• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 3,109 Views, 360 Comments

Memories of Zephyr - Zephyr



Do you ever asked who Zephyr is? This is his story, find it out!

  • ...
6
 360
 3,109

Chapter 11

After moving into my new home I quickly made it comfortable and was eager to see the new workplace, so after locking the door, I flew to Ponyville.

Before I got into the small city, I stopped to rest a bit - my wounds were healed (more or less) but my general condition has worsened due to the lack of moving in the hospital. And don't speak about the bandages around my chest and left side, they were not the most comfortable things to wear.

Five minutes later I felt myself ready to go, but in the second I got off the ground, a rainbow colored explosion boomed trough the air. It came from Cloudsdale.

"Wow, that's familiar.... Is it... Her? In Cloudsdale?" I tried to think why would a Sonic Rainboom happen in Cloudsdale. "Oh of course! That race I forgot the name... And time. I should be in it. Uh, whatever."



Some time later, in Ponyville.



I landed in the front of the City Hall.

'If I'm correct, I have to ask the Mayor.' I thought as I got inside.

As I trotted inside the building and were greeted by an unicorn receptionist.

"Good day sir, what can I do for you?"

"Uhm, hello, I come here to sign myself for the weather pegasus job... I don't know where to search the Weather Control HQ, so I came here."

"Oh! Well, you saved your time by going here first. The Mayor's office is in this way." She pointed to a staircase. "You will find her upstairs."

"Thank you!"

I trotted upstairs. The Mayor was a bit elderly looking mare with grey mane and glasses. Maybe that's why she looked old.

"Welcome to Ponyville, what do you want Mr...?"

"Verve. My name is Zephyr Verve."

"So, what do you want here Mr. Verve?"

"I came here to take the Weather Pegasus job, I read about it in the Cloudsdale News."

"Hmm, I see, and why would I let you take it? Do you have any certifications?"

'She's getting on my nerves!'

"I'm a retired Royal Guard. I've been sent to retirement because I got injured. I thought you could see my bandages. But if that's not enough I was one of the best flyer in my division... No, in the whole army. Is this enough?"

She blinked a few.

"Y-yes, I think it is. Please sign this form here and you can go to the HQ, it's near to the hospital, you can't miss it." She wasn't that stuck-up now...

"Thank you!" I signed the paper and left her in her office. I hate the ponies who thinks themselves big because they have a bit of 'power'...




At the HQ...



I stopped and looked up. The building wasn't extraordinary, the only significant detail what made it recognizable, was the big sign on the front.

"Oookay, one way to go."

I said and stepped inside.
The interior was familiar, it almost looked like a post office. As I walked to a counter, a mare spotted me and greeted me.

"Hello stranger, what you are up to?" Her coat is sky-blue, she have orange eyes and blond mane.

"Hi, my name is Zephyr Verve, I'm here to sign myself for weather pegasi."

"Let me guess, you were at the Mayor?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Nothing. My name is Wind Whistler, nice to meet you Zephyr."

"Same here! Well, when can I start?"

"Not so fast, first I need to check what can you do!"

"Oh, we can miss that, I can do anything."

She raises an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Really?"

"Yes. Of course not right now, but like a weak later I will be able to clear the sky in seconds. Just my wounds heal up, you will see."

She looks at my bandages.

"Hm, yes, you are wounded, but why?"

"Because I was a Royal Guard until a few weaks ago, when I was attacked. My whole squad was killed, I barely survived. Shortly."

She stared me with a surprized and sad expression.

"Ohh, I didn't know, sorry..." She stops staring me and begins to poke the floor with her right forehoof.

"No, you don't have to. Just.. Move on."

She nods and signs to follow her.


"So, this is the sqad! Or almost, the leader is out of city now."

We went in a resting place: some couches, a coffe-table with some magazines, and a coffe-machine.

I looked at the team and...

"Bluey?"

"Zeph?"

"I haven't see you in AGES!"

Yes, there he was, my good old friend, Blue Breeze, in whole life-size.
We brohoofed like in the old times.

"What are you doing here?"

"Uhm, working?"

"Oh. Right. Well, welcome!"




Fantastic. I got my job and an old friend in the same day. What else could come now?


The next day.



Bluey told me about the how and when, so I was ready for everything. Except one thing.

A multicolored thing.



I was in the resting place, waiting for my assignment for my first day when she come in.

'Wooooowwww....' I tought as I saw her: Cyan coat, rainbow colored mane and tail, and a cloud with a rainbow colored lightning shooting from it as a cutiemark. Awesome.

She looked at me with a waiting expression. I got it and walked before her.

"My name is Zephyr Verve, I'm the 'new guy'."

She raised her eyebrows but then smiled.

"Rainbow Dash, the team leader, welcome in the squad!"

We shook our hooves.


I don't know how, but I was able to control myself. Okay, now comes the first step... I have to get know her more.


Weeks passed, and I got more and more information about her, my plan about how could I conquer her heart has formed.
Time to do the second step.


It was a grey and peaceful dusk when I got to her cloud house. I had a small package in my mouth: A single red rose and an expensive choclate heart.

'I will just leave it on her doorstep, she will find it and I will tell her that I left it at her yesterday. Yes, this must work.
Or maybe not, I don't know what to do with girls, I never had a fillyfriend and... Who the hay am I talking to now?'

I stopped thinking and placed my present on Dash's doorstep, just to fly away quickly.

'This must work, this must work, this must work.... Oh I'm hopeless....'

Comments ( 16 )
Ice

Every fic? also Nice story you ended it really well.

135278
EVERY. DAMN. FIC.

And thanks, I wanted to end it this way so I can continue it in the sequels.
Main sequels: How Did I Get Here? and Opportunity of a Lifetime.

Ice

135287 So.....I can't kill you off then?

135295
Kill me.. WHAT?
NO!

...

Please don't do such a thing like killing me in your story.

Ice

135306 Please I won't now I mean I wasn't uuummmm.

YES! i have returned! i was actually hoping this was how id make my return. its funny considering the default backstory i give for my character is that he eventually moves from cloudsdale to ponyville and becomes a weather pony there

135278 :rainbowdetermined2: YES!

I find it hard to see how you will add the Haylo part in, but it can be done.


I think I see what is about to happen... (does it involve a certain injured pegasus?)

135313
That was my basic idea too. :twilightsmile:

It's hard to think of different jobs for pegasi to do. (Besides mail :derpytongue2: and weather :rainbowdetermined2:)

135315
:)
Everything will be done my friend.

135320

.... Lol...

Well, what else could a pegasi do...

Ice

135324 Assassin

Ice

135320 Assassin

135919 unicorns are far superior assassins! cuz lets face it, anything a pegasus can do a unicorn can do better :trixieshiftleft:

Oh really now? I would love to see a sequel to Portal 42 (when it's finished anyway).

Login or register to comment