• Published 8th Jan 2012
  • 3,107 Views, 360 Comments

Memories of Zephyr - Zephyr



Do you ever asked who Zephyr is? This is his story, find it out!

  • ...
6
 360
 3,107

Chapter 1

Author's note: the story's rewriting has started, this chapter is obviously the first. Have fun rereading the improved version!






'Summer! At last!'

That was my first thought when I woke up. The early sun's rays had already moved out of my room, and didn't bother me while I was sleeping.
Here I am. A proud pegasi colt. Tan coat, light-green eyes, royal-blue mane, and royal expectations about my breakfast.

"Zephy! Wake up! Breakfast is waiting you!"

I heard my mother's voice. Kind mare, but pretty strict at times... especially when I did something forbidden. But what else could I do when I was three and half years old?

"I'm coming!" I shouted downstairs, then jumped out of the bed, washed my face in the bathroom, and with a short glide above the stairs, I was in the kitchen.

Ma (as I used to call her) just finished making Prench Toast, and gave me the first slice.

"Sit down please, you have your place at the table." She said, then she brushed her mane back: her wavy blonde locks always worked their way before her sky-blue eyes.
The contrast is interesting in her colors, because she had a red coat.


[she have a cutie mark, but I couldn't find a good picture...]

"Awww.. Fine." I said with a look of defeat, then I jumped on my chair.

'Now I can start, finally!' I thought, and then began to eat.

After finishing the breakfast I headed to our small garden. A single cherry tree was in it, and I wanted to climb to the top. After five minutes of futile attempts, I almost gave up. But then I saw the most red cherries, and where?

On the uppermost branch.

"I'll get you!" I said, and jumped from branch to branch, climbing like a young cat. I was happy because having my wings helped me with jumping. Pretty useful, huh?
They were so close. I was almost able to reach them. I crawled closer to the edge of the branch, the cherries were just an inch away. And the I heard a crack.

The falling was fast. Unfortunately, I spinned upside down, facing the sky, so I fell on my wings. I heard another crack. And then I heard nothing.


The next thing I remember was a white wall with a window in it. I didn't know where I was, how I got there, or why I was there. I was just lying on my belly, and stared out the window.
Then I started to look around. The next thing I saw was a lot of half-deflated ballons on the right side. I looked futher right... And I saw something horrible.

A white... thing was attached to me. I looked around in panic: on the left side too! And then everything came back: the tree, the cracking sound, the fall...

I started to cry, not because of pain (which I luckily hadn't felt) but because I knew this was more than serious.
A nurse answered my teary call. She sat down next to my bed and tried to calm me down.

"Ssshhhhhh, little colt. Don't worry, everything will be fine!" Her voice was calming, so I tried to stop crying - with not much success.

"Wh-what happened?" I asked, still crying, but with a clear mind. I hate it when I can't stop crying.

"You fell down from a tree... and broke both of your wings, but you're lucky! They'll be fine!"

For a moment I had thought they would cut my wings off... then I sighed in relief after hearing the last part.

"H-how long do I need to be here?"

"A few more days Zephy, just a few."

"Where is Ma?"

"Your mummy? She just left for work. But she will be here soon, I promise."

The kind look in her blue eyes calmed me down, so I was able to take a better look at her. Blue eyes, as I had seen before, a light-pink mane and pure white coat - she was pretty, and, if I wasn't wrong, young too, as old as my big brother (who is 17 years older than me.)

After an eternity of waiting, Ma arrived. Her blond mane was a mess, and her eyes were bloodshot from crying.

"Oh, I was so worried about you! Why did you climb so high? I told you not to!" She really was worried, but as she always used to, she began to reprimand me. Why? I will never understand.


And that was how my third summer began: Detained in my own room, for a month, unable to use my wings for the rest of the summer. No gliding, no learning to hover and fly, no anything.


And that means no friends too.