• Published 5th Feb 2013
  • 34,161 Views, 2,350 Comments

Oskar Osäker: True Omnivore - Legionary



[Prototype 2]/MLP crossover. One of Alex Mercer's Evolved gets sent to Equestria, stricken with an obsession with security, can this untrusting being ever find peace if he does not allow himself to?

  • ...
61
 2,350
 34,161

NEWS

The Sequel is up, it may still be in the middle of being moderated at the moment though

Comments ( 181 )

Can't wait until it's approved! I dropped everything I was doing when I saw this update!

YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

LoL. Author posted an announcement and story has gone into featured. :trollestia:

Just have a stupid grin on my face right now....:pinkiehappy:

Well i HAD a grin on my face but then no new story when i checked. Stupid mod process. :fluttershysad:

Impecable timing, Legionary. I've just started my boring last school day!

It's probably going to be finished being moderated within an hour but if I stay up any longer I won't be able to function in my classes tomorrow...
I can't decide!!:raritycry:

Oskar Osäker?
That's a Swedish name and word for "Oscar The Unsure"
:twilightblush:

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL OF THE FANFARE

4506965 Huh, I didn't think about it that way to be honest! Sure, it seams like the kind of thing she would do :pinkiehappy:

4507173 Oh he definitely can, no doubt about that

4512280 He was a little busy sparring off against Luna, and trying to not appear to be much more than a extremely talented Diamond Dog. Snagging a few pieces of hair wasn't at the front of his mind.

4513107 And that ship goes down into the deep in flames :trollestia:

I really need to get into the prototype series...

4513969 Having trouble making heads or tails of the story huh?

4514069 No, the fic just shows me all the epic that I missed...

And hurry up on chapter two of the sequel.

4515748 Hmm, didn't know that just named him after the Norse dragon of myth and legend and suited his back story to somewhat match

4515288 It's been two days. Give him time. It's worth it. So far he's been cranking out a chapter every two weeks, each chapter at least 10k words long.

4516253 It's the result of a long hiatus. Two months atleast.

4516985 Honestly he had it coming

4518535 Would you mind terribly if you could tell me what those moments were?

4519175 Sorry, with this chapter that ship went down in flames

4521116 There's a reason to that.

4524912 How do you know? We only saw her for one day, and Pinkie was being rather Pinkieish that day. She just got back from who knows where, and wants to spend the day with her best friend, RD. Then, this pink pony keeps trying to butt in on their time together after who knows how many years, even though she was declined permission to join them. Her actions in town square are unacceptable, but they can probably be explained, if we knew more about Gilda and Griffon society. Finally, at the party, she is subjected to prank after prank, rather nasty ones in my opinion, and when she has had enough, her best friend decides to ditch her in favor of her new friends. The least RD could have tried to do was find out WHY Gilda was in such a foul mood, but instead of being a good loyal friend, she drops her like a hot potato.

4526352 those were happy days, when I laughed at Stephen King's stories

4529127 Glad to see someone noticed I don't entirely give random names to the Diamond Dogs

4534320

Warning: No editor so a few grammar errors can be expected :S hopefully nothing jarring though

Like Nightmare said, for most of this, there was no editor.

4534659 Even chapter 10 and 11 had grammar errors. I'm about to read chapter 12. And couldn't you go back over the other chapters?

4577434 Wouldn't have worked. There were no Hoof-prints leading away from the scene. She had to find some way to explain how both she and the Manticore entered the field, but only the Manticore walked out.

THIS STORY NEEDS MORE LIKES!
LET'S GIVE IT SOME!

4784633 Well if it is then it's kind of hard to explain how season one started in what looks to be summer, suddenly goes into winter and THEN goes into autumn, skips over the following winter and is around summer for the rest of the season without it being two years and not within just one don't cha know?

4784633 They forgot his first birthday maybe? Or "Secret of My Excess" is a flash-back episode? Can't think of anything.

4787446
4786371

Could be Emeralds fault. I.e they were going to invite shining Armour to the party- depending on how close the two are (maybe Spike sees him somewhat as an older brother?) but the mess with the grey fox made them keep pushing the date of the party back, because Shining had to keep trying to stop him. Then,just before they were going to hold it without shining, the library went boom because Emmy ate Luna's hair and they had to wait until the new library was built, and moved into, before they could actually hold it. Plus Twilight was going through the whole depression thing at the time so they would be more inclined to forget about it. But now that she's out of it Twilight remembers they forgot about Spike's party, they decide to hold it without shining being there, go all out on it, and the extra stuff they give him as an apology triggers the greed growth.

4884084 But Emerald doesn't exist canonically, we are trying to figure out what happened in canon that might have caused it. Because as you might have noticed, Legionary is sticking to Canon, and is slipping Emerald into that, and any deviations from Canon is caused by her presence.

4884287

‘We are trying to figure out what happened in canon that might have caused it.’

Up until ‘lesson zero’ Twilight was required to send a letter to Celestia once every single week. And, assuming every letter got its own episode, that means about twenty something weeks passed since she met the others and lesson zero. –

It wouldn't fit with the story as it’s written and would lead to some possible inconsistencies with what season is featured in the episodes, but remember, each episode was written by a different person and they were all trying to wrap a self-contained plot loosely around a single moral lesson- rather than trying to create a seamless interwoven narrative between each and every episode. (it’s also how I came up with the ‘seasons don’t work like we are used to and winter is actually a grand form of pesticide- they do live next to the Everfree after all’ to explain it away which Legionary used in chapter 6.)

As for possible speculation with this stories timeline accounted for

Spike could have been born on a pony version of a leap year. And that’s why Twilight still thinks of him as a 'baby dragon' despite the fact he’s probably only a few years younger than her. And while normally the princesses would scheduled a party on another date- just so he doesn't miss out- Twilight doesn't actually count them to his 'age' because of her almost OCD adherence to schedules 'and the calendar says its not his birthday' and because of everything that happened they forgot to schedule one.

Or having only birthday every few years could also be their way of compensating for a dragons lifespan relative to that of a pony.

4884786

And, assuming every letter got its own episode, that means about twenty something weeks passed since she met the others and lesson zero. –

But then look at the pile of letters she got sent back during "Return of Harmony" img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120715160306/mlp/images/0/01/Spike_belching_out_a_scroll_S2E02.png
There are a lot more than 26 letters there. Granted, there are probably more than 52, but I don't think Twi would have any problems with sending in extra letters, doing extra work.

Your other reasons seem plausible though.

4884928

Personally I’m leaning towards ‘leap year’.

But on that note I just went and watched the episode again and I noticed this

‘Rainbow; “don’t you know you get presents on your birthday?”

Spike; “Well this is my first birthday in Ponyville. And I usually just get one present… from Twilight… A book”’

Maybe Celestia has ,at-least some loose, knowledge about dragons? Or maybe it’s just Spike getting screwed as usual.

But I guess the real question is ‘how much does Emerald know about dragons?’ and if the answer is ‘enough’ the question is ‘will she see put two and two together in time?’ Plus, unlike in the episode, they actually have a dragon they can ask whats wrong in the 'useless lump' at Fluttershys

4885120 And Emerald ate a dragon. I think she knows a fair bit about dragons.

4885310

Yup she does… and if that is the case then it looks like Spikes’ going to spend most of his birthday cosplaying as Hannibal lecture…

But if it pans out like it does in the episode I do hope the aftermath is covered, at least a bit. - It would be interesting to see Twilight and Emerald try and talk down an angry mob. Or see if this would have any lasting affect on how the ponies see Spike.

4986657 He is panicking too much to focus on that little goal here. Next chapter

5034466 Honestly that whole set up was an accident and I only noticed later on

5034969 ...Seriously? THAT awesomeness was an accident? Wow, I'd hate to see what you could do when you TRIED...

5153922 You are in for a ride, hope you enjoy the story enough to catch up to where it is now :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment