• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 5,496 Views, 48 Comments

Of Earth, Sea and Sky: The Titans of Weather - Jewbacca



The Weather Trio begin a brawl in Equestria after an upset balance in the natural forces.

  • ...
4
 48
 5,496

Chapter Two: Earthen Fury

Earthen Fury

“Groudon? What’s a G-g-g-g-groudon?” Twilight stuttered in terror, backing away from the creature. Groudon looked around the room, its eyes glaring a blank, unmoving stare. He turned to Celestia and her sister.

“You two are the...”

“I am the princess of the sun, my sister, Luna, of the moon.” the sun deity stated.

“I see...However, I believe you’re wrong...However, this is not important. But I suppose an explanation is in order.”

“First of all, you can tell me why you possessed my guard, you monster!” Luna shouted.

“Hmph...Very well...” The husk of Darklight took another glance at his crowd, then began.

“When the planet was originally created, the great lord, Arceus-”

“Arce-what? Don’t you mean the two in front of you?” Rainbow interrupted.

“No, young one. May I continue?” it growled at the pegasus.

“When the planet was originally created, the great lord, Arceus, decided to use the help of other titans to pull together the world. ‘Through the powers of the Earth, Sea and Sky, I commission you three to shape the land.’ it said to us, and so we did. I, Groudon, was responsible for raising continents from the sea, my counterpart, however, created massive swells and formed the oceans.”

It chuckled amidst the horrified faces. “Of course, my creations and Kyogre’s contradicted each other’s...-”

“Is it this ‘Kyogre’ that’s responsible for the rain?” Twilight inquired.

“Humph...The denizens of this land are much more intelligent than I had originally presumed.”

“You foul beast! You dare insult us and call us ‘stupid?’” Rarity barked.

“To not know of such a divine force’s creation? I would say that you can be a bit foolish, nonetheless. On to my point, however, where two things may contradict, they can cause fighting. Kyogre and I brutally fought, until the Greater had-”

Something broke the silence, astray from Groudon’s speech, which he assumed was a pony.

“RAAAAAH!” it shrieked, the already-intense sunlight increased dramatically as several shielded their eyes from the brightness.

“THIS INTERFERENCE IS DRIVING ME MAD, STOP AT O-”

“‘Krow!” the sound was hardly heard over the beast’s shouting. Several traded confused expressions until something caught Celestia’s eye, it was resting on an open window of the throne room.

It was a small, blueish-black bird, with red-irised, white-pupilled eyes and a crooked beak. It had a bushy tail and wings. A small, hat-like projection of its head jutted out.

“What is that? I’ve never seen such a strange creature before...” Rarity muttered.

The avian seemed to be glaring at them, though. A strange sense of foreboding danger loomed in its eyes.

“Murkrow! Mur’!” it squawked.

“Now, I’m certain that no bird sounds like that...” a few said the same thing. But the small thing eventually flew away. That’s when another sound came into bloom, much different from the one before.

“RAAAAAAYYYYH!” it called out. Moments later, a brief rumble began to shake the room.

“All of you, stand your ground!” Celestia called out. The rumbling intensified. Despite the seriosity of the situation, Rainbow Dash remained to her adamantly cocky mindest.

“Hah! What’s next? A group of bird-”

Bad idea.

Before any could withdraw themselves, a yellow burst of light bored into the ceiling of the room. The superheated energy instantaneously incinerated anything in its path, and left a large, burning streak of rubble on the floor. Luckily, no one was hurt, but as they looked up, they realized that it was all downhill from that point.

It was a massive creature, perhaps twice the size of the previously-encountered Discord. It was green, very serpentine-like, with fins along its body and four of them sticking out from behind a head brandishing a large, intimidating maw. It beared markings not dissimilar to Groudon, although, these were yellow.

“Hah! I would have expected as much, intervening like you did before!” Groudon shouted.

“RAYH!” it bellowed, its open mouth revealing a long row of jaws, covered with gum-tissue discounting two, gleaming fangs. Rainbow retreated from her position.

“Wh-what’s that thing?” Twilight asked Groudon, who was still glaring at the beast.

“That, little one, is Rayquaza, the Titan of the Sky.”

After trading looks between the two, she began to notice that neither sunlight or rainfall was present.

“Rayquaza? Titan of the Sky? Darling, what are you talking about?” Rarity inquired.

The aforementioned beast’s eyes began to glow yellow, in tandem with the lines along its body. Before anything could be done, though, a yellow flash followed and nearly blinded most of them. Sending Twilight onto her feet as she stumbled over something, she noticed as her teacher’s horn began to violently shine yellow.

“Princess, maybe it’s not a good idea to try that...” the studious filly groaned, thinking that it was her own.

“Heh...you fool...” Celestia growled. The student dropped back, hearing her tutor’s voice drop several notes.

“This...’Celestia’ you speak of, is temporarily my vessel.” she said, now facing Groudon.

“Groudon, your bout with Kyogre must stop, you don’t realize the circumstances you were once under.”

Groudon spat, “Bah! Why should you care! It’s your own fault for intervening!”

Both Rayquaza and Princess Celestia roared. “DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU RISK?! IT’S MY DUTY TO MAKE SURE YOU TWO DO NOT DO THIS!”

The embodiment of the Blue Orb followed suit, and a quieter one followed somewhere in the distance. “IF YOU WOULD HAVE LET US FINISH! I WOULD HAVE WON AND THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE BECOME AN ISSUE!”

“DO YOU NOT REALIZE THE COST FOR THIS? THE ELEMENTS MUST BE IN BALANCE!”

“Princess Celestia! Or...Rayquaza! Whatever you are; what’s going on?” Twilight tried to shout over the two.

Celestia turned to her student, in a forebodingly low, growling voice, she spoke. “Young one, what you are observing is the colliding force of two titans on an almost-deitical afront. These two could never settle their issues, and what ensued could nearly destroy the world.”

Several gasps from the surrounding group.

“If neither of these two are stopped...then I’m afraid it is the end of your world as we know it.”

The dumbfounded pony turned back to Darklight, and back at Celestia. “But...how were you able to control Princess Celestia--especially Princess Celestia--without the power of one of those orbs?”

“Unlike Kyogre or even Groudon; I possess such power because the Jade Orb has not been in existence since the seventh eclipse of Volcarona’s sun. This was nearly thirteen-thousand years ago. Because of this; I absorbed its power and am able to use it when I need to.”

The serpentine creature and the alicorn princess turned to Darklight. “Since neither of the two have engaged in combat over the past twenty-thousand years, I have had no need to use it.”

Groudon, however, was not so impressed with the explanation. “The need for such power is futile! The only way a fight can be resolved is with one whom rises victorious, and one who falls in defeat!” it interjected.

“That may be in your mindset, Groudon, but it is not the right thing to do.” Rayquaza replied in disappointment.

“Do not blather to me such pacifistic nonsense!” the possessed unicorn bellowed in fury. “Your power is unfathomable on every possible front! Why; look at this gaping hole you created with your earth-shattering Hyper Beam! It is no mystery that you are capable of rendering the most thriving civilization to ashes in one fell-swoop!”

“But I only use it when others are in peril! I do not let my rage interfere with others!” Rayquaza shouted back. “I am a titan of the sky! I have no reason to go anywhere else.”

“RAAAAAAHHH!” the conjoined roar erupted from Groudon again. “I will deal with this no longer! I have a battle to fight; a battle to win!”

Darklight suddenly collapsed to the floor and began to convulse. Many surrounded him, but several of the guards; many of which were still in a state of shock from the debacle, told them to give him room. He began to choke and kick wildly. Eventually, they noticed as he began glowing blue, and, eventually, a ball passed out of him.

The guard of the night laid there; luckily conscious, as the orb sat on the tile.

FRHOOOOOMMMMMM!

What sounded like an explosion began to violently wrack the castle. Bricks in the wall tumbled down, shattering and creating a minefield with their broken-up shards. It stopped after a while.

Rayquaza looked towards the six, multi-coloured ponies. “I do not know how long it will be, but a fight is certainly in development.”

The draconic portion of the two looked up and over the castle. “If I am correct, the Greater Equestrian Sea is going to be where Kyogre is; given how deep it is, and Mount Marblestone is most likely where Groudon will be. The latter needs to be evacuated as soon as possible, I will have no knowledge as to when that tomb of rock and earth will erupt.”

Eventually, Rayquaza and Celestia began to glow a bright yellow, followed by a dull humming. The pitch began to raise, and a few moments later, a flash.

Celestia was on the ground. Her student trotted over to her as quickly as she could.

“Princess Celestia?! Are you...all right?” she asked, trembling from the event.

The alicorn’s eyes began to flutter open. “Y-yes...my student...” she began, “I am fine.”

They looked back up, only to see that nothing was there anymore.

Applejack walked over to her friend. “Uh...Twi’...Ah don’t mean ta’ be botherin’ with this drama, but, uh...we should hurry up and follow to where that...thing...told us to go.”

The sun goddess looked up to the lavender filly. “W-where must we go now?”

Twilight smiled a crooked, nervous smile. “The Greater Equestrian Sea, that’s probably closer.”

Author's Note:

I'm sorry.

I know this chapter is only about half the length of the initial one and very wordy; but you must keep in mind that this was more of a filler and seemed to be more drawn out, even for a guy like me. I've also been a bit of a putz and put this one off to pursue other computer-based goals; so another chapter may take a while.

Once again, I'm sorry to have kept you all waiting for so long...but...here ye' go.

Enjoy! :3

Comments ( 15 )

cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/32641994.jpg

I still love this fic. Can't wait for the next chapter! :pinkiehappy:

When was this chapter published?

2308276

3-ish, I think?

I don't really pay attention to the time, especially on weekends and now that I'm on my Spring Break. :twilightsheepish:

2308306 Wait, 3, as in today?

2309571

Yup.

3 in the afternoon, though.

2309780 Huh. No wonder there are no new chapters. Heh:twilightblush:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

1998309 You can write on FIM fiction!?!? My life is a lie...

2474397

You are able to write on here...but...

In my case, where I typically find myself uncomfortable with writing entire chapters in HTML-format, well, I stick with Google Docs.

They're not very different. However, colored words don't transfer over from GD.

When Groudon and Rayquaza have spoken, they're supposed to have what they say highlighted in red and green respectively, but GD acts like a bitch and doesn't let it work. :rainbowwild:

2514063 you can fix it on Fimfiction. it's easy.

loving this. favorited.

3666632

I've been caught up with other things and the lack of adequate writing space where I won't get caught. (/.3.\)

I absolutely love this story because it talks about my favorite legendary Pokemon Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza its a bit of a shame that the story didn't talk about Deoxys but it was still 20% more awesome:raritystarry:

Login or register to comment