forever face her doubts.

For her, in the world of life and love, sometimes it's best to take it one dream and disaster at a time.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/89598/dreams-and-disasters

Comments ( 18 )

sooo many likes for this XD x

uh, you should just make a blogpost, not add a new chapter to your story. This isn't even a chapter. You're making my favorites list look bad. :flutterrage:

3418002

My apologies,

I added the extra chapter some time ago when I noticed a startlingly low number of people bothering to read my blog posts, especially the one announcing the sequel, and I was making sure the sequel was known to as many people as possible. I know adding non-chapters is looked down upon these days, and I'll wont be doing again. Sorry again for the confusion and clutter.

3418028
heh, honestly I wouldn't have noticed If I weren't refining my list. This one is still up there but I was shocked to see a non chapter slapped on. :twilightsheepish:

Comment posted by TwiDash deleted Apr 7th, 2014
Comment posted by TwiDash deleted Apr 7th, 2014
Comment posted by TwiDash deleted Apr 7th, 2014

Alright...wow....*sees the title of story-notices that it matches my Ponysona's name* hm....gonna read this one!! :D

OWL CITY TITLES LOL

I love Owl City!

6058308 omg, I was actually listening to Vanilla Twilight when I found this.

4322321 if you listen to the song vanilla twilight by Owl City, you'd see some resemblances.

I didn't read it when I liked this due to the fact that it has Owl City references.

Bloody one-shots

6294857
I imagined Twilight with that face that sbob had... Oh meh gawd

4as

Aww this is so very charming. I don't know what it is, the setting, the writing, or the characterization - or maybe all these - but the fanfic instantly had me hooked.
Just the fact that it all happens in the middle of the night in a casual manner feels like a refreshing type of setup for a story. Especially combined with vivid descriptions and brief journey through the sleepy Ponyville we got to see.
But even more impressive is the characterization. It is almost spot on.
I must say, I am not a fan of shipping stories (turning characters gay always feels contrived to me), but this fanfic feels like it could fit right into the show itself.
I will definitely be checking out the sequel.

I sure do miss sequel notifications as chapter updates, it made it so much easier to get sequel notifications. Now I worry about missing sequels, and have missed several.

Login or register to comment