• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 6,241 Views, 269 Comments

The Four Strangers - The One and only One



Four defective Flood Juggernaut Elite Forms land in the world of Equestria. They will meet new friends and foes on the journey to redeem the name of their species.

  • ...
21
 269
 6,241

The Game is Over... For Now

The Four Strangers

The Game is Over... For Now

"Submit! End her torment and my own!" - Gravemind (Halo 3)

The tension continued to rise as the four Juggernauts hesitated to answer the question because out of everything they had gone through, rejection was the only thing that could happen now, every scenario was going through their heads. The group of ponies and changeling continued to stare at them in patience, except for one cyan pegasus.

"Well, are you going to tell us or what!"

"Oohhh, I bet they're aliens from another planet!" yelled out Pinkie.

"Pinkie, why would aliens hide from us, doesn't make them... suspicious and aliens have been proven to be a myth." Interjected Twilight.

"Well... actually she is technically correct." stated Tolerance.

"What? How can that be possible, you aren't scientifically possible?" Replied Twilight.

"It would explain for their outward appearance since I have seen many creatures in my time." Princess Celestia added in.

While everything was going on a changeling drone had flown over towards the group, eyeing the four Juggernauts, the drone landed next to his Queen.

"My Queen?" asked the drone.

"Yes, my loyal subject." replied Chrysalis.

"What are your orders, my Queen?"

Looking around at the debris that was left of the town the Queen made an assessment of the situation, "How many casualties?"

"Seventy-two percent of the swarm is still intact and five percent are unaccounted for, and well twenty-three casualties." Replied the drone.

"Mmmm... then if that is the case... I order you and the rest of the swarm to continue to search for missing changelings and start repairing the damage to the town itself."

" Yes, my Queen." with that the drone buzzed away from the group.

"Well, I don't remember you being so calm about these things." stated a surprised Celestia as she was unamused by the fact that the aliens hesitance to give them their story.

"Yes, since my failed attempt to take over Canterlot I have... thought over my life and decided to start over, the reason more the dress was because a few days ago I was planning on returning to ask for... a truce between our people."

Celestia's eyes widened like dinner plates with a wide smile on her face, she then hugged the Changeling Queen, who after hesitating for a moment, hugged back, everypony and flood looked over at the sight with Luna having a smile on her face. After everything was done between the alicorn Princess and Changeling Queen the group once again focused on the four Juggernauts, whom continued to stall.

"You're stalling." stated Pinkie.

"What?" asked Obligation.

"I said your all stalling."

"We ArE nOt STallInG." interjected Restraint.

"Then tell us what and why you are here, oh andmaybeafterwardswecanhaveapartyandthenyoucanshowusmmmmm..." before Pinkie could finish Twilight's hoof clogged her up.

"Pinkie they can't understand you when you do that... but she is right, can you please start from the beginning, before you deceived us."

"MMMmm... ok we will tell you everything, just don't hate us or try to destroy us." replied Tolerance and with that they told them everything about Flood history, from the beginning with the Forerunners to the Human-Covenant war to the death of the Gravemind, from their they explained in great detail that the last couple of days before today were the few greatest days of their lives, saving the CMC and meeting 'hopefully still' new friends. All the while the changelings were almost finished in rebuilding the small town of Ponyville with all the residents watching from a distance.

After finishing their story the ponies and changeling stood there for a moment to analyze all the information given to them in the past seven minutes or so. Celestia and Luna were the first ones to finish and both had soft smiles on their faces.
Shortly afterward the rest of the group started to smile, except for Chrysalis.

"There is one thing I don't understand, why do you want to change your ways, but the rest of your kind didn't?"

"Well, we were bred to think like the enemy and over time we decided that violence wasn't the answer, also the Gravemind may have been sort of a schizophrenic." replied Obligation as everypony except for Twilight and Chrysalis looked at him with confusion.

“He MeAns CrAZy.” Added Restraint.

“Ohhh!"

With that the group began to walk through the slowly repairing town and headed towards Twilight’s place, which only faced minor damage that had already been taken care of. The inside of course looked exactly as it did when she left it, minus one baby dragon. Everypony plus changeling entered the building and the four Juggernauts placed their appendages inside through the windows.

The changeling Queen decided to speak up first, “So, what do we do now, with… you know the truce?”

“About that Chrysalis,” Replied Celestia as she turned her head to face Twilight, “I think you and Twilight should work together to find a compromise to the changeling/pony situation, if that is you both find that acceptable.”

“I won’t let you down Princess.” Answered Twilight.

“Mmm, I have grown fond of Twilight… I accept your offer.” Replied Chysalis as she moved closer to Twilight and blushed.

“With that out of the way I think we should finish our discussion about the current dilemma, Obligation and his brothers wish to become members of the town and they have that right so the rest of you here are going to help them and the town adjust to this change while Twilight takes care of changeling relations and Obligation, Tolerance, Mercy, and Restraint... I wish you four the best of luck in this quest of redemption for your people."

"We appreciate it." Replied Obligation.

"Well, my sister and I have to return to Canterlot, I bet the nobles are panicking over our sudden leave of absence." with that both Princesses disappeared in a flash of light and five ponies left the library to help the repopulation of the town and adjustment of the four Juggernauts and the townsfolk. Back inside the library Chrysalis and Twilight began to draw up the plans for the truce.

“Do you think peace is possible.” Asked the Changeling Queen.

“With friendship anything possible.” Replied Twilight.

“Anything?”

“Yes… anything is possible.”

END OF ACT 1

Author's Note:

Yeah, end of Act One... yes Act Two will have Twiysalis shipping.

Comments ( 24 )

ALMOST everything. You can't use Friendship to explain magnets or the meaning of life.

>end
boo :(
>Act Two is mentioned
yay
>Twi and Chryssy ship
YAY my 2 most favorite ponies get shipped. i'm so jelly.

2324401 You could have Pinkie try to explain it? She's very friendly...

And crazy. Never mind, your point still stands.

...
All squadrens, tactical story retreat!

. yes Act Two will have Twiysalis shipping.

I've done here bye...

:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright: hmmm I don't think that Twi, Celly, or Luna would have been THAT forgiving to Chryssy so quickly. Methinks it was a bit rushed. I don't mind the shipping but it's just the whole forgiveness thing that was really rushed and almost made me un fave this fic.:twilightoops:

2331469
It was during a time of a writers block, so ya, it is a little rushed, but I never said that all of them forgave her... Hint Hint...BA BA BUUUUUM!

well damn that was unexpected good job
:raritystarry::pinkiehappy:

Wow.. just... wow. Amazing, although you do have a few spelling errors, though if you want, I could beta read the chapters and correct them:twilightsmile:. :pinkiehappy:

2380063
Thanks Viceroy

And I think it would be nice if you beta read my chapters and such.

PS:How does that work, never really had anypony beta read or pre-read my chapters for corrects?

2380177 grammatical errors errywhere

2324410
Y u no update fanfics!
U lazy birthplace!

2324410
Y u no update fanfics!
U lazy birthplace!

2959378
I'm sorry, my computer monitor broke, so i have been saving money to buy a new one... AND my Ipod is partially broken (It glitches up every time I type anything for long periods of time) SO I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TYPE MY CHAPTERS IT IS ALREADY A CHORE TRYING TO TYPE THIS REPLY!!!!!
:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:
Hopefully I should have a new monitor by the next two weeks or so... and then i can get back to typing stories and updating, but for now I can only read Fanfics. :ajbemused:

2959378
Wow that was a bad typo.

I can safely assure you, there is no such thing as a "defective" Flood form. They're all, every single one, agents of of a greater will. They serve something larger and more powerful then themselves. I'm sure it's better on the receiving end of the infection.

You are aware that most collected mass would be directly sent to some chamber in order to create a storage/growing area for mindpower? So four, not just one, four towering, expensive Juggernauts couldn't exist without a nearby Gravemind in the galaxy. It'd take, maybe a whole platoon's worth of Sangheilian Warriors just to create the armor plating necessary to make one Juggernaut.

There's no such thing as waste in The Flood, no such thing as mistakes in The Flood. Every Flood form doesn't have it's brain intact, they're harvested and gathered by a growing Gravemind. Despite what you may think, Flood members aren't brainless. If one Juggernant were to be made, it'd be by a Gravemind entirely, or at least in it's chamber where it directly oversees it.

And, the story follows the same route of nearly every single other Crossover.

3/10. Fair enough concept, albeit with several plot-holes holes.

Your story is pretty nice, also, glad to see you put into my Group, most people just put Doctor who stuff in there, but I made it for all forms of sci-fi. So here have a pinkie and a fluttershy... :pinkiehappy::yay: as well as a fave and thumbs up. Keep up the good work and remember, don't let the imagination train stop rollin...

6825494 Oh man here's some nostalgia. Yeah i'd have to agree now, it would be more surprising if they didn't panic. Especially considering what they must look like. Let's be honest most of us would probably run as well.

An interesting story. Things got a little too jumbled in the last two chapters for my liking, but I'd still like to read more of this Flood story.

2380177 HLS, loads and loads of HLS.

So, you need to work on punctuation, the difference between there, they're, and their, and some other minor stuff. But good job.

God I wamt this to continue.

Login or register to comment